Old 12-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #1233
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Make it a New Year's card and you give yourself alot more time to get it out. It's just too good not to use.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #1234
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Thanks for the support, Myself and Holly made it about an hour ago, it took about 2 minutes to get it, I just love the Y being backwards.

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 AM   #1235
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Happy New Year sisters!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #1236
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Guess what we started 2008 with?

More snow....a nice snow storm all day long - leaving us with about another 7 inches....Good thing we had some Florida weather the week of Christmas and all that rain - or the snow banks would be above the windows

Today is a beautiful sunny day with a splendid Zero F! Brrr - I know there is always somewhere colder than here - hmmm hey gals ya think TopSail might be pushing the minus temps by this Friday Oh My!!!

Not sure which would be worse - cold weather here that IS expected - or traveling 1500 miles to expect warm weather and get colder weather than our late winters - brrrr.... Hope you all packed your woolies for the Rally

Just in case you might need a warm fire - here is one we set a couple of days ago...

Our Garage is now down and the area nice and safe - we were not able to salvage too much else - doors and windows were lost by the time the storms finished over Christmas - rendering the weight just too much for even LadyBugs Cabinet doors! - With the cold temps now here - the perma frost is in- so we will wait till spring to build the new garage. But take the winter to clear the trees and get all the plans and permits approved. (as if we need to go through more permits

We are loaded up ready for the dump with the Landscape trailer and all the scrap wood was burned - it made a beautiful fire - and Haily the fire Dog loved it too.

Just have to get a quote on building the Ladybuy Tall closets and Bathroom wall partitian the only cupboards totally lost - then we can obtain our insurance claim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1299.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	51810   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1322.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	51811  

Name:	100_1323.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	51812   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1325.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	51813  

Name:	100_1334.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	51814  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #1237
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Your bonfire, though sad you had to burn, looks warming this frosty morning, 5 degrees here. But, we are promised a warm up to almost 60 degrees by weekend's end...bring it on! Hoping everyone has a safe, prosperous, and happy new year~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #1238
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Bakersfield , California
Hello everyone- I just found this message board, and after reading a huge chunk of your thoughts and ideas- HAD to introduce myself! I am a new Airstreamer- purchased "Betty" around Thanksgiving...A little bit of history- recently divorced after a 18 year marriage- two great kids..but an ex who is better as a friend than husband . I bought Betty because I realized I had only a short time yet with my 15 and 13 year old- and wanted to do something very fun and adventuresome..boy did I!
I am so excited, every time we hook up and go somewhere..all 3 times, so far. I am a true newbie to this and cannot wait to see what tomorrow holds- for me, kids and Betty!
Oh, and going to my first Rally in March with a great group of Silver Belles!! What an adventure! There is life after disappointment- and I have a feeling those smores are part of the healing process!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #1239
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
A big Welcome - AirstreamJoy!

Hey what a great group to hook up with - those Silver Bells out west know how to live it up.

Just want to wish you all the best in your new life - it is always a great step to know what makes you happy first!!! then the living can start happening for all around you but more importantly for yourself.

I learned that one this summer - you are no good to any of your family if you are unhappy with yourself

If you are ever out east - you be sure to look us up - not sure which group samples more wine could you just imagine if the east and the west got together for a Rivette Rally - OH MY!

PS I have been looking at the 06 22' CCD International - tossing the idea around of trading my vintage in for a newer model. If it were not for our crisis with the Garage cave in at Christmas - I might have been able to convince the Hubby.

Do they all come with that little desk at the back - I was thinking if I got one I would convert that to a nice little "L" couch - something like what is in the back of the 69 GlobeTrotter/Carvel - but just a little shorter on the curbside - and it would not pull out to be a bed - well I suppose it could and be a kids bed or better yet a nice big dog bed - so that the Humans could have the other beds to themselves.

You have any pics you could share.....
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #1240
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
Debra!
a girl after my own heart. i am looking to but an airstream and be living in it by August 1. I have had three children and am divorced and FREEEEE. I have lived some very interesting places and now just do not want to LIVE anywhere so the Airstream is materializing. I do feel that i have alot of offer as far a life experience avoiding pitfalls getting out of the pit after the fall etc etc. so I am very open to advise suggestions and have alot od support to offer to anyone interested.. I M LOOKING FOR A 19-22 FOOT INTERNATIONAL -- YOU HAVE ONE DON'T YOU .. IT OS PERFECT? DO YOU WISH FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT ? FILL ME IN ON ALL YOUR DETAILS...OPS SORRY ABT THE CAPS -- typing is a little tricky for me.
Jane

going out of town for a week Mon-Fri back soon
Old 01-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #1241
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
So how are our plans for our 08 rally coming Tin Sista?

Welcome all, I hope you all enjoy Airstreaming as much as I do, I love it, and it too is a free feeling for me.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #1242
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Thumbs up

Hey everyone

Lurker & newbie here too

24 yr old single gal. I've had my 72 Ambassador since June - my first non-tent! She was taken by my contractor just before Christmas (Merry Christmas to ME!) to get a major rebuild to be hopefully completed by summer. I'm going to try to do some of it myself as well.

Then if all goes well, by fall I'll be working on the road with my parrots.

Loving the conversations in this thread. Many of you are a real inspiration. Nice to meet you girls!

Brock
Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #1243
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLives
Hey everyone

Lurker & newbie here too

24 yr old single gal. I've had my 72 Ambassador since June - my first non-tent! She was taken by my contractor just before Christmas (Merry Christmas to ME!) to get a major rebuild to be hopefully completed by summer. I'm going to try to do some of it myself as well.

Then if all goes well, by fall I'll be working on the road with my parrots.

Loving the conversations in this thread. Many of you are a real inspiration. Nice to meet you girls!

Brock
Hi Brock;

A nice big welcome to you too - nope I am not the welcoming comittee tee hee - I grant Laura that honor Cause she just has so much energy...(not that I have any granting powers either

I was just in from outside in this balmy 40+ weather - checking things out for the ensuing freeze over----nothing worse than things freezing in - one thing snowed in but ice is a killer....

So I am diging out the LB and putting planks and raising her up so that I can pull her up out of the water - about 4 inches the wheels are sitting in now.

Also have to dig out some extra sump hose - so that we can get the water further away from the foundation...another permanent fix in the spring. We have to re-route it from our addition and just well did not have time before winter set in.

So anyway you have to elaborate girls - on the road with Parrots - tell us more that is so interesting in itself - but would love to hear more and see pics of your parrots.....we love birds here have you noticed......
Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #1244
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
HI GT 1963-
I LOVE MY TRAILER!! I think the back desk is standard in all 22 foot International CCD- It is a great place to work (I can leave my work out ..and still eat dinner at the table ) But the idea of a small couch there is appealing too- since it does not have one.. how do you go about finding a small couch to fit there?? See- I told you I was green!
I am really excited about the rally- they sound like my cup of tea, exactly!! I am already planning what to bring to the potluck- ok- I need a life!!
Thanks for your encouragement- I know 2008 is going to be better!!

Airstream JOY
airstreamJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #1245
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
A big Welcome - AirstreamJoy!

Hey what a great group to hook up with - those Silver Bells out west know how to live it up.

Just want to wish you all the best in your new life - it is always a great step to know what makes you happy first!!! then the living can start happening for all around you but more importantly for yourself.

I learned that one this summer - you are no good to any of your family if you are unhappy with yourself

If you are ever out east - you be sure to look us up - not sure which group samples more wine could you just imagine if the east and the west got together for a Rivette Rally - OH MY!

PS I have been looking at the 06 22' CCD International - tossing the idea around of trading my vintage in for a newer model. If it were not for our crisis with the Garage cave in at Christmas - I might have been able to convince the Hubby.

Do they all come with that little desk at the back - I was thinking if I got one I would convert that to a nice little "L" couch - something like what is in the back of the 69 GlobeTrotter/Carvel - but just a little shorter on the curbside - and it would not pull out to be a bed - well I suppose it could and be a kids bed or better yet a nice big dog bed - so that the Humans could have the other beds to themselves.

You have any pics you could share.....
I am going to take some today- with lower pixels, so I can post..have I said this yet..I LOVE MY TRAILER??
airstreamJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #1246
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Thanks Sharon! I'm not averse to multiple welcoming committees...

4 inches of water, wow. We got a storm here last year that covered my car with about 1 1/2 inches of ice, and I thought that was bad! Luckily you have a little time to get things together.

Laura - I want to hear from you. I read you are a young buck like me (well, young doe)

Give me a few minutes to figure out picture attachments and I'll share some parrot stories!

Brock