Old 12-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #1191
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Jamie - for a cheap fix - try winter windsheild washer in a spray bottle....spray around all the seams some will soak in just enough to breakup/ melt the ice.

If you don't have any of that - the lock deicer stuff will work as well - once you get your door open wipe around it with warm soapy water to take any of the deicer residue away.

The hairdryer would also do fine and will not hurt your coating or melt any gaskets or seals - just the ice - it is not a paint stripper or all of us would be walking around with bald heads with our hair all singed off

As far as a new hiding place we have lots of space - I will take reall good care of them

Old 12-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #1192
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sisters
Just got back from the grocery store..bought some more flour, sugar, etc..will bake more brownies and chocolate chip w/walnut cookies..also bought some mini marshmallow and rice krispies cereal..anyone like some?..just pass your plate..well, that is when I get to baking them!..also bought some popcorn..how 'bout putting on a dvd and having some of that too? any requests for a video?..how 'bout rv or the long lost trailer?..

Old 12-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #1193
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
2 great flicks if you are talking Robin Williams and Lucille Ball respectively, and I would love some popcorn! Have you seen Lost in America? We like that one too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #1194
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol,

Haven't seen Lost in America of rv..but heard Robin Williams is a hoot in that..did see the Lucy and Desi one though..quite a classic!!!..can you smell the popcorn?..I was amazed how many different kinds of popcorn there are on the market!..I like the buttered theatre kind..any preferences?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #1195
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
With my infernal sweet tooth, I love the caramel corn, especially that with pecans too. Why does sweet have to be so bad for us????? ~G Jamie, have you broken into the Bambi yet? I think pots of warm water poured over the door would be the most harm-free solution. I've gotten into frozen car doors many times with a pan of warm water. Keep us posted...
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #1196
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi G,

I admit I have a sweet tooth too!..especially for carmel corn..there used to be a Fox theatre here in Sacramento, and before going in, I always tried to buy boxed carmel corn called Karmel Korn..the best!!!..and I also like Cracker Jacks..anyone for some of that too?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #1197
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I like the standard butter Pop Corn - theatre kind

Codybear all those sweeties sound so sweet I have not had any time to bake or make anything special for this Christmas - think it just might come and go without even noticing at this rate

Just in now- got the snowblower fixed with a new belt and I cleared the drive while Peter was out playing hockey.

It is still snowing here has been all day - left another 6 inches on the drive - and not sure what we will see in the morning. They are callilng for rain -but have only seen the white stuff. However it has gone very mild.

It is very pretty with all the snow - we have a metal roof and the snow usually falls off - but for some reason it is staying on and now has formed a few ice dams - we will have to get up there and drop those icicles - they are very dangerous and could impale the girls if under them when they fall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1228.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	51204
Old 12-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #1198
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sharon,

That is gorgeous..real icicles!..it's raining here in Sacramento..finally getting some needed rain..we spent the day 'delivering' baked goods..and Steve's specialy: smoked meats..this year, smoked chicken and bratswursts

I'm finishing up another critter: a green frog..
Old 12-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #1199
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Sharon,

That is gorgeous..real icicles!..it's raining here in Sacramento..finally getting some needed rain..we spent the day 'delivering' baked goods..and Steve's specialy: smoked meats..this year, smoked chicken and bratswursts

I'm finishing up another critter: a green frog..

You sound like the food elves

We had a very dry fall and the farmers were concerned - now if this snow rate keeps up for both January and February we are going to have terrible floods in the spring if it is a quick thaw.

Here is a closer shot of the icicles......and we are foregoing a tree this year - but we look out at this one from the sun room. The snow is just too deep to go back too far to cut one down - I might take a walk up along the side of the road maybe and see.

Name:	100_1220.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	51206

Name:	100_1212.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	51208
Old 12-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #1200
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Thanks for all your suggestions. The Elves decided to go with the easiest solution first -- the winter windshield washer in a spray bottle -- and it worked! The Christmas bundle of goodies is saved! I should've know our Canadian member would pull through on this one. She's probably an elf in disguise, with lots of experience dealing with gifts locked behind frozen doors.

I can't believe how much ice and snow is on that trailer now. We're getting more this morning and there's already another 6-7" on top already. I'll get a picture later today, when it's supposed to stop. (must....believe.... snow... will....stop...someday). So far no closed schools in our winter-hardy town though. Just a few delayed starts. A bummer for the kids.

Anybody got a spare cookie and some cocoa today for a weary snow shoveler who can't seem to get any baking in edgewise?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #1201
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Good oh for you Jamie -

I figured that the windshield wash would not harm the clear coat of the trailer - or the car industries would have been up in arms years and years ago - cause you know when you spray your windshield that stuff gets all over your car...

Not sure how many of us Canuks actually change out to the bug spray in the summer- I know we don't so it runs all over the paint jobs year round

I hear you and sympathize with you more than you will ever know on the Snow and Ice - but it is starting to grow on us now...And we still have to face January, February AND March - so we may as well conceed and just plan ahead and make things safe and enjoyable.

Get lots of aching muscle remedies in and make sure the Propane tank is full at all times - so that the hot jacuzzis will not be in jeopardy.

One thing is for sure though - it is so amazingly pretty to look at - when you are nice and warm and not shoveling it

The Snow Blower is back in full working order - after Peter and I froze our butts off last night fixing it - outside - why tee hee - cause their ain't no garage

And Jamie heads up - we are getting another storm coming across this weekend - and it might dip as low to your place. You did get quite a bit of snow - you must be sitting in one of those snow pockets - as we are.

I went out yesterday and it seems that just our house got hit with a ton of snow and everyone else had reasonable snow

Happy Baking all - and wrapping up those last minute items that Santa could not get to cause he has been shoveling too!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #1202
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Thanks for all your suggestions. The Elves decided to go with the easiest solution first -- the winter windshield washer in a spray bottle -- and it worked! The Christmas bundle of goodies is saved! I should've know our Canadian member would pull through on this one. She's probably an elf in disguise, with lots of experience dealing with gifts locked behind frozen doors.

I can't believe how much ice and snow is on that trailer now. We're getting more this morning and there's already another 6-7" on top already. I'll get a picture later today, when it's supposed to stop. (must....believe.... snow... will....stop...someday). So far no closed schools in our winter-hardy town though. Just a few delayed starts. A bummer for the kids.

Anybody got a spare cookie and some cocoa today for a weary snow shoveler who can't seem to get any baking in edgewise?

-J
Hi Jamie,
The sun is shining today..and we do have snow in the foothills..have some hot cocoa on me, please..and w/marshmellow and or/whipped cream to top it off if your heart desires
Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #1203
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
ps..Aria, here's my frog I finished today..to keep the ducks company in the pond
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_4359.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	51251  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #1204
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
ha ha ha love the frog with a fly swatter, hey he's cheating Very cute Paula.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote