Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #1177
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Ahhhhhh - warm at last....

Okay Jamie - I read your mind before you had a chance to post

I was so bushed later this afternoon - cold and aching from head to toe....so the best medicine for that is......
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1188.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	51132

And ~G I would love to watch both movies as long as I am sitting in front of........

Name:	100_1196.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	51133

Steph thought you might like this one too....in the midst of all that shoveling - over by the Honda - I tossed some snow to the right of the car where there is a small maple tree - I took a double take thinking there was a snake in the tree!!! I then remembered that I had found it in the summer - it is a cedar root and thought it looked just like a snake - so I popped it in the tree so that the girls would not pick it up and chew it before I got it back to the house. Must have forgotten all about it... well I cleaned the outer layer off and popped it on the Ornamental Heron - that usually sits out by our Pond to keep the other birds away from eating my fish....

Name:	100_1182.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	51131

Jamie that is a really cool picture - like a patio party forgotten in time, with just a hint of a strawberry shortcake and slight vision of a ring left by the german cut crystal champagne glass, raised on its last toast of a lingering late summer evening....

Cheers Ladies.....

Old 12-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #1178
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Problem with AOL

I know I am doing correct Photo Post. It's AOL again. When I press Attachments ....page comes up cannot find server.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #1179
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Sorry you are having problems Arial - I just posted above and did not get any server errors - but I was getting them yesterday or the day before and ended up double posting photos.

Perhaps you could PM one of the Mods to help you out???

Not sure what I can say to help you out unless you want to e-mail your photos to me and I can try and post them for you???
Old 12-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #1180
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Thank you Sharon, you are a dear

Perhaps no one wants to see SNOW. Look close...and you can see our Call Ducks. They hate the snow...but want to get out to take a bath in our Pond.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Winter Ducks and Barn.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	51144  
Old 12-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #1181
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
They need little black wetsuites and they could be little penguins

Do they slide into the pond? They are so nice - do they make lots of quacking noises.

So you have been shoveling too Two hours east of us got really whalloped. The bad thing is now they are calling for it to warm up and we are going to get rain - maybe we should just leave the garage for now and it would become a skating rink and then a swimming pool in the spring...

I don't really mind the snow - but when it is spread out a bit Give the old bones a bit of a time to recover before the next lot comes...
Old 12-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #1182
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Merry Christmas

AOL is finally cooperating. Will try and send Merry Christmas to All Sisters
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #1183
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Aria, that looks like a picture on a card. Hope you have a great holiday and new year and all your wishes come to you like (call) ducks in a row.

Sharon I like that 5 star treatment over at your snowy lodge. Glad to hear cleanup is moving along at a fast pace and your plans will be most welcome and advantageous for your new venture.

Jamie all that shoveling probably makes you happy to look on your botanical sketches. Are you working on a project now through winter?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #1184
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi,

I can finally post online..after the electrician left and was able to plug in the desktop etc..turns out when one tries to blow dry hair, watch tv, and have a portable electric heater all going on at once is not such a smart thing to do!..lesson learned..so the portable heater will be saved as a backup for the Safari instead of our house, and instead, put on more jammies or turn on the central heater to heat up our bedroom that faces north..
Aria, those call ducks are soooo cute, but I feel for their little feet on that snow!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:10 AM   #1185
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Sharon, Carol, Paula and all Sisters: We have a di-icer on our Pond that keeps a small section open. The Call Ducks like to take a bath daily. They love the water...hate the snow.

We do need to shovel a path. They go in and out daily. We do not leave them out at night. Sometimes they slide on the SNOW...do not want to walk on the snow. They are a delight and we do enjoy them. They do quack..when they are out of food, whey people drive in our driveway...almost when they "have something to say". Of course they always talk to each other.

Husband Floyd built the Duck Barn and the pond. And the Wreath is one of our creations. It has bird lights, Cardinals, and Pine Cones. The Snow covers most of it. Need some coffee and one of my cookies. ENJOY
Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #1186
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey Jamie, great snowfall there! Did the kids get a snowday yet?

We didn't get much just around 8 inches or so, but its been fun with the sleds.

Aria your cookies look great! I'm starting a batch of New Years Waffle Cookies, they are thin oval shaped butter cookies with grid patterns, like the Jules Destrooper waffle cookies, usually Belgians (Flemish) give them out at New Years but the Americanized ones in Michigan give them out at Christmas.

Sharon, I love your rv garage plan!! Oh that is going to be sweet I am so happy for you and Peter!! That cedar root is cool in the heron's beak! Too funny...glad it wasn't an arctic snake....
Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #1187
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello all,
Well things are wonderful here. I have today and thursday off work, my computer should be back today, after 3 months of no computer, I'm ready to have it back. Almost have all the christmas shopping done, couple of people I still need to cover but then I'm done. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1188
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
North Pole -- this is New England calling -- we have a problem...

The elves have been using the Bambi to store Christmas surprises this year. I went out there today after shopping to tuck a few more away and what to my wondering eyes did appear? -- the Bambi door is frozen shut!!!! There is ice all over and around the door, on the hinges, everywhere. Do you think warming it up with a hairdryer will get it to budge without hurting anything? It's not locked, and the door handle is not frozen, it's just sealed all around with ice.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #1189
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Can you put a portable heater near it, otherwise it would seem like you would have a long time standing there with the hair dryer. I wonder if you could make some sort of foil shield to prevent all the heat from rising. Can you set a table out there or stack boxes to raise or lower the height? What would happen to an electric blanket would you get zapped in outdoor use? Extra warm water poured on?? However can you raise the temperature around the door, don't suppose the sun is shining and you could use a reflector? How about light bulbs or a lamp? Kill two birds with one stone and put a nice Xmas flood light on it. Best call Santa 911, this could be serious!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #1190
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
yay, i have my computer back, ill be on here a lot more now!!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote