Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #99
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Sorry about that. A phone call from home. I thought the cell phones wouldn't work out here. Oh well.

You can also use any kind of peppers for spray in your garden. Jalapinos, seranoes, habaneros work well also. Just remember to add a little dish detergent so it will stick to your plants. When I had the space to garden, I did the organic thing. If you can have chickens where you are, they are also good at eating the bugs in the garden. I let mine free range and they would follow the rotor tiller up a row and down a row, then up a row and down a row. It was funny to watch.

As far as a specialty goes, I don't really have one. But I am willing to try almost anything. I really enjoy animals and have 2 dogs and 3 cats of my own. My dogs love to camp and will try to be the first to the TV when I am loading the TT. I also have a pet sitting business besides my day job. Right now I am staying with 2 Great Danes, 2 mutts and 1 cat.

Anyone ready for s'mores yet?

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #100
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Ghirardelli chocolate hazelnut cocoa steaming in mugs here!

Hey hey the campfire is heating up!! Med charts eh Juel?? Hang in there and put your feet up!

Meredith, I think that Airstream portrait idea is something you could run with!!! Cool!

Thrifting is so much fun, man it brings back memories too! Its like oh I remember seeing that in grandma's kitchen wow...

Kathy if you ever want to come up north we have a guest room and a spare coat, you can play in the snow any old time you want!! Course its the wind chill that'll get ya here...

Georgia, way back in the day, I used to ride in 4-h too, hunt seat over fences, dressage, and western too, couldn't get enough of horses as a girl ...that's so sweet you did all that for your girls!! Course now I just admire them from a distance, my sis in law raises rocky mtn spotted horses kind of like Tenn walkers, they are so sweet!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:24 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
"Sure...I'll take some more chocolate," leaning forward with a rather burnt stick trying to stab another marshmallow on.
"We really have some talented women in our group don't we? I went fishing with my Dad when younger, even caught some frogs in a lake...ate them too! Only it seems when I was younger I could eat the legs and was convinced they tasted like chicken, just because everyone said they did...now I can't stand to look at them! Yuck! I wouldn't mind learning to fly fish...it might even seem sexy! But...I'm not sure I could handle the fish wiggling around and all that...someone would have to do that....and clean em too!
I think I'm doomed to eating Sushi already prepared and/or Salmon from Costco!
Hobbies??? I'm an artist myself. I've been a Faux Painter/Muralist and now I'm working of canvas size paintings in oil...mostly Portraits...love people...something about humanity and what and who we are, how we see and handle our lives, loves, philosophy. Sounds a little 'woowoo' but I am into the Universe and Metaphysical interests...touch therapy, science of mind and Deepak Chopra subjects. Spirit and connectivity. Meditation, Yoga and don't forget the power of 'CHOCOLATE' again! hee heee...!

http://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Ooooo Ooooo!

I almost forgot to share that when I was a teen I also used to show Quarter Horses in Western Riding and Barrel Race, Polebending, Cutting...but like others now that I'm ...uh yup...older.....and live on a beach, no horses now...but still love em!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Wow all you gals are dog/cat critter lovers, garden dwellers, future fly fishers and either love to take pictures or most certainly love lookin at them.

The fire is real sweet along with some nice hot chocolate okay maybe with a touch of hmm lets see what do I have in my cupboard???

Here it is the Rusty Rivette theme for my new little 63 - tell me if you think this will work???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusty Rivette Decor copy.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	31651  
Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 PM   #104
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
*gulping down the last of the s'more...okay my third s'more *

And Debra don't forget the great items we found scavenging all the thrift stores in Palm Springs!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #105
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Love the Rusty Rivette theme...
Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
How does this relate?

One of my favorite quotes:

"You make what seems like a simple choice: choose a man or a job or a neighborhood--and what you have chosen is not a man or a job or a neighborhood, but a life."---Jessamyn West

I have this quote taped up on my bathroom mirror among some others, but I've found that this quote is so very true for me... I grew up in the Midwest(KCMO) and left there for my job TWA airlines and was based in NYC then married a local guy there...when my whole beingness 'really' wanted to be in California where it's warm...so life happens, by our choices and we make so many choices without fully understanding the full consequences...so I made a life somewhere I really didn't intend to be...
Thankfully, I've had another life given to me, my last half of my life that I can create in the form I really choose it to be! I got my beach house, my painting career, my Bambi, my health, my daughters...and my friends....what else can someone ever want?

I'd love to hear everyone's story about how they got from there to here...???
Now I think I'm ready for that Bailey's if there's enough to share...

Debra

Old 01-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Sharon ...LOVE love the Rusty Rivette theme...you got it goin Girl!
maybe a black lunchbox too???

Laurel, I can't wait to see what you've done to your Bambi...hint??

Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, great graphic! From Babee. . ."Meditation, Yoga and don't forget the power of 'CHOCOLATE' again! hee heee...!" This reminds me of something else I'd really like to practice if I could find a teacher: Tai Chi. Absolutely beautiful meditative movement. On a trip in San Fran, a group of us had hiked up to the heights of Grace Cathedral early one Saturday morning. There on the grounds surrounding the cathedral were clusters of practitioners of Tai Chi, taking their morning exercise/meditation. These totally self-absorbed performers were moving in the most graceful ways I've ever seen. Soon one small group began a procession along a sidewalk around the square in front of the church. We noticed that a few people joined in as they passed by, so very quietly another friend and I stepped in line behind, observed their quiet gestures and pace, and began to move along with them. In the words of the Mastercard ad: Priceless. This is my most personal memory of that great city. Also, in front of the Cathedral to the side of the doors is a great Labyrinth. We walked that too and I carry the grace of that experience with me too. So, I guess quiet meditative activity is also a component of the essential I of who I am. Anyone else out here practicing Yoga or Tai Chi who could bring this along to a rally, for some quiet moments early morning moments among the day's hilarious? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #109
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I love yoga (but don't do it enough...somehow life gets in the way) and I agree about Tai Chi. It's gentle and fun and if you can let yourself go with it, it really is beautiful. I'm not sure I could teach it, but we could all fake it together. I can see us all with red polka dot bandanas, silver glistening in the background, doing Tai Chi...
Old 01-31-2007, 10:10 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Tai Chi...Yes! I took a ten week course for $350 while I was living in New York, and yup...real cool...more than real cool...One thing tho that I learned...there's like about 36 or more moves to learn to get thru the process and I learned only 12 in the 10 week course...so expect to learn it very slowly and be prepared to spend some big bucks to take lots of classes.
Geeee....I would really like to do it, it was alot of fun...and so cool when done in a group...especially if with complete strangers like in San Francisco at a park! Think Electric Slide X 10.....
More popcorn please!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:15 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes I am up for trying that! It looks so wonderful. I think that is one reason we all have our Airstreams to get out of the hectic rush of daily life. Then a nice hike and some down time for journaling or picture taking or painting then back here at the fire tomorrow night.

Sharon the theme is looking like it is falling right into place, lookin good.

I am really enjoying getting to know you all the better. Great thread Jamie!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Here's hangin with the Sistas.....Cheers and see you all tomorrow - someone don't forget to toss a log or two on the fire...and if you are looking for chocolate I've stocked up the fridge...