Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #953
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It's January 4th-6th. I went last time and it is a very nice park. There is a WBCCI caravan to the keys in February and the Florida State Rally in February too and that's a nice rally in Sarasota. Lots to do and there are Airstream parks down there too. Sure beats Michigan weather in January.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #954
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
yea, no kidding, well, i might be able to do it, but im not sure how the driving up here at that time will be, normally its kinda rough!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #955
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Sue -- This sounds great -- easy, fun, tasty -- all the requirements of great campfire food! Would love to hear any more ideas like this one. Thanks for sharing it!!

-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Yup! Fall is in the AIR!! It's 60* as I make ready to hit the hay. I happen to think of another tastey campfire treat popular with my girls when they were little. You take biscuits from a tube, cut them in 1/2's or 1/4's, flatten slightly, and wrap them around the tines of a marshmallow stick. After they are baked & lightly browned, remove from the stick, dunk in melted butter/marg. and roll in cinnamon & sugar mixture. Yummy! (A small table top grill works great and may be safer for younger children)

sue
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #956
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hi Lou -- Sorry to hear about the rough days you're having now. Your father is lucky to have you there for him, and I know you're doing your best. I'll be thinking of you, and I hope that you can enjoy some peaceful fall scenery too along the way.

-Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Wish you were all gathered around the campfire in my backyard. I am stressed and having the sisterhood in my "hood" would really be welcomed right about now. Had to put my dad into the hospital in Cleveland for evaluation. From there I will be finding a nursing home for his care. He has had a really rough time. Making these decisions for them is terribly hard.
Hope that all of my silver sisters are doing much better than that in this nice Fall weather!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #957
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Lou

Hi Lou,

The verry best wishes for your dad and a lot of support to you for all that you do for him..it is a very difficult situation to be going through...after my dad had had a 5 way bypass, a mitral valve repair, and pig valve replacement, my mom and I had to have him stay at a nursing home for recovery..he did not like it one bit..your being there for him is pure gold to him..paula
Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #958
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Lou,

The verry best wishes for your dad and a lot of support to you for all that you do for him..it is a very difficult situation to be going through...after my dad had had a 5 way bypass, a mitral valve repair, and pig valve replacement, my mom and I had to have him stay at a nursing home for recovery..he did not like it one bit..your being there for him is pure gold to him..paula
So many of us are now caring for those who brought us to this place in our lives. Our thoughts are with you Lou, and, as Paula says, your presence and caring are beyond value. Just remember to take time for yourself, even if it means just sitting in your silver cocoon and dreaming about towing it to sunnier climes--and times!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #959
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
I'm so sorry to hear of your trials Lou. I know from personal experience this is not an easy time for you and Larry. Don't forget this is a virtual campfire - all you need to do is look around. See, all your Silver Sisters are right here for you.

Take care Lou and know you are in our thoughts,

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #960
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Thanks, Sisters!

Thanks to all of my Silver Sisters for the moral support. It is a good time to have all of your thoughts and prayers. My dad is doing ok in the nursing home, but he thinks he is going to get to go home, and he is not. My mom can no longer care for him and his care is physically exhausting for Larry and I. We have difficulty lifting him and bathing him etc. So he is stuck. We have been going to see him 3-4 times a week and making sure that his care is ok. Hard to be there all the time. Maybe he will get used to it. The northern Ohio bunch got together for a little mini-rally down by Columbus and Larry packed up the trailer and we went! That was great! We really needed the time to ourselves. Thanks to my daughter, Loren, watching over my mom, we were able to leave on Fri. and we got back this evening. Wow! The leaves are beautiful now!!! By next weekend they will be mostly down! How are the fall leaves where the rest of you are sitting by the fire???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #961
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Lou, we're getting glimpses of Fall here in Sacramento..leaves turning shades of yellows, golds, reds, oranges..and cooler weather too at nite..glad you were able to get away for a little while!..best wishes to you and your family..hang in there!!..paula
Old 10-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #962
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Lou and Larry - you know we have you in our thoughts - and as time goes on things will settle a bit for you and your Father - he will get accustom to new surroundings and start to feel more comfortable.

You and Larry will have a chance to have some well deserved time together - like the Northern Ohio Rally...!!

Leaves are in last stage yellow here now - they went really quick once we had some single digit temps - high winds the last two days have helped drop them quicker too. The Colours were brilliant this year - but short...

First two were about 2-3 weeks ago and the last two just this Thursday and today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0235.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	47794

Name:	100_0304.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	47795

Name:	100_0397.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	47796

Name:	100_0415.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	47797
Old 10-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #963
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
hi Sharon, gorgeous fall pix!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #964
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Pretty pictures

Hi Sharon! Nice Fall shots! I did not take any of the Dillon State Park but it was gorgeous there. Lots of red and bright orange. I was sitting around the fire and wondering how Peter is doing. Is he still on the mend? And how about your mom? We had a great weekend. And we are hoping to get in one more before we have to winterize!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 AM   #965
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hi, Lou. We haven't met except around this campfire, but it gives out marvelous warmth when the weather or life gets rough. Best wishes for your family and you; the nursing home decision must be one of the hardest to make, and I dread it looking ahead, concerning my mother who is 89. Seeing how you strong ladies deal with life's hard times gives me strength in return. I just pitched another log on the fire to brighten the day. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #966
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Lou,

Just a quick follow up to our visit at Dillon. When we put my mother in a nursing home here in Ohio (she's lived her entire live in Michigan) she wasn't at all happy about it. Because of her dementia, she thinks (she knows she needs to be home to fix dinner for the hired hands in the apple orchard) and she's constantly calllin me to take her home or to have her brother pick her up and take her home (he's been dead for years). She has now been in the nursing home for nearly a year and no longer thinks about going home - we never thought she'd ever reach this point. But she has, and now we stop by to visit with her and it is simply a pleasant visit. She's not fighting to go home as she did constantly. Mom will celebrate her 97th year on her next birthday - and she still takes nothing stronger than an aspirin. She's strong as a horse. We need to talk about our parents more often - to understand what each other are going through and to remind ourselves that we aren't alone in this struggle. Unfortunately, noone tells us or prepares us for this stuggle - it just happens.

We'll talk again...........again, thank you for the lovely visit at Dillon.

Becky (and Reed)