Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #939
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
There is also a Wendy the Welder, we could always have that as a theme as well, dont know how much you could find on her though.

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 AM   #940
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
I love the Rosie Theme...it is all about pulling it up and getting it done no matter what fears or anxiety you are facing....but the best thing it was women who grouped together like no other can... The support factor is beyond the other (not to be-little) just on a different scope...hmmm without the ego and pride factor - perhaps

My Mom was not so involved in the War efforts - and remembered her days of the war being frightened and shuffled into the air raid shelters of London England. She distinctly remembered the nurses tending to all the children. And went on to become an RN and practised all her life in the efforts of those in need of care **** and later specialized in those children who were not so fortunate to have been born "perfect".......................

There is just a bond between Mothers and Daughters - however distant it is there and always will be........."Women"
******A very special woman indeed. Not envolved in the war effort, but because of what she saw and endured during that time, was inspired to care for others. I hope to meet her one day.

I agree Sharon. It's about the "can do" part and bonding together for support, understanding, and encouragement. Yes, there's a bond between mothers and daughters (usually) and sisters also --- no matter how or when you get them or where they come from. Sometimes God gives sisters to you ........ the other sisters you choose. In fact, I've acquired some in the last year and they're just great!!! I've gone a lot of years without any.

suz

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #941
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hellooooooo - is there anyone out there?????? - wher'd all da people goiiiooo....

Helga, luciiieeey anyone????

too hot for fire - no food in the fridge, trailer not ready to make the big travels YET! And only have enough for one more hot chocolate and Mint Baily's so I'm not sharing......

But if anyone would like to share a helping hand I could surely use them in getting my little escape pod ready for the big trip this winter...

Anyone else heading south for part of the winter??? if so whereya headed
Old 09-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #942
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Laura I never heard of Wendy Welder before. Another great role model! Thanks for telling us about her. So now we have choices. And we won't even need a wardrobe change, got that bandana handy?
ABOUT WENDY
Size: Approximately 10 ft. high, 5 ft. wide
Weight: Never ask a woman how much she weighs!
Location: Columbia Waterfront Trail, one-mile east of the I-5 bridge.
Cost: $70,000
Artists: Women Who Weld
Sponsors: City of Vancouver & Vancouver National Historic Reserve Trust

The stainless steel sculpture is shown in work clothes proudly donning a red glass polka dot scarf. She is seen stepping from the home to the industrial work world and into the future, crossing the dam that powered the shipyards. Wendy is surrounded by other local symbols of the era which help celebrate the spirit and legacy of the women of WWII.
Wendy was designed by and is being created by a group of local artists known as Women Who Weld.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wendy.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	45845   Click image for larger version

Name:	womenwhoweld.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	45846  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #943
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
It's about the "can do" part and bonding together for support, understanding, and encouragement. Yes, there's a bond between mothers and daughters (usually) and sisters also --- no matter how or when you get them or where they come from. Sometimes God gives sisters to you ........ the other sisters you choose. In fact, I've acquired some in the last year and they're just great!!! I've gone a lot of years without any.

suz
Suz you said that so nicely. I agree. Girl Power all my new sisters!

photography
Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #944
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Hellooooooo - is there anyone out there?????? - wher'd all da people goiiiooo....

Helga, luciiieeey anyone????

too hot for fire - no food in the fridge, trailer not ready to make the big travels YET! And only have enough for one more hot chocolate and Mint Baily's so I'm not sharing......

But if anyone would like to share a helping hand I could surely use them in getting my little escape pod ready for the big trip this winter...

Anyone else heading south for part of the winter??? if so whereya headed
No body here but us chickens. Work, you looking for migrant workers? Hmmm, well that is an interesting idea. Kind of a combined working workshop/rally.

Who's heading South for the winter? Brad and I are going to Santa Rosa Beach Florida for the forums Can Opener 08 at Topsails.

photography
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 PM   #945
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Kind of a combined working workshop/rally.

Who's heading South for the winter? Brad and I are going to Santa Rosa Beach Florida for the forums Can Opener 08 at Topsails.
Hey now there is an idea - you bring your tool boxes and I will put you all to work - I know You can fix water heaters and vickie fixes fans - so I am all set in that area - now if there is someone that could take over for Peter and get the cabinets made, the plumbing all done and install the AC I will be ready to go and will see you in Santa Rosa!!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #946
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
National Geographic picture of flamingoes

Brad just pointed out a great shot of a flock of flamingos that was in the October issue of NG. Pay attention to the shape of the group! Very cool picture. Should be in the Inquirer or the Globe, ...almost unbelievable. Hi-Res wallpaper available for download on their site too. It is much better viewed large. Click for larger.

How is your autumn going gals? Time to bring out that firewood again and have a nice chat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flamingo2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	769.6 KB
ID:	46224  

photography
Old 09-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #947
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol,

A verrryy cool pic!!!..thnx for sharing!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #948
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
How is your autumn going gals? Time to bring out that firewood again and have a nice chat.
Wish you were all gathered around the campfire in my backyard. I am stressed and having the sisterhood in my "hood" would really be welcomed right about now. Had to put my dad into the hospital in Cleveland for evaluation. From there I will be finding a nursing home for his care. He has had a really rough time. Making these decisions for them is terribly hard.
Hope that all of my silver sisters are doing much better than that in this nice Fall weather!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #949
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Here's a hug Lou! I'm so sorry. I know you and Larry and your family did/and are doing your best by your dad, above and beyond what many could/would do in the same situation. Feel supported!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #950
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
i want to go to FL!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #951
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura that would be a hoot if you could go to Topsails in January. There's a pool... And that goes for you too Steph, aka the other other mermaid.

Lou I am so sorry that your father is having such a rough time. You and Larry have been there for him and your mom and I know they have had the best care you two could give. It must be a very difficult time for you. Wish we were all there now at your campfire. Maybe we can all get this fire blazing and share in good cheer and friendship together.

photography
Old 09-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #952
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
when is the topsails, i could try to go, but i might have to be a tag along with someone if i cant drive myself down. Depends on when the dates are. But pools are cool, love to go swimming at night!