Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #1281
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Come see us in Mackinac Nancy!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #1282
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
I am out of the loop - when are you going to be in Mackinac?
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:10 AM   #1283
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
We are looking at the 2nd Weekend in Sept.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 AM   #1284
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Nancy. Glad to hear from you. How are you two doing with that nice new Airstream of yours, traveling all over I see from your post and blog. Nice pictures. I especially liked seeing the burrows and the flags at Mount Rushmore, and your self portrait was very cool!

So your electicity is out? We wondered what happened at Wal-Mart to have the street closed off and Brad said he heard someone say a bad time for a fire on the phone. Your personal blog had all the breaking story details. Privileged and your Irises another favorite. We have shingles off with all that heavy wind, gusts to 60 mph according to Brad's weather station mounted on the roof, and Brad is off to buy nails this morning to repair it.

Thanks for the congrats, I have only to wait for the call and away I go.

Your trip at Easter sounds great!

I am in dire need of a fix of Silver Sisters or rivettes long before September so I hope we get together or have a spring rally. I hope, I hope, I hope. Gotta be some ladies with coats out there.

How about you Southern and Western sisters, the weather is not stopping you is it? What have you been doing or have planned?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #1285
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Gettin' our silver on!

Hi Carol, and all the other Silver Sisters out there -

Yippee! I love this time of year when everyone starts itching to get in their silver time capsules and launch themselves into the great outdoors!

Your Western sisters are hard at work planning their March rally. I do so wish we could someday 'meet in the middle' for a grand ladies rally. I can see it now, caravans of Rosie Riveters from all corners of the US. Wally would be proud!

Sending Silver xxoo's ,
Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #1286
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Meredith your Lake Casitas rally is looking like a lot of fun and that menu is impressive, worth the trip across country just for that, but I am dying to meet you all some day. Let's do that Grand-D-AM(e) Rally of the West and the East one day. Until then I have a secret confession to make and that is that I played California Dreaming several times on the way home from Florida through the snow and cold of Ohio and Michigan. We have not made it South West enough to California and that will just have to change!

Have a rip roaring time and know we are wishing we could be there. I like you watercolor of the Airstream. What a wonderful painting to have.

Silver xxoo's right back at you gals and don't forget to tempt us with your pictures and adventures. We'll be watching for them.

photography
Old 02-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #1287
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr
Hi Carol, and all the other Silver Sisters out there -

Yippee! I love this time of year when everyone starts itching to get in their silver time capsules and launch themselves into the great outdoors!

Your Western sisters are hard at work planning their March rally. I do so wish we could someday 'meet in the middle' for a grand ladies rally. I can see it now, caravans of Rosie Riveters from all corners of the US. Wally would be proud!

Sending Silver xxoo's ,
Actually, Wally would probably doodie his drawers That was a really different era if you know what I mean....and there's still carry over today.

Meeting in the Middle would sure be fun wouldn't it! Keep us posted on your plans.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #1288
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
i am so pleasd to be apart of this thread. Lucky to find you all. As a reminder , i am lookng for my forst Airsteam. I am divorced and wil be traveling alone with my dog so I will be needing your support and ideas. I have so many questions! I am not going to be realy lose and ready to travel until i Install my daughter in College next August but there is alot to do to get ready for that . i am looking for a 200-2005 ish international 19-23 feet if you know of one.... and do you think that i will be able to hook and unhook it by myself? Thanks girls for being there.
Jane mason
quantumair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #1289
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Jane! You sure can hook and unhook it, guaranteed. It will be a busy time for you finding an Airstream and sending your daughter off, looks like excitement ahead on all fronts. Good for you.

Paula (foiled again) mentioned that she was interested in selling her 22' CCD International and I think it is a 2004 or 2005, I believe. Give her a pm and see whther she sold it or got so re-enamoured with it that she has decided to keep that one too.

We sure are pleased to have you here. You surely won't be lacking for information or support from this great group.

photography
Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #1290
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I'm Baaaaackkk - alive and well and survived almost 2 weeks without DSL - but very frustrating so I have avoided any additional undue stress - by playing on the forums too much.

So lets try and catch up.....

Jane - you will have no problem whatsoever hooking up your trailer. And you will find there is always someone out there willing to help. Will keep my eyes peeled. But a hint - so many people have found a great deal "just around the corner" - so take a drive around and look in all your local papers and RV dealer sites - you would be surprised what shows up in the last place you would think. Even used car lots - people trade all sort of things in for different things - and it will be like most things in life - being at the right place at the right time.

Nancy Love your Blog!!! and hey were you in my garden when you took your Blue Flag - I have an identical one

So many of us here love the gardens and are all camera buffs - oh yes love the Airstream and travel aspects too

What a talent pool....Sounds like an interesting book to me - what do ya say?

Hey Steph how about those Red Wings!!! don't tell Peter though

Carol - the count down is on - you must be at the edge of your seat by now - you will be sure to keep us all posted on Marlo's pending new baby.

As for weather - what you get we get eventually in the east - but usually packs a bit of snow with the wind. Same winds gave us a scare with some of big trees here swaying like sand cherries. Only one came down but not close to the house or any out buildings... I just have to hold my breath with the high winds that no branches break and land on the airstreams or a tree heaven forbid land on them.

Had the big snow storm yesterday which resulted in another 10 inches. Bad year for whiping out - did it again yesterday - ice under the snow. Wrenched my the shoulder that just took 6 weeks to heal Ribs on the opposite side are pretty soar too. Was expecting it to be a lot worse today - must have been the few pounds I packed on last month in prep to survive the killer month of February a few pills and some heat and I should be as good as new by mid next week.

The fight with the adjacent waterfront properties continues - we have waited out the 20 day appeal period and of course on the last day they submit their appeal. It is just so disheartening - but as we have come to say - "we will never surrender" We are not asking for anything out of the ordinary - the house is smaller than all of the cottages in the area. They just do not want to loose a vacant lot between them - so I guess they should have bought it themselves. But now they are playing dirty and have dragged Peters employment into the battle. So we will go one more step and then we are just going to build - and turn a deaf ear to all - so they will have to bring in the big artilery to stop us.

We are all good here - Mom is doing fabulous and has turned the corner on her Dialysis. She has so much energy but has to watch that she does not tire herself out - she feels like doing so much - but not having been well for almost 2 years now is a big shock to her system.

Dad however is putting his feet up he has had quite a year of stress and moving the wear and tear is showing a bit. So I have stepped in to help as much as I can with cleaning, driving and doing some extra meals for them to. Just a little bit for now until we get them closer - we are still a 45 minute drive away.

Peter is great too - and the LadyBug has a leak in the AC and now with the shroud missing - we will need to build that new garage really quick....starting that big project next week I hope or the following week - at least we don't have to contend with neighbours at our main house....

Well this is long and I am sure I have missed something - but hi all and look at those western Silver Sisters Go - come on you Easterners - lets get moving on an Eastern Rally.....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #1291
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey I just noticed your Avatar Carol - IS THAT YOU AND YOUR TEDDY BEAR?????

You are so so so cute and what is that a Smokey Bear or something?
Old 02-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #1292
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Yes Jane the 23 International is a nice little set up. The only issue I did not like is the desk in the back - but for people traveling and working or have hobbies it is great - but I would just use the dinette to work on. I checked it out and it would be an easy retrofit for a nice little L-couch - since that is the one thing missing somewhere just to lounge without being in the bed or sitting up right at the dinette.

But it is spacy - and has its own bedroom - wet bath - losts of space and nicely appointed galley too.

All models have some quirky aspect to them - but it is all what you like really. Be sure to look at the 03 and up - they have the enclosed and insulated underbellie. And for price - the 00 and 03 are not much apart so you would get some extra features and newer appliances with the 03 and up. But for the money - the new Sport Models are well worth a look.

And if you buy that Canadian Model - they come standard with the higher capacity axle - we have a different vehicle code up here that trys to avoid unsafe overloading of axles - (but we still pull with smaller vehicles tee hee)
Old 02-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #1293
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
what great info--- i kinda like the desk so i can leave my computer set up and all my papers and then have the table to do what like to-- but i have so much paper work that the deask may e too small what do you think about that? is it too small? so canadian axles are better and more stable do you think?
quantumair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #1294
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumair
what great info--- i kinda like the desk so i can leave my computer set up and all my papers and then have the table to do what like to-- but i have so much paper work that the deask may e too small what do you think about that? is it too small? so canadian axles are better and more stable do you think?
No not better - the same unit for Canada comes with a higher capacity axle - made by same company - but higher capacity.

i.e 3500# - upgraded to 4000# on the 22' - and 2300# upgraded to 3500# on the 17'

As for papers - well paper reminds me of work - so I just use a laptop and only print what I absolutely have to.

The more desk space one has the more paper one spreads out and then ultimately the more tidying up you have when you move the trailer

So if it is just I using the table then a few papers and a laptop I could share my dinner with no problem - but I must have a place that I can just sit and relax to listen to music or read a book without getting horrizontal - cause then I would just fall asleep and then I would wake up and half my life would have disappeared
Old 02-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #1295
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Sharon, hows the internet treating you?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #1296
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just back on line girly - but flying out the door for the Birthday dinner with the parents and hubby....

But just in for you tow'ers - As some may know I tow a little 19' single axle. i can whip that puppy around our bendy driveway no problem.
....Well we have our garage contents in a tandem 23 box cargo trailer - I am waiting on heading out and I see the Hubby - hooked up to this thing and wanting to back it around our sharp bend and up by the house about 350' total - He ain't getting nowhere girls - so I had to step in.... and take over - he said it was cause he had to eat something - hmm sure it was (although it was) - 2.5 so he was hypo on the blood level and was not thinking straight or driving straight

Observations - a single axle is so much easier in tight spaces to maneuver - you may have the security on the road with the concept of getting a flat - but heck I think you back in and maneuver a lot more than you would getting a flat tee hee- I will take a single axle over a tandem for backing up anyday - but I can do the tandem too - with alot more patience than the hubby can And that is my boast for the day
Old 02-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #1297
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
I have a 17ft, think about that, it follows me where ever!

Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #1298
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Sharon have a great day! And yes my Smokey but no not me, tee hee, but could have been, same spittin' image...almost.

Jane some people store boxes under the desk. But here are some pictures of the 22' CCD of that floorplan with the desk if that helps you get a better idea. One thing to consider is that you cannot open the window next to the door and leave the door open at the same time. It will be a choice of screen door or open window in that model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75447193_4.JPEG
Views:	86
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	53577   Click image for larger version

Name:	75447193_3.JPEG
Views:	117
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	53578  

Name:	75447193_1.JPEG
Views:	101
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	53579   Click image for larger version

Name:	75560226_6.JPEG
Views:	103
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	53580  

Name:	75447193_9.JPEG
Views:	95
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	53581   Click image for larger version

Name:	75447193_8.JPEG
Views:	302
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	53582  

Name:	75447193_5.JPEG
Views:	89
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	53583   Click image for larger version

Name:	75447193_7.JPEG
Views:	88
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	53584  

photography
Old 02-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #1299

Unhappy Oregonjan

I'm soooooo new and overwhelmed right now, but am heartened by your honesty and am smiling at your humorous responses. I can't back up a trailer either so my solution was to buy a sad, old, really really short Argosy motorhome.... (As I tally up what needs to be done I'm wondering who has more loose rivits...me or The Twinkie.) My "friend" who'se mechanical support lasted about a week, bailed on me so I'm on my own with Twinkie's problems. Yesterday I had a luff in my puff (sailor talk for a sloppy flappy wobbly sail) but today I've trimmed my sails, altered my headings some.....and am hitting the forums with gusto. My motivation? When I was newly married we backpacked, then we tented it, then we trailered it and then we divorced and ever since I've missed the smell of trees and the sound of birds at first light as the forest wakes and the taste of that first cup of coffee standing around a hot fire....while watching the wild and scenic river flow by. Hiking the river trails with my fly fishing rod in the morning, reading a good book or napping during the heat of the day was such a luxury, not to mention making new friends, pot lucks and laughter shared around an evening camp fire with friends. I've been divorced for decades and am content. I no longer have parents to care for and its time to take my life back.. At some point when I have more confidence in me and that the Twinkie will make it from point A to point B and back and that it no longer leaks like a sieve when it sits under 6" of snow, I hope to lock up the house and hit the road with my "girls" (the female feline fur balls) ...Sooty and Kamakazi Kitty...but that's my goal and I reserve the right to change that at any time......so I"ll get her dried out, do some calking on her top side and.....hmmmm then perhaps I should start with an oil change. please be patient "....for I know not what I do"
hjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #1300
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, Hjan, and welcome both to the forum and to our unique Silver Sisters Virtual Rally. You'll have to cozy up to the fire here with the rest of us, enjoy a hot beverage of choice, and join in the Airstream dreaming that we share. As you can see from the posts above, we are busy and diverse, but we share so many interests that we keep returning to throw another log on the fire and maybe pass around a plate of whatever that we happened to bake today! You must be excited to have your Argosy MH, your traveling kitties, and a vision in your head of where you want to go. Best wishes as your work to get your Argosy road ready, and we hope to meet you on the road as well as around our campfire here! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote