Old 08-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #855
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Did you go and get more chocolate blizzards and carolinas????

I don't mind the fun drinks - but only after a day of doing something you can say to your self - I really enjoyed that! - and experienced something you have not in the past......

I can at least now say that I have experienced an LPPI and shared some of the experience very vividly with others - to bad for them but don't invite me if you don't want all of me I say

Now onto my task - I have to convince the hubby, break it to the parents without putting them in their grave ahead of time - that I would like to learn how to ride a motor cycle...with the new laws here I have to go for the full monty - no moped stuff here anymore - there is an LS license but you may as well go for the full one now it is almost as much and just as much time in class....

Once done I will need to go on the hunt for a bike - do all my research and do a lot of stradling testing seats that is girls - get your minds out of the gutter!!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #856
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Myself, I have always wanted to try a pick up truck.
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #857
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Thanks to Donna, dieterdog, on the forums, and my friend in MT..she sent me to WalMart looking for a neato sleep shirt! It is perfect for an AS sleep over! They were on the sales rack and I got the last one in the Elyria store! A great lime green color for the background, and little tiny pink flamingos and palm trees stitched on it. Very cute! Thought you all would like to see it.
Now Lou where was that nitie on Saturday night?????
I could have used some support girl....I am sure if my nitie had palm trees and flamingos (aka pelicans) it would have been a different night for me...
Old 08-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #858
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Myself, I have always wanted to try a pick up truck.
that is not a pick up that is a "Monster" truck

don't think I could ride along side that at the track - that means I would have to look at the endura motor cross type bikes -

went on one of them once - took off in a parking lot full throttle (did not know anybetter) and popped it up on the back wheel and stayed that way until I cut the gas - never been on one since....I think my stomach and life was still back at that parking lot....but then I got the ride on my friends boyfriends big Goldwing bike - that was nice.....but too big for me - so I want the low riders like in the Wild Hog movie....the Harley Fatboy appeals to me....but know nothing of them so I might be just talking through a big fat hole in my head - but I will know lots more before the snow flyes...
Old 08-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #859
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
umm........wow, thats all I have to say about that!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #860
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Now Lou where was that nitie on Saturday night?????
I could have used some support girl....I am sure if my nitie had palm trees and flamingos (aka pelicans) it would have been a different night for me...
Hmmmmm.....I had mine on every night that we were camped.....Larrita wouldn't let me out in public with it tho! We are very much more modest in mixed company!
Pelicans???? LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #861
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Sharon kept calling the flamingo's, Pelicans, dont ask me why, but it cracked me up so hard on Saturday night when she was in her nighty and was calling Andy's blowup Flamingos, Pelicans, it was great.

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #862
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
SHaron kept calling the flamingo's, Pelicans, dont ask me why, but it cracked me up so hard on Saturday night when she was in her nighty and was calling Andy;'s blowup Flamingos, Pelicans, it was great.
Okay lets see - why are they pelicans - specifially Andy's only - a wind kicked up and them two "Pelicans" went hay wire - and I just know that Flamingos are much daintier birds but pelicans are just big clutzes - so that is why they became pelicans - I was missin someone and fornicating flamingos just did not have a nice ring to it but FP's did......

Hope I don't get any bad karma for this post just the facts of life girl....the Canadian Ice could have also had something to do with it
Old 08-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #863
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Hey girls, spreading my wings a bit and exploring other threads on Forums. I like this thread, its a great idea. I just asked my husband if the next time we take off with the Safari if I can tow it! With practice of course. But I watch/help him get hooked up when we take it places so I know how to do all that (I actually tell him what to do for he forgets go figure). My biggest challenge...Backing up!

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Silvertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #864
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwin
Hey girls, spreading my wings a bit and exploring other threads on Forums. I like this thread, its a great idea. I just asked my husband if the next time we take off with the Safari if I can tow it! With practice of course. But I watch/help him get hooked up when we take it places so I know how to do all that (I actually tell him what to do for he forgets go figure). My biggest challenge...Backing up!
Hey welcome Holy.....

You know it girl you can do what ever you put your mind to and don't let anyone tell you different.....

We all have the backing up phobia - but I know someone here that can help with that - Carol....

When in doubt - check it out by getting out....no one is counting except those who have nothing better to do with their time.... and if all else fails and you are just not happy or just can not get it they way you want it - pull out take a circle around the block and come back with a fresh outlook or from a different approach....

Heck I have a little single axle - and I have to take 100 times sometimes just to land a tire on the the blocks we have on the driveway...but you know what - I don't care about anyone else and what they think of how I park or trailer my baby....cause I CAN TOW IT!!! and so can you!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #865
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Thanks Sharon,

I know that there is a ton of support for each other! And if I could count on pull-in sites at every campground, no problem but thats not the case so I will have to practice backing up. It shouldn't be hard but I have never done it so practice makes perfect (or as close to perfect as I can do). Thanks! WE ROCK!

By the way when is the next rally?

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Silvertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #866
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwin
.......By the way when is the next rally?
Not sure yet....there are a lot of ideas been tossed around here and there but nothing firmed up as yet....

I was just thinking even a bit of a small Caravan would be cool too - to get as much towing experience in as a group as possible - what ever the group may be at that particular time.....

I think some here were thinking of trying to get another one in late September or October - just before the snow flys for many of us northerners....
Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #867
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Holly, love your avatar! You tow girl. Don't go by me for backing up, there are times I have gotten it lined up the first time and then there are times like the Louapalooza when I couldn't get it right no matter what. LOL!

A caravan would be cool. And maybe Lou and the girls will have the banners and flags ready too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #868
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Wow look what I missed last night!

Hey sisters!!

Last night I was up on a ladder using a hot iron and a wet towel to steam and then pull the decals off the trailer (they were peeling off) so you know what the neighbors were saying about this "peculiar woman" as they powerwalked past I think a few got whiplash couldn't believe their eyes-- 'did I see what I thought I saw'

Well I have permission to share Jamie's fiber art with you so here goes, the first (my photos don't do either justice sorry) is the Airstream dishcloth and the second is the Darrel Waltrip dishcloth... Jamie thanks, you know I did tear up when I got them in the mail, you are so sweet to do this!!

If you were at the MD rally and toured our trailer you saw these on the table with a sign dishcloths by Jamie!! This girl can tow, knit, sew, spin her own yarn, write articles, draw, paint, arrange rocks...the list goes on and on!! I think my talent is to appreciate the talents of others!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jamies airstream dishcloth.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	43043  
Attached Images