Old 01-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Nancy did Steph and I meet you at the Metro Detroit forums rally? Those were your great baked goodies? Well bring some over to our virtual gathering. I think Steph's croissants are about gone with that great spread and jam she brought us. So glad you are joining us here. Another Michigan sister. Funny on my trip South someone mentioned how when someone from Michigan is asked where they live they invariably show you their hand and point to their location. Well at least I do, I know that, don't know why...guess because we can.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
AWWWW stretch yawn rubbing eyes - it is 12:13 and it is time for pancakes with bailys on them instead of syrup

WELCOME uluewne

It is really exciting isn't it with the notion of acquireing your first Airstream -almost as good a eating a whole box of chocolates to yourself

I am looking out the window right now to a lovely snow squal and the temps are down in the negs AGAIN - I have let my fire go out in the house so it is a good thing we still have one going on here..

Okay so we know we can eat chocolate, and we can all drink all sorts of things - including the good drinks that don't include that magical vixen. We know we all own an airstream, love them or dreaming of getting one - sooooo lets pop into our skills - what can we offer the group once we get to the physical rally - from hobbies to picking up a hammer, music, or crafts, sports or meditation - what makes us all tick???

No don't you push me to the front I am not going first......

Old 01-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I can touch my tongue to my nose. Well actually I am fibbing. I just wanted to be first.

I have no mechanical skills so i am in awe of our handywomen and wanting to get a bit more proficient on routine skills applicable for the Airstream and watch these renovation projects much more carefully now.

I do like hand crafts, crochet, cross stitch and quilting and I love photography, hiking and traveling.

Maybe Sharon and Annie will share some boating knowlege and quite a few like Jamie expressed a desire for fly fishing.

I am going to learn so much and be so inspired by you gals.

We have artisits too right? Jamie with nature prints, Nancy in Texas, is it sculpture or rugs, our Airstream jewelry making sister from California, sorry I forgot the name this morning.Steph teaches and has many creative project ideas. Need more caffine, where's the pot?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I'll bring my travel journal--nothing special, except to me. I love the idea of keeping record of where we go, do, eat, see, mess up, what kids, new hubbies, grandkids are along, whatever. I began mine about '86 when we first headed Up North and began our Minnesota camping. I'm not a fanatic about it: some years, the trip is never finished. But, it's a trip itself to curl up on a snowy winter day by the fire, or campfire, and read back through the years. Sometimes I sketch, but I'll need LOTS of Merlot to show that! Maybe some of you journal too--if so, bring yours along and put mine to shame! Okay, who's next?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Okay, I'll go again. Flyfishing! I'm certainly not good, but I've caught wild trout in Montana and Idaho and our "tame" ones here in Missouri, so I can bring my gear and we can try some hands on. Maybe I'll get a video on flyfishing from Bass Pro to bring along too that will give us some tips. Come on, I'll bet some of you are good enough to be the flyfishing gurus we need. ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 01-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I don't mind going second - I can bend over and touch my toes - on a good day but I would make sure you are standing up wind.....

I too love photography and dreaming of my perfect camera one day. Just using a low end digital for the past 4 years - my SLR Nikon FE2 is now considered an antique - It was my 21'st birthday present. Wow that is a coons age ago.

I love to be out doors - gardening although I have not a clue what plant is what I love perennials and watching a garden evolve from an idea into an orchestra of colour, smells and sounds with all the insects and birds they attract.

I love vintage! period - I wish I was a teenager growing up in the 60's but was just too young to appreciate it.

My life was spent in the arena in the winter and on the ball field in the summer and at the piano for the rest of the time. although I can play pretty good - it is all by ear and only for my own listening pleasure - sorry I am not hauling my digital piano out to rallies.

I like to try new things - like guitar - stink at it and did not get passed lesson 4 but bought the guitar on e-bay!!!....like violin which I could be good at but can not afford the lessons or the instrument and it drives the dogs nuts...been the snowmobile route and just hated it - too noisy and stinky - anyone need a full outfit - have two that we wore twice!!! brand new stuff sitting in our basement. At least we sold the sled 2-up 600 GT Skidoo - nice sled they called them the 100 mile an hour couch!

I love to buy other peoples junk to fix up and make our own treasured possessions, from trunks to dressers, to old luggage carts, wood stoves, garden tractors - you name it - oh yes as you can see Airstream Trailers too.

This was my first Tractor - I even jumped into the engine and got it all cleaned up and running - a 1969 MTD specially made for Simpson Sears. The research on the make and serial numbers was almost as fun as Airstreams. And there is a huge following with these babies too - rallies shows you name it I could not believe it - I just wanted a nice tractor to pull my little hog bucket around in the garden. (a before and after shot) Still have her but the engine has had it worked it too hard. And she has some battle wounds from bashing around the yard for 6 years. Just got another newer one last summer - which is scheduled for a face lift as well this spring.

Lastly I LOVE ANIMALS always had dogs - they are my children we never had! I have fish and even bring my pond fish in during the winter. I am about to get a singing canary too....

To sum me up I am a Jill of all trades master of none! - I would simply be bored to death if I had to do the same thing day in and day out....

I love to joke around and be the class clown - I can be serious too and have a huge shoulder to lean on or cry on - but don't ever cross my path on false pretenses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 MTD B:A.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	31629  
Old 01-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
G I love journals - but I never stick to them - always start but then get bogged down - it would be great to see your journal.

Forgot as Carol mentioned - I am an Aquarius so of course I love water. Hence the big shoulders - I was a competitive swimmer in my younger days, then into life guarding and teaching. (tee hee when I had the body for a bikinni ) Now I frighten myself in a bathing suit like the one my Mom used to wear - with the fortified booby cups YIKES.

Peter and I have been pleasure boaters for years and still have our cuddy for weekend cruises.

Love the canoeing and Kayaking too but just kill for a nice long peddle in the paddle boat with the dogs along for the ride.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I see so many shared interests: photography, gardening, dogs, outdoors. . .!
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 01-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Hi Carol,

Yes that was us with the Banana bread at the Detroit rally.

Seems a lot of us like to garden and play with cameras. I would like to journal and plan to try to keep one once we have the TT- hmm maybe I should be starting one now about the process of becoming Airstream owners. However my past efforts at recording visitors to the bird feeders and the progress of the seasons seems to usually bog down - er well just get forgotten.

I guess "nature study" would be my main offering since my original profession was Interpretive Naturalist at an Audubon Nature Center. Still love to just see what is happening in the natural world around me and often carry field guides and binoculars as well as the small digital camera when I go for walks.

About a year and a half ago I went back to my childhood passion of horseback riding. My trainer succeeded in getting the horse and me over a jump TOGETHER, a couple of weeks ago. What a thrill to go back to what I was enjoying as a teen and find I can still ride and get better too in my ummm 6th decade.

I expect I will be learning lots from my new experiences, in new places and with new people that the Airstream will make possible.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #80
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
oops! almost forgot the peanutbutter cookes, banana bread and a big jug of hot chocolate for this virtual rally and camp fire.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #81
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
ohh and who had the Baileys to add to the hot chocolate?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #82
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwene
oops! almost forgot the peanutbutter cookes, banana bread and a big jug of hot chocolate for this virtual rally and camp fire.
YUUUUMMMM i'm thinking I could go for a snack right about now - just set the fire on in the house and sitting having a break - the puppies are all snoring at my feet patiently waiting for 4:00 o'clock - dinner time.

And then a familiar sound these past few days the snow plow in the distance.

Time for a Sherry - Croft is my favorite....
Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #83
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hurry Rivettes!!!! Grab some popcorn - just put in the Long Long Trailer!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sharon... Have one for me also.. I left mine at home in the north... my white wine is nearly gone and that just leaves the red...my least favorite ..

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote