Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #785
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Strawberries anyone?

Neat site and a great cause too Carol! Thanks for sharing it! Love that little fireplace nightlight!!

Just cleaned a bunch of organic strawberries, care for any? I think these would make great daquiris is it too early in the day?

Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #786
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Designing Women

Everybody play. C'mon this is free to use and super easy and FUN! I made a few screenprints of my design. Post your graphic when you are done. Let's see the you that you create!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	designhergals1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	39216   Click image for larger version

Name:	designhergals2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	39217  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:38 PM   #787
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Everybody play. C'mon this is free to use and super easy and FUN! I made a few screenprints of my design. Post your graphic when you are done. Let's see the you that you create!!!!!
Okay, I'm playin'. It's just taking me a while to choose an outfit (so what else is new?) and find the rivet gun accessory. This might take a while.

Steph -- maybe I should have one of those daiquiris while I'm working on this.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #788
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Fireflies and a cooler evening

Hey sisters, hows your week goin'?
The fireflies are out and its cooler now, just sipping some of Sharon and Peter's (GT1963) homebrewed merlot, wow its great!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #789
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Just getting back to the home routine. Got to visit the kids in Illinois last week. Had some of Sharon's white wine when we returned, also very good. Thanks Sharon.

My son took out the boat and we went to Navy Pier in Chicago. It was a glorious day. A perfect celebration of our 37th wedding anniversary. Played with the grandkids at the park and the water park. Saw Transformers...I want to be Optimus Prime, the 18 wheeler, motto: freedom is the right of every being, and the paint job is cool too. Saw the fireworks, had a house party, went to lunches and dinners. Fun time. May I bore you with my family pictures...

Have a shortbread cookie, my daughter sent them along, sorry I already scarfed down the brownies.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PICT0156.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	40991   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0107.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	40992  

Name:	PICT0044.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	40993   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0163.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	40994  

Name:	PICT0022.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	40995   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0019.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	40996  

Name:	PICT0047.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	40997   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0091.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	40998  

Name:	PICT0134.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	40999   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0037.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	41000  

photography
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #790
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Wow Carol great photos, what a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on your anniversary. Looks like it was a super visit!!

Shortbread yummm!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #791
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Carol, Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. A lady bug story: I was wearing an Old Navy Blue Vest while putting wood in our wood stove at the cottage.
(last Fall).

Backed up and touched the Hot Pot Belly stove with my back right side. Quickly....it burned a hole in my vest. Get an applica ...said my friend. Months went by...and I never did shop. My friend, has an office across mine
stopped in yesterday. She asked: Did you ever repair your vest? No I said.
And she handed me a Lady Bug...patch/applica.

Immediately I thought of ....Sharon of course. My vest looks super...and I know the Airstream Sharon and Peter are working on will be beautiful too. Long live the Lady Bug.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #792
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Thanks for the reminder about Sharon's homebrew, Steph. I have a little of that too and I'll be happy to join you. Clink! -- here's to the Silver Sisters.

Carol, those are great pictures and thanks for sharing them. Where is the water park? It looks like you were having a ball! But how can you be celebrating your 37th wedding anniversary? Surely that's a typo.

Thought I'd share a few pics of the lovely spot I got back home in Indiana after I left the Rivettes rally. What a great time camping amidst the cornfields, at the rally and after.

-Jamie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ASinIN.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	41002   Click image for larger version

Name:	camera 236.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	41003  

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #793
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Steph and Aria. I don't carry pictures in my wallet, actually I don't have a wallet, but I sure do like to post our good times together. We don't get together nearly enough to suit me.

A wood fire at the cottage sounds like a perfect haven, Aria. What a nice story and a nice friend to have to look after you so kindly. That's also a great tip. I never thought of covering a hole or stain but it would make it better than new.

How do you keep cool these summer days and nights? I bet Steph was sitting on her lovely porch watching the fire flies.

Jamie that is a wonderful place for an Airstream!!! I bet you hated pulling up stakes and having to go back home.

photography
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #794
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Jamie that is a wonderful place for an Airstream!!! I bet you hated pulling up stakes and having to go back home.
It sure was! You can't tell in the picture, but we even had an electric hookup at that site. There was a plug on the fence right by the trailer. I could have stayed right there under that shade tree all summer...

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #795
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, sisters! How on earth can we be seeking cool places and summery drinks when just a blink ago, we were shivering around campfires and adding Bailey's to hot coffee?? Some of you have had grand adventures during that blink. Here's to all you Rivettes who proved you could tow it! Carol, I agree, what a beautiful family and such a fun anniversary celebration. From your Rivettes thread, it sounds like you have another exciting Canadian-New England rally in the making. What have I been doing during this "blink?" I'm deep into my garden which somehow, through drought and flood, is growing like Jack's giant bean. I'm picking zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, and green beans daily, keeping some and gifting others. Tomatoes are weighting down their bushes, corn is in the silk, and would you believe we are leaving on vacation Sunday for 2 weeks? I surely do hope neighbors and relatives come pick while we are away. Gypsy is polished and champing at the bit to be underway, as are we. We're heading west to Montana and the Yellowstone, just south of Livingston. We hope to do lots of day trips in the mountains, fly fishing in the streams, and most of all, lazying in camp. Steve chooses not to go along on our trips, too much change from his routine, so we are trusting him to good self management and lots of checking in on by brothers and sisters and nephews. He'll be chief "farmer" here, watering, corralling the livestock (keeping cats and dogs fed and put in and out of the house at their favorite times), fishing, and spending time on computer. I'll try posting some pics on our return. How did you know that shortbread is a favorite of mine? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #796
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
G. I just somehow knew intuitively right when my daughter handed me the can, Georgia loves shortbread, I'll bring it over to the online rally.

I give you lots of credit for having such a green thumb. I would love to see your vegetable garden. Not only have I never had one but I have only seen a very few tiny spots with tomatoes or peppers. If I were closer I'd be picking in your garden! Yellowstone country is our absolute favorite, mountains and streams and all the animals. Someday Brad wants to get a scope and watch for the wolves. You must have lots of packing to do for the extended trip. Will you have many stops along the way or do you play that by ear? Yes please bring back those wonderful sights and tell us all about your adventures.

photography
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #797
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Gals,,, Montana is rather warm now,, evenings cool,, in the fifties,,, great weather for camping, fishing and sleeping,,, heading to friends home in the woods soon for a bit of visiting and wetting the line,,, have fun,,, donna
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #798
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Donna, your evenings sound perfect. Have fun on your trip and hope you catch some big ones. It sure has become the popular choice of activity. I think we should all become outdoor women. I know there are programs from the parks that will even teach the skills for green horns like me and my city girl background. You go girl!!! Are you taking the Airstream?

photography