Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #1101
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Airstream ornament

Here's my ornament. Apologies (as usual) for the bad photography. I hope you can at least get an idea of what it looks like. -J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6756.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	50116  
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #1102
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Cute!!! I have one that says "Home is where you Hook Up" My dad got it for me last year at the Christmas in July Rally we had, super cool stuff.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #1103
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow - everyone has such neat Airstream collectables...I have collected everything but airstream - except in the full life version -

Jamie that is a very nice ornament - and the picture is perfect - it was just the trailer itching to get hooked up and on its way

We are thinking of heading out into the bush for the annual tree cutting This weekend.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #1104
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
About trees, I read this week that cutting a fresh tree is the "greenest" way to go at Christmas, followed by good use of the dry tree after the holiday (example: recycle or use as fish bed in pond). That caught me by surprise, but they are a sustainable harvest, per the story. The article stated that artificial trees are mostly made of pvc: problems with that. It went on to say that fresh balled trees for later planting too often don't survive the dry in the house or the planting in frozen ground (if frozen fits your locale!). I may leave our boxed tree in its box this year and try the messy-needled locally cut tree again--always beautiful, but to trying at clean up time. A little one to put up high to protect it AND our year old granddaughter. No ten foot tall tree standing on the floor for her to "climb" this year! What a difference a grandbaby brings...are you ready, Carol? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #1105
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
About trees, I read this week that cutting a fresh tree is the "greenest" way to go at Christmas, followed by good use of the dry tree after the holiday (example: recycle or use as fish bed in pond). That caught me by surprise, but they are a sustainable harvest, per the story. The article stated that artificial trees are mostly made of pvc: problems with that. ~G
G - I've heard that too and it sounds right to me. I always preferred a live tree anyway. Sadly, we've had an artificial tree for the past 10 years and it came down to the cost. When we were living in the DC area, the cost of a live Christmas tree was way outta whack compared to any other place I'd lived. I just got tired of putting out that much money for such a short-lived decoration. The prices in the Boston area are much better (probably because we live so much closer to the tree farms). Anyway, I guess you have to add the transportation costs into the environmental equation. So if you get a local, fresh cut tree and recycle it after the holiday (our town collects them and sends them thru a wood chipper for mulch) then you're probably making the best environmental choice.

On behalf of the environment, a toast to Georgia for the earth-friendly holiday tip. clink!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #1106
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Aw, shucks! ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 11-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #1107
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great info Georgia, clink clink here's to you!! Happy holidays sisters!!

I just heard "grandma got run over by a reindeer" for the first time this season and had a good laugh, what a great song!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 PM   #1108
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I am pleased to say that we have always had a real tree....as far back as our first year together - when we lived in a 25 floor apartment building - we went into the regional forest and cut a little 3 ' tree hid it in a garbage bag to get it in the building - Yep huge fire code breaker but It was fun - and we had only two boxes of ornaments - that I think we have a few left from 25 years ago almost...

Now we make a note of taking the over crowding trees down - and they are usually charlie brown trees with not much to them - either balsm or sometimes we even take a hemlock - the odd White Pine (only if there are 3-4 crowding each other. The last 8 years it has been neat to watch the trees in the are that we have cut down - they are beautiful -
Not hard to get a 14' tall and skinny - perfect for our place...

Good on you all for being so environmentally conscious - cut back on the lights a bit too and just do a few accents instead of the entire house That is what we are doing this year - because we are lazy
.....and we have been hit with some record snows before Peter had a chance - besides like I said I don't want him up on the roof
Old 12-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #1109
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Nice, Sharon! I'll bet you just love the scent of those freshly cut trees too.

I was going to put up more lights this year, but after thinking about it some more I changed my mind and decided to stay simple. We have just the white light strand on a little azalea by the door -- you can see it in my avatar pic reflecting off the Airstream. I love these little lights that twinkle brighter in spots, especially nice in new fallen snow. I put them up early, and leave them up long after Christmas has past, about the time I need them for the Bambi.

I'm playin' some of my favorite Christmas CDs tonight -- Charlie Brown's Christmas, New England Christmastide, Harry Connick Christmas Album, and Nat King Cole. I wonder when GT1963 will release her Christmas CD.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #1110
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I like the white lights too...

We had coloured in our first house and they all faded and peeled. Our next house was a Victorian Style home - so we went with all white lights...Soon the whole neigbourhood went to white lights

Here where we live now - we still use white lights -they just look so pretty...But we have none up anywhere yet...Annie had a good Idea and just put our little Palm Tree up in the window - and PINE for Florida

Jamie - I don't play Christmas MusicI would have to learn it - and that takes too much effort

I am working on my 7th Album now! I have composed well over a 100 but only the really nice ones make the albums Just an easy way to organize the compositions. This next album is called Heaven's Garden.
I was just working on a piece representing a Butterfly fluttering around all the pretty flowers..
Old 12-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #1111
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
That's great Sharon, talk about creative sisters here!!

Jamie can you turn it up? I can't hear it over on this side of the fire, anyone want some Bailey's with your hot drink of choice??
Old 12-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #1112
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Jamie, your music sounds wonderful over the crackling of the campfire Your CD's are great...do you play the "old" John Denver Christmas? That is one of our family favorites. I still crack up at Miss Piggy squealing, "Piggy Pudding??!!!!" Barbra Streisand makes my Christmas, along with Manheim S, Bing, the annual "So That's. . ." Something's gone bad with our player, so I'm depending on radio and XM so far. What do you all like to hear at Christmas? Oh, I always love the classical CD's: chants, brass, and so on.
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 12-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #1113
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
No, I don't have the old John Denver Christmas music, but I sure wish I did. Tonight I'm adding our cd of The Grinch that Stole Christmas. I just love the Welcome Christmas song. "Fah who for aze! Dah who dor-aze! Welcome Christmas, come this way!" And I brought out The Nutcracker (Boston Symphony) and a classical guitar Christmas album (Liona Boyd). And how could I forget Barbara! Of course, I have Barbara singing Ave Maria. It's like buttah, I'm tellin' ya!

Steph, any more of that Baileys for our hot drinks?

Sharon, Heaven's Garden sounds beautiful! Won't that be just what we need come spring?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 12-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #1114
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, I'm just in awe of your composing. I wish we could all hear your music through this virtual campfire. That would be sooooo fine ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #1115
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks for the Kudos ~G I don't think you ever did send me your e-mail address so that I could send you a couple of songs.??

Once I get my new computer I will hopefully spend some time working on a new website and will have sample MP3's for download. Maybe earn a few pennies for gas money

It has been a lot of fun playing again I am so glad for this forum, and the Rivettes here - I honestly do not think that I would be playing again if the cards had not fallen as they did and it all started with the Summer Solstice thread...

I think I would like to go back for lessons and learn how to play from sheet music again. In the meantime I just fire off what comes to my head and happens upon the keys. I am very lucky! all my pieces are one of a kind as I can not play the same thing twice...so it really is ironic - in order for me to play it again (Sam) I will have to learn how to play my own pieces from printed music (which I will be able to produce once my new computer and softwared arrives sometime next week.

Upgrading my system to the new iMac 24" - with Leopard as well as the new version of Logic Express 8, Music program.

I will miss going to Florida!!! but I will have plenty to keep myself busy this winter - no fear of Cabin fever -

We have had a ton of snow - over a foot already in about 4 different snow days this past week.

I guess everyone is busying themselves with the holiday preparations.

I am making stuffed mushroom neptunes for the ladies lunch tomorrow - so I might leave a few for you all to try for a lunch snack....
Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1116
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Sharon, you not going to the FL rally anymore?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #1117
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
hey Sisters!

I have been away for several days! Looks like the rest of you have too! It has been a hard few days for me. My dad took a turn for the worst at the nursing home and we had to spend lots of time with him. He finally passed away after a long struggle at 3 a.m. this morning (Dec.10th). It was time and we were thankful that he gave up and went "home". He is in a better place and pain free! At least that is what I believe. We will be busy this next week taking care of business and getting my mom into some kind of routine that is better for her. Since she is just across the street it will require a little less energy, but a little more time. Hope the rest of you are getting some great Christmas shopping done. I have NOT yet started mine. Yikes!!! Could be the year that everyone here gets a lump of coal!! LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #1118
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Lou I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. I am glad you were able to spend that time with him. You have always been so good with watching over your parents. I hope you are faring well and taking solace that his pain is no more and he had a wonderful and long life.

Don't worry about shopping but that lump of coal just won't do, you all are waaay too good to have coal put in your stockings.

Wishing you a bright new year and bountiful blessings.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #1119
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Lou,

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing..my deepest sympathies for you and your mom..it is a hard time to go through for sure..my dad passed away back in 2001, and my mom doesn't drive, so a lot of the time between then and now, I take her out on her errands..seems to be quite a convenient thing that you live across the street from your mom..do you have siblings?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:51 AM   #1120
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lou we are so sorry to hear that your Father has passed away and now gone in the time of yesterday and today. But share in your peace that you will remember your Father the most within all the tomorrows.

Life is eternal; and love is immortal;
And death is only a horizon;
And a horizon is nothing
Save the limit of our sight.
-Rossiter Worthington Raymond