Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #1081
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Wishing all of you a great holiday too. Everybody's baking today, so is my daughter. That little bun will be a lovely bouncing boy in February. I just received the pictures today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a 034.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	49687   Click image for larger version

Name:	a 043.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	49688  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #1082
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Wishing all of you a great holiday too. Everybody's baking today, so is my daughter. That little bun will be a lovely bouncing boy in February. I just received the pictures today.
Carol,
That is sooo cute!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #1083
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Carol, a bun in the ''oven' how Cute!!!..ok, just took the pies out..much better..and I think maybe I had overblended the pumpkin batter that could have caused the cracks..here's the pies..just have to put some whipped cream when serving..roast the turkey, set the table on Thursday..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1642.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	49689  
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #1084
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Carol that picture is priceless! Congratulations on the grandbaby to be!

Sounds like some of the sisters are heating up the kitchens today. I'm baking with you on the bread Jamie, and the pies Paula. Cross your fingers I do ok with turducken tomorrow, its a turkey with a duck and a chicken all layered together and dressing in between each layer.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #1085
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Steph,

Making some oatmeal raisin cookies to take on our safari trip to Tucson Friday after Turkey day..

Let me know how your turducken goes!!!..my cousin had one..very different he says..as he got closer to the inside bird, it got juicier and more tender he says!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #1086
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I could smell all the aromas just pooring from the computer I had to check out what it was all about....with one day to go - yes indeed you are all busy cooking, baking and making prepartion for a wonderful time with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Carol - you must be thrilled and so excited! Congratulations!

Paula your bears are just to die for they are so cute.... You are well on your way to stardum....how about little LadyBug Airstreams with your little bears inside looking out the windows - what a great kids toy that would make. Like the days of A Barrel of Monkeys - you could do An Airstream of Monkeys. The guiness world of records - how many monkeys can you fit into an airstream....

I just saw a cute picture of one of your bear likenesses on the CottegeLife web site - with the little fellow in a boat fishing - very cute too.

Laura you stay off your feet and heal up that back - don't mess around with that now - backs are a terrible thing to injure and if you don't take care of it you will pay for it for the rest of your days. I am sure there are several of us here that can attest to that.

Hey Paula (Foiled Again) - be sure to take some shots of you receiving your new "Big Red Truck" You go Girl. Now you can give TowDaddy a bit of competition heading down the road

Juel - don't think I have said hello yet..HI....painted and naked ladies I am impressed. I will have to look up a really fabulous plastic repair product I found out about a few years ago. It will help with those cracks on the end caps - I think yours is plastic right? Our 69 was fiberglass I think or it may just not have had any cracks we were lucky. The 63 is definitely fiberglass I recently put a crack in it with my head - no joke.

If you are looking for any parts - we have lots of this and that you might need....

Stay warm and drink lots of water to get you through the eating phase of Thanksgiving

I hear Pie does not mail well so I will just think of you when you are eating the pumpkin pie - my most absolute favorite pie in the world
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #1087
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hey all,

Carol, Nice pictures, so cute!

Sharon, I cant spend the time on my back as much as I would like. I spent all day yesterday on a heating pad, trying to get it to feel better, however, I did some more research, and I no longer I feel I pulled a mussel, I feel that its something to do with an infection. Today it is get ready for thanksgiving day, and I have to work tommarrow late at night, so, getting laundry, trips to the store, clean my car and room up, and cook something for work is today. No time to lay around, I wish!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #1088
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura sorry about your sore back and your having to work. Soaking in a hot bath and some anti-inflammatory like Alieve will help when you have time, otherwise a few choice words always seems to do for me in a "pinch."

Those pie pictures look yummy Paula and turducken sounds very interesting Steph. You two must be the sugar and spice girls.

The sculpting turned out so well. How 'bout them Bears? Seriously such cute poses and painted so nicely.

Jamie I wonder if you are doing any special art projects for Christmas. Lou has so many projects going. Those cards are so time consuming to make but so appreciated. Nice shots Steph.

Marianne sent me this verse today and I thought I would share it with you in time for your celebrations tomorrow. To all my very dear silver sisters out there whom I am thankful for.

Count your blessings instead of your crosses ;
Count your gains instead of your losses.

Count your joys instead of your woes ;
Count friends instead of your foes.

Count your smiles instead of your tears ;
Count your courages instead of your fears.

Count your full years instead of your lean ;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

Count your health instead of your wealth ;
Count on God instead of yourself.

photography
Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #1089
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carol, I'd like to read this verse at our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Thank you for sharing it with us. And, congratulations on that little "bun" you have to dream about. Our little granddaughter from last year, born during our trip home from the Can Opener, is nearly walking and such a funny little tease. You have so much to look forward to! Happy Thanksgiving, all! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #1090
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Nice verses Carol! Sisters I'm pulling my treadmill up next to the campfire, after I dust it off ... hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #1091
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Nice verses Carol! Sisters I'm pulling my treadmill up next to the campfire, after I dust it off ... hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great!
Pulling up my treadmill next to yours, TinSista. The last of our turkey is in the oven now (turkey pot pie). Time to start walking off the holiday feast...

I'll join up with you all later around the fire for a bit of herbal tea, with just a bit of honey. What's that? Some of Steph's home-baked bread left? Oh, allright then, go ahead and put that on my plate too.

So what's everyone up to these days?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #1092
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Glad you liked the verse and I hope everyone had a nice holiday. So I suppose with all this talk of exercise you gals wouldn't want any of these chocolate mint cookies, would you?

Paula, here is a display of bears that we spotted at a gift shop on one of our trips and I just loved them.

Brad surprised me with the Hallmark Airstream ornament. I just love how the awning pulls out or retracts. Anyone putting up some special ornaments or decorations yet?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pbears.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	50092   Click image for larger version

Name:	pbears2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	50093  

photography
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #1093
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
I'm trying to be good, but I'm not THAT good, so I'll take one of those chocolate-mint cookies, and put on a fresh pot of coffee this morning. Thanks, Carol!

I heard about the Airstream ornament from a little elf, and I want to add that to our tree this year. Doug surprised me last year with a little stained glass Airstream ornament, also very cute. Maybe we need to come up with an ornament to take home from the next Rivettes rally.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 AM   #1094
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Maybe we need to come up with an ornament to take home from the next Rivettes rally.

-J

What an excellent idea Jamie.

It is one little thing my Mom and I have shared for as long as I can remember - we have either bought or made each other a tree ornament and exchanged this time of year. Some of them are just so pretty not to have up all year long to remember the special thoughts that people have for each other....

Peace and Happiness to everyone at the fire this morning and all over - just because

Oh heck me too I'll take a couple of those Chocolate Minty thingies YUM... okay how about just one - so that others who are not up yet can enjoy too... tks Carol
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:28 AM   #1095
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey sisters! Of course I'll have a cookie, I love mint chocolate thanks Carol! I love those girl scout cookies that are mint chocolate almost time to order...

Great idea Jamie about the ornament! That's sweet Sharon about exchanging the ornaments with your mom.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #1096
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good morning sisters
We left the Lake Elsinore Campground in CA at sunrise on Sunday and drove straight to Tucson, arriving late in the evening..loooonnng drive!
I'm sitting here in Tucson Az in the safari..going to make some hot cocoa..would you like some to go with the cookies Carol has???
It's raining here!...we went to visit the Kartchner Caves yesterday..anyone a caver?..very interesting..reminded me of the Wind Cave we saw in South Dakota..there were bat roosts and you know that other 'stuff'..remember stalagmites, stalagtites?..there was also a huge critter that used to live there called the sloth..also walked around Bisbee where there was some filming going on in Old town..also went to Tombstone and walked around there again..pretty quiet on the streets..here's a couple of pix for you all..Carol, the other day we stopped for gas at the Flying J..and I saw bear frames!!..more bear ideas???..or bison or sloth critters
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1910.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	50098   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2198.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	50099  

Name:	100_2650.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	50100   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2390.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	50101  

Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #1097
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks for the cocoa. Beautiful sunset picture, Paula. Nice shots, unusual and interesting. The frame would be perfect for one of your travel pictures. You take such nice ones. So you are out traveling, that's great. I wonder what your next project will be with all the ideas you are collecting. We have been on a tour down into Mamoth Cave in Kentucky and a few other ones here and there but I have never done any real caving. You would never find me spedunking. That's a little too close for comfort. And I am certain I would get stuck after all these holiday treats!

Jamie can we see your stained glass ornament?

Steph, if you run out of girl scout cookies, or should I say when you do? These are Pepperidge Farm Mint Milano Dark Chocolate Drenched, Limited Edition Cookies, wow what a mouthful, in name and size.

Sharon we used to make some of our gifts. That is so special to have the personal touch shown in rememberances.

photography
Old 11-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #1098
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hey sisters,
Sorry it took me so long to get on here. Ill be on a lot more once I get my computer back next week. Back is all better, almost have all my christmas shopping done. I want a cookie, man, that sounds so good. Carol, you brought up something I want to do, CAVE DIVING!! Lets do it, so kick butt!!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #1099
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Glad you are feeling better Laura. OK let's do it. Grab your gear. I'll bring the cookies.

photography
Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #1100
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay, sounds good, what cave are we going to? When and where, and ill be there! Carol, PM me when you get a chance.