Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #1041
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Sharon,

You know, I completely forgot about the bees!!!..that'll have to be the next project!!..here's the tree painted
Just a thought - you could drill a little hole in the opposite tree branch and use a real twig - and then sculpt a little beehive to hang off the real twig/branch - that would look cool - sort of a nature interactive perspective

Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #1042
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Ok, Sharon, now you did it!!..you've got to come over to Sacto, and we could really get into this!!!..we may just have to have a rally here in Sacramento!!!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #1043
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh yeah - big sky road trip.....

Quote:
Ok, Sharon, now you did it!!..you've got to come over to Sacto, and we could really get into this!!!..we may just have to have a rally here in Sacramento!!!
Find me a date (departure date that is unless that fireman is free ), find me a last minute club flight and I am there!

Off to bed now - need to catch up my missed 48 hours of shut eye

Rock-a-bye baby ZZZZZZZ, or maybe I should just count sheep!

PS how much do you charge to sculpt little critters from a photograph - say 3-7 inches???
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #1044
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sharon,

How 'bout posting a photo of what you have in mind?..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #1045
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
who's cooking turkey?
We are! Vickie told me about this great fried turkey she had, I would love to learn to do that but I think I'll do this one in the regular oven this year. I am looking forward to trying it out next year maybe practice in the summer. My bothers (not a misspelling this is their official title) and their families are coming over.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #1046
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Oh boy! I got something silver, so now I can be a sister. Still working on this one, so it will be Spring before he's ready to party. You all sound like you're having fun on this site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00460.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	49429  
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #1047
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Hey Juel, welcome and wow!!

Oh my goodness Juel, come sit by the campfire....what a lovely trailer, are you going to start a thread on her? What's her name? Oh she's pretty!!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #1048
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Hey I recognize that place! Glad it is home safe.
Your Argosy is silver underneath, is it not? That counts.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #1049
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Oh boy! I got something silver, so now I can be a sister. Still working on this one, so it will be Spring before he's ready to party. You all sound like you're having fun on this site.
You've always been one of us! "Silver Sister" is just another one of those state of mind titles. Congratulations on your new acquisition though. It's a beaut!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #1050
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, Juel! Now a "neighbor" is joining us-yippee! Those Michigan-Canadian sisters have had an advantage Glad to see you here at the campfire, and yes, being a Silver Sister is all about attitude, that we-can-do-it attitude, and you've proven that many times over. Since we are spread all over the country, we can have a virtual rally anytime we want. Welcome to you and your beautiful trailers, and here's a pair of shades to cut the bright sun. Usually we're having to toss another log on the fire this time of year, but today is drop-dead gorgeous! ~G Oh, and yes, we're fixing a turkey, a small one this year since two of our kids will be elsewhere. One son is going to Cape G to be with his wife's family and one of our daughters is going with her high school football team as sports trainer for the Level 5 football finals in St. Louis on Friday. I decided it wouldn't have been at all nice of me to wish her team a loss just so she'd be free on Thanksgiving! We may just carry all our Thanksgiving dinner over to my elderly mom for a picnic dinner. She doesn't get out to join us anymore. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and welcome, again, Juel!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #1051
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Twink

Hi Juel!! Glad you could join us! We have fun dreamin of Streamin around this old campfire. I'll bet that your little Twink loves the new sister! Pretty trailer. Does she have a name yet?? Did you all go and vote at the new rally poll for 2007 yet?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #1052
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Congratulations Juel! What a great looking Airstream. Ready to party by spring sounds perfect. Do you have any interior pictures? What are you doing to it? Is it parked by the lake too with your Argosy?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #1053
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Actually the new trailer and the Twink are male. I just refer to the big one as the 31footer right now. I've always felt as if my Argosy/Airstreams were a haven and protected me, so I just think of them as male. Not quite the feminist attitude is it? One thing I want to tell all of you. Do Not Even try to hang vinyl wall covering on the curved end caps inside your Airstream. I've been at it all day trying to cover the yellow and cracked end caps. You see I got these new "white" replace vent covers and put them in (not an easy thing). As you all know, when you get something new and pretty the rest of your living room looks like c--p. Sooooooo in a moment of insanity, I decided I could put the same vinyl wall covering I put in the Twink on those end pieces. What was I thinking?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00488.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	49441   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00495.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	49442  

Name:	DSC00454.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	49443   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00450.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	49444  

Name:	DSC00449.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	49445   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00465.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	49446  

Old 11-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #1054
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I did start a post of bringing this trailer home. "It's Almost Time to Bring the 76 Home" You notice WheelInterested, this is a Michigan trailer from St. Joseph, Michigan.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #1055
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That looks fabulous, you really found a great Airstream. To think you were so close, next time we will have to rally around you for sure! I know some of you girls tow these big Airstreams around like they were not even there. It's amazing. How did it feel?

photography
Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #1056
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
It felt like towing the 24ft Argosy actually. I ended up towing thru St. Louis, in rush hour, in the rain. I thought it was 6:30 and it was 5:30. I was still on Raleigh, N.C. time. We had Bob's new 07 Ford to tow it with, which is a fun truck to drive. Well....it's not so much fun with Bob driving 70+. Then when he pulled into a rest area and into the "cars" side, that was interesting. He thought the "truck" side was for semi's. We looked pretty odd with about 50ft of vehicle and trailer. When Spring comes the AS will go to the lake and the Argosy will stay at home in case Bob ever stays home long enough for us to travel. Better put that log on the fire. I have lots of stories to tell.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #1057
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Welcome juel! Your new-to-you AS looks great and as though it will serve you well - congratulations. Your "boys" will be surrounded with girls
I want to wish all my Silver Sisters and their families a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Ike and I will be enjoying TG at our son-in-law's (Mike & Mary) parents' home along with our other daughter Sarah and Ike's mother. Mike's sister and her family may be there also. ......um did I tell y'all that already? sorry if so.
Mary came up today and we will bake cookies tomorrow. She will give me some lessons as I've never gotten the knack of cutouts. My mom would make them occasionally at Christmas time but .... um... they were awful. I'd like to learn to do the special frosting techniques with all those cookie cutters I've collected. The pictures in the magazines look so beautiful and sometimes whimsical, don't you think?
You all have special talents and I can't think of a one I could share. I want one too!!! The new battle cry, "I Can Frost It!" The good news is even if they look bad they'll still taste good! Hey, are we going to have a virtual Christmas/Holiday party? If so, I can bring decorated cookies!

Guess I'd better head for the barn if I'm going to bake tomorrow .. wish me luck! nity nite, suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #1058
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
yummmmmmmmmm

Go Sue! You can frost it!!! They sound wonderful! I saw a cookie cutter at the AS factory and bought it to ship to my friend, Donna, in MT. I hope she bakes some cookies with it too! I have been making peanut brittle for the holidays! I have the most wonderful recipe that my mom handed down to me. I have been teaching all of my friends to do it this week. I hope that they will hand it down to their friends and family. It is 100 times better than store bought! We even made some with cashews, walnuts and pecans! That was yummy too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #1059
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Got the new vent covers up and the vinyl wall covering on the end cap. I'm pooped! Got new pillows at Ross to replace the pink ones (not my color). Trailer is leaving Tuesday to go to the RV doctor (Wayne) to see if the frig. can be fixed or if I'm getting a new one put in. Good thing the holiday is coming. I'll be off two days and since the kids live out of state and are all working the holiday and my husband is in Tucson, I'll be taking my sister, who is blind, somewhere nice to eat. Thanksgiving just isn't the way it once was around here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00508.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	49496   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00511.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	49497  

Name:	DSC00512.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	49498   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00514.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	49499  

Name:	DSC00515.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	49500   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00488.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	49501  

Old 11-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #1060
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Juel that's like night and day difference, how fresh and perfect that looks. I like the rambours under the couch too, I had missed seeing those, pretty cool and the new accents are great.

I've got another log to throw on for later on. Juel tell us another of those stories you have to tell, we're all ears. I can just see your expression getting out on the car side and sizing up the lot. Here's one that will make Bob feel much better. I was driving along the interstate after dark and looking for the next rest stop when I finally saw the ramp and sign trailers only...thinking it was the truck trailer side, right, I pull in. Well I saw right away but then too late to change my course. I had pulled into a truck weigh station and was so embarrassed as I waved to the man looking at the Airstream and the ditsy woman driver.

Cookies, you gals are making me hungry. I'll be thinking about Suz, Donna and Lou baking someone happy, yes and frosting them wonderfully.

photography