Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 PM   #729
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Hello!

I kinda popped in and out awhile back, thought I should stick around a bit and say hi. As pointed out earlier by someone I live in Ohio. We live in the Youngstown area. Last summer we traded my brother our Yellow VW Thing for his 62 amabassador. (We made out in that deal)

My husband and I and the kiddos are really enjoying fixing it up...
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415...t-28984-4.html (scroll down to post #49)
and of course camping. I am an artist, although I don't feel like one any more because I am in graduate school to become a professional counselor. (I have been going to school full time for two years)I am finished in August. Whooo Hoooo!

I enjoy photography, painting, lampworking (making glass beads with a oxygen and propane torch) and gardening. My husband and I have two boys age 6 and almost 2. Life is busy.

We have yet to take the AS on a big trip we have gone about three times to a local lake. I pulled it home from my brothers (about an hour and a half) so I am not scared to pull it. But like mentioned earlier thinking about gas stations and stuff is a little overwhelming but I know it is doable.

Anyway just wanted to pull a log up to the fire
Heather

Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #730
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Heather! Glad you popped back in. I would love to see your art some time. I hope that you are planning on coming to our rally in June. We are going to have a great bunch of women.

You are a busy lady! Glad you are taking some time out to sit a spell with us and chat. Wonder if Sharon's banana bread is ready.

Coffee anyone?

Nice pictures Vicki and Steph you know we are anxious to see what your AS will look like.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #731
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi,

Just made some chocolate chip w/walnut cookies..would any of you like some?..made extra to take on our trip w/the Safari tomorrow..we're headed for the Coast for the weekend..we'll be staying at a couple of KOA's and I think they have wi-fi connections!!..whoohoo!..hopefully I won't be missing out on the forum action!!..
Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #732
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Nothing like the smell of fresh baked cookies to draw a crowd. Thank you Paula. MMMMMmmmm! Won't that be nice to get away and camp on the coast. Very nice of you to share with us this evening. Perhaps if you have wi-fi you will be sending us a few pictures too. Are these KOAs a favorite place to camp or new ones you haven't been to before?

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #733
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol,

Steve and I have been going to the KOA in Manchester, near Point Arena, for about 15 years during the April-June ab tides..we'll stay there for 3 nites, then go inland to Petaluma's KOA for the nite..he has another sportsman's club outing near Dillon's Beach to go clam digging..we've never stayed at that KOA before, so it'll be intereting to see how the 'accommodations' are there..the one in Manchester has potlucks put on by the camp hosts..Steve has helped help bbquing (and of course a little beero to go with it) with a couple of other campers..there's also hay rides to the beach for the family, ping-pong, horseshoes, swimming, spa-ing (?), karaoke, fence painting, shopping in the little boutique-stlyle/grocery store, and of course chatting and visiting w/other a/streamers we've met..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #734
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What a cool schedule of events. Sounds like a lot of fun. Sounds like a vacation with plenty to do. I am going to take a guess that you do karaoke because I think you like music and fun, am I right? What is this fence painting?

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #735
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Carol,

fence painting: where kids of all ages can paint the fence that surrounds the swimming pool and spa at the KOA campground..here's a link to the campground..let me know if you can open it.

Manchester Beach KOA
Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #736
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The surroundings are beautiful. I could see all the pictures and activities on the web site, except for the virtual tour. Thanks for posting the link. I like that doggy park with frisbe and a picnic that would be as much fun to watch as to be a part of. That's a great KOA. All the KOAs we have stayed at have been nice too but not as nice as that one with so very much to do. Looks like a winner. You must be all packed and ready to go, if it were me I would be carrying things out to the AS all night. Then Bradley drives first and I nap.

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #737
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
haha, Carol...packed up everything this morning, actually trying to pack minimumally (if that's possible for me!)..Steve loaded all the foods stuff, more than we probably should have, but I believe in packing the truck and safari to the max!!!..I call it high style boondocking!!!..we'll leave early tomorrow, hopefully before the commute on the freeways..it'll take us almost 5 hours, with short breaks and lunch stops..we usually set up by the late afternoon..supposed to rain the latter part of the week..so we'll see how it goes..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #738
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It sounds lovely. Have the best time! If it rains later on in the week you will have some cozy time in the Airstream, we actually like a rainy day here and there, the pitter pat is so relaxing and a pleasant change from our dashing about.

Have a little Baileys and coffee Paula? I think it will go quite well with these excellent cookies of yours.

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #739
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
not too fond of coffee..but I'll take some baileys and cream..haha!!!..thnx..we'll have to get together soon somewhere in the middle..if Steve and I make that trip to Banff/Canada to Michigan, then to N.Y. in June???
Old 04-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #740
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Sisters,
What a beautiful KOA Paula! Lucky you to have access to it. We stayed 2 nites in one in Bowling Green, KY off of I-65 on the way back home, timing our arrival so as to tour the Corvette assembly plant and visit the National Corvette Museum. If it hadn't been for the fact we don't use our shower (and wouldn't have electric for a hair dryer) I'd rather have stayed at Wal-Mart. Ike bought a Kamping Kard and I'm wondering if we can get a refund. Oh well, some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Let's see.......63-64 days til Tow It Day! Hey Vickie, do you have a departure day in mind? How about you other Rivettes? I'm kind of thinking arrival on Wed./20th but what Vickie and Danielle want to do is perfect for me! Oh, btw, will we be caravaning with others and if so is there place of convergence? I may have missed some current details while we were gone.

Well, that's all for today.
It's not all that cold tonight but here's a few logs to keep the chill away.

nitey nite,
suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:44 AM   #741
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Paula that would be great if you could stop in Michigan on your way, we'll have another Rivette Rush for you! I think Suz and Vickie will be going to the MidWest Forums rally around the 9th and the woman's rally is 20-24. Let us know when you expect to be in the area and we can plan accordingly. We don't often get the opportunity to see our Western sister, wouldn't want to miss your passage through.

Hi Suz, I think Vickie was planning on the 20th and Steph and I (and perhaps Sharon and Jamie and Annie might be able to meet up too) are to meet you two at a rest stop along the way.

photography
Old 04-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #742
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Coffee anyone?

Hey all,
Another sunny morning in Michigan, birds are singing, but cold still. My mug is keeping the fingers warm. Did put out that bird bath....the guys built two bluebird boxes, maybe they will come to stay! Have a great time Paula. Heather wow welcome, nice photos, good luck with school!! Suz I'm at the back of Vickie's caravan, the caboose!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Steph you know we are anxious to see what your AS will look like.
Carol thanks for asking Dave did post a thread at
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f258...des-31748.html
Here's the after and before is on the bottom (I guess loading before first doesn't mean its first on the picture list): Just a few bits and pieces left to do...we're pretty happy with the results, took lots of great ideas from the forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New upholstery.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	35841  
Attached Images