Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #687
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
So...did everybody pull out of the campground or what? It's been awful quite around here the last couple of days...must be a true sign that spring is in the air - we are all out in it instead of cooped up at our computers.

On the gardening note: I was thrilled on Sunday, I was driving by an unknown neighbors house and they had three BIG boxes of purple irises that they had split from their garden! So not being greedy, I only took one...hoping the others would still be there when I came back by on my way home...unfortunately, the other boxes were gone. But I got plenty...now I gotta get them in the ground! New (to me) house...lots of bare ground to cover ~

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #688
SC Air

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1954 18' Wanderer
San Clemente , California
On Line Sisters

Hi there. I am glad to find a group of Airstream women who love the outdoors and the silver bullet too. I am signed up for the Cape Town to Cairo Caravan Rally in 2009 and having a great time learning about traveling with my trailer, a 2006 25 ft Safari and my two standard poodles. A lot of people are surprized that I am able to do this all by myself but lots of practice and many mistakes later, I am getting pretty good and can back the trailer into just about any spot, given enough time. I don't back well under pressure. I look forward to reading this tread and hearing about you and your stories. SC Air.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #689
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Shari -- you struck gold! A neighbor who shares from the garden, and a box of irises! Lucky you!

Welcome aboard, SC Air! Glad you could join us. I don't do well under pressure either, but in almost anything I'm determined to do, I eventually can get it done with the patience and help of people like you'll find here in this thread. Check out the Rivettes Rally thread too. I think that Foiled Again and some of the others gave some good backing and towing info and advice there.

- J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #690
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Spring gardening

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideout
On the gardening note: I was thrilled on Sunday, I was driving by an unknown neighbors house and they had three BIG boxes of purple irises that they had split from their garden! So not being greedy, I only took one...hoping the others would still be there when I came back by on my way home...unfortunately, the other boxes were gone. But I got plenty...now I gotta get them in the ground! New (to me) house...lots of bare ground to cover ~

Shari
Hi Shari,

Just got back from Rite Aid..they had pony packs of red, purple and yellow pansies on sale, so I grabbed them up to plant in my front garden..also got some yellow and orange marigolds too!!..now, hope they'll get a good start growing while the weather's good this week
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #691
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
SC Air, what an adventure you will have going on that caravan. Sounds like your AS is getting a good workout. 2 standard poodles, can we see them?

Yes Shari it's been quiet change of season and we are all popping into the Airstreams--though still not warm enough to go camping going down in the 20s and having gray days and snow showers ahead. So you and Paula have found some good finds to make your gardens fuller and prettier. Jamie and I may be at the same stage of dewinterizing but not quite reveling in the sunny warm weather yet.--

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #692
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Brrr its snowing again....Baileys and decaf anyone?

Better throw another log on the fire, Michigan's having a snow spell...
...can't gripe too much we sure were lucky for a while there!! Shari your yard is so pretty I'll bet you are pleased to see that all the fall labor with the bulbs paid off so beautifully! Paula your avatar is lovely and that barrel of flowers gives me hope for spring!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #693
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Snow here too! and now it's turning into a cold rain. And I've been fighting so much sneezing and sniffling and chills and fever the last few weeks that I would just love to wrap up in a blanket by the fire and have a steamy cup of cocoa. Any marshmallows left?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #694
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I have marshmellows. Jamie get all tucked in and take some time. I'm in with you and Steph, it's snowing here too. Let's give our chocolate a really good spike while we commisserate together. Next year we may just have to caravan over to Mailibu Beach and meet our Western sisters.

photography
Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #695
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Jamie and Carol, let me top off your cocoa and add some marshmallows for you too!!..I remembered how cold it was when I was in Tucson with the gloomy and snowy days there..stay warm the two you you!!..
Old 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #696
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Okay, sisters, here's the Baileys, just the trick to make that chocolate even warmer for our cold spell. We have snow showers forecast Thursday, but between now and Monday, we are supposed to be in mid-20's every night. Happy Easter! Down coats will cover Easter dresses this year. I laughed when my local garden center sent out a "Freeze Tips" memo. We are supposed to cover all leafed and blooming tender plants with a light cloth cover OR get up before dawn and lightly spray all tender plants for 1 1/2 hours to prevent their freeze. Can't you just see me out spraying plants spread over 3 acres around 4 am? Maybe if it was an orchard with built-in spray system. Spring is always an adventure, no? Jaime, take care with the chills and sniffles. Cuddle up to the fire. I wanna go camping-g-g-g-! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #697
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Next year we may just have to caravan over to Mailibu Beach and meet our Western sisters.
Hear, hear!! Carol's got the idea. This northern winter stuff is for the birds.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #698
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Georgia and Paula thank you. We needed that. MMMMM Oh my goodness can you all see G if she went around with an adomizer at 4 in the morning? HMMMM how many square feet in 3 acres? Ah so Paula you can feel our pain then? We all have to get a lot of summer fun into a little bit of time. Watch out at our Solstice rally, we've been storing it up a long long, long time!

photography
Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #699
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Oh, Georgia! No way!! I say survival of the fittest when it comes to plants and freezing temps. I'm just lovin' these new pansies, and there's some other daisy like annual from Canada, that will bloom to around 15-20 degrees. I'm real tough on my perennials too. I only allow the ones that can live on their own in the usual growing conditions of our area -- no pampering here.

There was a cottontail outside the window this morning, scoping out the conditions for the Easter bunny I suppose. Looks like Easter eggs will be hidden indoors this year.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #700
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
So...did everybody pull out of the campground or what? It's been awful quite around here the last couple of days...must be a true sign that spring is in the air - we are all out in it instead of cooped up at our computers.

Shari
Remember not to bury them too deep
Heather