Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #881
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
s'mores

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverconnie
Hi Sue

Indeed this is now international and I need a translator... wots s'mors?
Yummy!! 2 graham crackers, a piece of chocolate bar, Like Hershey's chocolate, a toasted hot marshmallow...Take a graham cracker put on a few squares of chocolate bar, toast the marshmallow and then quickly slide it off the toasting fork onto the chocolate. Then put the second graham cracker on top. Eat it while it is warm. Voila! You will want s'more! Some folks wrap this up in foil and set it on the edge of the campfire for a few seconds instead of doing it the quick way.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #882
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Maybricks
Just thought ... I TOW!

This is me in the Chevy!

Maybricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #883
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
WOW..... want one

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Yummy!! 2 graham crackers, a piece of chocolate bar, Like Hershey's chocolate, a toasted hot marshmallow...Take a graham cracker put on a few squares of chocolate bar, toast the marshmallow and then quickly slide it off the toasting fork onto the chocolate. Then put the second graham cracker on top. Eat it while it is warm. Voila! You will want s'more! Some folks wrap this up in foil and set it on the edge of the campfire for a few seconds instead of doing it the quick way.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #884
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Well, if you were here

We could light the campfire. I have a little fire pit in my backyard. We could have one if you bring the chocolate! LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #885
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
There is a garage down the road that sells Herscheys....
Old 08-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #886
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Hershey's

Hershey's chocolate bars are the best to use to make s'mores because you can break apart the little squares and get just the right amount to put on your s'more! LOL Well, if you can't come here to get one, you should be able to make one there. Some folks do them on their stove in winter! Just enough heat to melt the chocolate and marshmallow.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #887
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
I have just written my shopping list for tomorrow....
Old 08-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #888
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
shopping

Since my husband, Larry, built the fire pit in the backyard, I have been keeping all of the supplies on hand. My shopping list now includes hot dogs, buns, beans, cornbread and all the supplies necessary to have a backyard weenie roast etc. Wayyyyy fattening!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #889
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
I yearn to travel but can't at the minute tho I will at some point. I have 2 dogs, am single, no kids, have a small business buying and selling vintage American trailers and English classic caravans. We also rent them as statics so we do get to go to some unusual places! Apart from that there seems to no time for anything else... lol
Hi Connie! Your business sounds fantastic. What kind of unusal places have you gone for renting the trailers? Is that for photo shoots or setting up camp for someone? We love seeing vintage trailers. Some day I would love to go to England and see your countrysides and buildings. I just finished reading Notes from a Small Island. Love your picture. You Tow Girl!!! YEA!!!

Would you care for a cup of English tea with that s'more? Ladies tea anyone? MMMM Lou that chocolate is so good all warm and melty. I think you doublestuffed this s'more. Thanks.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #890
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
no tea

No tea, thank you! I would love some hot cocoa. It is a little bit chilly tonight. It would really taste lovely with that nice warm melty s'more! Boy! Are you all making me hungry! Do they make sugarless s'mores??!!! LOL! Being diabetic is a bummer!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #891
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
My first s'mor was with Girl Scouts, about 11 years old, day camping. Still love 'em, and they are part of any camping trip we take, double supplies if the grands are along. In fact, we keep the goodies stocked here at home. The 6 and 9 year old boys start begging for a little fire in the chiminea (sp?) as soon as the sun starts down. In jig time, they've burned the marshmallows just right and smushed the s'mors all squishy. Yum, and good memories to keep ~G Welcome, Silverconnie from England! We've all scooted over and made room for you here at the campfire.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #892
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I cant remember my first smore, its been so long, maybe when I was 4 or something? I cant remember, but they are GOOD!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #893
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
I see you've been clued in to s'mores! S'more = You like them so much you want some more. And if you are in need and find yourself without a campfire....the microwave will do.
It's been chilly here at Lake George - perfect camp fire weather, except for the fact we've no fire pit. Most of our friends have them and I'm glad for the SSOR (Silver Sisters Online Rally) fire so actually I'm all set.

See y'all later,

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #894
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Hi Carol
Thank you... we certainly get behind the scenes from time to time! We do both with the Airstreams and the English classics. We go all over England and try to spread ourselves about a bit so we don't get 'samey'

One day when we get organised we will have a rally here.... can't wait

Wotta luuuverly brew.... think I will finish this one up and have s'mores with the next...mmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Hi Connie! Your business sounds fantastic. What kind of unusal places have you gone for renting the trailers? Is that for photo shoots or setting up camp for someone? We love seeing vintage trailers. Some day I would love to go to England and see your countrysides and buildings. I just finished reading Notes from a Small Island. Love your picture. You Tow Girl!!! YEA!!!

Would you care for a cup of English tea with that s'more? Ladies tea anyone? MMMM Lou that chocolate is so good all warm and melty. I think you doublestuffed this s'more. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #895
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow smores!! Anything with chocolate on the menu has my attention!

We used to do those campfire pies with bread on either side of the pie iron and cherry pie filling in the middle, what a treat that was! I hear you about childhood memories Georgia, on the last day of 8th grade my girlfriends and I camped out in a tent in the woodlot behind the farm, and we had so much fun with that kind of stuff, smores hobo pies...course we had lots of raw chocolate too...
Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #896
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
You do the yummy camping food so much better. We do boring things like potatoes, chestnuts, but some yummy ones like bananas with a flake in them which are just so gorgeous..

www.vintage-americana.co.uk

+44 (0)7984 662 532

Old 08-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #897
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet Bananas with flake?

Quote:
You do the yummy camping food so much better. We do boring things like potatoes, chestnuts, but some yummy ones like bananas with a flake in them which are just so gorgeous..

OK Connie, now it's your turn. Please explain bananas w/ "flake". How are they prepared?

Also have you used the toaster irons? You can make lots of things with them. Pizza, eggs in toast, fruit pies ....... just about what ever you can think of.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #898
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Bananas

I love bananas. Now just how do you flake them?? Do tell all! We want the recipe!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #899
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
wow... how pleased am I to return the favour..

you keep the banana in the skin and make one cut thru the skin and a little into the banana flesh.. slightly squeeze it to form a space... unwrap the flake shove it into the space shut the banana as best u can and put it on a rack over a cooler part of the fire to warm thru... the chocolate melts thru the banana as it goes soft...... very simple but yummy!!!
I guess any chocolate would do some folks use rum butter, cream, peanut butter etc but the priciples the same .... enjoy

you probably have a different name for a flake we have milk chocolate, dark chocholate and praline..... mostly used for sticking in the side of an ice cream cone which then magically becomes summat called a '99' !!

www.vintage-americana.co.uk

+44 (0)7984 662 532

Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #900
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
west hills , California
Unfortunately Flake is tough to find here. You'll probably need to find a local British store or have someone who's just visited the UK or Australia bring it back....maybe try online???
krikles is offline   Reply With Quote