Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #617
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
That is so sweet!! Ooh sounds like heaven to me!! I'm putting on some Beausoleil right now!!
Just went to get out my Beausoleil and realized I only have it on LP and I haven't set up the turntable since we moved 2-1/2 years ago! Guess I'm out of luck this evening.

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #618
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Thanks, Carol. I'm sending your story on to 3 of my grown kids. In their 30's, dealing with all of "life," they will understand the meaning. ~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #619
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Carol, I am so glad you gathered us around for a story. I am a college professor (not retired) and I enjoy telling my students this story. I will share with current 55 of them.

And Tin Sista, Your recipe for New York Times Bread is not the same as the one I got from the New York Times. There is NO OLIVE oil. And this recipe
is so much easier. This is not the same as the one on Discuss Cooking Forum.

Shari, You can just Google New York Times No Knead Bread. If I can help just ask. It's a no fail Bread and is delicious.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #620
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey Aria, sorry for any confusion, the recipe I posted was the one that I used and the one I sent to Jamie. Here's what it looks like. I relied heavily on Rose Levy Beranbaum's method of time and temp not included in that recipe but from her blog. Should have been clearer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no knead.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	33762  
Old 03-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #621
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
tin sista that is a beautiful loaf of bread.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #622
Certifiable

. , .
Hello ladies. Is it OK that I stopped by? I just thought I'd bring over some spring daffodils. By the way, that was a great story Carol. See you later!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #623
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Yikes I can't believe I missed this thread! I think it's great, and I didn't come empty handed, I brougt brownies and some of Terry's mud slides.

I was reading in the first few pages aboout backing trailers. terry took me to a 25 acre farm and taught me how to back and turn and never got upset. When he started mumbling about jacknifing and trees going down behind us, I got better at it. But I try to get pull throughs if I'm pulling the coach.

To hitch it up to the truck the last time, I had to reposition the truck about 20 times and all of the neighbors thought it was the funniest thing they ever saw!! But I didn't give up.

Is there any of that great looking bread left? I could use a slice with apple butter on it.

Well, it's late and I'm tired so I'll be back on tomorrow.

Good night sisters.

Marie
Old 03-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #624
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
I came back to the campfire too late to have a cup of coffee, but I did enjoy the story anyway, Carol.

I'm gonna throw another log on the fire for anyone who's staying up tonight, and I'll be up early for a fresh cup of coffee in the a.m.

Don't forget to spring forward with your clocks tonight, ladies.

g'night
-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #625
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'm very glad you liked the story ladies.

And Blue thanks for stopping by with daffodils! Girls isn't that such a nice surprise? Stop back anytime, there's always a bit of refreshments to share.

Marie, we're glad you found us at last. We understand you have been very busy after Terry's accident. It's wonderful you can finally pop over and have a little break with us. It always is a treat to get together with our sisters and looking forward to your visit tomorrow. I see your backing and hitching story is getting quite a few smiles and nods.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #626
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Yes!, a big welcome to Blue and Marie! Can I pour you a fresh cup of coffee this morning?

Marie -- I had my listening ears wide open for your backing and hitching stories as I have with all the sisters who've been sharing tips and tricks for mastering the art. This is my summer to work on it. I hope that when we get to the Summer Solstice rally in OH, the farm campground we'll be at will have a few extra acres somewhere to practice backing.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #627
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good morning,

Thanks for the hot coffee, I really needed it.

I remember our 1st trip out with the Argosy a few years back. I had no clue what to bring in the way of food, etc. but it's amazing how fast you learn.
Now I can have Goliath loaded before Terry is through backing it into the driveway.

I bought a little garden wagon, take it in the house, load it and drag it out and put the stuff away and poof, I'm done. I wish we had a way to keep it plugged in so I could keep the stuff n the fridge. But I do keep bottled water, the linens, etc. in it.

Usualy it's clothes and perishables that have to be put in before an outing.

When Cookie sees the coach being backed in, she get's excited and starts getting her toys, blanket and pushes her food dish near the door so we don't forget it. We have aluminium dishes in it for her, but she can't remember that. She's the 8 lb peek a poo who thinks she is an airstream dog. and she is.

Well need to go and eat, everyones welcome to join me in the Morrisons cafeteria at TGA, it's huge.
Marie
Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #628
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Guess what? We had rain yesterday!!! Yeah!!!! It wasn't snow...guess that's the first sign of spring! I was never so happy to have it rain...

I was so excited I baked a pie for dinner last night...I have some leftover, anybody want some to tie them over to lunch? It's apple.- goes great with coffee..I'll slice it small so everybody can have some...lord knows I don't need the whole thing! Marie - make sure to take a piece for Terry...

I also got in a reall nesting mood...made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce - it's in the crock pot now - should be done in time for dinner to go with that no-kneed bread..Mmmmm! There should be plenty to feed the whole campground tonight!

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0024.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	33785  
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #629
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning Shari!

I'd love some..just waiting for my hair being timed.. a 10 minute 'touch-up' vanity thing I do every 2 months or so..anyone out there color their locks?..
Old 03-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #630
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I did until about a year ago...blonde weave for years & years & years - when I lived in So Cal it was my natural color, then last year, I went with more of a light ash-brown...but I got sick of touching it up and I just hated the fact that my "roots" were coming in "light"! And Mr.InsideOut begged me (literally) to let if go natural...so I did. So now it's light ash brown with "aluminum" streaks. I don't "love it" but everybody else does ~ oh well!

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote