Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #861
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Sharon kept calling the flamingo's, Pelicans, dont ask me why, but it cracked me up so hard on Saturday night when she was in her nighty and was calling Andy's blowup Flamingos, Pelicans, it was great.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #862
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
SHaron kept calling the flamingo's, Pelicans, dont ask me why, but it cracked me up so hard on Saturday night when she was in her nighty and was calling Andy;'s blowup Flamingos, Pelicans, it was great.
Okay lets see - why are they pelicans - specifially Andy's only - a wind kicked up and them two "Pelicans" went hay wire - and I just know that Flamingos are much daintier birds but pelicans are just big clutzes - so that is why they became pelicans - I was missin someone and fornicating flamingos just did not have a nice ring to it but FP's did......

Hope I don't get any bad karma for this post just the facts of life girl....the Canadian Ice could have also had something to do with it
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #863
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Hey girls, spreading my wings a bit and exploring other threads on Forums. I like this thread, its a great idea. I just asked my husband if the next time we take off with the Safari if I can tow it! With practice of course. But I watch/help him get hooked up when we take it places so I know how to do all that (I actually tell him what to do for he forgets go figure). My biggest challenge...Backing up!

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Silvertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #864
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwin
Hey girls, spreading my wings a bit and exploring other threads on Forums. I like this thread, its a great idea. I just asked my husband if the next time we take off with the Safari if I can tow it! With practice of course. But I watch/help him get hooked up when we take it places so I know how to do all that (I actually tell him what to do for he forgets go figure). My biggest challenge...Backing up!
Hey welcome Holy.....

You know it girl you can do what ever you put your mind to and don't let anyone tell you different.....

We all have the backing up phobia - but I know someone here that can help with that - Carol....

When in doubt - check it out by getting out....no one is counting except those who have nothing better to do with their time.... and if all else fails and you are just not happy or just can not get it they way you want it - pull out take a circle around the block and come back with a fresh outlook or from a different approach....

Heck I have a little single axle - and I have to take 100 times sometimes just to land a tire on the the blocks we have on the driveway...but you know what - I don't care about anyone else and what they think of how I park or trailer my baby....cause I CAN TOW IT!!! and so can you!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #865
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Thanks Sharon,

I know that there is a ton of support for each other! And if I could count on pull-in sites at every campground, no problem but thats not the case so I will have to practice backing up. It shouldn't be hard but I have never done it so practice makes perfect (or as close to perfect as I can do). Thanks! WE ROCK!

By the way when is the next rally?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #866
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwin
.......By the way when is the next rally?
Not sure yet....there are a lot of ideas been tossed around here and there but nothing firmed up as yet....

I was just thinking even a bit of a small Caravan would be cool too - to get as much towing experience in as a group as possible - what ever the group may be at that particular time.....

I think some here were thinking of trying to get another one in late September or October - just before the snow flys for many of us northerners....
Old 08-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #867
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Holly, love your avatar! You tow girl. Don't go by me for backing up, there are times I have gotten it lined up the first time and then there are times like the Louapalooza when I couldn't get it right no matter what. LOL!

A caravan would be cool. And maybe Lou and the girls will have the banners and flags ready too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #868
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Wow look what I missed last night!

Hey sisters!!

Last night I was up on a ladder using a hot iron and a wet towel to steam and then pull the decals off the trailer (they were peeling off) so you know what the neighbors were saying about this "peculiar woman" as they powerwalked past I think a few got whiplash couldn't believe their eyes-- 'did I see what I thought I saw'

Well I have permission to share Jamie's fiber art with you so here goes, the first (my photos don't do either justice sorry) is the Airstream dishcloth and the second is the Darrel Waltrip dishcloth... Jamie thanks, you know I did tear up when I got them in the mail, you are so sweet to do this!!

If you were at the MD rally and toured our trailer you saw these on the table with a sign dishcloths by Jamie!! This girl can tow, knit, sew, spin her own yarn, write articles, draw, paint, arrange rocks...the list goes on and on!! I think my talent is to appreciate the talents of others!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jamies airstream dishcloth.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	43043  
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #869
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Holly, love your avatar! You tow girl. Don't go by me for backing up, there are times I have gotten it lined up the first time and then there are times like the Louapalooza when I couldn't get it right no matter what. LOL!

A caravan would be cool. And maybe Lou and the girls will have the banners and flags ready too.
Thanks I like my avatar too it was cool finding it althought I had to alter the saying...I will tow soon! Yeah well like you said when you where at Louapolooza you had nothing parallel to go by when backing up. I can understand that! Jason had trouble there too and we had Rhonda & Dave next to us to go by!

It will make me proud when I tow! I want everyone to look and say "take a look at that, the girl is towing the trailer!" YOU BET I AM!

Old 08-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #870
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
HA, I guess Im the first at something, I was the first girl to Tow!

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #871
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We need special merit ribbons! Ours can be little girlie bows in pastels like Sharon's pretty Canadian money.

Anyone have one of those Lansing International memo holders? I would love to make something like that for our Airstream? Like I am gone so far to receive written communications, LOL! Well they are cool anyway. I think I had to put out a ziplock with a pencil on a string at Salem.

photography
Old 08-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #872
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Gals,, yep Carol,, that is what we did in Salem,, wow,, that seems so long ago,,, looking forward to the International in Bozeman,, a bit closer for me,, hope to see lots of you gals there,, have a great time streamin,,, happy trails,, donna in montana
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #873
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Donna. Time sure flys except when we are waiting for Bozeman then it seems so long away! Time to get together again, yes long overdue.

photography
Old 08-17-2007, 04:36 AM   #874
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Maybricks
Hi
Good thread! Can I join in too?
I'm in England and seem to work 24/7...
I almost envy you lot in the States and often drool over the locations of the meets
Maybricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #875
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverconnie
Hi Good thread! Can I join in too?
Hi Connie, sure, welcome!! Tell us about yourself!!
Yes, we are lucky here to have such diverse places to camp...
You've got wonderful places in the UK and Europe to camp too! A long time ago I camped near Ashburton at River Dart Country Park - Home course I had a tent then. Dartmoor was so beautiful.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #876
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Well thank you!

I know Ashburton! It was the last place we broke down in... we blocked a gas station forecourt off with a chevy, a globetrotter and a recovery vehicle that had a classic award piggy back and was towing a Safari... lol
sure is a pretty place tho.. and nice people too

I yearn to travel but can't at the minute tho I will at some point. I have 2 dogs, am single, no kids, have a small business buying and selling vintage American trailers and English classic caravans. We also rent them as statics so we do get to go to some unusual places! Apart from that there seems to no time for anything else... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hi Connie, sure, welcome!! Tell us about yourself!!
Yes, we are lucky here to have such diverse places to camp...
You've got wonderful places in the UK and Europe to camp too! A long time ago I camped near Ashburton at River Dart Country Park - Home course I had a tent then. Dartmoor was so beautiful.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #877
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

The Silver Sisters welcome you! OMG! I just realized we've gone INTERNATIONAL!!! I believe the whole concept is a first - as far as Airstreams go - and our own Rivette, Carol, got the ball rolling. The best thing about Silver Sisters is you can drop by anytime, throw a log on the fire if it's chilly, share some wine, hot cocoa & s'mors. Things will pick up when winter/cold hits. Hope to "see" you often virtually and do think about a real time visit to our neck of the woods for a rally sometime. It could be a business trip for you

We Can Tow It,
sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #878
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
welcome,

We are glad to hear that you are another "sister". It sounds like you have that aluminitus addiction for sure!!! Welcome! We are always glad to have company!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #879
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Hi Sue

Indeed this is now international and I need a translator... wots s'mors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
The Silver Sisters welcome you! OMG! I just realized we've gone INTERNATIONAL!!! I believe the whole concept is a first - as far as Airstreams go - and our own Rivette, Carol, got the ball rolling. The best thing about Silver Sisters is you can drop by anytime, throw a log on the fire if it's chilly, share some wine, hot cocoa & s'mors. Things will pick up when winter/cold hits. Hope to "see" you often virtually and do think about a real time visit to our neck of the woods for a rally sometime. It could be a business trip for you

We Can Tow It,
sue
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #880
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Thank you for the warm welcome. I do have heavy aluminitus... I find it gets itchy when the good weather comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We are glad to hear that you are another "sister". It sounds like you have that aluminitus addiction for sure!!! Welcome! We are always glad to have company!