Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #821
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Suz,
I am glad that the card arrived safely. It is alot of fun to make the spinner cards. I am going to bring a few to the Metro-Detroit rally if I can fit them into the van. I figure that the "girls" can find a time to sneak away for a "stamp in" if we get a notion to do so!
The company that makes the AS rubber is here:
Stamp As We Go Rubberstamps
They have a whole line of trailers and tow vehicles etc. that make a fine pair. Let them know that Lou sent you there, please. My friend, dieterdog, (Donna) found a couple and gave them to me. I have found nice flamingo and a palm tree and away I go!!! LOL Have fun shopping!

Thanks for the info Lou. The A/S's are really detailed aren't they?

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #822
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Those stamps are adorable Lou!! Thanks for sharing ordering info!!
Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #823
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
your are welcome

Those rubberstamps are VERY detailed. As a matter of fact if you stamp them very carefully with Versamark ink you can read the name Airstream on the trailers.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #824
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carol, thanks for the campfire song! We sang this in girl scouts so many years ago (!) but all I could remember was the first line, one I've quoted and "sung" lots of times. Now I have the whole thing. Bravo! If any of you have missed it, you should look up Airstream Gypsy's postings about the building of her beautiful adobe home. Perhaps she'll share that site with us again so we all can appreciate her creativity Pleeeese? And Sue, don't feel alone. I promise myself that I'll play the bass viol and sing like Streisand in another life, do watercolor to die for, dance all kinds of dances, just be a Renaissance woman. . .sometime! I'm a no-talent gal, but I love the talents of everyone around me. Surely appreciation is worth something, eh? You've got company---me! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #825
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I just wanted to share my cool card that Lou made for me! I just love the barefoot woman hanging over the fence and of course the flamingo and Airstream in the back. Life is not a dress rehearsal! Live a little...how true!!! You made my day with this Lou as I am sure you did all of us with our personalized cards. I tell you I understand Suz and G (but you two are being far too modest!) but I do agree talent abounds amongst these silver sisters of ours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lou1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	41187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Loui.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	41188  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #826
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow - go to a party and look at all the activity I missed here!

Sue - you have a talent!!!! we are not allowed to share it on a respectable forum like this but Girl you give the best!!!

So not true Sue - you do absolutely amazing things with Orange Pop!

Okay serious now, I am sure you have something that you really like to do cause that's all it is - just an interest in something that gives you pleasure. The fact that you mastered hooking up CupCake and have the courage to tow - is a feat in itself - this other stuff some of us do is just the gravy

Besides you were brought to the group so that we could shower you with all these talents you deserve it cause we said so!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #827
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Lou;

Just wanted to make sure it was okay before I posted...

It was perfect timing - I was not having one of my best days and Lou's card came - it was such a wonderful surprise - and absolutely perfect. I am so glad that I can share it with you all....

Oh and Lou you have got Carol down to a Tea - ha ha....hanging at the fence - just love the Hat...Next thing we will hear is that Carol has taken her Airstream and Brad off to Paris France or something...

What a wonderful talent Stamping is - I loved being Stamped - thanks!

And yes I would be honoured to stamp with me at the METDET rally
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8320.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	41191   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8321.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	41192  

Old 07-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #828
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lets see what have I missed.....

Yes Jamie - windchimes - I don't really have a favorite - I just love them all - I do like the more expensive ones as their sound is just so lovely.

But some of the metal ones are really nice too.
I am going to try my hand at making some out of silver. There was a lady at the Paradise Park - Airstream Park in Punta Gorda Florida - at one of the Shed Sales - her husband made them out of old silver cultery = they just had such a beautiful sound. I was at an auction last summer and bout a box of odds and sods for $5.00 filled with miss matched silver creamers and sugar bowls that are used to hand the forks and knives and spoons from - they are flattened to make the sound - mostly....

I do like the bambo chimes too - but I have not made one yet - We had some of those old oil lamps that are on the bamboo poles - well the lamps rusted long ago - so instead of tossing them in the trash I cut them up into different lengths ready to make wood wind chimes but anothe project for a winter day when I am bored hug yeah like I get bored right???

Here are a few that I have around the house, bunkie and my yard - I am sure I have more but cannot remember where they all are.....

I usually set them all outside haning in the trees around the house -but I have just been so busy lately they are all still hanging in the winter spots indoors....

Ps that is LadyBugs little Puppy in one of the pictures.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8432.jpg
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	41193   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8434.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	41194  

Name:	100_8435.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	41195   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8438.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	41196  

Name:	100_8437.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	41197   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8439.jpg
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	41198  

Name:	100_8440.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	41199   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8441.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	41200  

Name:	100_8442.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	41201   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8443.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	41202  

Old 07-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #829
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet wind chimes

There's something else one can do with wind chimes. One can put them out for that annoying neighbor who doesn't really like chimes. (a little snarky? why yes it is!!! )

sue

Sharon, you have such a lovely and LARGE area in which to display and enjoy your chimes.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #830
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
There's something else one can do with wind chimes. One can put them out for that annoying neighbor who doesn't really like chimes. (a little snarky? why yes it is!!! )

sue

NO way it is the annoying neighbouring water fountains that work the best!!!

Hi Suzzzzzz - look out her it come - ahhhhh thanks that was a really good one - and you say you have no talents girl - you are so dead wrong - anyone who can put a smile on my face!!! Is on the A+++ list....
Old 07-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #831
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Way to chime in Sharon!!

Sue and Georgia, you are being too modest!!

Sue you are an awesome caravan navigator, back/hitcher, and rivette entertainer! Those were just a few talents we witnessed, I'm sure there's more! Looking forward to Metro D rally.

Georgia I've read about many of your great hobbies like weaving, tacking up headliners, etc!!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #832
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh Georgia I forgot too- can you pm me with your e-mail so I can send you a the little music file....

PS to all you gals out there - who made it to the Rally and to the gals here that have not quite made it out yet....

I just wanted to say that I do not know about anyone else out there - but I am NOW having the time of my life - the sky is the limit!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #833
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Suz and Georgia -- what Sharon and Steph said. Anyone who can light up a gathering, and bring out a smile on everyone's face like Suz can is blessed with one of the greatest talents of all. And, Georgia, I would add all that and your writing to the list of your talents I have enjoyed.

Sharon -- Cool wind chimes! I really love your collection. The girls and I picked up a book at the library this week on making Woodland Birdhouses and now you've given me some great new ideas! Steph -- Thanks for the link to the chimes online! Isn't it neat that you can listen to them on the computer and choose the sound you like?

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #834
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Scones anyone? some nice herbal tea?

Just made the King Arthur Flour mix Cranberry Orange scones, hard to walk away from and so easy to make. I keep sneaking back into the kitchen for just another little piece... Sisters help me out and eat some!!! Wow I think this is the best tasting mix I've had yet...gonna try blueberry sour cream next weekend...

Oh wow Jamie that book looks so cool! You get the best books! That is definitely on my to get list! It looks like a fantasy woodland theme, that's about where I'm going with my front yard...

We picked up a gourd in Cherokee, NC this year that had a hole drilled in it, and the birds love it. Have a nesting pair there. No action in our bluebird houses though, maybe next year...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 AM   #835
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Just made the King Arthur Flour mix Cranberry Orange scones, hard to walk away from and so easy to make. I keep sneaking back into the kitchen for just another little piece...
Oh, yum! That's one of our favorites! The girls like it with mini chocolate chips mixed in. Thanks! I'll just help myself...

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 AM   #836
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Perfect. Steph you are spoiling us. mmm good, thank you! What are every one's plans for today? It's a beautiful day I think I will mosey around outside and in the Airstream.

photography
Old 07-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #837
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
packing

Hi All! Larry is working on the gray water valve...which is having issues. And I am trying to get stuff packed for this coming weekend. We are having the N. Ohio Rally at Findley State Park. Wish you could all attend!!! Trying to figure out just what food to bring and hoping I can think of something that will be cool and refreshing. We are in the midst of a hot and dry spell...still!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 AM   #838
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Have a great rally Lou! Sure wish we could make it, we'll be thinking of you! I think Fritzi might be towing soon, I like Carol's idea of sprinkling magic rivette dust on her at LPPI in August....
Old 07-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #839
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hi, girls! Writing this from the edge of Yellowstone River. Iced tea and one of Steph's cranberry scones would put me over the top. Did any of you follow the thread about state avatars? You'll find a link to a maker of state tea towels and a forum member's method of turning them into pillows for her Airstream. I think I'm going to copy this idea, order up Montana and 'Wyoming and have a go. More on this later. . .lots later, like after winter! Please note than I am now a really-o wifi user--sitting out in the rarified mountain air and tending to my forum business! My, the places we'll go! We CAN do it ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #840
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Georgia are you are that park not far from Livingston? It is amazing talking to you live from Yellowstone. How's the weather? I haven't a scone how about a bagel?

photography