Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #801
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Carol,, yep,, taking the Bambi,, as it will go around the trees,,, fishing is a great sport for women,, placing a fly is easier because of our attention to detail,,, give it a try,, i know Michigan has water,,, lol,,, take care,, happy trails,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 AM   #802
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Steph -- thanks for bringing your fishing gear to the rally. I had a lotta fun practicing casting. Now I'm ready to get out there and give it a try. For you women looking for classes, there is an international program for "outdoors women" that offers classes by state or region, Becoming an Outdoors Woman. But Steph mentioned that she took a "co-ed" class and did just as well there. The classes alone sound like a lot of fun.

Just watched "The Long, Long Trailer" for the first time (thanks, Carol, for loaning it out!) and noticed the girls in our family have something in common with Lucy's character. One daughter collects rocks wherever she travels, and I collect jams and preserves from places I visit. Are these common themes for you other womenfolk? Do you also collect rocks and jams when you're out traveling?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #803
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Jamie;

The Long Long Trailer has to one of the all time greats whether into trailering, r'ving, or just hanging out at the trailer park - which I have only ever had the opportunity to do once.

So many different parts of that movie remind Peter and I of all our follies in only a couple of years with the airstream's and we have not even really begun to "Travel" YET!!!

The rock collection, as well as the display arrangement was really unique in front of Sally at the Rally that rhymes a poet in the making - STOP! Your Girls have I think some interior decorating skills too. And sure do know how to make a mean chocolate drizzle marsh-mellow over the camp fire!

I know someone here who could write some pretty amazing children's plays - eh Steph!!! arrrrbeadar

flyfishing - Me too Steph - to bad it was raining I would have love to learn more on the flyfishing. Just in that little bit of time it was like I had to really come down and relax so that I could get the "feel" of the line....

I now, also know that another member of our group has a beautiful "stamping talent" - Lou perhaps you would let me post the pictures I took?? of the absolutely lovely surprise I received in the mail yesterday - to show all hear!

I am a collector of sorts - I should be into the fine china and nice things but I'm not. I collect "things" just stuff out of the forest that I find on my walks - like a single antler or a piece of birch chewed by a beaver. - I love wind chimes and would say I am well on my way as to having a collection. Rocks and shells have always been a fascination since I was a little girl. I will always remember my walks along the beach with my Aunty May and picking up the shaped glass and atlantic sea shells. They just have to be unique or just something that catches my eye - the combination of colours or the swirls that intrigue your thoughts. When we went to PEI I was enthralled at the small pieces of driftwood.

Although I just recently acquired a special LadyBug - I have always know them as LadyBirds and used to collect them quite often as a young girl and was fascinated at their round shells and spots.

On the opposite spectrum I have a huge adoration for Polar Bears!!! Perhaps that is the reason I love the Norwegian breed of Golden Retrievers (Creamies) but the two I have had are almost white - just like a little polar bear!!

....and this is what I mean.... just a few things I have in my office and around the house

oh yes I forgot I have a new lease on aluminum and love aluminum pieces!!! hmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8323.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	41068   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8324.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	41069  

Name:	100_8326.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	41070   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8325.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	41071  

Name:	100_8329.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	41072   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8331.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	41073  

Name:	100_8334.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	41074   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8332.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	41075  

Name:	100_8336.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	41077  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #804
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, your pieces, and Jamie, your collection remind me of one of my favorite activities when we travel and camp. The Inuit make inuksut, stacks of rock with symbolic and spiritual meaning. In that tradition, I gather stones that speak to me with color, shape, texture while in a region. Near our camp, I stack and arrange these so they balance and capture the essence of the place. I find that gathering and stacking stones to make inuksut is an incredibly quiet, reflective time on a trip, and leaving the inuksut behind is a gift to the next campers in that place and a memory for me. Now, I've shared a very introspective part of me, silly? Sort of, and being playful with the stones is part of the magic of inuksut. Maybe some of you will join me in this pasttime. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #805
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Georgia that is very neat. We love discoveries of little rock stacks on our trips (a few times have even found a tiny snowman in different places) Now I have learned more about them and you. I do get a lift from happening upon someone's deliberate collection and efforts and their unexpected surprise.

Sharon love your collectables. Brad has the polar bear picture in his office and my son collects penquins. I used to collect horses but I will have to straighten this place up to be able to see what I have been acquiring, underneath the collection of dust.

I know I am always sticking things in my pockets, a stone, a feather, a shell, a pine cone. Then that becomes the center piece on the table or counter of the AS for the trip.

Jamie, I love that movie too. I can watch it over and over. Great idea to share our collections. Nice posts.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #806
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Georgia -- Yes! My daughter makes the little rock stacks wherever she goes. She even has an area in the yard (a secret garden) where she sets these up. When we picked up a load of flat racks at Lake Erie on our way to Ohio, she set up the rock garden at each new campsite, and left some stacks on the lake too.

Carol, the movie is great! Like Sharon said, there is so much in there that reminds me of our Airstream experience. And don't you just Love Lucy?? In the part where she decides she wants to drive, my daughter said, "What's he getting so mad about? She's doing better than he was!"

Sharon -- I love windchimes too, but don't have any yet. I keep looking at them everywhere I go. I keep looking for something really unique, and I just haven't found the perfect chimes yet. Dang, am I picky or what?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #807
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
collections

Hi, y'all! Yep, Sharon, you may post the pictures of the rubberstamped card if you would like. I collect rubberstamps and have wayyyyyy too many as Larrita will tell you. I am still working on sending out cards to Jamie and Paula. They should be mailed tomorrow.
My mother is a china painter so I collect her china paintings, usually on plates and tiles and cups and stuff. It is so huge that it has outgrown my cabinets.
Sharon, thanks so much for the music files. I am going to figure out how to save them to my folder so that I can play them while I am NOT reading these threads. LOL
I decided that I am NOT the green thumb in the family. Larry was the farmer, so I leave it up to him. We have a beautiful garden of tomatoes. Not growing very fast here because it has been too dry, but I am watering.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #808
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Sharon -- I love windchimes too, but don't have any yet. I keep looking at them everywhere I go. I keep looking for something really unique, and I just haven't found the perfect chimes yet. Dang, am I picky or what?

-J
Jamie, have you seen the beautiful chimes that are tuned to specific musical scales? They are wonderful!!! A little on the spendy side, as Donna would say!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #809
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Jamie, have you seen the beautiful chimes that are tuned to specific musical scales? They are wonderful!!! A little on the spendy side, as Donna would say!
No, I haven't seen these chimes. Do you have them? Where do you get them?

Sharon -- what are your favorite chimes? Anybody else have recommendations?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #810
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
wind chimes

Larry and I were at Hobby Lobby looking at them. They had a really nice selection and you could pick a major or minor scale/chord. They are also sold at some of the local festivals that we have been to in the past. Do you have Hobby Lobby there?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #811
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I love two extremes of wind chimes. I've seen some that are tiny and ring the lightest rippling fairynotes in a breeze. On the other hand, somewhere I saw some large chimes, made I believe from buoys??, that bong-g-g with deep mellow tones that hang in the air and that you can actually feel to your toes. I have neither, only a couple of very ordinary chimes, but I really covet the ones I described. (I know, we are not to covet anything. . .) ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #812
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Sisters love to hear about your collections!!

Sharon your artistic abilities are showing just in the way you display your lovely collections!

Jamie, we have lovely rocks on beaches in Michigan, nice places to camp too(lure) come on back thisaway!!

Lou, your stamping is awesome!! The homemade cards mean so much, they are lovely and you know the person put so much time and effort into it, I save/frame them.

Carol, I think you also collect with your talent and the camera very lovely images of people/places/animals at various moments in time!

Oh Georgia I'd love to see a picture of one of your inuksuts. What a way to honor the place/beings you camp in/with.

Oh Lou Hobby Lobby!! Such a fun place!! Jamie good luck finding just the right windchime! I've enjoyed the little woodstock chimes, some are a little spendy but the sound is great. Some are tuned to Gregorian chants even. I leave them out all year and they've been holding up. I like hearing chimes in the dead of winter, makes me feel like spring is coming!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #813
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
How Remiss I Have Been

Okay I am printing out all 800+ message to read, then I'll post to our Silver Sisters Online Rally! Yay! Keep it going, you all are great!

Suzanne
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #814
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Suzanne, how is your house in Colorado? Isn't yours the one you posted all the photos and steps of construction? If it's the one I'm thinking of, you had a marvelously creative process. ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 07-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #815
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet Rivettes Got Talent

Boy! Am I ever in great company!! My Silver Sisters have wonderful talents...... I can't think of a one for myself. I'm jealous even. Lou, thank you for the lovely card - I love the spinning butterfly. I took a little class a couple of years ago on a Sat a.m. and it was fun. I have a couple of stamps and some very sm. snowflake stamps and I should make some gift tags or something and maybe a few special cards for a few special friends. Hummmm. Lou, do you know what company makes the Airstream stamp?

Jamie I like wind chimes too. Maybe the coolest one I've ever seen was made from a smallish oxygen tank with a heavy leather "clapper" coming out at the bottom. Deep tone. There are a lot of artsy places and galleries in the Traverse City area. You could consign your art!a Rally destination? I've seen stone piles before and didn't know why they were there. This is done, I think, in many cultures - I believe I read of Japanese? Not sure but the concept seems to be in vogue at this time.

Sad I know, I never got into the habit of taking pictures (or making bread -yum) where ever I go. Carol you do such a nice job of it and could catch a Lady Bug in flight! I didn't know you, sharon, had never rallied or towed before. You and Peter sure know how to put 'em back on the road though evidenced by your own photography. Showcasing your decorating talents at home & on wheels! (key board for the road? think about it)

Steph learning to fly fish & tie flies. Michigan Out Doors here she comes. The Fly Fisher Queen!!! And you cook too!! Quiche, very sinful quiche. Vickie and the beautiful assortment of "tea" time treats, why I'm positively in awe.

Paula, business owner, well traveled and full timer w/tons of A/S knowledge, moonlights as a bandana mfg.

I'm not sure exactly where I fit in but I know I'm in good hands and that we could take this show on the road!
The possibilities are staggering!!

There must be other would-be sisters out there. Join us or form a group from your own locale. I highly recommend it!

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #816
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Paula? Michelle? Rivettes where are you?

Where is Paula ? I don't remember seeing a post from her in a long time. Where are you ??? And has anyone heard from Michelle? I think of her everytime they show news of flying firefighters and hope she stays safe where ever she is.

Let us know what's up silver sisters.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #817
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Boy! Am I ever in great company!! My Silver Sisters have wonderful talents...... I can't think of a one for myself. I'm jealous even. Lou, thank you for the lovely card - I love the spinning butterfly. I took a little class a couple of years ago on a Sat a.m. and it was fun. I have a couple of stamps and some very sm. snowflake stamps and I should make some gift tags or something and maybe a few special cards for a few special friends. Hummmm. Lou, do you know what company makes the Airstream stamp?
suz
Suz,
I am glad that the card arrived safely. It is alot of fun to make the spinner cards. I am going to bring a few to the Metro-Detroit rally if I can fit them into the van. I figure that the "girls" can find a time to sneak away for a "stamp in" if we get a notion to do so!
The company that makes the AS rubber is here:
Stamp As We Go Rubberstamps
They have a whole line of trailers and tow vehicles etc. that make a fine pair. Let them know that Lou sent you there, please. My friend, dieterdog, (Donna) found a couple and gave them to me. I have found nice flamingo and a palm tree and away I go!!! LOL Have fun shopping!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #818
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Yup that's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Suzanne, how is your house in Colorado? Isn't yours the one you posted all the photos and steps of construction? If it's the one I'm thinking of, you had a marvelously creative process. ~G
Still building. This week I am painting my ceiling a lovely faux adobe two color combo. Hope it works.

I am also still reading this thread.

Hey, has anyone sung any camp songs lately? I know it is early but I really like them. And a small log on the campfire, seeing as it is hot out and many areas are banning fires. But I like my coffee over a campfire. Sure wish I had that trout I cooked a couple of days ago. Great in an old iron skillet for breakfast.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Campfire3.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	41155  
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #819
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Great avatar AG! Campfire coffee and a singalong ok here's one of my favorites,

Make new friends, But keep the old, One is silver, And the other gold.
A circle's round, It has no end, Thats how long, I want to be your friend,
You hold me, And I'll hold you, Then together, We will make it through.
I have a hand, And you have another, Put them together, And we have each other.
Sew good friends, Wherever you may roam, You'll be welcome, In my heart and home.
A fire burns bright, It warms the heart, We've been friends Right from the very start.
New made friends, Like new made wine Grow and mature, To the end of the time.
Friends like you, Are one of a kind, Very special, And hard to find.
Friends are real, And friends are true, If you love them, They will love you too.
Cherish friendship, In your breast New is good, But old is best.
Across the miles, Across the sea Friends forever, We will always be.
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #820
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamGypsy
Sure wish I had that trout I cooked a couple of days ago. Great in an old iron skillet for breakfast.
Oh that sounds great!! Nothing better than fresh fish! I would love to know what you served it with!! We have amazing perch from our Great Lakes so good for breakfast!!