Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Meet up at Moraine

Georgia, that would be great to be able to meet up with you at Moraine. Jeff and I will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary on the 8th. A splash (or two) of Bailey's would be great way to celebrate. I sure hope you can make it! Be sure and bring plenty of pictures of that new grandbaby, too. I hope to see you on the sign up list.

Oh my, I just happened to think it says no alcohol. How can that be?

Until then, here's mud in your eye!

Vickie

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
GT6921, That Airstream is sooooo awesome! What's the word on two? Does hubby wonder what you'll do with two? I ask because I just may be on the path to 2...... I just want to collect though, not sell,,, though it sounds absurd when I say it .

Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #45
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Tossing another piece of wood on the fire

Wow this is a great campfire group!

I am really inspired by the stories from all the streaming sisters, I think its so true about having the attitude piece in place, really that's all we control in this life anyways is how we react/approach it. I will surely be taking you up on that advice at the solstice rally Paula!!

Sharon your new baby is so sweet!! I can't wait to see the transformation!!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #46
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I think I'll start marinating the steaks for dinner. A little red wine, some garlic, bit of freshly ground pepper....any one want to add something else??? And, of course, you can't start cooking without a little wine to go with it.

I remember when I first towed my little 23 foot Safari. I had divorced my husband (not a bad thing), and decided I wasn't leaving without her. So, I got him to show my how to hook her up and off I went. The first trip was 3 hours on the freeway and through the mountains. A friends 17 year old daughter and a Brittney Spaniel were with me. They argued over who was going to sit in the front bucket seat until they both gave in and shared. Another friend was behind me towing a canoe rack with 6 canoes. She had never towed either. The other girls were meeting us there when they got off work. We didn't have one bit of trouble, even backed her in perfectly the first time.

For the return trip, we hooked her up and towed her home. Then I had trouble backing her in the driveway and had to call someone. Thankfully, he gave me very good instructions and I haven't had any problems since. Well, there was that time that I ran off the road looking at the Harley's that were passing us, but that's another story. I'll take another glass of wine now. Anyone else???
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
I think I'll start marinating the steaks for dinner. A little red wine, some garlic, bit of freshly ground pepper....any one want to add something else??? And, of course, you can't start cooking without a little wine to go with it. I'll take another glass of wine now. Anyone else???

Not fair!! It's only 1:15 here, maybe I'll go make a cappucino, till 5(ish)!!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Well gals,,, i offer encouragement and a warm cup of coffee,,, was mainly speaking about those small gas stations with 2 pumps,, you know the kind,,, ick,,, lots of those out here and some are few and far between,,, Judy,, keep practicing,, i find that by keeping the wheels straight on the tow vehicle is the solution,, and getting out and looking,,, lots,, lol,,,, smaller trailers like the Bambi,, will turn on their own,, so you have to always watch the trailer wheels and correct before it gets way off ,,, hope the fire is still burning brightly,, wish it was Spring,, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! donna
Old 01-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #49
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Grillin some veggies too

Wow Kathy you've got the protein set up there for sure with the wine!!

How bout some portabello mushrooms, vidalia onions, roasted red peppers, and some zucchini on the side....Paula Deen advises to saute everything in butter maybe I'll grill some without butter so I can eat some more of Jamie's Belgian chocolate....

Donna I hear ya about those tight gas stations. I'm hoping to be able to plan ahead the fuel stops for larger truck stops (we have a diesel truck)...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yum Steph! It doesn't get any better than steak, veggies, and red wine and chocolate. Everybody watch I am going to put those colored crystals in to change the flame color. Oooo Where's the stir stick? BARON bring back that stick, that's not for you!!! Oh gee. I'll be right back I have to go put him back in the trailer.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Hey...I think it's almost Spring down here I know this because the Wal-Mart is putting out the lawn furniture and mulch. Oh boy, I need to go get my Argosy and start practicing. NAH!!!! I'll go get him and go camping in a pull through. Maybe just leave him in the yard, which my husband made into a pull through, and have fun finishing up some projects. I can't wait.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #52
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I just love those colored crystals. The blues and greens are so relaxing. Hey, Carol, did you find Baron with that poker? I think it's time to add another log to the fire!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks. Yea here's the poker and I brought you a refill. This cab is good.

I have been thinking what if we all just hitched up the Airstreams to our bikes, then we won't have to even stop in those gas stations and we can eat all we want without guilt.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
If you're coming to the Summer Solstice rally I'll be glad to sit with you in your tow vehicle and try to help you figure out what's getting in the way of your success. Paula
And don't forget I will be the one on the far side with the clip board counting all the pylons you have trashed

Just kidding - great description Paula - that must have been pretty scary in the dark - but what an opportunity with two "Young Coppers" phew just to think if there was several of us Rivettes looking for our Rally campground and we got lost and those two young bloods happened upon us -OMG.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
How about a nice big jumbo shrimp resting on a bed of ice cold crisp lettuce with a distinctly Sour Cream and seafood sauce combo that hints of my Honey Moon in Cancun Mexico....

Wish it was a beach fire - but an open fire behind our house this past November is the best I can do to stoke up the last evening blue flame fire. That Annie actually was in attendance with her "bedwarmer" and puppies....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6207.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	31541  
Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Joining the rally girls...

Hi Everyone! It has been fun reading this thread and learning a little about everyone. I am so inspired by all the enthusiasm and encouragement here.

We just bought our '67 Safari this past Summer, so I'm new to Airstreams and trailering in general. I grew up tent camping but as I got older, I found it getting more and more inconvenient and uncomfortable to be worth all the effort .

Buying a vintage Airstream was entirely MY idea and my husband is still not really on board 100% with me. He enjoys camping in it but to him, the Airstream is just another long list of "honey do's," so he's keeping his distance for now. And, I can't blame him, he does so much for us - working full-time, and remodeling our fixer house into an amazing showcase of his talent. So, for now, the AS is my deal...and that's OK with me.

My reasons for wanting the Airstream were first, to have an excuse to get the family away from the frenzied pace, and second, for my kids, ages 4 and 6. I wanted them to have some of the wonderful experiences I had camping with my nature-loving parents, to see how big the world is, to appreciate the outdoors. So far, it's been a big hit. We've has some great times camping at the beach and in the mountains, and we've been to two NorCal Rallys that were just a blast.

Honestly, it only recently sunk in (I'm a little slow) that my trailer could also be my escape pod. A ticket to a weekend, should I say it out loud...alone?...without kids?...with my treasured girlfriends? Ah, the possibilites make me positively giddy. Now, all I have to do is learn all the in's and out's of hitching, towing, backing, leveling, etc. But, I know I'm in the right place to learn all this stuff, and I'm lucky to have the West Coast trailer chickas to give me my first lessons in girl-stream power at the rally in March. So, I'll toss another log on the fire and crack open another bottle of something delightful to share with my silver sisters!

Cheers!