Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #533
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Has anyone successfully traced their family tree without having the benefit of family records? I have thought of trying to do this.

I don't know if I have a bump on my head but I feel I may have once been a warrior princess in a previous life. Do we owe the tradition of Xmas trees to the Druids?

What a wonderful mother daughter trip and 60th bday trip. (Nothing worn under the kilts?!)

Tell us more, please.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #534
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Has anyone successfully traced their family tree without having the benefit of family records? I have thought of trying to do this.
Genealogy is fun and addictive Carol. Census records can help fill in gaps. The public libraries in Michigan have free access for patrons on site to ancestry.com and heritage quest, which have census records for all states going way back, also some records from the UK and Europe. There's a free 1880 US census/1881 British/1881 Canadian census on family search The Church of Latter Day Saints has lots of reading room resources too, and there's no pressure to join, many researchers use their reading rooms as they collect lots of genealogical info.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #535
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Sisters.. My paternal grandmother came from England and was a Barnardo Child... a story in itself.. all my grandparents are from the British Isles... no Celtic head here.. must check out my son's head ... his father is from the Fraser clan...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #536
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Nancy and Steph, and Carol,
I notice you three are in Michigan -
What's the weather like around late July through early August?..my hubby and I have a potential conference we might attend that time in Grand Rapids?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #537
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
And Vickie! Vickie has a seasonal site at River Ridge RV Resort right there around Grand Rapids. I think I feel another Rivette Rush in the making! Suz is not too far from the area also. I have camped there to visit Vickie several times. Great park and only 3 hours from our house. The weather can vary from hot to moderate but except for a occassional heat wave it isn't usually too hot at all. Maybe someone will post the temp ranges. Wonder if your schedule will allow time to try to get together.

photography
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #538
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
.....and the imported GT6921 - now LadyBug a Michy wannabee
Old 03-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #539
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
one more please

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
And Vickie! Vickie has a seasonal site at River Ridge RV Resort right there around Grand Rapids. I think I feel another Rivette Rush in the making! Suz is not too far from the area also. I have camped there to visit Vickie several times. Great park and only 3 hours from our house. The weather can vary from hot to moderate but except for a occassional heat wave it isn't usually too hot at all. Maybe someone will post the temp ranges. Wonder if your schedule will allow time to try to get together.
Yes, Vickie too from Michigan!!..I didn't realize the majority of the gals are from Michigan!!!..we took our safari all the way to Wisconsin several years ago..that was fun..and we stayed just outside of Madison at a KOA..then drove into town to the conference and activities..it would be another 2-3 week trip for sure!!..if we drove across, that would be cool to meet up with y'all..I'll have to do some serious talking w/my hubby
Old 03-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #540
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
and a very fine import indeed.

photography
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #541
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
What's the weather like around late July through early August?..
Why its just great then! Paula, I sure hope you can make it! I would love to meet you and Steve!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #542
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Steph, we've been posting back and forth on so many different threads, I feel like I've known you forever...hahaha
Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #543
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Paula,

The end of July and the first of August in an average year will be low's in the 50's with high's in the mid-80 range. But please note I stated "average". There has been nothing average about the weather for about the last year. Grand Rapids is halfway between where I live and where we have a seasonal campsite. We, Michigan Rivettes, are always looking for a reason for a Rivette Rush. My family has a commitment the last week of July but if you would still be here for a few days in August will be at the campground. River Ridge RV Resort is about 40 miles north of Grand Rapids and Hidden Ridge RV Resort is about 30 miles south of Grand Rapids. Either of these are very nice destinations.

Let us know if we can help any further as time gets closer. We would love to meet a sister Western Rivette!

Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy)
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #544
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hey Sharon,

How is the progress going on Lady Bug? I don't know about you but I am really tired of looking out the windows to see MORE snow falling. Boy, is spring going to be sweet!!! The weather forecaster said something about some 40's and 50's coming up. I'll believe that when I see it. Ice dams are already backing up and the snow blower broke on Sunday. Please NO MORE!

So, I hear that you and Peter are going to be making another trip over the bridge. You are letting Peter come with you aren't you? When will that be? How are you getting the frig from California? You are unbelievable! How do you find all these things?

I can hardly wait to see Lady Bug all spiffed up!!!

Keep warm up there,

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #545
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Vickie;

BRRRR it has been way too cold these last few days - so cold that the heater we have wired up to LadyBug would have to be run on high for 2 days just for me to get in there.

So as you see I have moved into logistics again - it all counts - this latest effort is all about finding a Fridge that will not cost me over 600 bucks - I am not partial to the older fridges - as most work better than the newer ones of today.

This one is an 80's something and in really good condition and fits our intended hole perfectly - plus it has a removeable panel - which I intend to design a new aluminum panel that will have a distinct Olympic rivet seem in it.

Where do I find these items - right here on the classifieds - sometimes you just have to take a leap and ask if it is still available - and see how the cards fall. Turns out I can ship it for under a 100.00 to Stephs - Yippeeeee!!!

When it warms up and I have done our taxes - I will head back out with the drill to drill out hundreds of rivets I suspect. Also the heat gun and a scraper to clear the rest of the floor. Have the Kitchen to remove along with the full bathroom. It is difficult right now to put the extra stuff - as our sheds are FULL!

Spring needs to get here faster! - Although we really have been spoiled this winter - only really had 6 weeks - so if March is a short one then we should be doing great.

How is everything with you - bet you are dying to get out in your new baby.

Not sure on our timing - but shooting for when the snow melts this time Yep Peter will be with me again - but I will gag him for when we cross the border - too bad you can't tow people in your trailer - I would stow him back there....

this next trip will be a new axle, fridge, and many other little things I am sure.....enough to probably set Peter into early retirement

It is great that our Sista family is growing - wouldn't it be great if one day the western sisters and the Eastern sisters had one big Rally
Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #546
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
Hi Paula,

The end of July and the first of August in an average year will be low's in the 50's with high's in the mid-80 range. But please note I stated "average". There has been nothing average about the weather for about the last year. Grand Rapids is halfway between where I live and where we have a seasonal campsite. We, Michigan Rivettes, are always looking for a reason for a Rivette Rush. My family has a commitment the last week of July but if you would still be here for a few days in August will be at the campground. River Ridge RV Resort is about 40 miles north of Grand Rapids and Hidden Ridge RV Resort is about 30 miles south of Grand Rapids. Either of these are very nice destinations.

Let us know if we can help any further as time gets closer. We would love to meet a sister Western Rivette!

Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy)
Vickie,

That would be great if we could get together somewhere during the time we'll be there if we do end up going!..I'll keep in touch about that as we get closer to the time..thnx