Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #761
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey CodyBear - did I not mention that you gotta stop teasing us northerners with all your fabulous coastal shots and sunny WARM weather

Okay new topic for the campfire....(which right where I am sitting has gone out with the torrential rains we have had the last two days)

So lets talk renos....

As mentioned we are renovating our kitchen in the big house - you know the one we live in most of the time.

We had this big Island with a cooktop and a little bar sink that we use to do all the veggie prep, perfect spot to fill the dog water bowl and sink close to fridge and drinks etc. We do have a nice new big sink instead of the farmer white cast iron sink that we refinished one too many times and has now been traded for the more traditional SS 1 1/2 sink with drain board.

Anyway I wanted a sink a little bigger than the bar sink but smaller than a standard single. I also wanted a ROUND sink. Our house is Timber Frame construction so everything is linear and square.

WOW I just about fell off my chair when I started to look for an unconventional round sink - starting at $279.00 - yes the Ikea one is around $99.00 but it is the large single.

I found that out when I ordered it - so it will be the new sink in the Overlander.

Then I saw Smokeless Joes Arogosy reno - and his idea about using a stainless steel salad bowl.

So I went shopping! and found EXACTLY what I wanted - then it was a matter of calling around to see who could cut the whole and make the centre depression.

So here is the result.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7265.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	36315

Name:	100_7268.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	36316

The Bowl dimensions are 14 1/4" Diameter, 45" Circumfrance, 7 1/2" depth. Just a half inch shallower than the $280 - designer sink.

So anyone interested in this little bowl and how much would you be willing to pay???

Annie you can not play as you know the answer!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #762
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Unbelieveable Sharon! Way to "do it" Can't wait to see it installed. = )

suz

p.s. Just a thought / Q. - would you need to spray it with a coating like the commercially made sinks? I believe that keeps the bowl from sweating and dripping water into the cabinet/area below.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #763
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow Sharon that is so cool looking, I'm pulling out my large stainless bowls and giving them the eye! Dave's things to do list may be getting bigger! Hope you can sell them like hotcakes!!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #764
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
At Last

Hello all, I have not been around for a while, life has kept me away from the forums - BUT we are now officially AS owners. :bou nce:

We took delivery of a 20' 2008 Safari SE on May 1, from Weekley Motors RV in Owosso, Michigan. : bounce: :heart ::w00t 2:

The Weekleys were wonderful to deal with. The trailer came exactly as ordered. There were no hidden charges and they beat prices from all over the country. Their RV tech, Randy, set up the hitch and gave my husband (we are truly neophites) a real education on hitches, brake controllers and RVing in general.

I like the new floor, think it will be quite servicible and it looks just fine. The new cabinet hardware is a huge improvement, no snagging your clothes on the handles all the time. The Bathroom door handle is now recessed too.

Our TV is a 2007 1/2 ton GMC Sierra and we are using a Reese Dual Cam hitch with 600# bars.

We have our first trip planned to Hartwick Pines the week before Memorial day. Husband's sister set it all up so we are going with experienced RVrs. Can't wait!!

Oh and shopping for the trailer is sooooo much fun!
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #765
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwene
We have our first trip planned to Hartwick Pines the week before Memorial day.
Congratulations Nancy!! We enjoyed camping at Hartwick Pines, very scenic and some of the sites are full hook-ups too! Have a great time!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #766
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
OK -- I'll bite!

I'll guess. Some people call me Annie; May I still play?

My guess is about $5.00 (US) for the bowl, $12.00 for labor machining the opening, and nothing for the drain thingy because you had one on hand from your renovations; I'll give myself a margin of $3.00. So, $14 - $20 US.

Are you really selling it? Or, are you just wanting our guesses?

What a clever solution!

Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921

So anyone interested in this little bowl and how much would you be willing to pay???

Annie you can not play as you know the answer!!!
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #767
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Argosy restoration ready to begin

Hello Sisters.... Well we have sold the Cardinal and just deliver it tomorrow and pickup our money... Then it is onto the Argosy... can hardly contain ourselves.. making lists and plans for Fantastic Fans install at the factory and than onto Elkhart, Indiana to see what we can get.. somewhere we will making a quick trip to Jackson Centre without the trailer for much needed parts...car is very economical on fuel... will keep everyone posted and there will be a new thread started on the restoration..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #768
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Annie sounds cool costalotta's gonna have her own thread?? Congrats on selling the 5th wheel, it was sweet, I remember the tour at LPPI!

Anne--welcome, I wonder if that guess is correct.

Sharon, would you accept Canadian Tire Money as part of the estimate?? I'm still in shock over that couple's divorce, who got the blender do ya think??
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #769
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet 40 days until ...SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
.............I'm still in shock over that couple's divorce, who got the blender do ya think??

How funny is that?

sue
40 days 'til SSR !!
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:25 AM   #770
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Good morning, and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

We've got beautiful weather in the Boston area this weekend, and I just got the Bambi home from having some service done yesterday, so I'm getting excited for the summer ahead. Wa-hoo! Classes end Monday (for me, not the kids yet) so I'm celebrating that too, and countin' down the days 'til I meet up with some of youz in the heart of it all -- O-Hi-O!

What's everyone else up to? What're you western gals doing these days?

Steph -- That link you posted was a hoot! I know you (and some of the other gals here) like to cook, so I'll share a great link I found in the paper this week. Grandma (Bubbe) cooks and shares a Yiddish word of the day -- who could ask for more?

Have a great day everyone!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #771
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, all and hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. Recently I restacked all the winter's tumbled firewood for the summer to come. Guess we'll use it for the occasional campfire rather than for survival in the cold, eh? Also, I note that I've traded my favored Coffee with Baileys for tall glasses of frosty iced tea and Vodka Tonics. You'd think that summer is here! ~G Do any of you receive Trailer Life? I just read the articles in the current issue on Oregon and Washington and I ENVY our west coast sisters! We just gotta get out there with a 6-8 weeks to explore--soon!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #772
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
~G - don't get the Trailer Life but was reading the Better Homes and Gardens and about this Lady Hope who has a beautiful garden in NorthWest Arizona....I can not wait to get our little Trailer finished so that I can start travelling a little with the ladies....

Stole a couple of evenings and a part day this weekend from the Hubby off the kitchen reno to work on the LadyBug - almost completed the gutting. Have a bit of floor work to do but nothing like the Overlander.

Have come up with new floor plans for her and doing that Rivette Rush this coming Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Picking up some key parts like hmm an axle, fridge and trading the four burner for a two burner. Saving time on the cupboards and swaping the 63 for some of the nice oak out of the excella - but giving it a strip and new stain - have not decided on the colour yet.

Zolatone is hmm way YUCK and not going through the headache literally of stripping it off as it has a great adhere going on and makes a great base for a new paint layer. - it is just really stained from whatever went on in that trailer before we got her.

I'm thinking a reall miracle for me to make it with an entact trailer for the
RSSR so keep your fingers crossed.But we have been known to pull rabbits from hats....she may not be pretty but I could have the new axle on and floor along with sporting a new colour scheme. But unless I can get some support back into her wall wise I do not want to travel with it flexing all over the place. So I have lots of prep work to do - so the Hubby can get in and help me out with instructions to put her back together - I will however concede some of the important items to him...

Like let see... I want the cabinets to be level and stay on the walls. I actually want to be able to open the drawers so they do not stick. I would like to wake up with all the water where it is suppose to be. I do not want a blackened hair doo everytime a throw on a switch and I certainly do not want to blow anyone up at the first attempt at lighting the cooktop or firing up for my morning shower. Oh did I mention that I should really make sure that the black tank is installed as it should be

But the wine is made and bottled and aging just nicely......the blackcurrent merlot is going to be a real treat!! Do I have any hands up for that??

If all is well and I do come I may bring my black baby with me - Taz. She hates when I leave her alone - Haily loves being at home and Lucky can not live without his Girlfriend Haily - Plus Peter will have company of them both too.

Taz will act as my large boots by the door.

Anyone got a large silk car cover - if I do not have the trailer I will deck out the back of the Yukon and just paint rivets on the car cover and throw it over the car as my disguise.

$55.00 CAN is the cost of the bowl 20 for the bowl, 15 for the cut 15 for the forming and 5 for the brand new strainer. ..... and no coating required in Ontario - our sinks don't sweat - only our fellows do when they are working on the Honeydo lists.....
Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #773
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Oh Georgia, I'd love to try some of that vodka tonic/Missouri ice tea you're brewing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
I'll share a great link I found in the paper this week. Grandma (Bubbe) cooks and shares a Yiddish word of the day -- who could ask for more?-J
Hey Jamie, that's so cool!! I love youtube! How great that bubbe will be on the internet for years to come!

Sharon, any wine sounds great! We are so lucky you are bringing it to the RSSR!

I just received my rivette gear in the mail, a mug, a tshirt and the mousepad, I just love the mousepad, its nice looking!! Thanks again Jamie for setting it up!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #774
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
A tall glass of iced tea! Now that's what I've been hankerin' for, Georgia. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey, Sharon, sounds like lots of good progress on the renovation. And good progress on the blackcurrent merlot too.

Steph - glad you like the Rosie cafe. I was looking around for a place that could make us some keychains, but I haven't found anything yet. If you come across something, let me know.

Now that summer's here, who's got the biggest awning for us to sit under and enjoy our drinks in the shade?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 05-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #775
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
J,

We don't have an awning yet, but are thinking seriously of getting one, of course it'll have to be humongous to fit all the silver sisters so we can huddle underneath from the sun or rain!!..getting ready to head for the Coast again tomorrow!!..anyone want to join us!!..we'll be at the KOA in Manchester/Pt. Arena till the weekend..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #776
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
OUr awning covers most of our 30' length so if we scootch up close together in our lawn chairs, we'll fit with room to bend our elbows for toasting! Ya'll come, now, y'hear? ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #777
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well - it is getting closer - we are doing an even quicker Rivette Rush this coming Sunday, Monday and back home on Tuesday.

Annie and Marvin have their Argosy to pick up straight out of storage and heading for some serious shopping in Indiana. We are traveling with them but without LadyBug - just not fit for travel right now and we don't want to stress her out - or make her fall apart

We hope to have the three little soft spots on the floor fixed then re-sealed and painted, ready to receive the new flooring now that everything is out. Then I have the wall painting to do. As annie suggested it might just be the white primer for the Rally.

To make her ready to travel we need to do:
Axle replacement
Install the Fantastic Fan
Install the Skylight
Re build and install the bulkhead walls to give the trailer it's shell stability back.

remove the old marker lights and replace with the new ones - hand polish around the area before the new ones go on.

Work on the window seals - one at a time they are not leaking right now - even though they are not pretty they are functional.

But like I keep saying worse case scenario - I'm bringing the Yukon...airstream double....

Looks like I may have a problem - I wanted to leave Thursday - but it looks like we are heading to the June 22 Minor Variance Hearing - which means I will not be able to leave until Friday Afternoon. I am hoping that I don't have to go as I have had the bu(*&^&^%it up to my eyeballs and would rather be drinking with the girls SINCE>>>>>>

Yep the Merlot is all bottled up. Our friends across the road came to help us. We were not sure how it would be so we stoked up on the white just in case!!!

See Hubbies face! I know it is looking a little tired and stressed with all the projects but the look was a result of me springing the fact that this batch is coming with me in June!!!! along with half the reisling too
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_7398.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	37400   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7397.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	37401  

Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #778
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, bottling your OWN Merlot--just too cool! Tell us how this came about. Your own grapes? Equipment? I'd love to know! Considering your northern climate, have you considered ice wine too? ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #779
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Looking back through this thread there are so many stories and pictures and comradery. Here's to all of you. I have the fire going and the Baileys ready.

Just a quick reminder that the Rivette Summer Solstice Rally is just around the corner but there still is plenty of time and room for you to join us.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Baileysandfire.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	38232  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #780
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Dang, it looks like a missed a campfire and a shot of Baileys last night. I was asleep early, but awoke around midnight to the noisest racket in the woods outside. Did it wake anybody else up? Turns out it was Barred Owls hooting and screaming like a jungle of wild monkeys. They carried on for about an hour. Never heard anything like it before in my life.

So now I could use a second round of coffee. I'm putting the pot on if anybody wants some. I've got some fresh chocolate chip cookies, too, and I didn't forget the walnuts this time.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650