Old 03-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #505
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Put me down for New Orleans, and the jambalaya, and the cajun music too please. I've never been there and I think it's the perfect time to go.

And speaking of virtual date night, did any of you catch Mr. Tin Hut's tale in the latest Airstream Life? I'm wondering why Mrs. Tin Hut hasn't shown up around our campfire yet to give us her version of the story. Wonder where she's been lately?

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #506
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
West Of Boston , Massachusetts
Girls, last night I was reading about leveling and jacks - well....

By the time I finished reading the threads - I was dizzy and ran out to my A/S to check if my stabilizers were cranked too high...nope...Then I was reading about a "jack fuse" on a gentleman's new Safari 23 SE. By the time I was done...I was not really sure what fuse to buy or which brand...My point being...Our thread is much easier to follow...
We answer questions pretty quickly...lol and there's usually food involved some how or some way. In our solutions.

I think being a hopeless romantic is a good thing.

P.S. We hit almost 50 degrees today I have a silver A/S again!

Hope everyone's the dates went well tonight.

Irish.

"It's Okay to have too much fun"

New England Unit WBCCI 8701
TheThreeSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #507
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Adding another log to the fire, tea or cocoa?

Hey Irish! Glad to hear from you. This thread is a lot of fun isn't it?

I wondered about Mrs. Tin Hut, Jamie, hope she shows up again.

Been missing Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy) too!

Carol I love the photos you put in the March 07 contest, wow!
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #508
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Irish my virtual date was dreamy. Glad it is warming up there. I want to Walbernize when it gets nice, drag out the 10 ' ladder and have a look around (the neighborhood) LOL

Thanks Steph. I am looking back on a lot of the fall pictures until we can get to the next season and have more color outside again.

Speaking of the last Airstream Life magazine, and yes Mrs. Tin Hut come on over, we are saving you a seat!, did you see the motorhome all decorated over every inch with memorbilia, belonging to Will Grosse? That is my former employer who owns Ace Hardware in Fox Lake, Illinois! Small world, eh. I was in the office working on accounts while he was on the phone calling around to find one. Never thought then we would have an Airstream too some day.

Where's Sharon, is she still over at the boys rally?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #509
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Like Sharon, our Dell has been sick for several days-unable to connect to internet. Fixed by phone somehow (I just don't question these things) and presto, back on. Happy camper again. Carol-what a small world--your ex-boss's AS! I'm still dizzy from the world tour virtual dates, to Paris, New Orleans, Shari's place in Colorado (loved the spa!), and back again. Wow! I'm in the mood for NO too. Steph, you mention our old favorites: Pat O'Briens, Preservation Hall, don't forget Beignets and Chicory Coffee for breakfast, and I love the ambiance of Court of Two Sisters for late night eats and drink. I'd pick to stay at a small historic BandB called Maison d'Ville, a place I've dreamed of staying at but never have. It's been absolute decades since we've visited New Orleans and I'm ready to go. We have an active forums member in NO, I believe. Maybe they'd have some tips for us. Since we're talking of "date" nights, I'll share. Max and I took in a movie the other night, popcorn and all, saw The Astronaut Farmer and enjoyed it. A rarity in today's movies, a real family movie. Good story, if a stretch, pleasant acting, absolutely nothing to hide from kids, if you were to take them. We stole another night (you have to realize that between icy weather/roads/cold and Max's chest cold that settled and stayed several weeks--it's been nearly six weeks since we've done anything for fun) and drove to a tiny little left-behind Missouri River town near here that has a small family restaurant in the old town store. It's a country restaurant of the best sort: all hand prepared and lots of good stuff. Fried Chicken or Country Ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, seasoned long-simmered greenbeans with ham bits, biscuits and butter, homemade applesauce, coleslaw/lettuce blend salad with light poppyseed dressing, and your choice of every kind of homemade pie and cobbler served, of course, with ice cream. Oh, yes, they serve southern sweet tea too! You waddle out. This is a once or twice a year treat because if you went more often, you'd founder! It's salads for the next week at our place to make up for sinning! Regardless of the food or movie, just being out for "date nights" is great after weeks of winter shut ins. ~G Mrs. Tin Hut, you really MUST join our rally here. We know you'll bring your own insight to juice up our campfire chatter--plus, you really should get your side of Mr. Tin Hut's outrageous tales out in the light of day. We girls know about these things!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #510
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Well, I really must get to New Orleans someday and see these sights myself. With all your descriptions, I just can't figure out how I've managed to get this far in life without ever having gone.

I just sent a note off to Mrs. Tin Hut to see if we can talk her into joining us. Gee, I do hope she can leave Mr. Tin Hut alone for a short time. That's one bird that has to be watched pretty close it seems.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #511
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Anymore room around the fire tonight?

Hi girls,

I have missed talking everyone! Sorry I have been absent from our campfire. Our family has been battling a stomach virus (I will spare you all the details). Thankfully we are all better now!

It has been wonderful to see some new faces around our vitual campfire. I hope that we will see your names pop up on the RSSR registeration page. We can then turn this from a virtual campfire to a REAL one!

I heard from our other Michigan Rivette today? Eikel1we sounds as if she is having a nice getaway. It was a relief to hear that she and Ike are fine after the severe weather across the South last week. Enterprise, AL was 3 hours to the east from their location. It was really nice to hear Suz's voice. I cannot wait until wait until she and Ike return. I asked her to soak up enough warmth for us.

The Bailey's tonight was a toast to Steph (Tin Sista), Carol (wheel interested), and last but certainly not least Sharon (GT6921). I cannot wait to see all of you again. I am looking forward to adding a lot of names to our Bailey's toast.

The next few weeks will be busy for me. I have begun my preparations for the '07 season. I have an appointment (3-30) with my Airstream dealership to send 2 service techs to our campground to do adjust our slider, staple carpet pulled by slider, replace stereo system, and install snaps on Zip Dee awning for a Zip Dee awning shade. My daughter and I will spend the night the night before so that the service techs will be able to get an early start. Our seasonal starts 4-15 and that does not give us much time. I hope all this snow disappears soon so we can do our yard work other wise it will take place in between campground stays. You know, priorities, right? My spring house cleaning has begun. Mother nature is not on the same schedule as I am but what can I say! IF it is going to get done it has to be done now! The time is right around the corner everyone! So please pass the Bailey's. Do we need to open another bottle? It is time for a toast --- here is to the best Airstream season EVER!

"Girl Power!",

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:46 PM   #512
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Well this is the closest we have been to the Mardi-gras.

2004 just leaving Lafayette with our new to us (then) 69 Globe Trotter.

These were the parade floats going in for the big opener parade - that year it poured with RAIN!
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_5823.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	33447Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_5824.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	33448

We were on our first gas up stop - and amazed that we had not taken out any signs or run over anyone yet - with the big silver twinkie behind us...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #513
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
West Of Boston , Massachusetts
Pleas pass another Bailey's bottle

I think with the past few weeks of wild weather -- we will need another bottle and more wood for the fire.

Irish.

"It's Okay to have too much fun"

New England Unit WBCCI 8701
TheThreeSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #514
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Today, I went with a girlfriend to another gal's house to make orange, mint, and bailey's chocolate ball candies!!..we're making them for a St. Patrick's Day party potluck my friend and her husband hold every year..that will have 100 + invited guests..12 corned beefs are now in the corning process..we'll also have potatoes, carrots, and cabbage..guests will bring anything else to accompany the entrees..a little bit of Irish luck to everyone!!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #515
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Kiss Me I'm "Irish", no I'm not I'm Wheel. Well that sounds like a heck of a bash Paula!!! How do you make the candy balls?

Vickie, glad you are feeling better! I'm toasting you right back and know what you mean about so much to get our Airstreams back from being cleaned out and winterized to being ready for camping again.

photography
Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM   #516
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Chocolate

Carol, the recipe the gal used is super simple..all you're doing is taking the chocolate (dark or light) wafers (she uses the Guittard brand), melts it in a micowavable bowl, stirs it till it gets creamy, then adds flavorings ( orang, bailey's cream, mint, or whatever flavor of your choice), then adds 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, and stirs well, then puts a plastic wrap over the top of the chocolate, chills till firm, then rolls by hand into 1/2 to 3/4 " balls..let sit on parchment paper till it sets up..in the meantime, melt more chocolate in microwave or use one of those chocolate warmers (be careful, chocolate can burn if it's left in too long and not stirred)..then take little plastic tools that look like spatulas or pitchforks or swirley things..drop individual setup balls into the chocolate and fold the chocolate all over the balls, let set on clean parchment paper..one more time, get more chocolate, this time colored wafers like orange, green, or vanilla colored ones to differentiate the different flavored balls..put individual colors into a ziploc quart sized bag, leave open, place in microwave, melt, then cut a tiny hole near one bottom corner to allow chocolate to be squeezed out to make icing in zigzag pattern..let set, then place individual ball onto mini-paper or foil cups..keep chilled then bring out to serve..here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8856.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	33466  
Old 03-05-2007, 02:18 AM   #517
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Those look like they come from a fancy chocolate shop! Those are great and thanks for sharing the recipe. I would love to try this. Your picture is playing havoc with my cravings. That is going to be a terrific party. Thank you for sharing your trade secrets. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

photography
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #518
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
flowers that bloom

Just did some Spring planting in a 1/2 barrel - just hope they can grow!

Some pansies, ranunculus, candy tuft,
orange and yellow symphony /osteospermum hybrids
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8862.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	33498