Old 03-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #491
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Cool. I'll bring something to nosh on and a bottle of wine. Maybe we can do my hair too. Do you have those little foam wedges to put between my toes while they are drying. Don't you just love when the phone rings and you have to walk like a duck and use your palms to pick it up.

OK everybody c'mon we are meeting up at Shari's to get gussied up.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #492
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
a light offering

Hot tub sounds good, I just had a banana split, would you like some?..my hubby made it for me..3 scoops of vanilla, banana, chocolate syrup that hardens when you pour it over and topped w/maraschino cherries and wanuts..I'll bring extra spoons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8625.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	33334  

Old 03-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #493
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Wowie Paula! I am drooling. Now that's a banana split, yummie.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #494
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Carol, I've got more, want some???
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #495
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Do I ever!!! Thanks. I am such a shameless chocoholic. Here I brought some sugar wafers and Pirouette Rolled Wafers. Have some.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #496
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
ooh, yum, I like sugar wafers, and that pirouette rolled wafers too!!..what flavor did you bring?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #497
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Biscos vanilla, and Rulokat's filled with hazelnut cream and Plain Peppridge Farm.

I did a search for offices here and didn't find a thread. I am thinking about redoing my desk area here. Any one have pictures of their home office whether in the home or in the Airstream? Would be interesting to have a "come as you are" type picture of just where we are sitting right now. (well maybe not mine) I have been stacking things up and pushing furniture around today, nailing up pictures and rotating bricabrac. Time for a change and this is just the weather and time of year to do that kind of thing.

Here's an old picture. I'm actually using a wide flat panel now that the monitor died and my one scanner is history now too unfortunately. Then I have two towers under foot and another widescreen laptop for the Airstream to watch movies in the bedroom. It is much messier right now. I need to buy another desk and figure out what to do with the walls. Oh and the phone is wireless now, thank heavens. Does anyone use the telephone jacks in their AS anymore?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inmyroom.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	33340  

photography
Old 03-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #498
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
The movie looks great, Carol. I'll have to wait for the video though. I think Tin Sista and I must have the same sitter. I'll be planning for late date night 2012. The movie does look fun though. What a great cast!

How'd you guys keep that ice cream from melting around the campfire? Oh, right, it's still cold outside isn't it. Is there any vanilla left? I'll put a scoop on my pancakes this morning.

Wish I could help with your home office, but what we have now is more like a spare table with a computer and printer sitting on top of it, and a laptop that travels -- an ancient Dell that I'm hoping to replace with a Mac as soon as I work out what I need and want. It's getting harder for me to keep up with this stuff. But I'm a fan of Mac, and a sucker for those ads on TV. (You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?)

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #499
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Wow what is this I leave the fire for an emergency computer issue and you all get mushy on me - Thanks Codybear fro bring the gals back to reality and chocolate. I thought we had lost Carol for good then for a minute..virtual dates, romantic bounces on the bed paris and the victorian alcoves - gishh Carol whatcha been smokin

Now on the other end of the spectrum - an Office - Laptops are the best - that way you can make your entire house/trailer your office.

My office that I can not photo right now - is actually an 89 credenza shelf unit with side writing table on one wall of my spare bedroom. When I want it to be a bedroom the table folds away. I use an all in one epson for black/colour and scanning - with my old clunker lexmark for a PS printer - Have my eyes on the laser all in ones that are slowly coming within the financial reach..... but not quite.

I sit at my dinning table mostly cause I can see all around the house through most of the windows in the open concept we have here. As well as the fire and the TV (when and If I ever have it on)

Computer is now back from hospital - bad Kingston memory stick is the culprit - so that is my next order of business on Monday.

but it gave me a wake up call - I have over 8000 photos in iphoto that I need to make back ups of. I have a 250 Gig back up drive that I never use - but it always hangs up when I do multiple copies of the photos out of i-photo - such an unstable program - must figure out how to mass dump out of i-photo and make backups.

I am runing on half ram right now so I don't want to do too much that requires lots of computing and photos are a big sucker up of ram.

Glad to be back - and heading out to work on LadyBug

That Sunday was so good.

PS we came away from that last storm relitively unscathed - 6 inches of snow and now it is all melting really quick...
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #500
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A girl can dream can't she? I am outnumbered in a household of male beasts. Dog hair, dog slobber, hiking boots, ten feet(literally) of snow and mud, doors open, dash and push for the outdoors, better not be in the doorway or the hallway when that happens! Silk, satin and bows,5 star appointments, yeah right, I got all girlie. Whew, I'm back. Don't worry about it Sharon, I've been running on half ram for a long time(and I don't mean the computer)!

photography
Old 03-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #501
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Carol glad to see that your GPBD did not last long.

Got ya beat on the snow covered feet though my house comes in at 16 including me There is a point you just don't worry about it any more - or take a day and go on a cleaning frenzy.

Well it is back to the "Girl Power" items - trying to figure out what messed up the Yukon Tail lights and interior dimmer - on our trip home from the Rivette Rush - it is a strange one - so we are looking for a short somewhere??? as all the fuses and resisters all check out fine. The buld in the tail ligh(s) is fine too. thus it is either a bad ground - which would lead to other issues - or a shorted wire or bad 7pin connector causing a short maybe??? But I need to get it fixed cause I can not drive at night with no tail lights.... anyone got any ideas??? 99 Yukon 4X4

Okay I will give you permission to ask the Dudettes - or do you think I could go over to that poor excuse for a "Buffin Buddies" campfire and see if any of them know? No wonder the BB's are lurking here - we have way more fun than they do.
Just came in to get warm going back out again for round two....
Old 03-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #502
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You can ask Michelle (thecatsandI) since she is a mechanic. If you go over to the Buffin' Buddies be careful of flames.

photography
Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #503
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Oh wow, I logged off too early to read that it was a virtual date, well I'd be going to New Orleans after the mani/pedicure, have a nice hurricane drink at Pat Obriens then off to Mulates for some cajun food and dancing, yep the dancefloor is right in the middle of the restaurant so you can dance those calories away!!Then I'd go on back to Preservation Hall to hear some dixieland jazz, and find a nice courtyard bar for a nightcap, or just go back to Pat Obriens. Anyone up for a virtual trip to New Orleans??
Old 03-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #504
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yes I want to go! Now that definitely is where the action is. Some nice jambalaya for me, mmmmm. Great links Steph. I always wanted to go to New Orleans. I think you would be the perfect one to show us around.

photography