Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #477
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Geees Annie be careful, keeping our fingers crossed it just blows by you!!!

We have got the snow blizzard now started right on que! cold and windy with that biting sleety snow. Got the fire on and cauliflower and cheese for dinner.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #478
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Blink our eyes and we will be there for dessert.. any chocolate after 8 ice cream... Marvin is looking some ice cream and we don't have any...

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #479
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Shades of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day! We have more wind here than I have ever experienced before. It began yesterday with gusty breezes, really unpleasant and strangely warm. Later last night a hard gust brought me up out of sleep and it just kept on from then. I am sure we have had straight line wind in the 60-65 mph range and it's cold now. A thoroughly yucky day, but not so dangerous as some of you have been having. Annie, do take care. I've seen the Florida watch areas on the weather channel and those storms look like they are spread everywhere from Louisiana to Florida, up into Ohio. And then others of you are in blizzards. What a winter! I'm dousing this campfire and moving indoors. I think we can all fit around still and be safer and cosy for a day or so. I just grilled cheese sandwiches and simmered a pot of spicy tomato soup-comfort food for the windy night ahead. There's plenty to share! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #480
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
All Safe here

Good morning Sisters... Weather passed us.. just overcast and supposed to rain later today.. will put on a pot of coffee if anyone would like to drop by... going to make a cake for the hubby... he does have a sweet tooth... shouldn't have... (Diabetic).. small piece won't hurt.. will save some for him after the Sisters are done with it... Chocolate frosting.. hmmmmmmmmm ..Sharon... interested..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #481
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Annnie, I will take a small wedge of that cake and a couple of cups of that coffee...just black.

Codybear, what beautiful Rosemary. When we plant around NYS Rosemary needs to be in a pot ready to come in before th frost. This year I am going to pot some of my herbs and try bringing them in for Winter use.

Today it is snow, rain, sleet and freezing. I am working from Home today.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #482
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Don't mind if I do have a little piece of Annie's chocolate frosted cake, just a sliver to go with my lunch tea. Sounds wonderful, Annie! Oh, and thanks, Georgia, for the comfort food suggestion. That tomato soup at lunch was just the thing.

I have to agree with you Aria, that is one mighty fine looking rosemary plant that Codybear has. Wouldn't I love to have that growing on my porch year round?! Great idea for the container herbs too, Aria. The only one I have inside now is a little pot of catnip for the feline member of the household. It grows well indoors, and Chessie does a nice job of keeping it trimmed up.

I'm glad we found shelter last night because that tarp wouldn't have lasted for the windy, icy stuff that came down from the sky this morning. BRrrrrr.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #483
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Sharon your cooking one of my favorites. Save me a bit.

G. I take a toasted cheese on whole wheat and a bowl of that tomato soup.

J. Catnip...I am going to try bringing some in. I love "green" indoors even if I won't use...pretty to look at. Shades of Spring.

Weather has been a mix of all the rain,sleet,snow and NOW...sunny and beautiful. Still cold.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #484
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Date Night

I am going to have to wash my hair tonight. I've been sitting too close to the fire and beginning to smell like I am smoked. Tomorrow I think Brad and I will have "date night." Did you see the previews for Wild Hogs? Touchstone Pictures -- The Official Homepage Looks funny. Love the cast. I think I shall take hubby for a movie and maybe a bite to eat. I think I'll find one of those restaurants that are an old victorian house with the separate alcoves for dining. How does filet with bearnaise sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, (like a scalloped potato in layers-yum Dauphinoise Potatoes Recipe - Home Cooking) some fine oaky cabernet with a good nose and legs, hints of chocolate, complex with a nice velvety finish sound? Then split the most indulgent flourless chocolate cake they have. Oh but then where will the room be for the large tub of popcorn and extra extra and refill extra butter fit with too much popcorn salt til my lips turn light? Hmmmm maybe the show first and popcorn and pizza or taco bell afterwards. What do you think where are you going on date night?

Shari can I use your polish?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #485
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Oooh I can't wait to try that potato recipe Carol. I'm enjoying your fancy restaurant meal vicariously...sounds yummy!!
Sounds like a great atmosphere too!! Have a great time!

Most of our date nights are at home cause our sitter is too young to stay out late!!
So we watch pay per view movies or rent a dvd on home date night. When we have a sitter we try new places to eat, one of these weekends we're going to try this Ethiopian restaurant where you sit on the floor (cushions), our friends have been there several times and love it, so we're game!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #486
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
West Of Boston , Massachusetts
The secret is being happy

I believe you can be any where and if your happy with the person your with everything else is a bonus.

Glad everyone is safe - we got freezing ice and rain here in MA.
My A/S has a toping of snow and crushy ice -- how many days until
spring? lol not soon enough.

Stay safe ladies.

Irish.

"It's Okay to have too much fun"

New England Unit WBCCI 8701
TheThreeSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #487
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Irish and Steph, I know spring please hurry!!!!

And Irish you are a romantic. What a beautiful sentiment. You have a lovely heart.

This is a virtual date Steph, you won't have any sitter problems. Maybe I will charter a plane and scoop you all up and we fly for dinner to Paris and the next day sightseeing? Irish would you like a suite with a private balcony? Let's get away from the cold and ice.

---POOF--- Ahh where will your "poof" fairy bring you? We're here already. Steph check out this tub. Irish whadda think? Okay I have to jump on the bed, hehehe What a grand view. Glad it's evening and the lights are all twinkling. I think I can see for miles.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #488
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
West Of Boston , Massachusetts
I am in!!!!

Let's go! I keep reading about de-winterizing and re-winterizing as a newbie; it's all over whelming - but I want to go somewhere and have fun!

Irish.

"It's Okay to have too much fun"

New England Unit WBCCI 8701
TheThreeSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #489
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What are you packing? Wish I had a skirty thing for over my swim suit. (Have plenty of winter fluff this year) Now some nice strappy heels and a little evening dress. Let's rent a limo and crack open a bottle of champagne. Let's be sure and have those extra large chocolate covered strawberries too!

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #490
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Shari can I use your polish?
Sure Carol, come on over...I'll even let you have a soak in my hot tub and give you the pedicure myself! I'm not doing anything tonight...what time shall I expect you?

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote