Old 02-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #463
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Wow nice pictures! That made my day....

Had to break out the old clunker e-mac cause my G4 has died - have to take it in. I sure hope they can fix it and save my 1000's of photos I have not made back ups of

Nice view from your office Shari.

Glad to hear Steve's elbow is healing well.

Annie you might want to stay down a bit longer if you want to be home when the snow melts expecting snow tomorrow we are on a winter weather watch right now. Might have to break out the garbage bags for the two vents on LB.

Hey you Michiginites - how is your weather - any nice blossoms showing in your gardens

Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #464
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
spring squabls

We have baby pigeons!..not sure who the daddy is, but there's 4 females and 2 males..the 2 yellow downed squabs hatched out on Thursday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8588.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	33208   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8621.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	33209  

Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #465
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
I'm just gonna throw another log or two on the campfire this morning because even though the sun is up, the temp's a little chilly at 29, and I'm hearin' rumors of a winter storm on the way. Shari, you didn't put away that tarp yet, did ya?

We just might get as far as Colorado this summer with the Bambi, that's our hope anyway. We've been wanting to take a roadtrip west with the girls since before we got the Airstream, and Colorado and New Mexico are at the top of the list. This is do-able in a 3-4 week trip from Massachusetts, isn't it?

CB, is lantana a perennial where you are? It's an annual in our zone but I think I heard it grows year round in the south.

Keep those photos of spring and sunshine coming gals! It's the best medicine right now.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #466
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Yep Jamie I think we are going to need something substantial over the fire pit right now - lovely and sunny here but the storm is moving up fast and it suppose to dump snow then sleet and freezing rain and then rain - the worst kind of snow storm really - does lots of damage and messess the road real good. If we stay with the cold freezing temps then there usually results in big ice ruts in the driveway and roads for a day or two until the weather warms up again.

Not looking forward to this one so I am heading out to do some shopping...
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #467
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Sounds like you gals are getting the storm that passed through my side of the campground yesterday! The tarp really didn't do it's job...better to stay inside bundled up for this one...it's a quickie ~

Jamie, et al...hope you do make it out this way - it's certainly do-able in 3-4 weeks. It would be 1900+/- miles, 4 long days drive or break it up with a few stops along the way, definately do-able. Be sure to let me know if it's going to happen...it would be great if you came out for the RMVAC Rally...lots of Silver Siters attend - we have a great time!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #468
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile coffe, tea, blueberry scones, and cream here

Hiya, wow we have some super nasty freezing rain. Have a nice scone, with lemon curd or devon cream? Calories don't count in this weather...

Shari I love the photo from your office, what a great view! I have located a Del Sol in Michigan and am going for the ruby slipper polish!

I can't believe we just made our reservations for Labor Day this am (MI state park system just opened up that weekend). Last hurrah before kindergarten!

No sign of flowers in my yard, I know the bulbs are down there, below the snow, its nice to see California photos!! Congrats on the squabs Paula, do you raise them for any particular reason or just for fun?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:40 AM   #469
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good morning Steph,

40 degrees now, sun is shining..the pigeons are Steve's..he was using them to train Cody to retrieve..he's going to take them to the river and free them..hopefully they won't come back: they're homing pigeons we got from Napa 70 miles away..funny story: (well, I thought it was)-
Steve and I bought 5 pigeons..we brought them home..about 2 weeks later, Steve was filling the feed tray and water container..the door was open, 2 of the birds 'flew the coup'...oh oh, we said..back to Napa we drove as soon as we could, went back to the bird owner..asked him for 2 more birds to replace the lost birds..he said sure..then he says, funny thing -he was feeding his birds and noticed 2 strange birds sitting on top of his coup!!!..so we told him the story..he says he' has 2 birds we could have..I said to him ok..are you going to charge us for them????...he replied 'nah, not this time'..

So when we release them, are they going to go back to our home or to Napa????
Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #470
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
CB, is lantana a perennial where you are? It's an annual in our zone but I think I heard it grows year round in the south.

Jaimie,

I think lantana is an annual here in Sacramento..it froze when the frosts came..should be comng up around Spring and be in full bloom Summer and last till Fall..
Old 03-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #471
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
I think lantana is an annual here in Sacramento..it froze when the frosts came..should be comng up around Spring and be in full bloom Summer and last till Fall..
That it even re-blooms the next year is better than it does in my garden. Lantana won't last through one winter around here. Same goes for the rosemary. Someday I want to live in a hardiness zone where my rosemary doesn't die in the winter.

Sharon -- we haven't got a storm yet, have you?

Tin Sista -- could you pass me one of those scones? I'll give that Devon cream a try, never had it before. Did you make these? Yummmmmm.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 03-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #472
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
rosemary

Jaimie,

Ihave purple/blue rosemary growing pretty well on the patio..one Christmas, we trimmed it to look like a Christmas tree, brought it inside and hung ornaments on it...the room smelled like rosemary for weeks..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0016.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	33236  
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #473
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
uuuuuaaaahhhh love the pretty flowers...CodyBear I can smell the Rosemary from here.

I was just thinking how nice it would be to be spring already - dread the thought of the inbetween stage - dirty snow and soppy ground not quite thawed all the way through so everything is mushy on top and then all the winter branches that have fallen - but still neat to see how the seasons change in a forest.

Jamie we are 4:29 and now sign of snow - although the temp has dropped from -2 to -12c it was a bit windy but now it has gone all calm - "the calm before the storm" I am sure we will just get the snow and not all the rain they are calling for- that stuff stays along the lake shore zone.

No word on my powerbook yet - have to suffer using this boat anchor for the next four days - keeping my fingers crossed it is just bad ram and that I have not lost 3 years of information - there is something said for paper files sometimes

Too cold to work on LadyBug - but we did get a great head start on her this past week.

Here is some Rasberry Loaf Cake for a pre-dinner nible - I picked up some log pads as my old butt is getting a bit sore sitting around this fire all day and night.

What is everyones plans for summer trips this year?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #474
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Angry Tornado watches

All Silver Sisters please be careful.. Tornado watch here in effect until 2 am.. awning up and everything outside stashed away, dogs with harnesses on and leashes at the door . We figure we will make a run for the clubhouse if need be.. it is 20 feet from the trailer.. here's hoping we all stay safe. Please check your weather forecast.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #475
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Wow, happycampers..stay safe!..never had one close to Sacramento..saw on the news Missouri had one.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #476
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Hey, Annie, you guys take care and stay safe!! Okay?

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650