Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #621
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
tin sista that is a beautiful loaf of bread.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #622
Certifiable

. , .
Hello ladies. Is it OK that I stopped by? I just thought I'd bring over some spring daffodils. By the way, that was a great story Carol. See you later!
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #623
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Yikes I can't believe I missed this thread! I think it's great, and I didn't come empty handed, I brougt brownies and some of Terry's mud slides.

I was reading in the first few pages aboout backing trailers. terry took me to a 25 acre farm and taught me how to back and turn and never got upset. When he started mumbling about jacknifing and trees going down behind us, I got better at it. But I try to get pull throughs if I'm pulling the coach.

To hitch it up to the truck the last time, I had to reposition the truck about 20 times and all of the neighbors thought it was the funniest thing they ever saw!! But I didn't give up.

Is there any of that great looking bread left? I could use a slice with apple butter on it.

Well, it's late and I'm tired so I'll be back on tomorrow.

Good night sisters.

Marie
Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #624
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
I came back to the campfire too late to have a cup of coffee, but I did enjoy the story anyway, Carol.

I'm gonna throw another log on the fire for anyone who's staying up tonight, and I'll be up early for a fresh cup of coffee in the a.m.

Don't forget to spring forward with your clocks tonight, ladies.

g'night
-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #625
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'm very glad you liked the story ladies.

And Blue thanks for stopping by with daffodils! Girls isn't that such a nice surprise? Stop back anytime, there's always a bit of refreshments to share.

Marie, we're glad you found us at last. We understand you have been very busy after Terry's accident. It's wonderful you can finally pop over and have a little break with us. It always is a treat to get together with our sisters and looking forward to your visit tomorrow. I see your backing and hitching story is getting quite a few smiles and nods.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:52 AM   #626
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Yes!, a big welcome to Blue and Marie! Can I pour you a fresh cup of coffee this morning?

Marie -- I had my listening ears wide open for your backing and hitching stories as I have with all the sisters who've been sharing tips and tricks for mastering the art. This is my summer to work on it. I hope that when we get to the Summer Solstice rally in OH, the farm campground we'll be at will have a few extra acres somewhere to practice backing.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 03-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #627
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good morning,

Thanks for the hot coffee, I really needed it.

I remember our 1st trip out with the Argosy a few years back. I had no clue what to bring in the way of food, etc. but it's amazing how fast you learn.
Now I can have Goliath loaded before Terry is through backing it into the driveway.

I bought a little garden wagon, take it in the house, load it and drag it out and put the stuff away and poof, I'm done. I wish we had a way to keep it plugged in so I could keep the stuff n the fridge. But I do keep bottled water, the linens, etc. in it.

Usualy it's clothes and perishables that have to be put in before an outing.

When Cookie sees the coach being backed in, she get's excited and starts getting her toys, blanket and pushes her food dish near the door so we don't forget it. We have aluminium dishes in it for her, but she can't remember that. She's the 8 lb peek a poo who thinks she is an airstream dog. and she is.

Well need to go and eat, everyones welcome to join me in the Morrisons cafeteria at TGA, it's huge.
Marie
Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #628
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Guess what? We had rain yesterday!!! Yeah!!!! It wasn't snow...guess that's the first sign of spring! I was never so happy to have it rain...

I was so excited I baked a pie for dinner last night...I have some leftover, anybody want some to tie them over to lunch? It's apple.- goes great with coffee..I'll slice it small so everybody can have some...lord knows I don't need the whole thing! Marie - make sure to take a piece for Terry...

I also got in a reall nesting mood...made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce - it's in the crock pot now - should be done in time for dinner to go with that no-kneed bread..Mmmmm! There should be plenty to feed the whole campground tonight!

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0024.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	33785  
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #629
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning Shari!

I'd love some..just waiting for my hair being timed.. a 10 minute 'touch-up' vanity thing I do every 2 months or so..anyone out there color their locks?..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #630
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I did until about a year ago...blonde weave for years & years & years - when I lived in So Cal it was my natural color, then last year, I went with more of a light ash-brown...but I got sick of touching it up and I just hated the fact that my "roots" were coming in "light"! And Mr.InsideOut begged me (literally) to let if go natural...so I did. So now it's light ash brown with "aluminum" streaks. I don't "love it" but everybody else does ~ oh well!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #631
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
I'd love to stop: only one thing or two stops me, though: a little thing called vanity, plus the fact that my hubby likes the color I've been which is dark brown w/natural brown, red highlights I've always had, the other thng: he has retained his black color with only a little bit of gray just starting to come in..I think when I get tired of doing it, I'll end the cycle..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #632
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
When I first started going "aluminum," I tried coloring mine. It was very dark brown, but when I tried a tint, I would invariably get a maroon shine that I hated, though I tried various colors, even ashy ones. So. . .I soon decided natural, whatever that might be as time went on, was for me. I'll admit, I'm more aluminum than dark today. That's okay And I'm really glad that I escaped the mess and saved the time for all these years! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #633
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow look at all the breads and pies and goodies - I will be the size of a barn by the time we get to summer.

Shari we got some freezing rain yesterday and then rain for a bit. Went very mild and things are starting to melt. But the perma frost is still in so the water will just sit on top for a week or so unless we get more warm weather.

Been colouring since I was 21 - hereditary - "silver" hmm aluminum to funny. Did the box jobs 20 odd years ago but they just were so yuck - so had it professionally done for years untill it was running up past $70.00 every three weeks - so tried the box jobs again - and it is great 5 bucks!!! and it lasts longer than the professional kind. I switch up the colours a bit - (only when a mess up and forget which number to get.

I would let it all go - but....just a bit too young and I do not want to look like my Nana - or my Mom now - Peter is quite aluminum all of a sudden and it is okay for him but I am "white" really and he gives me that look when I say hmm should I let it go???? But it is getting harder to cover these days but I wanted to make it to 50 at least then I can let it go - so I have another 4 years of box colours to go. Only takes 30 minutes of my time I even cut my own hair sometimes if I am really busy and can not get out.

Well it is official - the "MoonBeam" has gone to her new owner as of yesterday. - I will have to go back to my old threads and wrap them up with the finaly goodbye pictures and introduce the new owner - and then she might take over.... It was a bit sad - but then I got excited right away to get working on the LadyBug so it took my mind off it.

But it feels a bit like snakes and ladders - we were almost at the top with MoonBeam - like the last sqare on the board - then we tossed the dice and landed on the snake that took us right back down to the beggining and further Got quite a bit done on her today. Still in the process of removing everything -to get to the floor, elec, plumb, propane and painting. I will work on the wood refinishing and selecting new hardware as well.

Fire is nice and warm - still gets cold at night....sorry I have left nothing out for munchies - need to get the groceries done..
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #634
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Moonbeam gone

.. We know how you feel.. We hated to let the Argosy go... but we both have other projects now..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #635
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Poaching notice

Anybody else find bunny a bit too bony?

Baked by a non-Airstream buddy of mine, this bread would go well with any chicken-like dinner. He used the NY Times no-knead recipe. One has flaxseed and the other was made with dried plum and substituting in 1c whole wheat flour -- looks like it needed a teaspoon or two of gluten added.

Enough talk like that! Better go sweep out the garage. I don't think our southern buddies have experienced the dusty salt taste of doing this. (road salt from car drippings, guys...)

I just noticed the above when I accidentally viewed the "buffing buddies" (oh pleeze) site.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #636
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Shari the comfort food and pie is looking real good to me.

Now why didn't I consider these silver streaks so in vogue with Airstreaming? Do I streak or do I cover up?

Marie the wagon idea is great. I dread the thousand and one trips out to load the Airstream especially at winter's end. Pulling the stuff out rather than making a trip with each armload would really cut down on the number of trips necessary and stop me from losing some of it on the way! Thanks for the tip. Cookie sounds so cute with her pre-trip preparations. Do you have a picture of her? Our Baron runs to the truck and jumps in as soon as we start carrying things out.

Sharon that would be very cool if Moonbeam's new owners keep up the thread. Vickie's new owners of the BettyLou 1 are also on the forum. I wonder if you two girls are the only ones on the forum that have kept up with the new owners and are members here too.

Annie, we will be so interested in your progress on the Argosy. And Sharon your thread is already teaching me so much about what is involved in a restoration. Give you girls credit, that's a lot of work but I know your results will really be awesome.

Janet, I think the buffin' buddies think we can't see ot hear them at their rally.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:25 AM   #637
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Janet, I think the buffin' buddies think we can't see or hear them at their rally.
Karma guyz! The 4 stages of buffin': I'm rich; I'm good-looking; I'm bullet proof; I'm invisible.

Janet, I had to find some way to show Steph a pic of a friend's efforts at the no-knead bread...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #638
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Good Morning Everyone,

Our weather lately has caused Jeff and I to get creative to cure this awful cabin fever. It sounds as if we have one more extended period of snow and cold temperatures and then maybe we will be fortunate enough to be on the road to spring. Until then we have do whatever it takes! Gather round the fire ladies, pretend the snow is not there, grab a snack, and maybe Carol will share another story with us...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5484.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	33816  
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #639
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
I have to admit that the natural red I used to have in my hair is now a very natural aluminum color. It has come in slowly, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. Doug is one of those guys that will probably never show any sign of silver, but he's offered to color his to match mine if it would make me feel better. True love. (Sorry, Sharon. I'm goin' gushy again on the thread.)

Canoe Stream -- that's some nice lookin' NYT bread that your friend made -- you know, the picture on the invisible thread? Maybe your friend would like to join us sometime and tell us what he? she? thought of that recipe.

I'm draggin' a bit with the time change this morning, so I'm going to put on a second pot of coffee if anyone wants to top off or refill.

Think SPRING!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #640
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile 'Only her hairdresser knows for sure...'

Anyone remember that ad?

I haven't started coloring, my silver is there though especially when I tie my hair back.

My sister in law was taking black cohosh food supplements and her hair started turning back to its original dark color. Her stylist noticed it and was asking her what she was doing, the roots were coming in dark and the ends were gray. Isn't that something?

Hi Vickie love that photo!! Our snow is melting, melting. I was playing outside yesterday with Sam in the yard and we were in the sandbox it felt just like spring!! Dog was lying in the sun and playing with her toys...what a nice day it was!!