Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #351
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
..........Sharon, tell us what connection peanut butter and pinwheels have. Now that may do it, but she's pretty sharp, let's see.

Will you accept my challenge Sharon?
Hmmm lets see.....I know what a Pinwheel is and I love Peanut Butter.
PeanutButter Pinwheel Cookies - you gals will be sent to bed with a delicious treat!!!

Now here is spin of the challenge back at you Carol....

Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around.
Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been?
Hello, how are you, and may I come in?
Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around.
Look at my Pinwheel and see what I found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright.
Spin me good morning, spin me good night.

Is the theme song for what?.....hint Silas the Snail, Herbert and Lulu were characters - can you name some others?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #352
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I will have a cookie please. You didn't even miss a beat. And a poem to go with no less!! Well but you have stumped me. I don't know, nope drawing a big blank. But as I take my cookie with I will keep thinking. snail, Lulu? Don Knots? Sweet Dreams everyone, don't let the Lady Bugs (owner) bite.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #353
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
sorry I stepped away from the fire for a bit but I am back - and this is what I have been doing....

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pinwheels

Melted chocolate chips provide the filling for these peanut butter pinwheel cookies.

INGREDIENTS:
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
• 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

PREPARATION:
In a mixing bowl with hand-held electric mixer, cream peanut butter, butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, and soda. Stir flour mixture into the first mixture, blending well. Chill dough for 1 1/2 hours, or until firm enough to handle. divide dough in half. Roll each half of cookie dough out on a floured piece of wax paper to a 10x8-inch rectangle. Spread with half of the melted chocolate. Starting at long edge, roll up like a jelly roll. Wrap in waxed paper and repeat with remaining dough and chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes, then slice 1/4 inch thick. If chilled longer, the chocolate will harden and they might be difficult to slice.

Bake cookies at 375° for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

They have just come out of the Oven - I will set them out for any of you who can not sleep.....
Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #354
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thanks Sharon

Good morning, Those cookies sure taste good with morning coffee.. liked them so much I am going to make some for Marvin... could Splenda be used in place of sugar... ???? Stay warm...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:44 AM   #355
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Mornin', Annie. Looks like we're the early-risers again this a.m. Thanks for getting the coffee going, and thanks to Sharon for leaving us a few pinwheels along with the recipe.

Sharon -- I don't recognize your little tune either but it right away reminded me of this rhyme we used to do in kindergarten circle, way back when:

Ladybug, ladybug: turn around.
Ladybug, ladybug: touch the ground.
Ladybug, ladybug: read the news.
Ladybug, ladybug: go upstairs.
Ladybug, ladybug: say your prayers.
Ladybug, ladybug: turn out the light.
Ladybug, ladybug: say good night.

Yes, codybear, do give driveway camping a try. Especially with such a fantastic location. You are tempting me again with that photo -- you know how much I want to get out to California. My girls and I like to have sleepovers in the Bambi, and sometimes we just get up in the morning and take breakfast out there. We have a few black bears around here, but they don't carry can-openers so I think we're pretty safe in the driveway.

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #356
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Morning Jamie

Hi.. Early am risers... I should phone and get Sharon out of bed... .. she would be so very pleased.. .. miss our dear friends.. Jamie... we have changed our membership from the Ontario unit to the New England unit... we love Pennwood and have met Pam and Namcy there... we ended up being part of a rally there in 2004... great people.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
Old 02-21-2007, 07:29 AM   #357
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
The weathermap is saying it's sunny and warm down there in Florida today, Annie. Can you confirm that? I sure do miss that sunny, orange juice feeling I get when I'm down south. We're going back (the whole fam!) over spring break.

Have we met at any rallies? Please forgive me if I've bumped into you before and didn't remember. My mind is mush with these things, and we've only been to a few rallies a year since we joined NEU. It's a really nice bunch of people, don't cha think? But we will be moving to the WDCU with our fall registration. They are also a very nice group, and they have the added benefit of being one of those units that handles its business over the internet, which will make membership a whole lot easier for us.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-21-2007, 07:42 AM   #358
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Thanks for the recipe Sharon, looks yummy!

I'm going to try that recipe out on the guys for Easter looks tasty!

Gosh the pinwheel and the ladybug songs remind me of that
song about the cat who went to London.

Anyone remember the song "Little Sir Echo how do you do?"

Love that ladybug thread Sharon!! Can't wait to see the updates!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:48 AM   #359
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
The cat who went to London? Don't think I know that one, Tin Sista. Can you give us a few lines?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #360
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Hello Jamie.. We have been to 3 form Rallies.. bith Metro-Detroit rallies and to the Georgia Mountain Fairground last fall... met great people at both.. will definitely do Georgia again.. loved the Lake and the Park... have been to a few Ontario WBCCI rallies and the one at Penwood , Labor Day w/e 2004..willl definitely try for the Summer rally for the sisters... definitely like the Arcadia area.. Hubby works here thru the winter and I go home and work during the summer..
WBCCI 10103
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #361
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Well, Annie, now you're making me feel like I need to get out and about more. Or is that oot and aboot in Canada-speak? Those metro-Detroit rallies look like a ton o' fun. Haven't been to Pennwood yet but I was thinking of using it for a stopover on my way to the Summer Solstice rally.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #362
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Notice the time gals - gees you make a racket around the fire!!! 9:41 and my kettle has just boiled for my cup of tea - something I missed during the whole Rivette Rush.

Glad you enjoyed the cookies - anyone seen that christmas commercial with the little fellow in the kitchen with his mom and the whole place is white??? Well that was what my kitchen was like last night.

PS. I forgot to tell you all that TinSista is a Gormy Kicthen Cheif and I have decided to outfit my LadyBug just for her. With all the latest kitchen gadgets - so wherever we travel with the "sistas" Steph will be in her element. Perhaps I should have bought a larger amp intelli

I am looking for a marine grill/warming drawer system that runs off propane. I had found one last year on the Internet but for the life of me I can not find it again. It is perfect - for doing all sorts of grilling and keeping things warm - if you cook inside.

We did a lot of cooking inside in the MB - I guess we don't eat at restaurants too much and not too worldly at cooking different dishes on the Weber. Never used the oven though - thus trying to find that marine appliance. - Any thoughts...?

Okay mystery over.

The Pinwheel song was the theme song for the Kiddies TV show of the same name - Pinwheel Playhouse

Name:   pinwheelhouse2.gif
Views: 237
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:   pinwheellogo1.gif
Views: 192
Size:  11.0 KB

It ran from 1979 - 1989
Here are the characters I had mentionedSila the Snail
Name:   silas1.gif
Views: 494
Size:  13.5 KB
and Herbert and Lulu "Doodle Bugs" 
Name:   doodlebugs1.gif
Views: 370
Size:  8.1 KB
and here are a couple of others....Luigi O'Brien
Name:   luigi1.gif
Views: 283
Size:  7.6 KB
and Admiral Bird
Name:   admiralbird1.gif
Views: 284
Size:  4.6 KB

This show caught my eye in the early 80's in College when I had the pleasure of working with challenged kiddies in two years worth of "Placement" - It was something other than seseme street (which I was not kean on) and the kids just laughed everytime the show came on. They were video taped so not sure where they came from as I never did see it on regular TV at home.

Just a little snippet of knowlege you can file in the back corner
Old 02-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #363
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Since we are sharing and the cookies are almost gone and I know you are going to twist my arm and turn me upsidedown until I make some more

My most favorite show when I was a little girl of the ripe age of 4 was The Magic Roundabout
Name:   TheCast.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  8.4 KB

http://magicroundabout.com/Music/magic.wav

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the recent movie to be released.

DOUGAL!!!

....with the same cast:
Brian - Snail
Dougal - Shaggy dog
Dylan - Spacey Rabbit
Ermintrude - Pink Cow
Florence - Girl
Mr McHenry - Gardener
Zebedee - Bouncing Character

And my next most favvvveee was Noddy from Toyland
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	32793
Noddy and his Toyland Friends Big-Ears, Tessie Bear, Mr Plod, Martha Monkey, Mr Sparks, Bumpy Dog and those naughty goblins Sly and Gobbo

But the best of all was the cool Noddy Car I got for my present going into hospital to have my tonsils out and here it is
Name:   Nodmosts.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  2.8 KB
That is when I knew I was not going to be into "Dolls" but into weird funny things - things that did silly things rather than sit on a dresser looking silly
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #364
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hot herbal teas here

Hi all, I'm just trying this celestial seasonings herbal tea tropic of strawberry kind of reminds of youth and of this wine ...

Sharon I'm sorry I didn't put the tea bags out for the rush, I had them at the ready with the water just didn't get them out , see I needed a better checklist, your next visit I promise Brown Betty will be ready! Got to knit a funky tea cozy for her I was looking into this tie dyed looking yarn!
Attached Images