Old 08-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #3123
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I’m in. Following. Still consider myself a newbie since I only started AS in December of ‘17. I have a 2017 Classic with a 2017 RAM 2500. Travel with 2 little mutts that keep me company and are great in the truck. They think the AS is the best doghouse ever.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #3124
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Sorry I jumped in here just before my east coast trip. Have been back but so so busy.

Question to all. Anyone going down to the RTR in Quarzite Arizona?

Last year they ran a few days just for women. This year they have organized a full five days. All about women helping women with their rigs, from vans to class A’s, Fivers, cargo trailers to all manner of tow behinds. Qualification is anything that rolls on rubber that you use either full time or part time.

Date is Jan 4-9 and the regular RTR starts on the 10th.

I have never been, so my friend and I are heading down from Ontario (Peterborough area) on Boxing Day, day after Xmas.

05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #3125
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I have gone the last few years. Not sure if I will attend nxt year but pm me before you go..theres a few airstreamers that might go.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #3126
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLNomad View Post
I have gone the last few years. Not sure if I will attend nxt year but pm me before you go..theres a few airstreamers that might go.
LilNomad
Okay will do...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #3127
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
RTR and Women's RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ModPod View Post
Sorry I jumped in here just before my east coast trip. Have been back but so so busy.

Question to all. Anyone going down to the RTR in Quarzite Arizona?

Last year they ran a few days just for women. This year they have organized a full five days. All about women helping women with their rigs, from vans to class As, Fivers, cargo trailers to all manner of tow behinds. Qualification is anything that rolls on rubber that you use either full time or part time.

Date is Jan 4-9 and the regular RTR starts on the 10th.

I have never been, so my friend and I are heading down from Ontario (Peterborough area) on Boxing Day, day after Xmas.
We went to the RTR for the first time last year. It was highly informative, so we will be going again. I did not attend the Women's RTR because we were meeting up with some other Airstreamers. A friend of mine went in 2016 or 2017 to the Women's RTR, and she much preferred the regular RTR. The women's event, when she attended, turned into a big of a "hate on men" event. I really hope it isn't usually like that because the RTR is essential for full-timers.

At the RTR, we met CB, who is a fellow Airstreamer. He planned for those who were interested, a campout at Slab City shortly after RTR. Definitely go to the Slabs, too.

Here are my blog posts from January 2018 for Quartzite and the RTR:
https://atomicpod.wordpress.com/2018/01/

And my post about Slab City: https://atomicpod.wordpress.com/2018...-to-slab-city/
And I have other posts on Salvation Mountain and East Jesus, which are also in Slab City -- you will find those in my February 2018 archives on the right of the screen.

Hope to see you there! This year we will be travelling in our 30' FC. Last year, we went in our little Chinook motorhome.

Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #3128

Currently Looking...
Dayton , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel View Post
Great idea. Some of us are still working full time and this is our only way to "meet". BUT.......how about Airstream Sisters. I have the cute cream colored Airstream. Do have some silver hairs though....guess that counts. I was single since 1987 until Bob came along in 2002, say, I think that's when those silver hairs came along too. You know when you've been alone and independent for such a long time, getting use to the male mind is a little frustrating. Good thing Bob is such a sweet, loving person. I don't understand his thinking processes some times, but he's very sweet. He's a Construction Manager soooooooo there are loads of tools and lots of Argosy restoration expertise that came with him. And he loves camping in the Argosy as much as I do. Now that's a catch. A man with tools, who's sweet, loves to go camping, has a great job and does what I want with the Argosy.
Your Lil ole Argosy was probably made in my hometown of Versailles Ohio.

Daniel4530 is offline   Reply With Quote