Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #421
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Good morning everyone, brought some doughnuts for you. If I keep eating all this chocolate I might as well just hike over to the spa for exercise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00032r.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	32973  
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #422
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Okay, so I've just been hanging out in the shadows of the campfire...but now that the conversation has shifted to shoes, I gotta jump in! Since yoiu can't get the ladybugs (cute!) maybe these silver numbers will do:

Birkenstock Madrid
Birenstock Gizeh (my favorites!)
Crocs (you can get the little ladybug or flamingo "buttons" to fit in the holes)

Gotta grab another cup of coffee to go with the last bit of my biscotti...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #423
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Jamie, your week on Appledore sounds incredible. How did you connect with this? I am greener than Kermie! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #424
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Shari I like those sandals. They look like they would be comfy as well as they are stylish. That would be a nicer upgrade to my ensemble than my clunky looking tevas. Nice rally wear! Ok we have the feet covered now head to toe, let's see, we have our Rosie shirts...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #425
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Jamie how awesome - you will love Maine and the ocean. Many summers ago I spent two weeks on Hog Island off the coast of Maine at the Audubon Camp. It was an experience never to forget. I still have wonderful vivid memories.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #426
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Maine, One of my favorite places to visit. We have been to Tenants Harbor and then to Five Islands. Five Islands our favorite.

Foot wear: does anyone know the "Slickers" sold at Target? They are super. Come in fine colors. I learned about them from Zoe. She does not
visit the Forum. Great gal with many ideas.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #427
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
.....so I've just been hanging out in the shadows of the campfire...but now that the conversation has shifted to shoes, I gotta jump in! Since yoiu can't get the ladybugs (cute!) maybe these silver numbers will do:
Shari
What are you nuts - you are just about the coolest Rivette here at the forum - your Maxwell is fab, your parties are THE BEST! (so I have heard)
You put up with all the &^%$ from a bunch of constipated people here at the forums all bent out of shape about WBCCI with nothing better to do than to bash up people like you who try to promote the Vintage scene and just having a theme party scene. Your Rallies are to envy (so I have heard), your an interior designer - way cool and you have your own business even more way cool and ya bin hanging in the shadows outside the heat barrier!!! Boy your butt must be really really cold bout now ....move on over gals the "Queen of Vintage" has arrived I almost feel like we need a Pooobaaa hat or something.

Okay since we are thinking more along the spa scene will this celebrity do?

Name:   sheba-nav.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  14.5 KB

Jamie - yeah I was checking out the calendar and there is no way I can load you gals up in time - need 2-3 weeks delivery on some of the stuff I am looking for just kidding. It might be a bit tight to get something going - but I do still like the idea of getting to a spa one day. do you know if they have one just for robust and full bodied women - tee hee (that auta get the buffin lurkers going )

It only takes two Rivettes to make a Rivette Rush - so if anyone has any ideas fire them out.

Hey ~G the a/c Ladybug shoes is a thought - well done. Shari I like those silver babies too. What is it with Shoes and Hand bags and women - where does it come from? is it in our genes???/ Okay so I have always liked playing in the boys sandbox but I can catch up to the best of them when it comes to shoes and handbags - although I must admidt - since my latest ankle surgery the anything higher than an inch has been passed on to the big red box. And since I have lost too many purses at the stores shopping I tend to hang onto only one bag at a time now. But in my day...I'll tell ya I had a pair of shoes to match EVERYTHING and the bag to go with it.

Summerkid: the courses sound absolutely delicious - I was just looking at welders the other day thinking now that would be a handy skill to have around Airstreams and new tools to buy.

JanetB - you bought new boots??? good for you - I don't suppose they would be winter boots for snow would they?

Jamie that course sounds really interesting - how do you intend on using the skill you attain? are you into bio-design/publishing?

Carol I will have to take a minute and see what is in the line of Spas from running along the Lake Ontario, Lake Erie shorelines. If not for this coming March - maybe we can plan something seriously for a "February Blues" Rivette Rush.

We could all meet and then head down to Florida for Jamies idea - a trip south. that would be a hoot - if we all could not take a trailer then we could bunk in - hmmm wait we will have to think on that one I hear Carol snores....very loudly....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #428
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Shari, our feet like the same shoes, now about that silver toenail polish...where o where can I find it?

oh the Queen of Sheba, gee, the old folks in my family always talked about so and so acted as if she were the Queen of Sheba...never knew they meant that glamourous lady!!

ooh Jamie have fun at that class, it sounds exciting!!

An annual rivette rush would be just the thing to beat the winter blues!!
We've got to find a way to rush and get Annie, maybe we'll have to make the big sacrifice and go to Florida
Old 02-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #429
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
I have an idea!..with all the life experiences we gals have, would anyone like to have a mininewsletter to share amongst ourselves and others? We could expand our collective ideas and thoughts, recipes etc. into text??? p.m.me if interested.
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #430
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Rally in Fla

Hello Silver Sisters.. Was at the Sarasota Rally for the am flea market and the Airstream store.. some good deals at the store but we passed and will go to Jackson Centre when we get to that part of the restoration... flea market.. not much we saw.. anyone needing Astrodome for Airstream.. know where they can be gotten for a reasonable price.. just pm me.. saw some vintage trailers but it was not the same as when we went with Sharon and Peter 2 years ago... I think a number of you should come down next winter and we could all camp together... we will be going to the Rally next winter with the Argosy done up the nines..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #431
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Okay, so I've just been hanging out in the shadows of the campfire...but now that the conversation has shifted to shoes, I gotta jump in! Since yoiu can't get the ladybugs (cute!) maybe these silver numbers will do:

Birkenstock Madrid
Birenstock Gizeh (my favorites!)
Crocs (you can get the little ladybug or flamingo "buttons" to fit in the holes)

Gotta grab another cup of coffee to go with the last bit of my biscotti...

Shari
OK, I have crossed the line-in-the-sand and will post in this thread, but I may have a solution to your lady-bug and shoe issue. If you own a pair of Crocs (slip on foam clogs) they make push on "flair" they call it that mounts in the holes. They have lady bugs to embellish the shoes with. Look in the link below, I am not attached with the company in any way - just saw this stuff in the store the other day. BTW - I was buying the flamingos for my wifes Crocs and saw the lady-bugs too.

Jibbitz :: Personalize Your Crocs
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #432
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
OoOO look what I found today - only two but I thought they were so cool and retro looking and will go with my mustard yellow accents too.

Hey Tinsista they match the little tea light can! They are perfect Sherry GlassesClick image for larger version

Name:	100_6949.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	32999

Will have to check out those plastic shoes. I have to have the custom birks so not sure I could where those for too long - but slippers with LadyBugs is a must.....
Old 02-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #433
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
OK, I have crossed the line-in-the-sand and will post in this thread, but I may have a solution to your lady-bug and shoe issue. If you own a pair of Crocs (slip on foam clogs) they make push on "flair" they call it that mounts in the holes. They have lady bugs to embellish the shoes with. Look in the link below, I am not attached with the company in any way - just saw this stuff in the store the other day. BTW - I was buying the flamingos for my wifes Crocs and saw the lady-bugs too.

Jibbitz :: Personalize Your Crocs
Uhhh....that is the same link I attached above as "buttons"... Booooyz...

Shari

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 02-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #434
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Shari, I stand (bent over of course) corrected.....

Pardon me - I think I will slither back across that line-in-the-sand and remain with the rest of the men, too scared to even think we are worthy to post here. So sorry..........
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #435
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
auuu come on the poor fellow gets a A for effort right?

Were you honestly trying to put one in that we did not already know
Old 02-24-2007, 07:03 PM   #436
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Hi Silvertwinkie! Thanks for stoppin' by. Can I offer you a cup of coffee this morning?

Yes, lookin' around the campfire here you'll see it's pretty much just us Airstreaming "chicks", but being that it it's an online rally I'm sure there are a few guys around here somewhere. Every once in a while one of them speaks up, or stops by to lend support for our efforts and some kind words or good karma. Not really chicks only so much as guys enter at your own risk.

-J
Way, way cool. Mrs. Twinkie, still has yet to learn to tow the rig, but me thinks when it happens, Mr. Twinkie won't see much of the Safari!

All I can say is, you go girls. Good on ya!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #437
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Hey Clancyboy, thanks for reiterating the shoe info. I (as usual) need to hear everything at least twice before I get it! Good and courageous of you.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #438
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Mornin' everyone! Coffee pot and hot water are on, and I picked up some maple donuts this morning. Decided to take a break from cooking. Just help yourself.

Looky there, I see that Shari has joined us! Welcome, welcome! Love those birks you've got on! They're the best for 3-season sandals, just add socks. So what's the scoop on the silver nail polish? I missed it the first time, but someone said you had knowledge of such a thing.

Well, even if we don't get together in March for a BRRR, we're going to have to find a way to do a "Georgia on my mind" brrrthday party. Hmmm, get your thinking caps on gals.

Sharon -- I'm taking the courses because I want to be a botanical artist and illustrator when I grow up. The end of the coursework is drawing nearer, but I'm not sure when the growing up will take place.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #439
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Ahhh...the silver toes~

Good morning all! Girls, you are too kind - what a nice welcome...I'm blushing!

The Toes...well, it's a semi-tacky thing I do every summer, I have since getting into Airstreams...Maxwell likes it when I dress like him!

I have two polishes, one is more of a paint and one is basically a glitter in clear polish. They stay on forever...as a matter of fact, it's kinda tough to get off! I think I got them at Sally Beauty Supply:

Paint: Savvy Nail Lacquer Color: "Chrome"
Top coat: Nina Ultra Pro Color: "Silver Slipper"

Then this last summer in Salem OR, I was shopping in one of the little beachfront boutiques and they had this other one that is sun sensitive. It is silver but changes to a dark pink in the sunlight! Pretty cool stuff!

Del Sol "Ruby Slipper"

I told you it was delightfully tacky!

Shari
I can't believe I just posted this ~

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_0085.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	33023  

Old 02-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #440
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh too cool - that would work much better than Por15

I do paint my toe nails in the summer - but my hand nails are just a waist of time to do up - as I am always gardening or doing something to chip scratch and mess up the polish - I do not like wearing gloves - can not feel the dirt!!

You go girl - let me guess do you have the little itty bitty airstream dangle earings too?