Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #3053
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Wow..so what's up Michelle - you buying an airplane now and going to fly the world. It has been a very long time - I do hope that all is well with you?
I lost my FAA medical in March of 2008. I have not been in a general aviation plane since. I developed Neuroapthy in my legs and my hands. I though I was going to retire until the economy tanked.

I went back to school finally wanting a Masters in Computer Science. I have run out of money and now need a job.
The reason I am selling the 31 Classic is I cannot get it into many Federal, State and Local parks. Most have a limit of 25ft. I also have a Motorcycle to replace my Airplane. I would like to take it with me and the bed of the truck is not an option. Out front on a mount won't work either the bike is too heavy. So a Toy hauler is in my future. After I get a job....

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #3054
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Preeceville , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
Sorry to hear you were at RUH. I hope all is well.

Hopefully we'll get to see you at our spring rally next year. It will be somewhere in Saskatchewan.

This summer, we'll be looking to camp where there is water because we just got a Hobie tandem kayak. Otherwise, one of our favorite campgrounds is Outlook Regional Park (shhhh! Don't let too many know! It's hard to get a site there).

How about you? Any favorite camping areas?

Take care,
Lisa
I have to tell you, when I was is RUH I overheard a Dr. ask a guy what was wrong. He said " I was stabbed four or five times", the Dr replied "where"? The guy replied " in Outlook" - Dr says " no, I mean where on your body?"

Anyway, thanks for the tip, we will check it out. We have been in SK three years today so have lots to explore still. We have camped near Preeceville, I liked Lady Lake regional park. It is small but quiet, nice lake to fish on. We have been at Good Spirit but I am yet to get a quiet nights sleep there. We mostly go to our property in Manitoba. It is really close to the Manitoba side of Duck Mountain Park.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #3055
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyT View Post
I have to tell you, when I was is RUH I overheard a Dr. ask a guy what was wrong. He said " I was stabbed four or five times", the Dr replied "where"? The guy replied " in Outlook" - Dr says " no, I mean where on your body?"

Anyway, thanks for the tip, we will check it out. We have been in SK three years today so have lots to explore still. We have camped near Preeceville, I liked Lady Lake regional park. It is small but quiet, nice lake to fish on. We have been at Good Spirit but I am yet to get a quiet nights sleep there. We mostly go to our property in Manitoba. It is really close to the Manitoba side of Duck Mountain Park.
Oh my goodness! I have to laugh even though it's sad! Are you sure you weren't at a comedy club instead of RUH?

Good advice on Lady Lake and Good Spirit (I don't like noisy campgrounds). We'll check out Lady Lake.

Have a great summer!

Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #3056
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Time to put another log on the fire. Had someone call us already to ask if the AS is for sale. Our little trailer has garnered a lot of attention since we got it. It is the only one in town, a neighbour's son really likes it - the kid's got taste :-)
Old 06-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #3057
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Bummed out right now. Huge windstorm last night and today - put the power out at 10:30 last night and stayed out until 7:30 tonight. That wasn't too bad. We had a big tree come down in the yard and land on the back of the AS. Poor little thing is in rough shape, not sure if it can be fixed. I just feel sick about it, thankfully no one was hurt so I guess I should look on the bright side.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #3058
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Oh no Missy, sooooo sorry to hear that!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #3059
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
oh no

I hope that you will be able to have help with evaluating whether or not it can be fixed. I am so sorry you have to go through this ordeal.
Two years ago, we had 6 or 7 trees land on our 29 ft. Excella. Yours doesn't have any excess footage. That sick feeling is just horrendous. We were able to go to JC and have ours repaired.
I wish you the best of luck!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #3060
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Catching up..

Hey Michelle I missed your post - I'm sorry to hear about the turn of events. But you still sound very positive and that is a great thing. Life does throw us some crazy hard curve balls some times eh!

Toy Hauler sounds like the perfect way to go. I do hope you land yourself a nice job and can start putting the pennies away for your new toy.

Misty T - wow what rotten luck!!! We have been so lucky all those years living in the forest with trees landing on the boat and the trucks but never any of the airstreams we had parked there -

My Modpod was damaged by a tree but you would never know it - Factory repaired.

However, yours being a vintage - might be a little more testy to repair - can you post pics....

It is a horrible feeling though to see damage done to our babies that we have mostly searched and decided and persevered for so long to get...

Chin up - there is insurance - and you will always find another if it is not repairable...

PS I just posted photos of my AS over in the June photo Contest with a bit of my story of late...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415...t-91998-4.html Post #47
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #3061
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Missy, I'm so sorry to hear your news! That is so terrible! Definitely try to get insurance to cover the repairs and transportation to a reputable dealer (or the mothership). You have to have your baby back!

Trees were coming down all over Saskatoon too, but our power was out for only 6.5 hours. The rural areas got hit the hardest. What a horrible way to start the long weekend. I'm sick for you.

Lisa

WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #3062
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hope this finds all faring well. Happy Independence Day All! 42 years ago today Brad and I were married in little brick church in my old neighborhood on Chicago's North West side. Add on the four years we dated all through high school ever since we met the summer after 8th grade graduation and we have been together 46 of our 60 years on Earth.

PETER GABRIEL SECRET WORLD (DVD QUALITY) - YouTube
Old 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #3063
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Happy Anniversary and Happy 4th!!!

I have attached some of the pictures from our wind storm incident.

WARNING - Graphic Images that some viewers may find disturbing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream 1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	162371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream 5.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	162372  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream 3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	162373  
Old 07-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #3064
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Congrats Carol and Brad - a marvel for sure!! Wishing you both many more happy happy years....

OMG Misty T - you were not kidding. No problem just need to find another ass with it's front bashed in and pick it up for a song to fix yours...Have seen it done many times - start combing the US for that pour left over AS out in the field that no-one wants to take on. Good Luck!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #3065
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
How sad, hopefully all can be fixed to "almost" new and no one was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyT View Post
Happy Anniversary and Happy 4th!!!

I have attached some of the pictures from our wind storm incident.

WARNING - Graphic Images that some viewers may find disturbing
Old 07-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #3066
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Congratulations on your anniversary, Carol!

Missy, wow! That is so so so SAD! It was such a cute trailer. Protect her well, and hopefully repairs can be done.

Lisa

WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)