Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #2955
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Hi kposey (aka Kathy, aka Tatiana (good name!) Thanks for the fun and encouraging note. Campground trash, huh? TOOO funny!! Yes, I hope to just hit the road in a few weeks and have an adventure. Maybe Texas is in my near future (a silver sister suggestion!) so all I can say is look out world! (ok, not world but at least USA for now). My daughter lives in Queens so I'm sure I'll be out that way so I can see the Eastcoast Silver Sisters and all those in between! If any of you can come my way, I'd love it, too! Thanks again! Take care.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #2956
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Ok, I'm realizing of course, what is obvious to me now, is that I should have just written one reply to all of you. Leave it to me to do it the hard way! Dag Nab it!!!

JuliannneJ, thanks for your welcome! I just want to say first and foremost...LOVE THAT TATTOO!!! It's so cool! I have been looking for California events and can't wait until I get to go down there! I really wanted to go this years Silver Sisters rally in California but "No wheels, man". I know it's gonna happen though! Until then, take care and see ya on the threads!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #2957
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Hi Mryna. Thanks for the warm welcome and the ideas for connecting with other RVing single women. I will definitely check out their websites. I remember reading about the LoW group and their RV site in Deming NM (or AZ), I can't recall. So, thanks again for replying. Take care.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #2958
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Hey Andrea from silversled. I tried to reply to the message you sent but got an error message. Something about me being a newbie and scam stuff. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for the great idea. I haven't checked out the event link yet but I think it's going to be perfect timing and a great place to go for my first outing. I am actually going to be in Austin next weekend. I'm taking a seminar with one of my sisters. Anyway, I love Austin so who knows, I might just see ya at that rally! Thanks again for the heads up and the link. Take care.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #2959
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
OK, I'm done.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #2960
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey I am enjoying the activity and reading your posts. You take as many as you want, space is not a problem. Welcome and hope to hear much more from you. We are under snow with reports of more on its way. WHAAAAA! Have been to the West coast twice now with the Airstream and am pining away for that weather and terrain.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #2961
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Thanks Wheel Interested!

Hey thanks! I love your humor, btw. It feels so good to laugh! Anyhoo, I hope you stay warm & cozy in all that snow! Thanks again for the warm welcome!! I'll be seeing ya!! Take care.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #2962

1965 22' Safari
clovis , California
Safari Sister

I have a 22 ft 65 Safari, just working out all the fix-its. Do any of you know what the orig curtains look like. I have nautical, sailboats, etc in blue and red. They look original but don't know if they have value or toss em. I am a Sister on the Fly. are any of you?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #2963
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Welcome Safari Sister! Nice to have a Sister on the Fly with us. I love seeing those trailers and envy your excursions. I know there are silver sisters here that enjoy flyfishing.

I had a look at these Airstreams in the archive but they all had different curtains or non. I bet Shari would know. She does wonderful prizewinning restorations of the vintage Airstreams.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f91/...irl-31084.html

65Safari

Also you can use the AirForums advanced search engine to locate 1965 22' Safari owners and look at their galleries or private message them to inquire.

We would love to see pictures of your Airstream. Will you be having graphics put on the outside? The ones I have seen are all so cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sofair.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	126527  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #2964
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonto View Post
I have a 22 ft 65 Safari, just working out all the fix-its. Do any of you know what the orig curtains look like. I have nautical, sailboats, etc in blue and red. They look original but don't know if they have value or toss em. I am a Sister on the Fly. are any of you?
Welcome to the forums shonto...

I'm on the fly all right and definitely a sister! but don't do well in that context of the real sisters on the fly - with all that fishing - oh my. I can tow it anywhere but will cave in a second having to either put a worm on hook or take a fish off a hook - and would not have the patience to sit more than three seconds waiting for that perfect "land" is it??

I do remember many years ago reading all about the club and thought it would be really great - just fishing is not my thing. However, my girlfriend loves to fish - apparently - but she has not had the pleasure to find out my talents in that area yet - ha thank goodness - might be a quick end to a wonderful friendship. Thus far we stick to the sticks - golfing that is.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #2965
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
checkin' in

Hi Silver Sisters,
Just checking in. Looks like we have lots of new members here. I was just wondering how many Silver Sisters will be at the Alumapalooza rally at Jackson Center at the end of the month? If you are coming please look me up.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #2966
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Gals - it is pretty quiet in the neck of the woods. Only took me a few minutes to catch up from January - where is everyone? The poor newbies will think we have all been hi-jacked by some aluminities alien or something.

Lets see - what is new on our front...Peter and I are selling our home - going to list for when he goes back to work. He is hoping all will be well on that front by June 6th. So we have spent the last three days purging and emptying all our out buildings. Making several runs to the dump and putting all sorts of stuff ready for a garage sale or auction - I'm voting on the auction cause I am not into garage sales. Some of the good stuff we will put on that site called kijiji. Sold lots on there actually.

Have worked through the basement and three outbuildings. Now we face the huge garage and the other storage shed and you can bet what those are filled with - YEP airstream parts - way way way too many of them. Have a few people interested in a few things but then we are going to put the whole lot up as one big sale. If no takers then it will go down to the auction.

We have a few reno jobs to do in the house before we list - the main one is to put in a two piece in the master bedroom. The rest is just touch up and staining. Install some flooring in the sunroom and change out the exterior doors for new ones.

After that - Peter says he will tinker with the Ladybug and get it finished. Without any other big things on his plate that should keep him happy until we sell.

Me I have the gardens to do - they have been neglected now since about 08. In the interim I am applying to the south for an internship with either a daily or weekly newspaper for a couple of weeks. For my school internship requirements. I have to do a stint in Canada in the Spring of next year - so it will put me on the top of the list with the US experience.

I hope to get in some traveling this summer -but not if the pennies from heaven don't fly my way. With the house purging out of the way and selling off our personal stuff I should pull a few pennies and free up some time to work on some freelance sales.

Peter is learning quickly that after surgery you don't bounce back like you were 20. All new to him. He has excellent sugars and is doing well at the purging and moving stuff to the dump - but a little disappointed in his energy levels. Have been giving him the pep talks in having more patience with himself and not to overdo it. I guess what he does not realize is that his body is like an infection right now - and the immune system wants to fight the new cells, whereas the drugs are resisting - so he has a big conflict inside that will sap his energy until it all levels out.

He is itching to get back to work - but I also think he is a little apprehensive at the same time. I hope to take him out for a weekend in the Modpod once we are all set with the house being listed. Then we can sit back and relax.

I have lots of maintenance to do on the ModPod. Corrosion is the big one. Tail lights are terrible and some filiform in spots here and there. The underbelly tanks all need sanding and re-painting. A few little things inside the trailer too. Just stuff that has worked its way loose with all the miles I have put on her in the last couple of years. Need to upholster the new L-seating and anchor it down a bit better as several screws came loose my last trip.

So what is everyone else up to?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #2967
1 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
1975 26' Argosy 26
Flora , Indiana
Hi loudruff,
Trent and I will be at Alumapalooza and will try to look you up! We will be traveling with my sisters and brother-in-laws with their trailers. This will be a first time for all of us. We are really looking forward to just having a good time. The pics from years past sure look like fun. Hope to see you there.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #2968
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hi again

We will be there. Larry and I will be helping folks get parked. We are praying for no rain! It is so so so soggy here. Another band of storms just moved through our area. We were lucky and missed the hail.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote