Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #401
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good Morning Jamie

Hi... How are you this am? I am playing baker this am... have cooked cookies and made two cheesecakes... one blueberry and one cherry .. for our pork roast dinner tomorrow night at the clubhouse here in the park.. ... will make one to share later for the Sisters..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 AM   #402
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Good Morning -brrrrrrrr

Just had a great idea!! It was such a nice surprise at the Rivette Rush to have a little B - Party - there was a fab Brownie Chocolate delight with a ton of candles hmmm and even Party favors. (you should have seen the hair fly over who would get what colour tea light. I even got a really nice present with a sun and moon (which I have already got the spot picked out in the Dr.MoonBeam (2)).

Why don't we have BBRR.... Lets see BBRR what could that stand for... BBRR it is cold....BBRR Breeze on through OR

Birthday Border Rivette Rush

So this got me thinking I need to order up some supplies for the LadyBug (e-bay and various RV supply places). What a perfect opportunity for you all to throw another birthday bash and come bearing my own gifts .....That takes care of the gifts but the more important part is the Party.

Since those Western Gals are doing a cool Rally in March and I know us Eastern/Northerners are just soooo jealous!

We are all patiently waiting up here in the freezing cold for T-Shirt Weather I say bring it on NOW!

Lets do a spa thing (never done one before - but you gals are giving me so much confidence I really don't care that I am hanging loose in a few places, have some extra wrinkles, not quite perfect "hairlines" and have a few license "tags" hanging about the skin kind I mean - the tell tail of hitting 40 and beyond... okay so now I am officially an Older Adult)

All you U.S. of A. gals can get in a practice run crossing the border without your trailers. We can pick a spot somewhere not too far from the belt line that would give you each about 1/2 a day drive (of course I'll go anywhere but across the belt line for at least another two months I don't think my nerves could take it.) You could also "Caravan" but make sure you have a big enough vehicle to bring my new fridge with you

So we have from Cornwall to Sue Ste Marie I would travel to any of the stops along the way....okay lets drop the SSM one there might be about 10 feet of snow up that way until March of next year!

Annie I think you should come home EARLY!!! too. Just get in that newspiffy little car of yours and Marvin can follow behind when ready with the behemoth.

If -D- has not already found this thread I can invite my new friend along too - MoonBeam AKA (The Silver Stallion???) new owner - she is a blast too and know she would fit right in.

I just don't know about this - that Rivette Rush felt like we had all known each other for years!!! What a cool feeling and I just gotta get me smore of it. Not too mention it was the only good idea of getting some serious shopping done for the LadyBug without attracting any attention.

So anyone have a Birthday in March??? and do you all have your pass ports? if not get on it ladies now before the big summer rush happens.... not a good feeling not being able to leave your country when and if you want to just because of a silly document - just ask LadyBug!
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug0031.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	32928
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #403
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sharon.. Hello... what are Peter and you doing Easter w/e.. ??? We need together... will be home Thurs Apr 5.. Touch base with you later ..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #404
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Love that ladybug on the flower photo Sharon, just what we needed this wintery day. I am definitely having rivette withdrawl, what a nice bunch of folks! It was just like meeting old friends wasn't it? Well put Sharon!!

I think the spa idea is super, just don't know about the scheduling thing for me, gotta get my documents in order...see how long uncle Sam takes to send them back...

Can't hardly wait for that June rally!!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #405
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
A spa Ohhhh nice! Pamper me, yeah baby. We don't have passports either though. It's always someones birthday, somewhere. BRRR, I like that Sharon. Hope its warming up for you there, it's starting to here. The sun is even out!!!!

Quote:
that Rivette Rush felt like we had all known each other for years!!! What a cool feeling and I just gotta get me smore of it.
Definitely. I felt the very same way! You girls are the best.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #406
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
I have been away from the fire for a couple of days. Was enjoying the couple of days of warmer weather - we even took the horses out for a trail ride on Wednesday. They enjoyed it as much as we did.

Oh my gosh Carol did you ever take me back to my childhood TV watching. I even found stufff on the local Detroit Children's TV shows that I remember.

Detroit Kid Show Page!

Especially Milky the Clown and the puppet show that was on his program and Soupy Sales. What fun to go back and remember the simpler times.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #407
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
I don't have a passport either, but it's up there at the top of my to-do list so I ought to get moving on it. Sorry, no March birthday here either. But that doesn't matter, we all have a birthday this year and we can't all get together for all of them, so we'll have to just have one birthday party a year and make it for everyone. Like Sharon says, the keyword is "party".

Cheers, all!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #408
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Buffing buddies??? The guys have taken notice of the good times on this virtual campfire. Interesting ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #409
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Buffing buddies??? The guys have taken notice of the good times on this virtual campfire. Interesting ~G
giggle giggle - they marvel at the fact that we can go so long in a thread without getting all bent out of shape....like for example there are hundreds of ways to do decor - but we do not get all silly if someone likes blue over red.

We have various blenders for the martinis but we don;t get bent out of shape because one is a kenmore and the other is a sunbeam

Why we can even discuss cooktops to have 2, 3 or 4 burners and STILL don't get bent out of shape...... Cause at the end of the day - we really don't care who is bigger, stronger, richer or poorer, pretty or plain, plaid or pokadot - we just like to Party and have a laugh

"Girl power to us all" and I don't even mind sharing a bit with some of the grrrrfff fellows out there too. (whom I know I have tinkled in some of their ponds over the past couple of years )
Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #410
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Passport schmasport.....not til 08

I looked at Uncle Sam's website, he suggests if we (US citizens) travel the Western Hemisphere by land or sea we won't need a passport til 2008, course if we fly to Canada, we need passports. Here's the link US Dept of State. I understand the Canada born gov of Michigan, Gov. Jennifer Granholm is working to keep it tied to drivers licenses so it may be different next year too, who knows. I personally think the easier they make it for us to visit our friends in Canada, the better!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #411
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
help!

i've been a bit of a ghost the past couple of months and feel completely left out.

have you guys had a rally already?????

I WILL NEVER CATCH UP!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #412
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
......... I personally think the easier they make it for us to visit our friends in Canada, the better!

Oh yeah Oh Yeah we gonna have a paaarty!!!!

Now all you have to do is say yep lets go lets do it - lets go to the North Pole and visit Sharon tee hee......

It is the off season - rates will be cheap in March - so how about Niagara Falls - they are pretty with all the ice!

End of March gives us almost 4 weeks to plan - we can make a Rivette Rush Happen in like 1.5 weeks - 4 weeks will be like a year!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #413
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
i've been a bit of a ghost the past couple of months and feel completely left out.

have you guys had a rally already?????

I WILL NEVER CATCH UP!!!!
Where ya bin whatcha bin doin?

Okay Online Rally - crash course.....to catch you up in hurry.

Eat a chocolate bar
Drink some cheap plonk
Buy a quicky camera and run outside and take a picture of anything
Put a log on the fire
Grab a stool
Think of your favorite meal - now go cook it and share it with everyone
What were your childhood characters
Eat some more chocolate and now try a taste of Sherry
Listen to the thrill of a "Rivette Rush" - not a rally just a rush in and rush out Country to Country fling.
Grab a blanket
Cuppa tea, coffee, coco or hot chocolate with a hair lifter in it
Snuggle close to a sista and tell us a funny story about anything at all.....
Old 02-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #414
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh man - I have been looking at all sorts of "LadyBug" stuff....and I wish I could get these - but you have to be a kid - shucks....

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7782135/c/27396.html
Old 02-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #415
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, cut out the heel, cut out the toe, super glue what's left to a flipflop sole. . .I donno, might work. Those sneakers are great though!

Summerkid, hello. . .and it's about time you joined us Come on, there's room here if we all shift over a little. It's past coffee time and onto something. . .well, whatever you like. The campfire warms us on one side. then we all do a firedance to warm up the other side and settle in again. Well, a few of us have a warmer locale for the fire than others so some sit closer and some kick back a little, but it's all working out.
Sorry, sisters, but your March party will be too far away for me, but I'll check in every day to join the fun from down here in Missouri. By the way, if no one is speaking up for the birthday day, I'll give you mine. Do I dare. . .oh, shoot, why should I care? Every year is a gift of God. I'm 65 (!!!yikes!!!) on the 22nd, so if that gives you a rally, go for it. We can party long distance--we've proven it here BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #416
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I've been seduced by another forum, a gardening site, can you believe it, and hanging out there 10 hours a day. I'm kind of over Airstreams for the moment. I haven't succeeded in doing a thing with my four (probably a different four than when last I spoke to you) and am a little frustrated with them.

Plus, I've gone back to college, taking 3 classes at the local community college (don't laugh) and am loving it. Midterms are next week for basic welding, jobsite management, and AutoCad. The 3 classes are very different & mesh beautifully. I'm shocked at the high quality of the school; I'd pictured local colleges to be classes that met in a dim seniors' center with broken equipment.

Maybe when summer comes I'll be all over the Airstreams again. I still have to pick up my Wee Wind in Eugene, where it's stored for the moment.

OK, back to studying!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #417
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thanks alot Sharon. I checked out that site and ended up with a new pair of boots! Exhausting work...I could sure use some of that sherry about now. Wow this fire is roaring! Nice to be around this group of silver mavens who know how to tend to things!
jb
Old 02-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #418
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Summerkid, good for you. Are you planning on designing or building something? Now you really should be wearing the Rosie shirt, don't ya think? We missed you and hope you do come for the summer rally the third week in June, keep it open in case your thoughts turn to Airstreams. Hope they do, so we can meet.

Ladybug slippers were cool and now Janet got boots. Is that a good site for footwear?

Georgia I just saw the Buffin Buddies thread, now I know what you are talking about. Funny post about their online name turning pink if they were caught browsing in here. LOL

photography
Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #419
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Niagra Falls nippy you think? Glad we have the fire going. Where's the sherry?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp niagara_falls_frozen_1911.bmp (578.7 KB, 39 views)

photography
Old 02-24-2007, 05:04 AM   #420
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Sharon, you're crackin' me up with your posts. What a happy bunch around the fire last night, and I missed it!

Welcome back to the campfire, Summerkid. I'm a fellow student -- just one evening course this semester, but with lots of writing to do. This summer I'm spending a week on an island off the coast of Maine taking this course.

So, Sharon, timing will be tricky on a b-day par-tay for Georgia. I'd have to work it around school assignments, and hubby's travel schedule.

Tin Sista, thanks for the passport update. Looks like we can squeeze by for Canada this time, but we better be thinking ahead for next year.

I'm off to put the kettle on. Coffee and hot water for tea, too. I'll pour a cup of Earl Greyer for the road (I'm off to hear a talk in Providence this a.m.) and the rest is for you all. -J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote