Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #2899
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Congratulations, Laura, on your new job and getting through school! That is exciting.

Our camping season is just beginning and I am so excited about it. This summer was just too hot to do much camping, so we had to sacrifice and stay out on the boats at the lake. LOL! Went to Raccoon Mtn (Chattanooga, TN) last weekend and going to Georgia Mtn Fairgrounds (Hiawassee, GA) for a rally this weekend. Heard there is an Airstream Rally at Camp Jordan in Chattanooga now, but it must be a WBCCI Rally because I haven't heard anything about it.

Will be home for Halloween with the Moho decorated and ready to hand out treats. Um, where to go the first weekend in November??? I'll have to think on that one.

Colors are just now starting to turn down here and the trees are getting beautiful. I just love this time of year!

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #2900
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Laura that is so cool! Congratulations on being one of the few selected. I think it is ideal for you. Thanks for sharing your great news with us and hope you keep us posted with pictures too. Have fun with your dad at Whitefish Point. You are going to have so much fun at school and so many new friends. It's super.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #2901
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I was not accepted to the school yet. That is why I have a campus visit, to try and get accepted!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #2902
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I am rooting for your acceptance Laura! If not there then I know you will pick an equally impressive and interesting alternative. I like your thinking!!! And I wish you success. I remember my enthusiasm many many many moons ago when I applied to Rodean school for girls in Brighton Sussex England. How I wanted to go on those fox hunts...

photography
Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #2903
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Yes, congratulations on making your plans for the remainder of your schooling, Laura. We are all sending very best wishes your way. And, to think that if accepted, you'll be in Traverse Bay...an area we loved and hope to return to for another visit. Only strong positive thoughts allowed now! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 AM   #2904
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Congrats Laura! Looking forward to hear of your acceptance and next adventure!

I as well haven't posted here in awhile, but we hope some of you can make it down/up to Ohio the last weekend in October (29th) for an end of season Honeymoon Rally at Findley State Park. Michael & I start our adventure as husband and wife October 23rd... yikes... 2 days away! When asked where we are honeymooning... well in the Argosy of course, still close to home, but he isn't taking a week off of work for a honeymoon. Just a few days. But we hope to meet up with some good friends to end the camping season for us! So, if you're looking for something to do... come sit around the campfire with us (we may even have our wedding pictures to share around the campfire by then!)
Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #2905
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Loren and Michael congratulations on your wedding day!!! And a great honeymoon rally!!

Name:   t5509.gif
Views: 212
Size:  10.0 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	lyrics%20weenies%20beans.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	113792

photography
Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #2906
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
It's almost your wedding day...so exciting. Ours was 47 years ago October 26 and we are now proud carekeepers of a 20' Argosy...we seem to have much in common You're camping for your honeymoon; we'll be camping for our anniversary at a wonderful trout state park here in Missouri. Our Argosy is not yet ready for going on the road, so we'll be taking her big sister, our Airstream, Gypsy. We'll toast your new young marriage this weekend while we also toast our slightly older union Congratulations! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #2907
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
We just recently celebrated our 37th year anniversary. For our 35th anniversary we purchased our A/S (Sempi 2- in memory of our beloved pup-Sempi) We have had 2 years so far of many memorable trips. As we retire the end of this year, we are so looking forward to many more trips.
We wish you many-many more years of happy loving camping. Best to you, Susan
Old 10-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #2908
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Congratulations on your plans, Laura. I wish you great success and happiness.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #2909
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Laura, that is fantastic news. I wish you all the best in getting accepted. What an ideal place for you to spread your wings and get into a field I know you will do so well in.

It is also fab to see that you have a big picture plan for your future education. It is great to set your own personal sights for self success. Just remember to keep all your doors open and if one thing does not pan our quite as you hope there is always something better just around the corner than you least expected.

Glad to hear you are still getting out with your Caravel and enjoying time camping.

I have been itching to get out as soon as the first day of school started. So I am on the road now as I type, enjoyed a lovely day with Dannie - got in late Friday night around 11:30 - ha I was so afraid that I was going to take out a car or tree or even their pride and joy Queenie - since it has been such a long time backing in anywhere - not to mention doing it in the dark and after driving from 9:00 that morning. I was glad to hit the sack for sure.

I head out early in the morning to visit my friend in Charleston for the rest of the week and then peddle to the metal on Friday to get home a decent hour on Sunday. My knee surgery is the next day so this week will be a good distraction. I am staying home the week of the surgery and have all my assignments lined up. I have a bit of homework to do this week so hopefully it will not mess up my golfing tee off times!

Then it is back to school and we are off on the 18th of December to Jan - and I of course do not plan on spending it up in the snow!!! but south with my clubs.

Happy camping and snowbirding to those lucky ones out there. Hopefully I will be able to spend a full winter south by 2012!!! and have some sort of freelance business going by then to pay for gas and put a bit of food in my belly...
Old 10-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #2910
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Here is our Preview DVD!!! Enjoy the 5 minute display of what our day was like in pictures!
Animoto - Loren & Mike
Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #2911
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
WOW! Thanks for sharing your wedding with us Loren and Mike. That video is beautiful, wonderful music and the photographers did a fabulous job. I love the group shots and the candids. I especially like the one where you are on your dad's arm and you are looking back with such a great smile on your face, and the pics of Mike by the car and walking with his friends. All the pictures are so nice. The little ones look so sweet too and the dogs even got in on the festivities. All our best wishes for a wonderful life together.

photography
Old 10-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #2912
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
Here is our Preview DVD!!! Enjoy the 5 minute display of what our day was like in pictures!
Animoto - Loren & Mike

yes, thanks for sharing! It's so wonderful to see a new couple begin their life together. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 24th anniversary this summer. Time flies when you're in love