Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #2871
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Hi everyone... it is so heartwarming to come and catch up and see all seems well....

I wish I could tell you all that Gregg and I made our great adventure but we didn't ... he lost his battle on March 12 and well guess I lost it .. self pity what ever you want to call it.. we did have our dreams just laying in the big silver twinkie and I still have her along with our dogs... have no clue what to do next but I will try to come out of my cave and visit with you all... never know I might learn to work all this stuff one day.. well back to catching up and thank you so much to those who gave so much support when I barged in like a tornado just thought we had a yr not 4 months..... remember Sisters love that man no matter how mad you get that is one thing I can say is our last months were so so cherished and how I regret it took the final days for us to realize what we missed by silly bouts

Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #2872
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Victoria,

So sorry to hear about Greg and was wondering about you. Sometimes you just have to withdraw and take the time to grieve. Do what you have to, then come on back out. The world awaits.

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #2873
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Victoria,
So very sorry to hear about your loss. What you said about treasuring the love ones in our lives is so true. Most of our disagreements are so unimportant but that is difficult for us to learn. I know things will be hard for you during this time but remember you have us.
Myrna
TAC: CA-3
Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #2874
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorialhq View Post
Hi everyone... it is so heartwarming to come and catch up and see all seems well....

I wish I could tell you all that Gregg and I made our great adventure but we didn't ... he lost his battle on March 12 and well guess I lost it .. self pity what ever you want to call it.. we did have our dreams just laying in the big silver twinkie and I still have her along with our dogs... have no clue what to do next but I will try to come out of my cave and visit with you all... never know I might learn to work all this stuff one day.. well back to catching up and thank you so much to those who gave so much support when I barged in like a tornado just thought we had a yr not 4 months..... remember Sisters love that man no matter how mad you get that is one thing I can say is our last months were so so cherished and how I regret it took the final days for us to realize what we missed by silly bouts
Prayers coming your way sister. Truer words were never spoken than to not sweat the small stuff. May God grant you comfort as you work through your grief. Hope we can meet at a chick's rally down the road!

Teresa
Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #2875
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
My condolences too Victoria. I wish you had more time together. Your advice is very wise and we thank you for the reminder. It is all too easy to get priorities jumbled in busy days but the real importance of our days should be the people we love and who love us. We are glad you are here and to hear you have traveling and visiting planned for the days ahead.

Carol
Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #2876
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
So sorry to hear of your loss but at the same time so very glad that you were able to have that extra time you thought you would not have with Greg.

As they say time will heal all wounds, but you will never loose all those memories and special times you have had with Greg. Let them soothe your heart and take all the time you need to pick up the pieces and carve out a new chapter in your life.

I really do hope that you will gain the strength and courage to venture out with your airstream and live the dreams and hopes for Greg in you heart and spirit. We are all here for you. You have been very strong through a very difficult time, which should prove to you that you can and will get through.

I hope that one day, we may meet on the big road of adventure and travel in our silver dreams.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #2877
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So where is everybody?

I am now in Charleston where it is oppressively hot and humid. Only here for a few days and then heading on my last leg home leaving Friday.

It seems that I can not escape the heat no matter where I travel this summer.

I drove from Denver to Kansas - Wichita and spent four days in ridiculous heat at 106-7 I only stayed in the trailer one night to settle the dogs - but then I opted for my friends laundry room for the girls and inside AC for me. Of course we all spent most of the time inside!

I then headed to Kentucky for the weekend where it too was in the 104's both with unexpected Humidity. So I figured heck why don't I just go right into the heat, then I may appreciate this winter more - since I will have to forego my SnowBird activity this winter and next for school.

It has been a bit of a bummer cause I can't bring the girls with me in the car unless it is running and with no hook ups in several places I certainly can not leave them in the trailer - and some of the camp sites I have stayed at also do not allow you to leave your dogs unattended inside or out - go figure!!! I guess it is because of all the LITTLE yappy dogs that bark all day and run around like maniacs from window to window in the RV's - my girls just flop on the floor and sleep - oh of course if I do not leave the windows open for Taz to see she turns into a gerble and chews all the paper she can find.

It has been a great trip and I have seen a a lot of places I want to come back and spend more time, and others well just the fly by was enough tee hee. It all seems a blur now and I will have to sit down and get to all the photos I have taken. I will try and post a few more this week.

So Dannie are you still up for company? Let me know sweetie and I will keep in touch. Not sure what my pull out time will be on friday - so it maybe one of those pull in the church late at night and move over in the morning deals. All depends on what T and I get up to. It is terribly hot so I do not move too fast or I am drenched in seconds.

Would love to see you both if possible but don't change any plans or if I am imposing no worries. I know it is still rally time and you love to take off to the mountains - especially with this heat!!! Hey maybe I could meet you in the mountains??if you were headed that way.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #2878
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
on the road again......

Life is continuing on its usual crazy and hectic way. We will be here this weekend. We leave out next Mon. (16th) back to the mountains. Black Forrest campground in Cedar Mountain on the NC/SC border. My sister Beth had a brain aneurysm and is gravely ill. I have just returned from a week in Atlanta keeping vigil at her bedside. She is still on a ventilator but beginning to show signs of improvement. We left Queenie in storage at the campground so we have plenty of room for a visitor. It sounds like this maybe your last trip for awhile so I hope you can make it. We have the air on and you and the dogs are welcome inside!!!!!This has been the hottest summer-even in the mountains and I am more than ready for fall. We have some catching up to do-how is Peter?Just let me know-the welcome mat is always out for you my friend.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #2879
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Life is continuing on its usual crazy and hectic way. We will be here this weekend. We leave out next Mon. (16th) back to the mountains. Black Forrest campground in Cedar Mountain on the NC/SC border. My sister Beth had a brain aneurysm and is gravely ill. I have just returned from a week in Atlanta keeping vigil at her bedside. She is still on a ventilator but beginning to show signs of improvement. We left Queenie in storage at the campground so we have plenty of room for a visitor. It sounds like this maybe your last trip for awhile so I hope you can make it. We have the air on and you and the dogs are welcome inside!!!!!This has been the hottest summer-even in the mountains and I am more than ready for fall. We have some catching up to do-how is Peter?Just let me know-the welcome mat is always out for you my friend.
Prayers coming your way for your sister.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #2880
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
... My sister Beth had a brain aneurysm and is gravely ill. I have just returned from a week in Atlanta keeping vigil at her bedside. She is still on a ventilator but beginning to show signs of improvement. ........We have some catching up to do-how is Peter?Just let me know-the welcome mat is always out for you my friend.
Oh Dannie - I just read your post, I am so very sorry to hear of this and all my prayers are sent to you and your family and very special prayers to your sister in hopes for a full recovery!

Perhaps this would be a good time to share my big ole shoulders to help just a little to give you a bit of comfort from your dear friend.

I am leaving the camp around 11:00 - have some dog food to pick up and then Terri and I are having lunch and I will be on my way. By all accounts I should be there well before dark this trip - but I must leave around noon on Sunday.

My Father had a terrible fall last week and has horrendous bruises, and is refusing to go and have himself checked out so I am sure he is waiting for me to come home.

Peter is just about ready to be put on the recipient list - just waiting on a few medical financial clearances that he hopes he will receive by the end of this coming week.

I am waiting on a college schedule change approval that would put me only needing accommodation 2 nights a week for the first semester, instead of the full week. They have me with one class on Monday and one on the Friday. There are classes I can move to but they like to keep you in sections - I am hoping they will make an exception due to my financial situation, not eligible for any educational assistance, being married..see there are negatives to being married ROFL!

I have had a wonderful time with T - despite the heat and humidity - we even toughed out the golf course yesterday for nine holes. The girls have welcomed the AC.

Thank you for the offer to stay inside with you but I really do fear my girls would tear up your place after your ***** cats - I would be mortified if they caught one. They are shedding something awful too. My AC runs on a 20 amp plug and I am sure you are not as hot and humid up there as it is here - and it was at least one night possibly tolerable with all the windows and vents running. How about we play it by ear Your offer is so very generous.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #2881
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
the spirit of gratitude

Hi Sisters! Let's get this rally going with a few new logs in the firepit.

I came across a quotation today and I want to share it with you. The words felt special to me. We all have difficulties to deal with from time to time and sometimes we are just too stressed to make our way and we may flounder, or wallow, or stumble awhile, losing our joy and the big picture. Encouragement and support and a spirit of gratitude go long to drastically improve ones disposition and outlook. Sometimes it seems like the more we need encouragement the more we withdraw from those that can offer it. So here are a few words that made a big impression upon me today, along with hugs to all my gal pals here. I hope all are faring well and look forward to hearing from you again and what you have been doing.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Melody Beattie

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #2882
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Carol and sisters. It's been hot here in the middle of the mitt again .... and h u m i d. The weatherman says a high of 69* for Sat. Go figure. That would be a much better time to make that campfire in this neck of the woods. Ike & I took a pre-breakfast pontoon cruise around the lake yesterday a.m. and again before a late supper. Sun bad, shade good, A/C terrific!!

Our Sarah has embarked on a new adventure and the family couldn't be happier for her. She has left her job with Western MI Univ., taken a part timer with Oakland Univ. and will continue her doctoral studies full time when classes start. We moved her belongings across the state almost 3 wks ago, she finished up the last few days at her job and then stayed with us for a while before going to her new place to settle in. She got a lot of water skiing in and we so enjoyed having her here.

Mary & Mike have spent several wknds. with us and all be here for the holiday. Like always, everyone around the lake is hoping for good weather for the " last hoorah" of the season. I can't believe fall is nearly here already. I wish you all a really nice , safe wknd. whether near or far from home.

Carol, that is wonderful quote. Sometimes things like that come along at surprising times and give us food for thought. Thanks for sharing.

That's pretty much it for me. What interesting things have you other Sisters been up to???

nitey to all, ~ S

ps Sharon, I happy Peter is having a chance at improving his health and hoping all will go well for you two from here on out.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #2883
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Melody Beattie
That is a great quote Carol - I can so relate to those words on more levels than you can imagine right about now.

Thanks for sharing....

Sue - thanks for your thoughts.

We just got excellent news that a subsidiary Government Drug plan is going to cover his post surgery meds. This was a huge "if" and we were actually teetering on selling our home in preparation for the long term medical costs.

We are still recovering from the 4 year land fight where our credit rating took a huge slam. We only have a few more months to go now before we can be placed back up in the Good Payers category. It really is a bad thing when people meddle in your life. But as the quote infers above - we have so very much to be grateful for even though we have faced such adversity over the past few years.

Peter is going to list fairly soon now - we were tying his list date to the listing of our house but with today's news we are re-thinking or re-visiting our immediate plan.

I am still heading to College. Because of the distance and this specialized program only being full time attendance. I am having to move closer to the College. So I have rented a farm 10 minutes from the College which I will be sharing with a few roommates TBD at this point.

It is very exciting but scary as well.

I had a great trip out west as did Peter's shorter version. I took a bit more time to come home than it took for us to drive out to Edmonton. Peter really enjoyed the stress free travel in not having to do any of the driving. Just sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery. He really need the chance to unwind from his terrible ordeal over the winter. He was able to go into his assessment week nice and de-stressed.

I have been very lucky to have been able to spend as much time as I have in ModPod. But now it is time to get back into life a bit more seriously. It has been a very un-restful 4 years, along with the loss of Mum - all very emotional and traumatic. However, we all seemed to have surfaced on the other side with a fresh new outlook and a specific focus for each of us.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #2884
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon come bring your chocolate flavored sherry to the fire. I've got some spice cookies and we can all settle in for a chat especially when the others arrive. I am glad to hear that you and Suz have had a very exciting and productive summer. So many new plans for the future, that is super to hear. I have some news myself. As I wrestled with my decision to go to Kentucky and work for Amazon in shipping for several months for the holiday season just to find some kind of employment, I went to sleep with a prayer, and woke up with an answer, a phone call of an unexpected job opportunity! I had an interview today and tomorrow I meet the client as a new home health aide from one of the local agencies. With Brad and I each having a part time job now we can begin to make our new way. Life sure is full of curves. There have been blessings to appreciate and lessons to have learned, the most recent, that happiness comes from attitude and not circumstance and that we do not direct our very steps but must yield, having faith, to find peace. So yeah I am very excited over the new prospect of having a job and being able to plan a few simple indulgences now and then, like gas money to move the Airstream. Well, now I can dream anyway...

Cookie anyone? Where are those restorer gals? Seems to me they had some proper projects that were looking good last we heard... And who has just finished up or is planning an awesome trip? Lou and Larry stopped by on their way back from Fantastic Vent. We had a moveable driveway rally all the way from Ohio!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote