Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #2759
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Oh my, all my secrets have been revealed!!!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #2760
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Well that was an interesting day. As the made rush out of the park by 11:00 some weenie out there decided to take out one of the water spigots - sorry you definitely know it was a guy to pull that off so well

So I was without water for a big chunk of the day - not that I really needed it. Next as I was posting this morning a storm flew in and took out the wifi so I have been cut off most of today. So I decide to watch a few DVD's One would not even work so I had to take it back and they gave me a different one - it was doing great ha till the end of the movie!!! So I did not really get to see the proper end I had to go to UTube to at least the last 8 minutes of the movie but I missed the whole set up of how it would pan out...Michael Clayton was the movie so if anyone knows where I can get the scenes free - I'm dying over here. It is like reading a novel and your puppy comes along and east the end of the book...

Anyway back to a few more pics. You could imagine when I got asked to go out to "Shag Night" ha just kidding - we decided to head out after the bar for a coffee and ended up at this sweet place actual I felt quite at home there. Dannie and I had been on several different occasions. But this night was Shag night. We listened to the music for a bit that was playing on the other side of the cafe.

And a few more of Dannies charges - of course with a Vet as a BF, you can count on taking on a few fur babies....and Dannie has a few. D I am sorry I can not remember all their names...

And it was so nice to see a bit of Spring after driving 800 miles south to wake up to 2 inches of snow!!! but it was gone by the end of the week and as you can see the weather was Beautiful on the 6th.

Dannie is very talented in so many ways. I caught her sunning and making baskets out of grape vine the morning I was getting ready to leave.

Now I will confess - I did have permission from Dannie to post these two photos but not the one in the previous post - so Gals help me out here as I am going to have to owe Dannie big time....

Thanks for being a great sport Dannie - but notice there are none of Me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0324.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	98568   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0323.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	98569  

Name:	102_0318.jpg
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	98570   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0313.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	98571  

Name:	102_0298.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	98572   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0299.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	98573  

Name:	102_0310.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	98574   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0306.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	413.9 KB
ID:	98575  

Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #2761
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Beautiful photos, Shar. Sounds like you had fun even with the challenges. Dannie and crew look gorgeous :-) On my own front, I have decided to back out of the deal with the old Liner. I am looking at a 1957 and hope to be able to buy that instead. I took the husband and the two dogs seven hours one way to go see it yesterday. With any (good) luck, I will have it. I should know in a few days... Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #2762
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
OM--Sharon... that is awful about your knife fight-- yikes. I am so glad that you didn't do worse damage. I have you in my thoughts for a speedy healing... and that the ability to use your hand will not be too damaged. Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #2763
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Rae, sorry you have such a struggle. Hope the 57 works out for you. Maybe we can get together this summer.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #2764
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just a quick update...stitches came out Monday with much persistence, but I was not a total baby. Was a bit queasy at one point but my girlfriend is so very gentle. Still seeping so we had no choice but to go with the steri strips. And I still have to bandage and change it 2- 3 times depending on the seepage. I really did quite the number and it is taking exactly the time it needs to heal for the wound that I have. I would be much easier if it was just a straight cut into the skin but no I have to go all out and slice it up an inch or so to!

But the laceration is shrinking everyday and is not quite invasive looking even under the steri strips. I will be left with a nice scar but with a bit of work with vitamin e cream I should lesson it over time.

I am gaining a bit of strength as I use it more, but still having trouble with the tendon to the thumb, it is quite painful and no torque as they say.

All in good time and I have to be patient - ha not one of my best traits.

Rae - good luck on that 57....I just think I saw a 50? bubble which on the weekend if still there - ha Dannie I am going to stop in and ask about it - it is sitting in a junk yard as T says the place is....What a time not to have any money on hand...

Eh Carol like those two we saw on the way to the side trip to River something or another - getting old and can not even remember the name of that gorgeous park, where towdaddy keeps her As..

I think it was a 1961 Tradewind with Pink fixtures - I bet if I drove there it would still be there. He had the 1963 GlobeTrotter as well - one of those hoarder type people that never give up their possessions.

Road my bike with one hand yesterday - I am so darn bored I have to do something other than sit inside this trailer all day long. I am feeling much better now - and will have to spend the weekend moving three times before my next and final week stay here.

It will be very hard to leave knowing that I am driving home to face major surgery. I thought I would have had a nice relaxing holiday - instead I inflict trauma ha ha of all the bloody luck..

Now if I had just stayed sitting around this campfire I think I would have been just fine.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 AM   #2765
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Toasting marshmellows might have been safer :-)
Not exactly great for the diet.. but..

I'm glad that you are healing and on the road to recovery.

I will know soon about the trailer. I know of one bubble - a '57 actually- done up flashy from the photos- for sale in NC. I'm sure there are others though. A little too small for me right now, not that 18' is a whole lot bigger...

Crossing fingers- got the cats' and dogs' paws crossed too-- hard to walk them ike that-- ha ha.

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 04-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #2766
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well I had a really nice week. Still down in Charleston. Have spent a lovely week with my friend, although we had planned to do all sorts of golfing, I sort of put a kybosh on that plan. So we went property hunting instead, and going out for lunches at nice restaurants. The weather has been great these last few days.

I had to move sites twice last weekend and they were having me move 3 times this coming weekend. Unless you book a year in advance you are lucky to even get a spot. It is spring break here starting tomorrow so it is pretty crazy.

I checked with the office this morning and they were able to get me a site for the full weekend so I only have to move tomorrow. I have 4 more nights to sort out for next week, and will see if I might be able to stay at the camp here. But I do plan on at least pulling out down to the beach like I did last Friday. You can take your trailer and park for the day but no overnight parking. So I would run back to the camp overflow instead of staying in the walmart parking lot.

The beach pics were taken last Friday. Since then it has only rained once on the Sunday.

I am leaving here Thursday Morning and heading through Wilmington and then on up to Cedar Island where I will stay the night in the ferry parking lot and catch the 7:00 am Ferry to Ocracoke and then on up to some friends who are having a "Beach House" weekend up near Duke. I will be leaving there mid day Sunday and heading home.

My wrist is coming along. It has been draining for such a long time. About mid week we removed the steri strips, leaving only one on. The wound finally stopped draining on Tuesday. Although my hand is now swelling up a bit by the end of the day, it is so nice not to have to change dressings 3-4 times a day. It is super tender and still have swelling over the area that the skin was pealed back with the knife. But it is healing nicely - wish I could say the same about the scar it has left - but I guess over time it will shrink and hopefully not be so noticeable. It is getting stronger, and this extra week will do it good before I have to start driving again.

It really does seem the longest 22 days ever.

Well lets hope the weather stays nice and I can get some great time in at the beaches before I have to head home.

Name:	102_0536.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	99248

Name:	102_0539.jpg
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	99247
Old 04-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #2767
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon, how is the healing coming along? And how is Peter and what is new on the home front, even though you are on location? Great shots at Danalee's. Please post more of your pictures whatever they are, except for blood on the floor...

Victoria, how are you faring and your dear hubby's health?

Hey Rae nice to meet ya!

Danalee are you embarking on your trip?

Judybug, KPosey, what's up?

Carol Clark, what is going on with you these days? Are you back in the Airstream now?

Me... I have a new job. I am working in dietary at the long term care facility I have been at since last summer. I look like this, or maybe like I have a bad toupee!!

Name:	ruth.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	100104

Gosh I am tired, I start at 4:30- 6:00 a.m. and I have always been a night owl. You guessed it, I look tired all the time, and I am. Hope it gets better soon...

I have this urge to watch three old movies, anyone remember them? Norma Rae, Silkwood, and Flashdance. LOL I am giving this working thing my all. At least the Stream is here and I can sit in it, though I long to be on the road and exploring...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #2768
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Hi Everybody! Glad to read about latest news. My news is rather sparce as we havn't taken any long trips yet. We did Guadalupe RV River Resort last month and that worked out well. The two grandkids stayed with us and we had a grand time with nice weather. The rv park is only about an hour from our house, but it took us about 4 hourse to arrive there. Once we got to the storage place to hook up the tv and safari I spent about an hour getting everything ready to roll out of the gate. It was my first time for hooking up by myself and it was a learning time for me. I'm happy to say I FINALLY got all the chains and bars and do dads in the right place. This was also my first time to actually pull the trailer without directions from someone else. Proud to say "I DID IT". Hook up at the park was a challage having arrived at dusk and no flashlight in the glove box. Have to say, I need more exercise! Slept like a rock that night even with hubby snoring. Looking forward to a trip further north in about 6 weeks . Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, since that trip I have been to Arkansas, picked up a truck on a tow dolly and brought it to Texas. It was more difficult actually that pulling the Safari since the tow dolly didn't have a break assist or sway control. The only rule the u-haul person said was "don't back up". Well, that took some planning and careful watching at service stations and such. Anyway, I figure it was good practice. Made it home in one piece.
I remember those movies! All good ones, but not really that old.
Looking back at this post, I'm really a blabber mouth. Never was before.
Judybug
Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #2769
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
FANTASTIC!! Every time you hear another Rivette has made her first tow, another angel gets her wings. You Go Girl!
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #2770
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
wooo! Good going, Judybug!!
I didn't get the one '57 I had looked at in FL. Was outbid at the last second on eBay by a sneaky bidder. Then I learned of someone who might have an Airstream through another forum member. I took a drive out there and low and behold- a perfect specimen. I didn't hesitate to buy. I know the journey will be challenging but I intend to succeed. My goal is to have her road worthy by fall. It's a shell-off restoration, new frame with more beef for tanks and any support issues, new wheels and rewire, insulate, re-seal all windows, door, etc. I might not get the inner skins on by then, but hopefully I can get it stable enough to tow south (the resto will happen in CT where my husband has the classic yacht yard). I can put a mattress in there and use a portable stove, etc. and go camping!! Over the winter in FL I can refinish all the woodwork- or template new wood where needed. Order the parts and supplies for the interior that are missing, etc. I know that once the metal part is complete, the rest will go easy-ish for me since that's all very familiar. I'm very lucky in that I pretty much can devote most of my time to the project, and not a full time job elsewhere. I really want to be able to share my home on wheels with all my new friends (and my old ones too). I'd love to be able to meet everyone and spend some time camping together-- in our trailers :-)

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 04-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #2771
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Thanks for the cheers. Makes me smile.
Judybug
Old 04-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #2772
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just a quick checking in.

Made it home on Monday.

I left Charleston on Thursday at 6:00 got into the Ferry Parking lot for 2:00 - now that was a slow boat to China drive.

Next I did the Ferry to Ocracoke all the way up the Outer Banks OBX better coined to a little place called Duck! - now that was a slow boat to Africa - or is that the African Queen.

Had a great time - arrived before anyone else and just set up camp on the driveway - not a soul around - but still got her in with two inches to spare from the deck over hang.

The drive home seemed even longer cause I just did not want to go home not this time.

The preop is today and two weeks I will be under the knife - ha hopefully by someone who knows how to handle sharps better than I do ROFL!!!

Peter is starting to feel much better but still has a ways to his own full recovery - seems he will be off for a while longer - and will be a big help to me following my surgery. I checked out the crutches and I will have a heck of a time lugging my lard AS around on this poor wrist now!!!

Our lives though are finally starting to look up.

We have sold the Waterfront Lot - and the silver lining it has been sold to the Princess Margaret Foundation for their Lottery - the 2011 lottery.

For those who don't know it is a lottery where all the proceeds go to Cancer Research.

It would be sweet poetic justice if we purchased tickets and actually won the prize now wouldn't it.....

We are glad that this chapter is finally over and we can now have some closure in our lives. They are letting us keep our boat there for this summer and the fellow across the bay said Peter could keep his boat there at his dock.

I tried my hand at kayaking - Peter helped me in - basically roll and drop in and roll out and hoist up I can not put my weight on the wrist with the hand flat down but locked in I can now. But I have to be careful it is not healed yet still.

Peter had been busy in the Kitchen and finished the Island and done lots of little things around the house. I hope that he will find himself a team to play slow pitch this summer and to start getting out there again socializing.

My last day at the Folly Beach Spot and you can see the Spring Break crowd got pretty big.

Name:	102_0733.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	100336
Then my first ever Ferry ride

Name:	102_0770.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	100337

Name:	102_0843.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	100339
And a second shorter Ferry ride in with the big trucks not sure what was more nerving!

Name:	102_0816.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	100338

Name:	102_0928.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	100341

Name:	102_0929.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	100340

JudyBug - that is fantastic!! Congrats and with only a few more times you will say Oh my what was all the fuss about this is great and so much freedom to do as you need and want - the road is yours girl!!!

SilverFox - wow a woman with huge dreams and courage to take on a shell off....that is a big job girl - so what exactly will you be doing - do you and your H share specific jobs. Will you be keeping a photo record of your progress?

Carol - Oh my that picture is so becoming of you and brought to mind what it would be like to go to work every day again. I hear you - it was tough getting up to go to school that is for sure. I am glad you are doing fine and enjoying the work other than being tired - your schedule will adjust soon enough.