Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #2731
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey there Annie....NOPE I love to travel but I don't have a death wish..This is a huge system coming through. I am all packed and hitched up just waiting on the weather to clear. I will see what the route is like in the morning...it may delay me till an afternoon departure.

We made the deal with the fellow in VA we are so pleased - I have the truck loaded up with as many parts as possible this trip. When I get back mid April I will take another trip back down with the Landscape trailer with the rest of the parts for my new friend Mike..

Peter will now be able to pull in the Ladybug into the garage and finally start working on her.

Hopefully our lot will sell in the Spring and Peter can pick up a nice little TV for the LB.

It has not stopped snowing all day - we have had to blow out the driveway so that I am not contending with over a foot or so in the morning. Have pulled the ModPod out of her dry hole. Have a few things to do in the morning and the last of the packing. Then it is just waiting on the weather.

Poor Dannie and Richard I have had to change my arrival twice now and I just don't know what sort of damage will done with this storm in NY & PA on the way down - they are calling for power outages too and I want them to have the time to clear the roads too. I may even have to leave on Sat!!! geeeshhhh....

I have postponed my arrival in Charleston for Wednesday - but will get there in time for some nice weather I hope.

No worries the hitch looks high in this pic - just the driveway and that would be my tool bucket under the trailer it sits at the door when I am on the road....
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5293.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	96975

Name:	103_5299.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	96976

Old 02-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #2732
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Hi all,

I am in the hospital, waiting for my dinner, wish I had some exciting news for you, but unfortunately I landed back in here because I was trying to be more healthy before my last surgery and took a new drug named Chantix. It apparently made my mind go a little a little haywire. So here I sit waiting around in this very interesting ward, twiddling my thumbs...

I'll write again when I get some news to report,

Yours truly,

Carol

Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #2733
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Ha Carol, you gotta take care of yourself, not go loony! Hang in there and get outa there!
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #2734
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Carol, Hope they get your medication straightened out in short time so you can return to your beautiful country surroundings and your Airstream. Who is watching the pooches? If you weren't so far away I could stop by for a visit. I work at a health care facility and really enjoy gabbing with everyone. Hope they have plenty for you to do and the food is good. Keep us posted.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #2735
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Waiting to hear from Sharon, doubts she get to leave today - the storm sounds horrendous. Its cold and windy here but at least the sun is shining. We definitely will be putting on some oak logs tonight. Carol hope you are home by now. The one good thing about Feb. is that ists hsort and March will be bringing some spring days.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #2736
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
snow snow snow

Hi D - just in - been clearing the bloody stuff most of the day! So wet and very very heavy.

We had about 8 inches yesterday and another 9 or so over night ouvey!!

NY and PA interstates are a mess right now - and with the high winds and mild weather coming in the road will be really slippery. PA is still getting a bit of residual snow as this front twirls a bit longer.

I will see what the road conditions say for tomorrow morning.

I have unhitched so that I could clear the way for my blower. But keeping fingers crossed that I will be leaving tomorrow. If not then definately Sunday. And as my friend in SC is so very very sick I may not be headed to much further south right away - gives us lots of time to chin wag and unload all these airstream parts contemplating popping the kayak up top to do some river kayaking??? but it is cold out there and I am now in here chilled to the bone.

Hey Carol I do hope you get those meds sorted out - it is really amazing what the wrong meds can do to us...our bodies are such a marvel really. Be careful and hope you will be back home soon.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #2737
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sharon... Keep us posted when you leave and hopefully the weather will co-operate.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #2738
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Has it or has it not stopped snowing????

Well except for the flurries up top now around the corner of the lake via Kingston - she is good.

So I am heading out in a few hours. Will run the mountains during then next 7 hours and keep my fingers crossed that all will be good.

Of course I will take my time and get off if the roads are not cleared to my liking.

Woke up to 9 inches yesterday and spent the day clearing snow...

Had to break down too - and clear off the roof of ModPod - just a bit too much up there and would cause me some extra drag for sure.

So see you soon Dannie

Name:	103_5306.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	97084

Name:	103_5314.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	97085
Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #2739
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Have had a real dolly mixture with the weather down - Have made it as far as New Milford and the snow was starting to accumulate on the roads so I am sure it would just get slippery if I keep going. So time to pull off.

Took me 15minutes of my phone time to get the flying J wifi up and running darn freakin mac and safari - why don't companies have a separate notation for Mac users to make life easy...arrrg

Anyway - all is good.

Hi Dannie - will try and send you a mail soon... only have 200 minutes for 5 weeks on my phone- might look into something different.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #2740
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
OK glad you are safe and resting. There are some down sides to having a Mac! LOL
I'm going to head to Huntersville to see the grands. Pasta salad and tun salad is in the fridge and Richard is anxious for you to roll in the driveway. See you when you get up Monday morning!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #2741
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Sorry more of you can't be here around our fire. Sharon arrived safely and caused a stir in the neighborhood with her amamzing backing skills. We have done nothing but laugh since she got here. We've been joined off and on by the neighborhood gals who have taken pride in Sharon's ability to travel internationally with her Mod Pod. I don't think she intended to come south to enjoy our snow but we just cranked up the fire and made the best of it. Don't think the temps are going to cooperate for us to go kayaking but I'm sure we will be able to entertain ourselves. R has hung in there having his home invaded by ladies drinking Bloody Marys at eleven am and cackling into the night. They say laughter is the best medicine-if thats true Sharon will be in good shape to face her ankle replacemnt surgery. Well we got another two inches of snow yesterday, cold, wet and sloppy but the sun is shining today so we ill get the salt washed of the Mod Pod and see what other mischief we can get into.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:52 AM   #2742
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Hi everyone. Just checking in on everyone. Not much to tell here. Gregg is in the hospital ... I tried to go to the store and got confused. I miss him not sure what will happen when he leaves. I wish I could be with him it is very lonely doubt I can do this long.

I did find silver sisters on facebook. tried to load pictures but it flopped

You guys take care and I think of you often in prayer and thought... wish I could have gotten to know all of you ..
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #2743
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Victoria, hang in there and know that you and Greg are in my prayers.
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #2744
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Victoria, you should know that you are in my prayers also. Don't give up, you are loved.
JudyBug