Old 02-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #2717
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
How about that chocolate brandy or sherry that you make, what is it? Bring some over to the fire please Sharon and I'll grab the cookies. Ladies anyone else for some?
Ha I do believe you are referring to Chocolate Raspberry Port, and the only stash I think is available would be over at Annies place - might sweet talk her into joining and bring a bottle with her

Yep no plans here either...kinda hard to plan anything of late - but the hope is there for sure.

Peter is anxious to start working on the LadyBug - might even be re-naming as the Modpod has become hmmm shhhhh Mine.... Long long long story.....one day over a campfire but you must sit on the other side so that I don't knock you on your AS again...

Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #2718
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Chocolate raspberry port, oh yeah, that was it. Maybe I better get myself a new chair...however I seem to have been working agressively on my center of balance lately...think suma wrestler. Ha ha!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #2719
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Road trip!

Seems the cards and the gods have aligned my life in a way that can let me be in "unleashed and lovin'it mode again"

Peter is on the mend, Dad is good, They both love the winter and I hate it. So they can keep each other company....

Sold a few parts and got my gas money and that is all I need for my green light to get the ModPod on the road south for some golf and R&R. I need to loose 30 pounds in 5 weeks so lots of riding and slimming will be going on for sure. At least I can drop about 10-15 in that time.

Real late from my originally planned October departure. But life throws you all sorts of paths to follow....and sometimes they just take a complete about face!

Sold some parts and got Peter sorted with his supplies. Although too little too late for College, but perfect timing for me to salvage a mini snowbird trip. And a nice break before I am totally laid up for 4 months with the surgery.

Charleston South Carolina - here I come - with clubs in hand - so get those shop vacs out to dry off the courses and crank up the heat!!! time for your winter to be over and spring to be sprung.

The Huge downfall - I will be travelling without my camera OMG - it is in the Nikon Factory for a full warranty work up - geeshhh who planned that one....

Could be a Best Buy point and shoot trial...

Dannie - my departure has had to change to Thurs 4:00am so I will still be getting in sometime Late Thurs - I am thinking I might just stay with you for the two days and just pop over to my friend Stacie for a short visit - as I will be seeing her and her friend at the Beach House Party in April.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #2720
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Here comes the Sun!

WOW Sharon, so glad to hear you are going to have a road trip. I know it will put the stars back in your eyes and be good for what ails ya!!

Let me join you in adding a bit of good news from over here. Today I got fingerprinted! No, I am not incarcerated. I am being screened for employment at the facility where I have been volunteering. I will be training to become a dietary aide. Fill-in hours and weekends but my foot is in the door. You know me I like to stay near the food...

click for animation
Click image for larger version

Name:	emot-dance-big.gif
Views:	77
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	96828

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #2721
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sharon- we will keep the lights on for you. Be careful!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #2722
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Congratulations Carol..that must be a big relief..and to boot around food OMG you lucky stiff...will you get freebies....you can bring all of them to the campfire...you might get some takers now that it is free tee hee...

Well lets hope for the stars anyway.... I need to get in a few games of golf to make me really happy - I was talking to my clubs today as they found their spot in the back just nicely

I do wish that Peter could get away for at least a week, but while on SD he cannot leave the Province let alone the country - oh darn

He will have free rain with the ModPod for weekends on his own when I return. I think he has a week off in May - so it will be his turn to take the MP for a nice ride somewhere. Maybe the week I have a friend to come and help me for a bit - he will feel good to have a break.

After my trip I will be content to sit tight and recoup - Ha I hope

Dannie I can't wait to see you again, and to see your sweet Silver Queen. (now you tell Richard I did not forget him either, I am sure he will beat you to it in telling all about his vacation home away from home. You sound like you had some really nice holidays this past summer and fall.

So is it cold and snowy - apparently NC has had more snow than we have - yep seriously.

Well have some running around to do tomorrow hitch up when I get home and get out on the road.

Thanks for leaving the light on....
Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #2723
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Hi gals, I have some exciting news. I will be leaving for Haiti on April 6th for 20 days as a volunteer in Haiti. Please go to my blog at Humzoo.com/reera I have written a couple of blogs about my trip and if you want to donate where you know the money will benefit the Haitians you can donate to my Rotarty Club which has agreed to manage my trip donations. I have already raised quite a good portion thru sales of my arts and crafts and am hoping to take enough to get into the hands that really need it.This is a dream come true for me and only possible by the wonderful support of friends and family.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #2724
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
OMG.

Where the heck have I been that I haven't noticed this thread?? Under a rock I guess...

Sharon - I wanted to let you know that I found your thread about getting your Mod Pod and surprising your husband to be very entertaining - your enthusiasm for this whole project had me riveted (har har - bad Airstream humour there).

You're just around the bend from me - I'm curious - do you ever attend any of the Ontario rallies? (I'm not a wbcci member, so I've never attended...).

And Dannie - wow. I'm very impressed - wishing you much luck in your adventure to come. Good for you!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #2725
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Congratulations!

I will for sure dig deep into my pocket to make sure I find something to help you along Dannie....

What fabulous news - ha I too was tossing and turning all night - had gone to bed at 8:00pm so I must have felt your excitement all the way up here.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip and where you will be and what wonderful work you will be doing for those terribly unfortunately people.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #2726
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Michelle - and a big huge welcome...

My H and I used to belong to the Ontario Club - but at that time it was just not our cup of tea.

We recently went to a fall Rally - popped in for a pot luck. And see that the club has changed in a lot of ways (of course to the better) a little less hmm how shall I say this politely - ha can't so lets just leave it at that

I am thinking about re-joining, but really just want to get into - Solo Ladies night out sort of events.

Love the guys and the dynamic is fine - but it is like the days of each of us having our own thing to do. I am just not one of those woman that at a mixed gathering is happy with the guys out in the garage and the women in the kitchen deal....I want to be out in the garage too as well as prepare and eat the great meal in the kitchen - and when a group of determined women get together we have such a fantastic time.

When I return I will be contacting the Ontario Unit to see if they might have me back ( ) I would love to organize some small Eastern Ontario "Rivette" mini Caravans. Something really small to start with. I had met a few women at the Pot Luck who would love to get away for a weekend on their own....but you should have seen the raised eyebrows from some of the men....Well for the ladies hear at the campfire - we certainly know how to get our rigs out solo and we have had a fabulous time doing it. And although our H's will never admit it - they LOVE to have the DOMAIN all to themselves....

Ha I come home to Queen at full decibels in the forest and just smile as I walk in the door and he does not have a clue I have arrived home ROFL!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #2727
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Sharon - you are a breath of fresh air! You're too funny - it would be fun to get together for an Eastern ON rivette of sorts...

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not very experienced when it comes to towing our baby, but what I lack in experience will undoubtedly be eradicated when we drive down to FL in April .

You're originally from the UK - correct? If so, I'm also ashamed to admit that I get all my UK gossip from the Daily Mail - don't hold it against me!

Cheers,

-Michelle
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #2728
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey that will be great. I hope your hubby is open for you to learn (if you want to that is - not everyone wants to).

It was kind of funny for Peter and I, we were so green at the RV scene we learned together in including all the fauxpaws (intended spelling as we have dogs) too.

Our first trailer we picked up was MoonBeam - and the poop we went through was enough to write 10 books about. One day I just might get around to that.

I just like to get my hands dirty always have. Peter always works so hard and these last few years has such little vacation time. It is nice to give him a break on the road, so I drive as much as I can and do all the camp set up and take down. Besides women are much better at organizing things JMHO on that one

It works out great really as he just takes the girls for a nice long walk while I am left to it. Then he does a great job at getting the meals ready - so it all works out in the wash - ha neither of us do that so we end up taking way too many clothes tee hee.

But it is also really nice to just get out on your own too. I am amazed at how tidy the trailer is when it is just me in there - even when I have the girls with me....

So where are you headed in Florida? How long will you be there?

I am just possibly working on a side trip to Alabama if the fellow is up for a personal delivery of parts to save a bit of denaro....not sure though.

Sort of hanging around now waiting to go but can't as we have one vehicle and Peter has an appointment this afternoon
Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #2729
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Michelle, Welcome and thanks for the kind words. Towing is a necessity for me but it can be done.
Spend sometime reading here on the forum. I learned so much here. I started with a short trip with friends to get my feet wet so to speak. It hasn't all been perfect but much better as I go. Just stay alet and focussed. I am just now learning to "back up" but I have also learned how to ask for pull throughs (be sure to ask if there may be any trees in the way) and to check out depth and width of sites. You have to plan way ahead like when you teach a new driver. You have to anticipate what the other guy does. Give them plenty of room and let the world speed by. You can do it!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #2730
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Michelle...and all other Sisters... Michelle.. the Rally for the spring is at the Ottawa Municipal Campground , May 14, 15 and 16. You would be welcomed without being a member. It is called the Shakeout Rally. We will be going to it. We really like this campground, just off the 417 at the exit for March Rd.
Sharon if you are travelling in this snow please be careful and travel safely. See you in the spring.

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote