Old 01-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #2675
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Happy new year

To you all.

Vic that is great news, sending you lots of prayers, for all the special times you can have with Greg. The power of HOPE is a marvelous thing! I am willing to bet you will get back in that Trailer of yours.

Our new year is shaping up just fine!

I posted our Overlander on the Wednesday evening and I sold her the next afternoon. While I would have liked to sell all the parts too. We are so pleased. It just bought us 3-4 months being able to stay in our home and hopefully some valuable listing time for the waterfront lot.

We have spent the last two days getting her ready to take down to the Hamilton area, then she will make her way up north to become a couples unique gettaway. We think it is ironic that they also own a 1963 Globetrotter.

Peter and I figure our luck is so so down in the dumps right up to the end of 2009 that 2010 has no choice but to be a stellar year! And that is what we are hoping for.

And guess what LOU - WE FOUND THE HANDLES!!! They will be on their way Monday.... I have 5 so I will send them all to you.... They need a bit of work but I am sure Larry has techniques and yourself to bring them back to new looking.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #2676
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Seems I always end up on the roof of an Airstream this time of year!!! wish it was all just powder snow that would blow off going down the road. Nope had to be 4 winter storms worth, rain and ice so it was packed solid. There is an art to breaking that stuff up without denting the trailer and you have to know where to step up there too...

So we are all set tomorrow for the delivery. Peter just has one more wheel to pop on her.

PS Carol your extra wheel we got from you has come in very handy twice now. - Big thanks!
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6138.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	498.3 KB
ID:	93355

Name:	DSC_6137.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	93354

Name:	DSC_6142.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	93356

You know it sure looks pretty but I am really getting tired of this white stuff!

We have started the new year without our snowblower. Peter used it and hmm it is broken. What is that saying.....every time he uses the snow blower something goes wrong with it. He is like one of those people that just have to stand by a computer and their energy makes the computer go on the blink

So that will be a priority we have to get sorted out in short order once this trailer is out of the way.

I have a slew of parts to start listing now too. So if any of you are looking for anything at all let me know.

I am getting really excited and very nervous all at the same time. I start College on the 11th. This is going to be a major culture shock. Going from doing what I want whenever I want for almost 5 years. Heck I don't even know what an alarm clock sounds like!!!

My biggest worry is falling asleep in the afternoon - when I usually either nap or get up and do something when I get the yawns - OMG do I put my hand up and say I'll be back in 15 when I have had my power nap

You know I can not even remember how to study!

Well never say never has a whole new meaning to me in 2010!!!

Now if I could just win that darn Lottery.....

Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #2677
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Thanks Sharon ... I just know all the prayers are what did it...

I hope 2010 is better for you... now I miss the white fluffy stuff
Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #2678
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hoping a good year this coming 2010 for every one.

Glad to hear your DH is back with you Victoria. That was a horrible scare indeed. We had one last fall when Brad had to go to ICU for pulmonary embolisms that he experienced at the end of our rally at Mackinaw.

Best keep that little curtain eating sweetie attended! We had a dog like that once, ate books, tore down curtains and ate houseplants. He even tore down the interior upholstery of my car when we went to get a hot dog for carry out. Did not appreciate being left alone.

And Sharon your pictures are really bringing home the story about the school kids thinking you are all eskimos and live in igloos, now I see why they may have thought that! Glad you had a quick sale of the Airstream. What are you taking in school?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #2679
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy New Year, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
And guess what LOU - WE FOUND THE HANDLES!!! They will be on their way Monday.... I have 5 so I will send them all to you.... They need a bit of work but I am sure Larry has techniques and yourself to bring them back to new looking.
Wow! We will be thrilled to get those handles and work on them. Larry can probably find some polish or something to fix them right up. Please let me know what to send to you for the cost of shipping.

It sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work. How is your dad doing? Bet the holidays were as bumpy for you all as they were for me. I am glad to see a new year too. Larry and I are planning to spend April bouncing around to some rallies. Wish you were able to go too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #2680
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lou my sweet don't be silly my friend, you have done so much for us and sent such lovely treasures for our LadyBug, you must let me do this little thing for you and your new trailer.

You might have to strip them though and re-paint them, and then do a nice acrylic clear spray and they will look like a million bucks...with their sweet little airstream engraved in them....who would have thought airstream would have gone that far to have their name on the handles maybe a note from one of Wally's book of ideas?????

Carol - ha gosh you remembered that story

Well without going into all the reasons. Ha I am sure I have written a few here in my pure frustration with our government and its municipal system of citizens developing their land. Something that should have taken 4 months and approximately $2500.00 has turned into 5 years and $200,000.00 - this is just a plane travesty of the Provincial Planning Act and ALL those involved to allow this to happen!

My Mother was always a huge advocate that if you want justice for wrong doing that you must do it from within.

So I am going back to school to obtain a double diploma in Paralegal/Law Clerk, to attain my licensee so that I can enter into Municipal Law. I hope to fast track and finish by the spring of 2011. This will allow me to go into University to attain my BA in Legal Studies, and then I can apply to Law School (which I hope to in the states). Thus by 56 my top priority on my bucket list is to become a lawyer.

However, my immediate goal is to increase my employability, so that I can at least find part time work while doing my studies to save our home.

Then either land a good paying job in municipal law or start my own consulting business to assist citizens in avoiding what we have been subject to. AND to start paying for this massive debt all these professional people have sponged from us, stealing and coercing us from our entire retirement savings. I hope to put my smarts toward fighting the unjust billing we have suffered.

Yes I am bitter as to what has happened. But if I can make something positive from this horrible experience that I can be proud of, and I know that my Mum would be so pleased - as my Dad is tickled pink, then it will have been all worth it.

We had a simple dream of building a nice home for my parents, it was reasonable and was approved by all the necessary government agencies. The system is WRONG to allow one single person to complain and delay and squeeze us from our right to build.

I feel like a kid again. We own too much for any education grants or loans, yet we do not have two pennies to spare. Our government is just so funny. They expect me to sell my truck so that I can pay for my education. But then there is a small matter of getting to college which I live too close to get the pittance $500 per semester distance grant. I guess I need to walk the 125 KLM a day in the dead of our winter. One department does not care about all the money the department has stolen from us (bla bla bla bla).........

So "Daddy" is footing the college bill. I just sold a bunch of our sledding stuff to pay for my books and parking pass. Now I have to figure out how I will pay for my gas to drive back and forth an hour away. But where there is a will there is a way!

And 2010 for me, if nothing else will be BETTER than 2009 and the last five years of my life - it has to be!!! I just have had enough of spinning this same record!

I have faced so many changes and adversity over these last years, I just want some direction, something concrete and worthwhile in my life. So this is it my new focus.

Now if I can just make it through the day without falling asleep in the afternoons. Ha I will have to go to bed at 8:00pm for sure and get myself a reliable alarm clock
Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #2681
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon you will make an amazing lawyer! Do you remember when I first was getting acquanted with you and asked if you were a lawyer? I think you were breezing through the WBCCI constitution or something. You were quite impressive with your recall of facts and detail.

photography
Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #2682
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
OH Pooh!

Lou...You know I can not find your address anywhere!! I know it is in my address book I wrote it down the last time you gave it too me!!! But when I packed our house up - it was in my fav junk drawer and now I can not find my junk drawer box!! I think it ended up in my Dad's basement.

09 was so **** I just think I will start over with everything - onward and upward I say....so dear can you pop that puppy over to me again. also do you have a new e-mail address the one I have just came back???

PM me if you can...they are packaged up and just waiting on an addy!!!

OMG - I just experienced the worst driving conditions ever towing - yesterday - we had 3.5 hours of pure hell! I had 3 brushes with death of an airstream and quite possibly us too! - and SURVIVED!!!! so our 2010 has started out with our LUCK on the way up and MONEY in our Pocket to save our house!!!

Blizzard and whiteout conditions right across the top of Toronto and the wind was unbelievable. The Overlander with nothing in it was like pulling a balloon behind the truck!!

Even Peter said he was so glad that I was towing and not him, as I can "feel" the rig better than he can...I just close my eyes take my foot of the gas and DON't touch the brakes or move the steering wheel - just keep her straight and say Whooooeeeee Nellllyyyyyy and she straightens out LOL

I have never seen so many accidents all happening around us - people and trucks all spinning out bouncing of guard rails it was all so surreal!! I send prayers to all those and hope they made it through....

Now if she was properly hitched and weighted

But we NEEDED THE MONEY!! And could not wait another day to get her to her new owners!

Name:	DSC_6182.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	93479

Name:	DSC_6186.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	93478

Name:	DSC_6187.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	93477

Name:	DSC_6194.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	93476

Name:	DSC_6196.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	93475
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #2683
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Sharon you will make an amazing lawyer! Do you remember when I first was getting acquanted with you and asked if you were a lawyer? I think you were breezing through the WBCCI constitution or something. You were quite impressive with your recall of facts and detail.
Well lets just hope that my recall of facts and detail, gets me the A's and that good paying job I am desperate for

Maybe I should offer to re-write the WBCCI Constitution for them

Thanks for the kudos Carol.....
Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #2684
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Happy New Year everyone.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #2685
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Sharon that is great... Now I will know a lawyer when I need one

Ok I need the sister's opinions on these chairs... son in law is getting the Divan out this weekend and I am going with recliners (gregg can't sit on any divan so this is our option) well Gregg wants the leather one and I want the fabric one I love them both and Gregg thinks both of them will look fine sitting together his quote is the 3 bears each had different chairs well let me know your honest thoughts.... did the measurements and both will fit with 25 inches to spare
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	For Greg.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	93788   Click image for larger version

Name:	my chair.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	93789  

Old 01-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #2686
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Purely subjective: Nice chairs, but items seem to appear much larger getting them back home in the AS than in the megastores. I would look for matching chairs in a smaller scale. But they don't need to match I just have a preference for balance and ottomans. They both look quite comfy and nice though.

photography
Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #2687
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Here's a purely subjective opinion. I used to work in a furniture store and sold recliners. The most important factor is whether they are comfortable for the people who are going to sit in them. Your size and how you fit in the chair matters more than anything else in the long run. Leather has cachet - its fashionable and men like it for whatever their reasons. I have a very nice leather sofa and I hate it. It's cold to sit on when it's cold - until you warm it up with your body heat, and it's not great when its hot - if I sit on it in shorts I stick to it! It's also slippery which I don't like as I slide around and that doesn't make for curling up comfortably. It's also not a great choice if you have animals - in spite of the fact that my cats are barred from it, they have nicked it with their claws in a couple of places - it's minor, but it's there. Dog toenails are even worse offenders - even if don't get on the furniture - it only takes one raised paw to leave a trail of marks that can't be hidden on leather. Fabric is much more forgiving and the blemishes won't show. But like I said at the beginning it's a subjective opinion your mileage may vary - LOL.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #2688
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
oh we had a leather sofa and I hated it. So really it is one's perspective on what to use. I am thinking might as well do the mix and use throws and a few pillows to blend. actually the measurements of the chairs is less than the sofa lose the storage under the sofa but never use it anyway. Was going to do Lazy Boy but they sort of ticked me off. These are a bit more pricey so there goes the Bose Stereo deal for now.