Old 02-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #253
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes winter is hitting back again. Even Brad stayed home from work today. Keep us posted and be careful. Annie you being a wise girl there? Marvin canoeing today...ahhh some people have the right idea for winter. Happy Valentines Day Ladies!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #254
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
.....those photos of your time in Florida are lovely! Safe journey!
Hey baby that is in our back yard!!! we don't have to travel 1500 miles for a boat ride on Stony Lake - That is why I keep asking you guys come on over we live in paradise here!!! Just NOT DURING THE WINTER MONTHS

It is still snowing here!!

Are there any hotels that take three large dogs??? in your area. We may now have an issue with the dogs - if the weather turns on my parents it will be too much for them to travel to our place to look after the dogs - and WE DO NOT DO THE KENNEL THING EVER!!!!!!!! they either will have to come with us or we stay at home if the weather turns of course.

How will I ever keep all this straigh I will never know.

If we have to drag the 63 home, and sleep in the Yukon with a buddy heater and three dogs we will and if we have to we can crash in your Driveway right Steph?

Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #255
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Happy Valentines Day!

What a nice fire you all have got going here, and I see there are some newcomers and a bigger circle o' sisters now! I picked up a little more chocolate on my way home from Florida, for sharing of course, just help yourself!

Here are my seed catalogs if anyone wants to look -- Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds, and The Cook's Garden. From seed I mostly grow the herbs and sunflowers, zinnias, morning glory, and I thought I might give chili peppers a try this year. That ought to shake up the deer! Whadda you all like for spring 2007?

Well, Florida was just gorgeous. Sunny and 70s everyday and what a nice place Casperson Beach Park is! Simply beautiful!! Here are a few pictures I brought for you to see. Can we all get together down south some winter? Maybe if we plan ahead...

-J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4964.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	32335   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4968.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	32336  

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #256
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Jamie, thanks for the pictures of warm-we needed it Please tell us about this place, where it is, if you are camping here and how near to the water? Looks marvelous. Love that white sand, blue water, and palms~G Sharon, we feel for you with all the complications that have come your way. Here's strong thoughts for a good turnaround of all the issues!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #257
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Oooh love those Florida scenes!

Welcome back Jamie!! I love morning glories too. I want to try moon flowers. There's a funky looking plant called 'love lies bleeding' its the amaranth family I think, I've had that in past years, it gets really showy by fall. I'm looking for shade plants/perennials for under the pines and maples. Also hoping to put in more bamboo or learn to get cuttings from mine to grow.

Hey Sharon--we'll do our best to figure this out, lets put our heads together! I pmed you after I called the place, it looks to be no problem!!Silly me I didn't read that the photos were your place, it is paradise!!

Happy Valentines Day!
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #258
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon the Comfort Inn web site says they will take two up to two 80 # dogs, do you think you could smuggle the third in? I doubt they do a weigh in--- you can tell them they are half the size and just fluffy coated.

I tell you you are a real woman, outside in freezing temperatures and working on mechanics and coloring your hair, possibly we don't know it, but cleaning your oven at the same time too. Talk about multi-tasking you are a heavy hitter. You Go Girl!

Sorry about your house closing/permit(?) going back to square one. It certainly looks like you are having yourself one heck of a time all at once. You may need to name that new unit something that reflects the effort she is putting you through in the rebirthing process. How about milestone?

Did you get that heated seat working? You may have to use a snuggle sack and a hot water bottle.

Jamie those pictures look soooo good today! Steph, love lies bleeding, gorgeous plant--- hope it isn't heart sick.

photography
Old 02-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #259
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Moon vine--wonderful if you enjoy sitting out on your patio in the evenings. You can actually watch the blossoms slowly start to expand at sundown and then pop!open! (Well, it takes patience and a steady eye) Our kids used to think they were the coolest things, and we thought they were gorgeous in moon light. Be sure to notch the seed before you plant it--maybe soak it in water overnight or a few hours or the thick shell on the seed will make it take ages to germinate. The big open white flowers look like saucers on the vine. Hmmm. I'll have to put moon vine on my list for spring too. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #260
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Hey Tin Sista -- that plant is beauteous! Is that a shade plant? I've had a little luck with astilbe, but my perennial, mostly shade, garden is still much in the experimental stage. So let me know if you find anything new and good. Morning glories are a long time favorite of mine. I spread 'em all around the place. I like bee balm too and it brings lots of hummingbirds. You be careful with that bamboo now, it can get darned invasive.

Sharon -- That's just too sad about having to go thru that variance deal again, and with all new people. Couldn't you just scream?! Keep plugging away though and I know it'll all work out for you. Just wear 'em down.

G -- Casperson Beach is at the south end of Venice Island, which is south of Sarasota on the Gulf coast. I didn't have the Airstream with me and there's no camping at Casperson Beach, but I'm starting a search for the closest campgrounds. The beach is very nice for nature walks, bike-riding, or just relaxing. This time I was staying at a friend's condo just up the road in Venice, so it was a short drive to public parking at the beach.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #261
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Be sure to notch the seed before you plant it--maybe soak it in water overnight or a few hours or the thick shell on the seed will make it take ages to germinate.
G - I notch the morning glory seeds too. It gets 'em up and growing in no time.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #262
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Here's some nice cocoa!

Wow I love thinking about those summer plants!!
G and Jamie--I am going to notch/soak those moonvine and morning glory seeds for sure great tip!
We have two clumping bamboo plants and they don't spread (haven't for 6 years anyway), so I'm hoping that I can root them from a cutting. So far the deer have been taking their cuttings during the winter--I'm not doing the garlic cayenne pepper shaky shaky dance in this weather.
I had great luck with the love lies bleeding in full sun, Jamie. Not easy to grow from seed, I cheated and took it to a greenhouse, they grew it for me, of course for the price of a regular flat of flowers, but it was worth it.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #263
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Houston we are good to go...actually Okesmos we are good to go and will see you all Saturday.

The weather has cleared and we can expect sunny weather through to Saturday yippee going to leave a little later than originally intended to give the west side of Toronto a bit more time to clean up the roads and miss rush hour.

Jamie I would sure like it if this little trailer was in the South. Great idea - I will be in for a girls week holiday in the south!

Puppies are going to stay at home - just no time to get their letters from the Vet - we always travel with a clean bill of health letter so we do not run into any problems at the border. They will be fine at home although we never leave them....Our friends across the road will come and spend the night(s) with them until the Grandpaw and Nana arrive!!!

Carol I don't think I would call myself a real woman - just a sucker for punishment. But with the dishwasher door spring now sprung, the snowblower auger belt toasted this afternoon and the Yukon fixes yesterday - that is the three bad karmas - I am not counting the 69 Globe Trotter cause she did not move - only moving things
So only good Karma for the rest of the trip.

By the afternoon it was a lovely sunny day with a beautiful sky - Red Sky at Night Sailers Delight!!!

No heated seat though - but I have a tough butt so I am sure I can survive.

Jamie love your pics - girls I will have to get into the seed thing - I collect seeds from my perennials and mix them all together and toss them into the ground and hope for the best. I really never know what is going to come up where in my gardens. Like I said before - I have no idea what the flowers all are just love to take photos...

I think TinSista needs the medal here - always there with a great idea every twist and turn of our arrangments what a troupper. thanks Steph can't wait to meet you guys....

Chow... signing off till we get back - have to get my beauty sleep - actually I have housework to do now
Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #264
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Fairy housecleaning

Sharon .. I am sending the fairy housecleaner to do the house for you... get lots of rest before you both leave tomorrow... travel safely and enjoy..give us a call when you have Rusty Rosee home... good luck.. Annie and Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #265
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Safe Journey Sharon and Peter!

Hope the roads are clear and well salted!!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #266
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I am so happy to be meeting Sharon and Peter. This is so cool to be getting together at Steph's house with the new clan. Thank you Steph! Everyone be careful and see you on Saturday. Vickie will be leaving tomorrow with Jeff and Danielle Add one more to the Rivetter Shavers, Brad is coming too to keep Dave, Peter and Jeff company. What a great mid winter date. Rivette Rush, here we come! Can't wait to see little Sammie again too.

photography