Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #3121
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Edmond , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by farafield View Post
I'm in!
Welcome!!
Lisarhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:03 PM   #3122
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Edmond , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ModPod View Post
That might be a great idea. Perhaps we could chew on it a bit come up with a catchy thread name like a sequel.

I have just hit the road today on a 5 week trip to Nova Scotia.

A sad delay, in having to gently send my Golden if almost 16 years off to Rainbow Bridge on Sunday afternoon. She will be missed dearly. This will be my first trip in the ModPod without her!

Will check back after the arrival at our destination , Liverpool NS
I posted a question on a new thread before finding this one. Since then, a few have found it and left messages. We could use it for now, until we decide to do something else.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f483...rs-185011.html

Lisa
Old 08-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #3123
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I’m in. Following. Still consider myself a newbie since I only started AS in December of ‘17. I have a 2017 Classic with a 2017 RAM 2500. Travel with 2 little mutts that keep me company and are great in the truck. They think the AS is the best doghouse ever.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:23 PM   #3124
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Sorry I jumped in here just before my east coast trip. Have been back but so so busy.

Question to all. Anyone going down to the RTR in Quarzite Arizona?

Last year they ran a few days just for women. This year they have organized a full five days. All about women helping women with their rigs, from vans to class A’s, Fivers, cargo trailers to all manner of tow behinds. Qualification is anything that rolls on rubber that you use either full time or part time.

Date is Jan 4-9 and the regular RTR starts on the 10th.

I have never been, so my friend and I are heading down from Ontario (Peterborough area) on Boxing Day, day after Xmas.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #3125
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I have gone the last few years. Not sure if I will attend nxt year but pm me before you go..theres a few airstreamers that might go.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #3126
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLNomad View Post
I have gone the last few years. Not sure if I will attend nxt year but pm me before you go..theres a few airstreamers that might go.
LilNomad
Okay will do...
Old 10-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #3127
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
RTR and Women's RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ModPod View Post
Sorry I jumped in here just before my east coast trip. Have been back but so so busy.

Question to all. Anyone going down to the RTR in Quarzite Arizona?

Last year they ran a few days just for women. This year they have organized a full five days. All about women helping women with their rigs, from vans to class A’s, Fivers, cargo trailers to all manner of tow behinds. Qualification is anything that rolls on rubber that you use either full time or part time.

Date is Jan 4-9 and the regular RTR starts on the 10th.

I have never been, so my friend and I are heading down from Ontario (Peterborough area) on Boxing Day, day after Xmas.
We went to the RTR for the first time last year. It was highly informative, so we will be going again. I did not attend the Women's RTR because we were meeting up with some other Airstreamers. A friend of mine went in 2016 or 2017 to the Women's RTR, and she much preferred the regular RTR. The women's event, when she attended, turned into a big of a "hate on men" event. I really hope it isn't usually like that because the RTR is essential for full-timers.

At the RTR, we met CB, who is a fellow Airstreamer. He planned for those who were interested, a campout at Slab City shortly after RTR. Definitely go to the Slabs, too.

Here are my blog posts from January 2018 for Quartzite and the RTR:
https://atomicpod.wordpress.com/2018/01/

And my post about Slab City: https://atomicpod.wordpress.com/2018...-to-slab-city/
And I have other posts on Salvation Mountain and East Jesus, which are also in Slab City -- you will find those in my February 2018 archives on the right of the screen.

Hope to see you there! This year we will be travelling in our 30' FC. Last year, we went in our little Chinook motorhome.

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #3128

2019 16' Sport
Dayton , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel View Post
Great idea. Some of us are still working full time and this is our only way to "meet". BUT.......how about Airstream Sisters. I have the cute cream colored Airstream. Do have some silver hairs though....guess that counts. I was single since 1987 until Bob came along in 2002, say, I think that's when those silver hairs came along too. You know when you've been alone and independent for such a long time, getting use to the male mind is a little frustrating. Good thing Bob is such a sweet, loving person. I don't understand his thinking processes some times, but he's very sweet. He's a Construction Manager soooooooo there are loads of tools and lots of Argosy restoration expertise that came with him. And he loves camping in the Argosy as much as I do. Now that's a catch. A man with tools, who's sweet, loves to go camping, has a great job and does what I want with the Argosy.
Your Lil ole Argosy was probably made in my hometown of Versailles Ohio.
Daniel4530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #3129
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Checking in.... wondering Bolerama if you made it down to the RTR, or maybe snuggled in somewhere in the south west enjoying winter?

Turns out for various reasons I decided to nix the big 4 month trip to WRTR and RTR - in fact was going to skip travelling all together. Had a line on purchasing property in Nova Scotia by the seaside - but the sellers pulled the deal as soon as they got the offer. I was going to trade my Airstream and newer truck for a Class B - so did not want to put the extra miles of wear and tear on the truck and trailer.

With any gal out there - we like to change our minds - ha a 1000 times! Then the rabbit got really sick in November and had to bring him in just as he would be plumping up for the winter. He would have been very difficult to look after for 3-4 months by our friend too. So now comfortable in the unfinished basement enjoying the indoor company of Charlie and the Cat Titan.

Going to hook up the ModPod and head south for 6 weeks - at least we hope we might have some warm weather, as we just got blasted with winter here - although late - it is too cold for my aging bones.

Stopping in at Savanah on the way down to Lakeland Florida for a couple of weeks. Have not decided on the route home yet but thinking of touring around the pan handle and back up through the southern states on the way home mid March.

It works out great as I need some parts to spruce up the ModPod. Taking out the drop in tables and going with the Lagun table mount. Replacing all the Halogen lights with LEDs, and will finally get my water valve kit for the toilet. I have the fridge side wall vent to replace too.

I was kind of sad to think I was going to sell her and not have much time in the newer GMC Sierra with all the bells and whistle I waited so long to get. So I'm quite pumped that I changed my mind to spend my money fixing up ModPod instead.

In the spring I will be overhauling the galley - yanking the oven and update the cook top and may put in either a small convection microwave oven or not. Updating the cabinet hardware, adding in some extra drawers and thinking of replacing the white counter top. Finally I will be pulling the vinyl flooring and putting in some nice durable flooring - undecided at this point.

When it is nice and warm I will spend some time underneath and replace the belly pan aluminum and have protection corners made for the Fresh, Grey and Black tank covers.

Still looking at updating the house battery to a dual battery system with a 200-300 watt solar charging system - as I do boondock a lot in our summer travels.

Well two weeks to wait till I hit the road - so working on a few little things - but it is bitterly cold here now -18 for the next few days. Tough being in the AS when it is cold - something plastic always breaks so will have to be very careful.

Maybe I might see a few air streamers in Florida - staying at Sanlan Rv & Golf Resort near Lakeland.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #3130
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Edmond , Oklahoma
Smile

This sounds like a great trip and lots of plans for your little home on wheels now that you have recommitted to her. I always get a burst of energy when I make a decision. Isn't that a great feeling!? Good luck in your adventures and safe travels. Stay warm!

Lisa
Old 01-22-2019, 03:02 AM   #3131
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I went to the WRTR and then on to the RTR. Over 800 women attended the WRTR! I'm camped with ladies I met at WRTR. Had a great time and are planning some future trips including Alaska. Will stay a bit more in Q then meet up with one of the Caravans locally.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #3132
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Hi Mod Pod,

We went to the RTR and volunteered. It gave us a whole new perspective. We are planning to go to the Slabs again with the group heading there. We had to go to Yuma to wait for a new circuit board for our water heater (grrr! That gas-electric water heater is a big pain! This is our 3rd board and we've only had this trailer since May!)

Best wishes on your winter travels and reno adventures!

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #3133
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think Bob only went to one, oh yeah, the stupid one I went to several Silver Sister rallies. We must have run out of cookies and wine. That will break up women every time. The online rallies were virtual to keep in touch in between rallies and try to generate interest and strengthen comradery and confidence.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote