Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #2451
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Hey all~

Just back from 4 nights dry camping in the forest up near Strawberry, Arizona. Had a great time. Met a cowboy, he had 7 horses with him, did some riding and he made me breakfast, can't beat that! It was pretty amazing to wake up and have horses walking around grazing right outside the trailer. Another great adventure!

Hope all is well in your world~

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #2452
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
A cowboy huh Hope you got pictures!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #2453
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Where can I order via mail one of the pendants? anyone know?

Hi all. Have been back home now just over 3 weeks and still really really really miss being "out there".

Here is back to the laundry, housework, parents and waterfront lot fight - I am really beginning to get tired of this life.

Well I have to join the ranks of the working stiffs, so instead of playing on the computer and photos I have been scouring the job mart. Keeping my eye out for a ministry job if I can - and I may have to relocate (which I would not mind one bit right about now) So that I can help out with getting us through this land fight.

We have just had word that after 4 years of the Dr putting us in an appeal process and fighting the development of our lot tooth and nail He now wants to come to the table with a resolution...While of course all the red flags go flying up with only 3 weeks to our hearing and knowing that we will finally get our approval I just see more delays or some underhanded way of him getting our hearing date postponed.

Dad had surgery last week and I have been helping out for 5 days - Something I was not much looking forward to. I want to go back to just being their daughter and not the care giver! Call me selfish I don't care - I am just not cut out for this and it tears me up inside.

Peter is coming along on the garage and working on the last bits of roofing - but keeps getting delayed with the rain - kind of hard to work on a metal roof when it is raining. Should have it weather sealed by the end of next week - Peter's holiday is just started so I am sure he will be working day and night.

I am itching to get at all the airstream parts and start getting them on e-bay as well as working on the two airsteams and get them put up for sale.

I still have not got to the maintenance on the CCD but she will go in the bay first once the garage is open for business tee hee. Unless of course I get a job that takes me away before the garage is finished.

Where is everyone? and reports of travels. Hope all are in good health, and you are getting in some serious camping.

We are somewhat grounded at the moment with the weather, money and hearing coming up - so I am about to enjoy the lake kayaking instead. My gardens are a mess and I am trying to keep up in between the rain and bad bugs right now. But the dandelions look real pretty in the forest and if we had neighbours they might not be too impressed ha - cause in the burbs dandelions are hmm just a bad thing....

Hey Steph - thanks for the karma a while back. I think of you lots and have been really bad in not keeping in touch. It has been a zoo since I have been home and I have been remise with all my mailing - ha including the billsHope you and the boys are doing great.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8825.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	80314
Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #2454
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hey there, We are having a wonderful time at Springstream-will get photos up when I get home. Does anyone know hwere I can get some temporary airstream tats?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #2455
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hi Ladies, I just got home from Dayton Ohio for the Hamvention. I had a great time, and got everything I needed. Now, to get started on the Caravel and get it ready for Madison for next month!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #2456
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Petersburg , Virginia
Hi, everybody,
I might be the newest SS...just got a 31' Sovereign last weekend (1974 Intl, back bedroom floor plan). I LOVE HER!!! Annie (named for the grandmother who started my AS obsession) is in excellent shape; we're going over all her plumbing and trying to figure out the electrical. The PO made some adjustments (I hesitate to use the word "upgrade") so it's been interesting. I gutted the back bedroom completely and we're thinking of switching the twin beds for a full...anyone have any comments on that? I think I read every thread. I'm literally down to subflooring, and just primed all the walls, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them before we start rebuilding.

Are there any rallies planned in the mid-east this summer?

Shine on!
Becky
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #2457
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Becky, congratulations and welcome!
Sharon, "...Dad had surgery last week and I have been helping out for 5 days - Something I was not much looking forward to. I want to go back to just being their daughter and not the care giver! Call me selfish I don't care - I am just not cut out for this and it tears me up inside..." quote from post above) if it helps any to know, I'm going through the same sort of emotional ride right now caring for my mom. I've found I can keep up the smiles patience and upbeat talk that she needs as long as I give myself permission to (later on) go outside and give a primordial scream...or kick some tires...or relate the day's caregiver stories with gutter/macabre humor to Max over a stiff drink...you get the picture. I love her dearly, but to keep my own emotions on level during this time, I have to vent anger, turn serious into funny, talk macabre...sounds awful, but isn't. It lets me keep turning toward her with love and patience when it's needed. So...I've given myself permission and I give you permission too. Yell, joke, cuss and then go hug and laugh and smile. Love and understanding, ~G (PS...if I'm out of line here, please just ignore)
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #2458
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
thinking of you

It is difficult to be a caregiver, no doubt in my mind. I did it with both of my parents for almost 9 yrs. Mom passed in March and it was such a relief! That sounds terrible, but it was really tough seeing them going through the gory aging process. I was lucky to have Larry to be there for me....and my daughter, Loren, to take a day or two or more when she could...and my great silver sisters too. We invited our silver friends to stop in and use our courtesy parking and did driveway rallies! That saved our sanity for some great silver weekends. We did our camping vicariously for quite some time. I hope that you will be able to do the same kind of thing. You are in my thoughts. I hope that you will be able to find some help. You can vent here all you need to, and most of us will "get" the humorous/macabre humor too. I know if I had not been turning it into "funny", I would have been crying lots.

We still have folks stoppng in to use our courtesy parking here. This past weekend "Big Al" and Jean were here to stay because Jean did the Half Marathon in Cleveland. AND she did great...13.1 miles in 3 hrs. and a few min.! Wow!! We invited some ASers that live close by and we all had a great time with lots of good food! Almost as good as getting out and really camping somewhere.We have met lots of nice folks in this way and the friendships continue.

Now that Larry and I have "done our time" with all of the aging parents we are looking forward to camping in our "new to us" '89 Excella 29 footer. I have been having fun putting in the stuff that we need and doing some personalization. We have been out camping 3 times so far! Yay!!!
Lou in sunny Ohio
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #2459
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Hi. We made it home safely. The water heater fell off the wall but other than that no issues. (Need ot go to plan B on that:>) My hats off to all the caregivers of the sandwhich generation. As I have told Sharon, being a professional Geriatric nurse made no difference whn it came to my own parents and now issues at home. We just all have to hang in there and yes, humor is the best medicine.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #2460
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Austin , Texas
Any more rallies set for this year

This sounds like a group of women I would like to meet! Any more rallies scheduled soon? I'm in Texas - anything happening in the South?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #2461
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
How about it Sharon? I think I can make it on my own after this last trip!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #2462
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi there...

And a big welcome to BeckyAnt and Dgray.

Becky there are quite a few Rallies within not so bad a drive from you - well I think it is not a bad drive cause a 1000 miles and crossing the border is just a hop skip and a jump really..You are in a nice local to get in a few rallies for sure. You might want to hook up with Danalee and Paula too - Great Ladies and lots of fun. If I am ever in your neck of the woods which is quite likely I will give you a call if that is okay..

Dgray - would that be gray hair - cause I gots me lots of them....I am thinking of growing the roots out and going for the dog clippers and flippin over to the Silver side what do ya'll think? Bit daring for a pre 50 don't you think?

Not sure where you are have not looked up on map yet - but Annie and Marvin have and will now be overwintering in Texas - Great people our best friends, and we always miss them terribly when they disappear for the winter...I might be heading their way for a mini holiday this coming winter - will see - would love to stop by and meet you.

~G, Lou and Dannie - thanks for your empathy. I guess we all have our issues in life and sometimes it is just kind of hard to get through. I have not been here much but I just love the support I get - must be the happy aluminum pills ~G as for my Dad yep kicking tires and bashing head against wall is my remedy to get by - heck we just clash sometimes big time. But as for my Mum - it is the sadness and the tears that I can not control - so it makes me to hard inside and I push myself away from wanting to visit - it really is killing me to see her digress so and be in so much pain all the time. I need to get them now to see a Social Worker to consider talking about I don't even know what to call it other than "death counseling" Mom is now moving toward wanting to stop her Dialysis. She does not want to go through having body parts removed as they loose their circulation and die...they are already looking at the toes OMG it is awful.

On a lighter note - look at what my Hubby is up to...She is a monster garage Peter has put a whole new meaning to building a "man cave".

He has done just a fablous job - just has about 1/3 of the roof to go, then the doors, and lastly the siding - stained pine - seems like a lot of work to me..

Name:	DSC_8960.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	526.0 KB
ID:	80672Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8971.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	569.3 KB
ID:	80673

Name:	DSC_8933.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	80669Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8936.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	80670

Name:	DSC_8938.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	471.6 KB
ID:	80671

Heck no shortage of parking!!

peter was worried that people might see what he is building and said na no one knows about it or that we live where we do.. Ha I was at the ladies golf league on Tuesday and they ALL know OMG!! about the building - and now they know who lives there YIKES...

Hey Danalee - you go GIRL!! yep time for you to go solo I think - are you comfortable? I wish I had some extra money right now - I would rendezvous with you for sure...

Well I did it - I actually dusted off the resume and set to on my application letter writing and applied for a job today - have not been in the employment sector for almost 9 years!! Ran my own business but not the same as working for hmm the others...I need the money and it will limit my traveling but just until I can get a bit of a nest egg going.

You must be having lots of fun Airdale - you are running enough for all of us put together with all the Rallies. How is your "WBCCI office" position going? Are you liking it?

And where is the Bone Crusher these days (Carol) do they have you hopping in your new Camp Host job yet? How is Brad - fully recoverd - and you too from your surgery?

Steph where you at girl?

And Suz are you settled back into your home routine now for the summer?

Vickie - if you happen to be lurkin....I am thinking of you

Where the heck is Jamie???? I might be coming to boston some time this summer - not sure very up in the air...but if I am I would love to do a drop in....gosh it has been a long time eh?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #2463
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Sharon, I think the man cave is just too good looking to be called that! It looks great and you guys will have plenty of space now. If I had eough silver I would do the same thing. I inherited my Grandma's genes and probably won't turn for another 5 years. After all "silver" is the color!!Hope your job works out. We would love to have more Silver Sisters stop in-North Carolina is good resting point!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #2464
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Wow, Peter!!! and Sharon!

It looks like Peter has done himself proud! Looks wonderful! Did you say you were moving in there? It is as big as a house!!!! Your "silver" has a great spot! As for the gray/silver hair....GO for it!!!! You never know,it might be a super new look. And what kind of job are you looking for? Sounds like an interesting plan and we wish you well there.
Danalee, I am having a little mini rally in my backyard this weekend. I have posted on the Ohio thread. Maybe you should plan a rally for your area to attend. All you have to do is post the where and the when and make sure that you have a park big enough to hold a few campers. As it happens our backyard/driveways can hold several. Some folks drop by to spend a few days in our courtesy parking for a shakedown cruise. From time to time we get some newbies who come by to do their first camping and Larry helps them learn how to connect, drain and some of the basics. And sometimes we have a work session with someone who brings a trailer that needs a little hands on help. This weekend we start with a family picnic and we will see who stops by for some campfire fun. If you are in our area sometime, please stop in!
Yeah, Carol, where are you? We haven't heard anything about the new digs! We hope you and Brad are in the pink.
Lou

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote