Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #2353
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello Ladies, IM BACK! I landed at 630 tonight, and im glad to be home, it was a great trip, got some sun, and also got food posioning the last day of my trip. After throwing up 6 times in 3 hours, my system was flushed and spent the day in bed!

Carol, thanks for the congrats, and thank you for sending me that email, due to me being out of town, it was hard for me to stay in touch! I saw Brad, and we had lunch with him, ill post some pictures in a bit, im beat right now!

Sharon, great pictures! Keep them coming.

Brock, its good to hear from you girl, where have you been? GET PICTURES, i want to see the airstream now!

Ill post some pictures on the blog when I get a chance, and on here!

Hope everyone is good!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 AM   #2354
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Laura, sorry you got sick!! Glad you are home safe and sound and better now. How was your trip? And your family? How was my honey? Pictures... that would be great!! That was really cool that you and your dad could go and visit. From what I hear from him, he is looking forward to some weather that is NOT cloudless and sunshiney. We Northerners must be an odd lot to be so programmed as to miss rain, clouds, snow and humidity. I am having a difficult time trying to understand from his description what cold and dry and hot and dry feel like. I know he has plenty of wind and sand in New Mexico. I don't think I am a desert person, Northern woodlands and lake shores feel like home to us. Bradley says the Rio Grande is really rushing along now though. How was Koa? ...getting to be an even bigger "moose?" He's a sweetie, but he sure is big and bumpy as a puppy.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #2355
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Welcome home, Laura! Food poisoning is the worst - glad you're over it now!

I'll get some pictures up soon. I was using my dad's camera and so I have to wait for him to send them to me. Everything seems to be going so fast now with construction, now that they're pretty much done playing around inside the walls and floor! My contractor expects to be done in May.

Sorry I've been scarce. I had to emergency move in November - my roommate got into a huge fight with my boyfriend and thus kicked me out! Then I moved a second time into my own place over Christmas, so I've just been rushing around trying to get things back to normal. Which they pretty much are now, finally
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #2356
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Brad and Koa were both good, but I understand what Brad means about the weather, it gets boring seeing the sun everyday, its nice to see clouds every once and awhile! Koa has gotten big, he gave me lots of kisses!

I cant wait to see the pictures Brock! When do you think it will be ready to go out?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #2357
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Sue - you will always be welcome here..just takes someone who has the courage to go through life with conviction toward happiness. I am so sorry about your Husband that must have been absolutely devastating. You are a very strong woman to continue to move forward. And to be attracted to "sliver" - and ha "Aluminum too..

Laura I meant to say to you the other day - congrats on your photo of them month - and big Kudos on your school work girl - to think a year and bit ago you wanted nothing to do with School - huge hugs to you for pulling it all together and now look at you man what an ACE!!!

Brock I am with Laura - where are the pictures!!!! we need pictures...

Carol Glad your charges are fairing okay without you - and you how are you holding up the frosty Michigan fort - got your roof tiles all sorted out for the next storm to come and suck them off.....My parents had a terrible time in Bath with the wind that took their tiles off all the time.

Hey Carol you need not worry I am doing just fine - kind of nice being away from the computer once and a while I really like where I am right now - but will be moving again back closer to my friend for a bit and then possibly back up here.

The weather has been terrible this past week. With torrential rain and then the temps plummeted and my hose froze two nights in a row - no biggy. My blank Tank sensor is for the shits ha literally it does not work - I have been trying to monitor how long I could go - and then poof she was full from 1/8th showing on the status. Also Tank heaters if the little red light is not on does that mean the tank heaters don't work either??? Anyway decided to pull the camp and take her to dump instead of doing a blue buggy run.

Taz is getting in lots of walking on lead and she can sit outside now on her short lead as a tether poor thing. With the nice weather coming up I can really start to walk her more. And hopefully get in some kayaking now. This is such a unique property here - I will post some pics of Charleston and where I am staying now in a few minutes or so.

But to answer your question Carol on how Peter is doing with the Garage....beside his health doing fabulous and in general he is doing GREAT - must be the well deserved break from me as I am enjoying my break from him too!!!

Peter is now nick named The Monkey Man. All the trusses are up now.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 167-1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	76442

He has yet to cut out the top windows and will be getting the roofing in soon - but he has to take a break now and move my parents next week into their new condo.

Name:	Garage 168-1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	76443
Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #2358
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You better not stay away from home too long Sharon, Peter might build himself an entire town! LOL He is a fast worker. Looks real good.

photography
Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #2359
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan

Name:   sisterchicks2.gif
Views: 165
Size:  5.8 KB

Name:   sisterchicks.gif
Views: 169
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:   Copy of sisterchicks.gif
Views: 174

Name:   sisterchicks3.gif
Views: 171

Name:   sisterchicks4.gif
Views: 169

Name:   sisterchicks5.gif
Views: 166

Name:   sisterchicks6.gif
Views: 171

Name:   sisterchicks7.gif
Views: 172

Name:   sisterchicks8.gif
Views: 170

we sister-chicks need to stick together - love and pray for
each other - stand with and for each other - support and
encourage one another - yep - that's what sister's do best. !!!

photography
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #2360
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Haven't heard a cheep out of you lately. What's everybody up to these days? The Cali Gals just had a fantastic rally, I am sooo jealous! I know we have a few gals out on the road now somewhere. How 'bout the rest of us, give us a chirp.

Brad should be back from New Mexico in several weeks, then we close up the house and go to Ellison Bay Wisconsin for the summer to work at a local Door County Resort. We have so much to do, I don't know if I will be able to rally in Spring, but I am thinking it would be too tight for scheduling to actually plan in advance for it. But I sure want to. I am so ready to par-tay!! This winter was grueling on me.

photography
Old 03-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #2361
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Attachment 76639

Attachment 76630Attachment 76631Attachment 76632Attachment 76633Attachment 76634Attachment 76635Attachment 76636Attachment 76637

we sister-chicks need to stick together - love and pray for
each other - stand with and for each other - support and
encourage one another - yep - that's what sister's do best. !!!

Verry Cute!!..Carol best wishes to you and Brad with your upcoming new Spring project!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #2362
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hi there, We just got back from a quick trip to Homosassa Springs. We stayed at Nature's Resort-rented a park model. Very nice park and the folks were very nice. I got to swim with the manatees! Sharon, take advantage of the house tours they have this time of year in Chrleston-they are so much fun and very interesting. Be sure to go out to Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palm. Two of my favorite beach places.
Sue you are doing just great and this adventure is all part of the healing process for you. You are always welcome here and I would love to have any of the sistas stop in for a visit. The Princess is still in the shop getting her rear end fixed. (I just love saying that!)Taking twice as long as we were told-no big surprise. Check out my blog on Humzoo.com/reera Dannie
Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #2363
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well after 10 days up at Monks Corner playing with the alligators, pouring rain and freezing water hoses and then kayaking on the Cooper River - I am back at James Island County Park so that I can actually do a few things now. So Yes Dannie I will take heed to your suggestions.

I keep saying I will get some pics up in a gallery or update the blog -but by the time my day finishes I am exhausted and just too tired - so a few teasers here and there will have to do...for now I am taking advantage of the 86 F weather right now - but it is a bit too hot for my liking - it will drop back down into the 60/70's I hope by the end of the week.

Taz is doing really well and is taking one step now with super vision I have the two walking on a lead together with full reign on Haily or she will have Taz on her face - what a trooper she is - I hope to get her in swimming here close to the dog park in the big pond but not at the dog park or I will get her in trouble with her therapy.

And Dakota and Kim tried to tell me there were no aligators on their plantation but lots next door - yeah right - I went for a walk yesterday the second day of really hot weather which brought them all out of the mud and into the sun. I saw at least 5 on a short very precarious walk in deed.

Name:	DSC_5236.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	76667

This is another lady I met, a friend of the people I was staying with. She is an avid sea kayaker - I am talking real avid - I have never seen so much serious gear. She is used to kayaking 26 miles in the ocean - WOW Steph she put me to shame in a second tee hee....but we had a lot of fun. The big question was what did I bring - hmm water banana towel camera and phone yep real avid kayaker I am

Name:	DSC_5092.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	76665

There were a lot of birds that I had not seen before. But the cooper river and tributary have quite a current and I am used to paddling on the quiet lakes and creeks where you have plenty of time to take your shots

Name:	DSC_5107.jpg
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	76666

Ha commonly known as the swamp people - looks like these ones are at a wedding...

Name:	DSC_5288.jpg
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	76668

And this was a pleasant surprise I thought it just looked funny but as it turns out that is a little salamander hanging out disguised as a swamp persons hat...

Name:	DSC_5291.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	76669
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #2364
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Well Hello Stranger.... How are you Sharon? Have missed hearing from you ... Glad to hear that Taz is doing well. Chat with you soon..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #2365
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
A few more pics...

All these shots are taken around the property I was staying on there is over 300 acres - it used to be old rice patties back in the day.

That is Dakotas little dog Stella - she was a real sweet little beagle.

I had a great spot up by the house so that I could get water and power and was nestled in the trees which was really nice and protected. The view was nice too and I could see both sun sets and rises from the right spots in the trailer.

Name:	DSC_4934.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	76678

Name:	DSC_4921.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	579.7 KB
ID:	76673

Name:	DSC_5152.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	76680

Name:	DSC_4705.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	686.0 KB
ID:	76675

Name:	DSC_4731.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	76676

Name:	DSC_4754.jpg
Size:	615.5 KB
ID:	76670

Name:	DSC_5140.jpg
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	76679

Name:	DSC_4892.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	76677

Name:	DSC_4912.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	76672

Name:	DSC_4840.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	76671
Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #2366
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers View Post
Well Hello Stranger.... How are you Sharon? Have missed hearing from you ... Glad to hear that Taz is doing well. Chat with you soon..

I was just saying the same thing to Peter last night - have you heard from Annie and Marvin - your ears must be burning. I have checked skype to see if you are on - and then I had mine off for a while as I was not around anyway.
I am doing great and so are the girls now - except I found two ticks on Haily YIKES!!! They are bad up where I was so hopefully i will not find anymore - I did not even know it was one until I looked it up on the internet OMG it totally freaked me out. None of my dogs have had ticks or fleas... I am getting some stuff for them tomorrow. But both are fine. Taz's hair is starting to finally grow in a little bit now so she does not have a white chicken leg and her incision has healed nicely.

How are you finding your new pad?? Hope you are both well and Nikki and Toby too.