Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #2311
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi - all Taz had a good night - and is very stiff this morning eating well but not moving around much.

Waiting on a call back from my home vet before I pursue any direction down here.

I am thinking of heading to Charleston as planned - if I can get a booking for a surgery right away then that is where I will head - but if it is delayed then Dannie I will come south via you - I really do now want to miss out on meeting you both. And if we have to wait there is nothing I can do for Taz extra - she loves to ride in the car and sleep so that is the best thing for her right now. It is just a big chore hauling both my lap dogs in and out of the truck - OMG!!! they are heavy - I will have muscles the size of swartzy baby at the end of this adventure....

Annie yes my phone is on skype where I am is not the greatest connection - but I have interent no problem...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #2312
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Back to the real world... LOL!

Hubby and I are almost finished the living room project. Got draperies arriving late this afternoon and hubby's painting the climate control unit's vents. Got preliminary pics posted on my Lois blog and my airstream blog. As a thank you for his hard work, I baked him a batch of cookies.

I think he may be off the rest of the week. If so, we'll finish another project left undone -- the master bath remodel.

Rumor has it they may place him in the local project again for a few weeks. The Michigan project has been staffed locally, and he's slated to start the Boston, MA area project as soon as the details get ironed out. So... it looks like a New England adventure is ahead. Luckily I think it will start sometime in the spring.

I miss my airstream. After nearly full-timing it since April, it's rough to get used to the big space of our condo (1350 sq ft versus the 250 sq ft). I do find myself imagining myself in the airstream bed when I try to get to sleep at night. I hold my arm out to touch my silver walls. I know, I'm silly! Hubby misses his electric blanket.

We went down to check on it at the storage place and I gave it a great big hug.

WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #2313
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Good Morning Gals,

I'd like to thank you, Steph for your call and lovely card, Vickie your call, and Carol, Sharon and Danalee for your kind words and warm thoughts. Ike really appreciates it when I show him what's been sent. Sharon, happy belated b-day to you and poor Taz . Hope the recovery goes well and the mend is good.
Safe travels to all those heading out on the highways and byways (what are "byways" anyhoo?) This time of year one never knows what the weather will do.

Sharon, do you have a basic itinerary (sp?) as yet? If Florida, where?

A good day to all, sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #2314
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Tazzy Update....

Just got word around 2:00 that Taz came out of surgery very well and is in recovery. Waiting on the surgeons call of post surgery report - she (Dr.) had a few more surgeries this afternoon.

They will keep her overnight and I get to pick her up in the morning.

Sorry I have not been able to post much of late - really distracted with lots of little things going on. Connection for some reason is intermitant but on the most part it is great.

So I will set to later tonight and update my trip blog.

The weather is gorgeous - in the 70's here sunny and breezy I could not ask for better.

My friend met me here at the park with her dog Snowy and we headed to an amazing Dog park right here in the campground. It is huge and has a big pond and beach for them to swim as well. Lots of benches for us 2 leggers to sit and it is fabulous.

I have never taken my girls to a dog parl before - never really had the need where we live. But for dog parks this is a 10 out of 10. Haily loved it - so I will bring her lots - only problem is the water and she will be in it each time - she had a nice long bath when we got back and basked in the sun. She is missing Taz a bit and keeps looking for her.

As both my girls love the car - Haily wanted in there and is sound asleep - as I am about to finaly get a chance to wash the salt off my trailer. I picked up some supplies yesterday to do the job. Having a few cold ones and listening to tunes - while I still take advantage of being on what I call the Holiday part of my trip. I thought a couple of weeks holiday would be nice before I knucked down to do what ever I came here to do

Hey Paula - sorry I did not call - in fact I did not tell anyone that her surgery was postponed until today - save my minutes and peoples worries really.

Hi Sue - sweetie how are you doing? keeping your chin up I hope!! and getting a bit of order back...Thanks for the B-D wishes - not getting any older - I decided before I hit 50 that I would start to turn the clock backwards now tee hee.

I have decided to move my site on Monday - one that I could step out onto grass - it will be easier and closer for Taz in her first week. But I have to stay in this spot until Monday - as the camp is booked solid for the Wildlife Expo.

Hey Lou - there is a huge Dock jumping competition going on this weekend and lots of other dog shows - the park is going to fill up with the canine kind for sure as it is the only camp that has such a great dog park!!

They really should make more parks like this...

Anyway - I will post again later to let you all know how Taz is - will be a first having a one dog night instead of a two dog night - I think I will spoil Haily and let her up on the bed with me now that she has had a nice bath and smells are pretty.

Dannie - I am so sorry I did not get to see you!!! I hope that by the time I leave you might be around - I do not know what my etd is now as it will depend on Taz's followup with the surgeon which is about 8 weeks from now. a Little bit of a bonus for me that I get to stay down now an extra couple of weeks.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #2315
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow just got my call from the surgeon and Taz is doing remarkably well and they say I can pick her up now. They say she is a real trouper for an ole gal and not too many jump up like she has - so that is great news - so off to pick up my little black gold baby....
Old 02-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #2316
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Taz's condition..

Hello Sharon.. We are sooooooooooooo glad to hear that Taz is doing well and able to come home with you early... home is where the trailer is for now.. Where are you right now?? Take care.. Love Annie and Marvin..PS.. Niki and Toby said to get well soon..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #2317
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just back now with Taz Home is her little Twinkie Crate!!! - a perfect set up for her recovery the Surgeon said this evening. She is resting comfortably - and will have dinner at around 8:00 and all her happy/sleepy pills too.

I am staying at James Island County Park - it is a really nice park - with lots of things to do and see in the area. Once Taz is a bit better I will be able to leave her for a few hours. But for now she will ride with me in the car where ever we go - she is happiest and content in the car.

It has been a few stressful days and I will hopefully rest easy now that the worst is over. She is a quick recovery kind a dog so hopefully everything will go smoothly - that is if I don't pull my back getting 75 pounds in and out of the truck and trailer for then next 5-6 days until she starts to weight bare a bit more. For the next couple of days she may not use her leg at all.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #2318
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
So glad to her everything is going better and that Taz did great with her surgery. Can you make a temporary ramp for her and you?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #2319
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Good news!

We have been waiting to hear the good news and we are really glad that Taz did ok. I hope that you will not wear your back out carrying those two little ones! LOL! If you get a chance to go to see a Dock Dog event you should. They are kind of fun to watch. Great place to people watch too.

Happy Birthday! If I had known where to send it I would have sent you a card!!!
May your travels be safe and happy ones from here on!
Lou and Larrita
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #2320
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
I plan on doing a lot of traveling by myself this spring and summer. I appreciate the advice Laurel! I am debating on taking one of my Great Danes with me, but I am not sure how they would behave, as far as barking. Maybe need to practice a few times.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #2321
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Sue - sweetie how are you doing? keeping your chin up I hope!! and getting a bit of order back...Thanks for the B-D wishes - not getting any older - I decided before I hit 50 that I would start to turn the clock backwards now tee hee.
[/quote]

Doing well Sharon - thanks. We're pulling things together here and heading out toward Gulf Shores Tues. after 11 a.m. my mamo appt. Will pack this wknd what will not freeze etc.

Good girl Taz! Glad to hear you are doing so well. You'll be back to your old bowser self before you know it!

Sharon, where are you? for how long? etc., etc, etc.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #2322
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey sistas

Sharon, sorry about Taz. Whoa! Good luck with the doggie doctoring.

Suz, glad you and Ike are making tracks for the sunny south! Take a nice long chain with you, hook that sun up, and tow it on home when you are done on the gulf!! I loved that Michigan wives email....

Lou, what's new with you and Larrita? Are you planning an Ohio rally for spring/summer?
Old 02-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #2323
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Subject:
Date: February 14, 2009 11:07:24 PM EST

Hi All,

Went out Friday night with my friend Terri to an Oyster Roast - first time I have done one. Wow what a great night. She brought knives and cloths and showed me how to do a few and some secrets to boot - It was held in a old bus depot. Long tables - lots of beer and a ton of Oysters - incredible!!! But I forgot to take my Camera!! arg!!! I really need a little cheapie for events like that - I am afraid I would set my good one down and it would be gone.

We took my car so that Taz could be close - and if we were a bit too long I would be able to get to her quickly if needed. She is doing a bit better now that her groogy stage is over. Still not weight bearing - but is touching down a bit here and there - but this is normal. It is going to be a long recovery - over 4 weeks with total restricted movement - basically being crated - so the trailer is acting like a big crate really.

I am having a real hard time getting her in and out of the truck and hope i do not do myself an injury - but the best way to get her in is to actually lift her - and she is a whopping 75 pounds - at least with Haily I only have to lift her back legs to the first step and she goes the rest of the way. But Taz has always been very comfortable in the car - so when the days have been nice I will have her in there. That way I can get the trailer tidied from the day before.
Taz the next day after her surgery

You really have to be organized and tidy up each day in a 22' or you will go nuts with the clutter. But we have worked into someone of a routine - except it all finally caught up with us today and we slept for most of the day - first day it has rained since I started my trip - I can not believe I have been out a week already....it actually seems like I have been out a month already!! with all that has gone leading up to my trip and getting down here to James Island.

I picked up two beds for the trailer now that make it a little easier for them both to sleep on the floor.

Too funny when they both wanted in the same bed so I knew I needed a second one...Haily is one big fur ball right now - My friend and I went to the dog park on Thursday and Haily got black so she needed a bath - she is shedding her great canadian winter coat YIKES!

Taz can not stand for very long right now so she gets the royal treatment with breakfast and dinner in bed.

Sue I am staying at James Island, South Carolina for several weeks and then will be moving to a quaint place north of Charleston. But will be here for the duration.

It is going to be tough now having a really lame dog to take care of and I will not be able to leave her for very long - so that might just put a crimp in what I was hoping to do while I was here. Such is life though and you just have to take it one day at a time. We could not be in a better place for her to recover safely away from the ice and snow at home.

I will try to update my blog tomorrow - I have a whole weeks entries to do.

Hope all is well...Dannie I feel real bad that I did not get to see you. Perhaps I might look at a day trip or something in a few weeks once Taz is moving about a little better. Maybe a little pre- shake down with your trailer might be in order too in a few weeks???

Hey all thanks for the well wishes for my fur baby - it was a terrible shock when it happened and I had really not expected such a thing - it seems life is never easy when it comes to me - but I am sure there are worse things that could have happened - and I am just really greatful that she was able to get the surgery done and is recovering nicely now. - She was a little playful today - but still very sleepy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4060.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	75537

Name:	DSC_4059.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	75538

Name:	DSC_4057.jpg