Old 01-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #2213
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Perfect timing for the January linen sales Laura. Glad to hear the fresh redo is giving you such a lift. Did you shake that bug and feeling better now?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #2214
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
not yet Carol, I have had it for about a week now, and I cant wait until its gone so I can get a full nights rest. I have been waking up about 8 times a night, and im not getting enough sleep. I did find the Curtains tonight and got a frame for my pictures, a few more things and it will be complete!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #2215
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Time for an update. How is the rivette rally coming girls? I'm ready to volunteer to help...
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #2216
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Way to go Laura! Nothing better than pampering yourself with a beautiful bedroom.

Joann fabrics was having a huge sale today, I went and got two pretty new fabrics to do a little update decor in my Airstream. Went with pink and green, totally different than what I have now. Can't wait to start sewing!

~Julianne

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #2217
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
ModPod has....

a New Tow Vehicle
Advertisement photo

Name:   as2533.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  14.7 KB

Taken with my phone before I left today.

doing all the paper work in the morning and getting the brake controller changed over from the Yukon.

Getting a matching cap for the back and need racks either for the roof of the cab or the cap have not decided yet how the Kayaks will mount
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0038.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	73745

Name:	SSPX0039.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	73744

What is that saying - to every cloud there is a "Silver Lining"

ModPod is very happy she is now well on her way. I am changing my bars back to the 500lbs and the Easy Lift system for my trip south. Then I might change that out down there for the Dual Cam system and sell off the other two hitch systems.

Reese adjustable with 750lb bars and the Easylift adjustable with 500lb bars.

Have decided on a few places on my trip south - mostly along the coast of SC between Charleston and Savannah. Great Kayaking, Birding, Trails and Golf!!. Not as warm as Florida - but way way way warmer than our present -30c and one heck of a lot less snow.

Still not sure I will hit any Rallies. Just depends on the weather and if I really want to head further south for a week in the middle.

And looks like by the time I get home - ModPod will have a new place to have her work done - but I am hoping that the LadyBug will be in there first.

Peter is tickled pink right now finally getting to work on his Man Place - the RV Garage!! (He will not miss me in the least!!) and if I stayed I would not see him either

The Roof Trusses are coming next week sometime. It has been a long road in getting the garage replaced - and it is so nice to see some light at the end of our trying times....

Name:	DSC_3307.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	73747Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3101.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	73749Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3182.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	73748

I would love to say that our waterfront is moving along nicely. But it is not.
We are still hanging with NO decision from the TWSP and now Toronto lawyers are involved - this is a big fat bureaucratic JOKE!!! Eventually we will have the last laugh...but we have had to thwart the idea now of my parents living there at all and now looking for an alternative.

Hope everyone is doing great in the first two weeks of the New Year.

Be nice to hear what the Rally Plans might be?

Way to go Steph - what a trooper you are.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #2218
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well, I dont know when you guys want to have the rally, but I was thinking Early June? Or early May. Where were we going to have it this year? I have rallies already in April in KY, and Im going to International in Madison, WI at the end of June. So what does everyone think?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #2219
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey I bet Paula and Jamie and a few new gals would not mind something a little more central than where we have been - Top of Ohio and MI

So I guess it is all about how far people are willing to drive.

And I know I blew that Spring one - but my Hubby was quite prepared to hang out somewhere else.....but I was thinking more along the lines of a Rally - that "empowers women's spirit"

And sorry all you diehard wives out there....It is just not the same with the fellas - luv'em dearly - but sort of like that deal what would they think if all the wives and GF's should up at the guys annual hunting trip??? JMHO...

Have not really had a chance to think about what might be central.

Hey Steph how far will you Travel??

We know that at least the whole of the US is game for Carol

Sue - perhaps if I went I could offer you a bunk in?? If it is too far - being the furthest north.

Which is another option for some ladies whos H's just are not happy with them towing their rigs hmmm

Or to be a bit more economical but have a nice Silver Sister Get away. Not like we don't know you have a silver trailer

We could do something where little cabins could be rented - or share too - has been done and great times had by all.

Hey Laura maybe you could scout out KY a bit more while you are there? I had suggested that area as a possible last year.

Well lots of time to think about it.

How did you make out with your final room decorations Laura - any pics?

How is everyone hanging out this winter?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #2220
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Im okay with Northern Ohio, or lower MI

Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #2221
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
GT1963, love the new TV! Hope it rides and pulls as good as it looks! You and ModPod will be styling and profiling on your trip south. The coastal areas of South Carolina and Georgia are very nice. You will enjoy kayaking there.

While I can't make it to a rally as far north as ya'll are talking, I do enjoying reading about your adventures and gathering around the campfire. It is cold here in Chattanooga, the low's this week are supposed to be in the teens. I know for some of you that can be nice weather and the high for the day. But we are not used to it here in the south. Brrrrr! I hate to say, but I would at least like to have a little snow to go with the cold. Can we put another log on the fire? I brought some hot cocoa and Bailey's to share.
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #2222
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Someone mention Baileys? Thanks Kathy! Yum. Yes let's get over by the fire, it's cold and snowy. How are you?

Gals I know you will plan a great rally. Dreaming of streaming is the BEST thing to do around this campfire.

Sharon, NICE truck! Love the silver. You got a styling rig and places to see. You will have a ball and can't wait to see the photography you will come up and maybe more music albums. Keep Peter's progress posted too. He is such a great builder. I bet it wont be long. Do you think he will have it done by the time you return?

I get my hernia operated on Friday as an outpatient should be no big deal but you know I will need company here at the virtual rally while I am sitting home. Dang, I should have had a HAHA, that hitch head is HEAVY! Or maybe it was the gas tank...

Who else is out there this winter day? Hey gals, chime in.

photography
Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #2223
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
blizzard

Here in N. Ohio it is a blizzard outside. We are supposed to put on some inches today. And it is supposed to drop to the single digits! It is beautiful outside with great big flakes!! Cuddle up to the fire. Boy, hot chocolate would hit the spot right now!
Carol, we will be thinking about you and your hernia surgery. Take special care of yourself.
Sharon, what a cool looking rig! Hope you will get it set up "just so" and have a safe trip.
Lou and Larrita
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #2224
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow just got in the door - that was a long afternoon - and we are in a blizzard most of the day too. But has stopped snowing now - but windy and the temps are dropping tomorrow to -35c The coldest yet - Really looks like norther January out there.

Had to do all the truck things today. Get all the papers signed and run the Yukon to get the prodigy removed and then the new truck over for it to be installed. She drives nice and handles well in the snow in 4x4 Is a little lighter than the Yukon but I will be adding some weight back with the stuff for traveling and the truck cap and Kayak, bike etc.

I got a line on a use cap - for 1/3 of new cost it is a Metallic Black so it should match or contrast nicely. Will see what it looks like first before deciding to pay to have it colour matched. Got a line on another fellow who has the Racks I need at less than a 1/3 of new - so I am doing pretty good thus far - three for three..And one of my mottos is 1-2-3 it is meant to be!!!

Now I have to start packing - ha it will take me that long for sure.

Hey Kposey - I think it is cold everywhere at the moment - but hmm I sure would not mind your temps - if you like and can have a bit of snow shipped to you I hope she rides nice too. I think I will be a little nervous out this time as I will not have had a chance to take her out on the road before I leave. Don't want to pill up the salt on the ModPod before I have to. I am sure it will not take too much time. But the turning radius of the truck is a lot less than I am used to with the Yukon.

Thanks ladies on the kudos on the "styling" Truck. Was not planning on getting a truck with graphics on it - but the truck has that GFX trim package so heck I was not going to grumble - it grows on you.

I backed her up to the ModPod so they can keep each other warm - but too dark and cold by the time I got home to fiddle with taking pics....

Hey Carol good luck with your surgery on Friday - get lots of rest and make sure it heals properly before you start lifting things like the Propane Tanks again!!! I did that hitch thing the other day (lifting in and out of the Yukon two of them and forgot how heavy that puppy is. Almost dropped it so I hugged it instead and got oil all over my winter jacket!

I'm up next week for the postponed dental surgery. No need to well wish - I save them all from my first date

And I finally have a consult with a new orthopedic surgeon for a prothesis ankle. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is up on the new technology. If not I may get him to refer me to someone in the States (Road Trip )

Carol Yes I think Peter will get the garage finished by the time I get back. Not the siding - that will have to wait until the summer. He will be well on his way with it before I leave I am sure.

Well better put up a bit of a wind shelter looks like we are in for a real gail!!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #2225
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Brad made Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies ladies... More coffee please Kathy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rhan431l.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	73869  

photography
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #2226
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
yum Coffee and chocolate??

Hey Sharon,

Wow love that new truck!! Its you!! I'm open to suggestions as to where, I'm glad to help out, but I think Carol and Laura are the movers and shakers!!

If you go to Savannah, GA eat something at Paula Deen's restaurant for me!
Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons Restaurant - Savannah, Georgia

Charleston is a fun town!! We love SC beaches. Edisto Beach state park is a an hour's distance but lovely, you can get some of the best beach in SC and it was a very clean place to camp, we were there last summer!!
About This Park - Edisto Beach State Park - Discover South Carolina

Also just south of Myrtle Beach at Murrell's Inlet you get a better beach and gorgeous scenery at Huntington Beach State Park, it was great with full hookups, ranger guided kayak trips, etc. Not as crowded as Myrtle, great bike paths too.
http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...park/1020.aspx