Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #2185
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Ha ha do I ever remember - them were the biggest strawberries I had ever seen!! Yummy the few times that I break down and eat them..

Just coloured the hair and will probably have to do it again just before I leave.

Mom had a fall today - Dad called wanting us to drive over 45 minutes to help Well heck that ain't happening - I told him very calmly - if we lived 2 seconds away 911 is the procedure. If she had hurt herself and people not qualified trying to lift her would be a disaster!!!

Hopefully they both learned their lesson today - Mom in not trying to do thing on her own too soon (she got up to go to the kitchen with walker and lost her balance) and with no spotter she went ass over teakettle, twisted her back and banged her head but the EMS attendants thought she was fine - they are in touch with her by phone for the evening.

They have to learn now to use the services available to them whom are quailfied - It gave them both a bit of a shock and a confidence boost in the services too. Dad has to learn to let go of his controlling care over Mom - and hey me too I have to learn to let go and let them not be so dependent on me - as I will not be here all the time for them. Even if I was I am not qualified in lots of the care that Mom needs and eventually Dad will need too.

Sorry for the rant here.....just needing a bit of "lovin"

Hey Sue how are you holding up?

And you too Lou how is your Mom doing.

And steph how is your Mom doing on her recovery.

Well wishes to all for a healthy 09

Annie and Marvin have a great time at the Canopener. Take a can of beans with you

Drive Careful to Texas.

Chow - Luv and hugs to both.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #2186
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
hmmm

All I can say, Sharon, is that "elders" do NOT learn their lessons this way. They think they can do it even tho they have fallen tens of times!!! I have wayyyyyy too much experience in this area. My mom has been diagnosed with Parkinsons and Alzheimer's and is fighting a losing battle. She is now wheelchair bound, but that has not stopped her from trying to get up. All tries end with failure, either to the floor, or back into the chair. We have had lots of runs to the hospital! Her mind and body still thinks it can, but the brain has forgotten how to tell the parts to do it. They now have her alarmed in the chair and in the bed when she is there. She wears an ankle alarm to keep her in the facility. Vocabulary is failing and the concept of time and short term memory failing too. Luckily, there are only 60+ residents there and they all keep their eyes on her, and take good care of her. I am going every day and spend a few hours. The doc says to not hope for more than I have now. He says she must stay as active and involved as we can make her. So you know what I am doing. Like ALL you with elders to care for, we are earning our Angel Wings while we are here on earth.
Hugs to you all who are in the same position. Hope you have great support from family and friends.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #2187
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
All I can say, Sharon, is that "elders" do NOT learn their lessons this way. They think they can do it even tho they have fallen tens of times!!! ...........Like ALL you with elders to care for, we are earning our Angel Wings while we are here on earth.
Hugs to you all who are in the same position. Hope you have great support from family and friends.

Lou Big hugs back girl. You certainly deserve it.

My heart can't take it!!!! I have prepared too many times in my mind and my heart and my emotions with my Mom's health over the last year and a bit - and it is just killing me - one of the reasons I have to just GO!!!!!!!!!

Some of us are cut out for this but NOT ME!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #2188
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just popping in to wish everyone a really great Celebration tonight.

Be safe.

And a Huge Happy, Safe and Prosperous 2009 to ALL!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #2189
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy New Year!

Larry and I are celebrating lots tonight. 38 yrs. ago this is the night that he proposed! We hope that everyone has lots of love and happiness in 2009! Happy New Year to all!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #2190
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Larry and I are celebrating lots tonight. 38 yrs. ago this is the night that he proposed! We hope that everyone has lots of love and happiness in 2009! Happy New Year to all!

Wow Happy Anniversary Too!!!! 38 years simply amazing!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #2191
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
I was a geriatric nurse for over half my career and I use to tell families that we grow up thinking about taking on the trials and tribulations of raising children but no where do we get any education on how to cope with aging parents, add to that by the time our parents need our help we are on the downhill run ourselves. Being certified in geriatrics did not help me one bit when my turn came to try and help my parents through their last years.I was just as frustrated and at a loss how to help as the next person. I hope that I have been very clear with my children, actually having a Health Care power of Attorney established and Living Will, that I will make it a little easier for them. Yes, you are using your angel wings and also setting an example for those who follow you.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #2192
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Lou, sweet story! Happy anniversary and many more. We are at 45 and they just grow sweeter year by year Best of ALL to all Silver Sisters for the New Year, ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #2193
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
1978 31' Sovereign
Mansfield , Georgia
Gods speed for miracles deserved. Gods understanding and strength for souls like me. Happy New Years
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #2194
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning All!

Just popped in..Happy Birthday Carol and Happy Anniversary Lou!!..wishing everyone al the Best for the new Happy New Year!

Just finished baking some cream puffs for dessert tonite..come on by if you'd like and I'll be happy to share some!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #2195
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hmmmm, Codybear, cream puffs! Our house is full of the aroma wafting from a just-finished pot of New Year's Day Black Eyed Peas and a Cherry Crisp. I'm glad to pass both around our blazing campfire-yummy and good luck for the new year too! What else is cooking here at our virtual rally? I think it's time for a New Year's Day Silver Sisters' pot luck! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #2196
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I had a craving for lemon tea bread with walnuts so that would definitely have to be my virtual choice. It's a holiday so no worries until tomorrow, today is for indulging and sweets are the ticket for me!! Thanks Paula and G. I am in heaven with all the sweet treats.

Happy Anniversary to Lou and Larry!

This new year potluck is real fine.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #2197
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Happy New Year Ladies!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #2198
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi ALL
Lou and Larry CONGRATS. WHOW 38 yrs ago. TIME FLYS WHEN YOUR HAVIN FUN.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
We were commenting today about all the great people we met last yr and how we cannot hardly wait to get started again. Hey Airdale HAppy New Year to U also,Lets go campin. Get your thinkin cap on.Get some plans made.
Roger & MaryLou

7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote