Old 12-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #2171
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Yes and lets not forget Carol's Birthday on the 25th!!!
hmm Did you get a day Pass for good behavior or something Airboss. (pulling your chain ole boy!!)

You sure do like hanging out with the Gals eh? Hope Santa brings you a little sweetie to keep your bones nice and warm and your recipie topped up!!!

Yeah Carol how OLD are ya NOW!!!

Airboss - see the logic in bringing that subject up on a Women's thread - hmmm better put a helmet on buddy....I hear there is lots of wet snow out there for some pretty awesome snowballs that are going to come your way....and I know that Carol has a pretty good arm for flinging stuff....

Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #2172
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Sharon, that shot reminded me of the blizzard of 1978 when I was living in Toledo... OY VEY! That's snow!

Down here in Nashville it's 60s and rain... and wind. Felt like it was going to topple the highrise down. Ten floors up you can really feel it, especially since were on a high hill.

Happy early birthday Carol!

Hope y'all have a wonderful blessed Christmas. Enjoy time with family, quiet moments, and the joy of the season through the eyes of a child!

Hugs and love!
/Lois

WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #2173
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all Silver Sisters and I will include brothers also...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #2174
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Lois, hey Annie, and now for you Ralph and Sharon!

How old am I??? If I were a car I would seriously consider turning back the odometer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snowball copy.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	72880
Name:   face_240x120.gif
Views: 122
Size:  6.4 KB

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #2175
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yeah Sharon out on Parole here... Have to be back in the old folks home before midnight...Well Im sure Carol has no problem with being 39 (again).. So no Helmet Required.. (I Hope). One more thing Miss Smartie Pants......Carol is very good at flinging stuff but never have I seen her use her arms for it...
Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #2176
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy Birthday!

Carol, we hope that you had a wonderful Christmas birthday! How wonderful to have all the celebration going on around you! Did you have company? Did the kids come up for Christmas, or did you get to see those new grandbabies? Do tell all!!! WE don't care how old you are! We love you no matter what age the calendar says!!! Best wishes! Hope you do something fun to celebrate!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #2177
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, all, happy Christmas birthday to Carol, and hopes that everyone has had merry holidays. I shook my head this morning when the first thing I heard by the anchors of one of the morning news shows saying that Christmas was now over and it was time for hitting the stores for after-Christmas sales. Where are the twelve days of Christmas? Epiphany or Three Kings Day? I cannot imagine undergoing all the buildup of the holiday only to say it was OVER on Dec.26. Am I alone thinking this? We had several lovely days with family around. It seems like I turned into a marathon chef with help from Max. Someone was always wanting to eat or it was time for another celebration meal. Whew! I am glad to have that part past! We had some sadnesses: my mom's stroke, Steve's sudden worsening kidneys with dialysis starting in a week or so after surgery to put in a temporary port, subsequent cancellation of our long-awaited January holiday to Key Largo, and the loss of our dear Wally dog, but somehow, though in my mind I was dreading the actuality of Christmas Day, we all had fun, and all the worries seem more manageable now. I believe that Life tempers us and makes us stronger day by day. Enough of us...I just heated some coffee with Baileys, the fire is lit, and let the holidays keep coming! Joy to you all...~Georgia
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #2178
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Georgia, I too hope that we can hold onto that holiday season and spirit as long as we can. One day is not nearly enough. I remember my mother putting Easter eggs on the tree, how's that for extending the season? By July the woman downstairs was complaining that the flocking and needles from the tree now removed to the balcony was causing her endless snow and sweeping on her patio.

Well that was Mom, even though she was a ribbon demonstator, had the account for decorating the trees in a key location on Lake Shore Drive Chicago, trees across the nation in Lawrence shopping center, had two shops for her creativity and a professional gift wrapper, etc., etc., she would distribute plain wrapped boxes to the family and we would wrap our own presents, not knowing whose was whose.

But the spirit of cherishing family and friends, the joy of giving of one's self to others through acts of thoughtfullness, the beauty of falling snow and warm hearths, (for we Northerners...Southerners have the joy of actually having gorgeous Pointsettias)and our hope and faith in our Grand Creator and giver of life, does remain with us all through the year.

You've had more than your share of bumps in the road this year G. but we are glad to hear that with family assembled you enjoyed a wonderful time together.

Wishing you and all a renewal of love, joy, peace, patience and harmony in the coming new year.

photography
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #2179
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Carol, we hope that you had a wonderful Christmas birthday! How wonderful to have all the celebration going on around you! Did you have company? Did the kids come up for Christmas, or did you get to see those new grandbabies? Do tell all!!! WE don't care how old you are! We love you no matter what age the calendar says!!! Best wishes! Hope you do something fun to celebrate!
Believe it or not Lou, Brad and I actually don't celebrate the traditional holidays any more, or observe the traditional customs. So no cake or presents for my birthday, though unfortunately that still does not exempt the years from piling on!

We chose Thanksgiving with the kids this year. With us living out of state so far from home visits are quite limited and with their extended set of familes they are homebased for the holidays to share the season with so many.

I have been so warmly extended so many good wishes here on the forum that you all have made me feel so good and break out in smiles spontaneously just thinking about my friends and that is the best gift of all. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

photography
Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #2180
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So how old am I? Each day I wake up is a gift. However...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	maxine_mondays.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	73074  

photography
Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #2181
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Have not been here for a few days.....hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and time with family and friends.

We had a nice family gathering - run off my feet and a wicked tooth ache to contend with all the day - but drugs came in handy - I was about to call up Ralph for some of his recipe. It has settled since - but hmm I wonder why it would flare up Xmas eve and Day - tee hee....it was nice having a lovely Buzz to deal with the ensuing family "discussions".....

Don't you just love the support you get when you say you are leaving for 2 months....ARRRGGG!!!!

G - thanks dear for the coffee and baileys what a godsend you are. Here is hoping 2009 will be a great year for you and your family.

Hey Annie it was so cool to skype girl - we should have been doing it for years!!! What a laugh - I have it turned off at the moment or I will never get anything done - and with only 4 weeks till departure I have a ton of things to take care of.

Carol I did not care how old you were tee hee - just giving the heads up that hmm you don't ask an old lady how old she really is - ha that aught get your arms instead of tongue (as insinuated by Ralph not me) going

Bring it on girl do you have any snow left to throw this far....we had torrential rain and have lost 3/4's of the snow and what remains is strewn with branches - the winds we had yesterday were darn right scary and I have not been out to see if any branches have hit any of the trailers.

Anyway Carol Happy Belated Birthday hope you have a great year! - can't really send you anything as you know why...take care.

what to leave at the fire - how about a Terry's Chocolate Orange....or two or three...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #2182
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So give girl! (munch munch... mouthful of chocolate orange) What's the two month trip plan? I see Gypsygirl is going on a long trip soon as well. Lucky gals to be heading out in your Airstreams. Tell us more, please.

We must have had similar weather, one day gorgeous snow the next day 55 degrees and flooded yard and 60 miles per hour gusts that ripped off our shingles and made the yard look like it was covered in shingle shrapnel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PICT1152.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	73075  

photography
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #2183
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
So give girl! (munch munch... mouthful of chocolate orange) What's the two month trip plan? I see Gypsygirl is going on a long trip soon as well. Lucky gals to be heading out in your Airstreams. Tell us more, please.

We must have had similar weather, one day gorgeous snow the next day 55 degrees and flooded yard and 60 miles per hour gusts that ripped off our shingles and made the yard look like it was covered in shingle shrapnel.
gotta be in the inner circle to get the skivvy - lets just say I am running wild and lovin it!!!! and getting as far away from this cold weather as I possibly can. (I would say unleashed and lovin it - but - been there done that and it did not work).

Going to find my Lama spitting farm to give me a new perspective on life - is that a good one maybe maybe not....

In all seriousness I have not decided if I will try the Rally tour in several SouthEast States or if I will pick a nice quiet spot by the sea side and just over winter and mellow - with what I am working on. I don't need it hot I just want to be where I can walk the dogs with out taking a header - I want a place that I can enjoy more than a few steps from my front door without freezing my A off. I want I want and this time I will get!! - Life really is too bloody short to let things get you down.

Opportunities are out there and I am going to grab me some.

Either get busy living or get busy dying

a new motto perhaps.....

Pays to have a sturdy metal roof sometimes eh?

Picture does not do it justice - but it bent double that at one point and I just stood with my mouth open instead of snapping away - I thought it was going to break and fall right no my dreams for escape!! I was standing on my desk looking out the window from the loft and my stomach was at my knees!!!!

I have half a mind to move her - but if I do then a rogue tree will fall on her - so she is staying right there safe amongst the trees that were protecting her - my sweet little chariot who will surely save me from my purgative state

Name:	DSC_2591.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	73076
Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #2184
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Well Ladies ... hope that the weather has improved for all of you in the north... We are now in Tampa staying at Lazy Days Rally park for 3 days.. free...... can't get any better than that plus it has given us a chance to visit some of our favourite haunts... Parkdale and yummy strawberry shortcake.... remember Sharon...??? Than we are on our way to the Can opener rally ... few days here and a few days there on the way and than to Texas for the rest of the winter... Wishing you all a Happy New year

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote