Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #3041
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
My summer of 2012 will be a mix of staycation, camping and work. This rural mom and pop establishment is local to both my job and to home. There is a 5 acre lake, trails and a nature center with live birds and goats. My campsite is the last picture, next to the camp store. Right now it smells like honeysuckle and the sound of birds fill the air. I intend to get some new tires for my bike and ride the trails at the municipal park nearby as well as the country roads and campground. I want to get some sun and shed some weight, build a little muscle and enjoy the peace and quiet. Also get in some reading. I'll be bringing Orie and he can swim in the lake too. Come vacation I will definitely tow to elsewhere. "Elsewhere is always better. It better be," quote from the Airstream documentary Roam Sweet Roam. Roam Sweet Home | Video Data Bank

Hi Carol. Those pictures (and scenery) are beautiful! How neat that you can find a place to hang out that is close but gives you a mini vacation away from the homestead and hustle/bustle of the city. Wow, I feel so relaxed just looking at the photos! Have fun and lots of whatever you want to do! Take care. ~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #3042
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Preeceville , Saskatchewan
This year will be a stay cation. My husband asked if I wanted the Airstream or a trip to Paris. I went for the Airstream of course. We have a quarter section of land in Manitoba that we try to spend most weekends at. I think we will take the AS out to it so we can work on it over the summer. I haven't done much the last few weeks as I haven't been well. My Dr gave me a big blast of prednisone last week and I seem to be finally on the mend. I am sitting in the AS trying to figure out where to start and daydreaming about the fun trips we will have!!
MissyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #3043
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Ok ladies. I think we need to plan a silver sisters rally in september. Who would be interested?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #3044
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
Ok ladies. I think we need to plan a silver sisters rally in september. Who would be interested?
I won't likely be coming to many more Airstream Rallies. I am selling mine. She does not fit my needs any longer.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #3045
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi;
I won't likely be coming to many more Airstream Rallies. I am selling mine. She does not fit my needs any longer.

Good for you in taking care of yourself!!! Bummers for us! You will be missed!! I wish you all the best on the journeys that lie ahead of you. Take care Silver Sister.

~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #3046
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
No Airstream ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
Wow..so what's up Michelle - you buying an airplane now and going to fly the world. It has been a very long time - I do hope that all is well with you?
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #3047
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Hello from Saskatoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyT View Post
Hi there! Is there room for another by this fire? You seem like such a great bunch! We just brought home our first AS yesterday! It is a 1965 Caravel. She is in fairly good shape and as soon as we got her home I started cleaning as it was pretty dirty in there (she sat for several years),, found a dead mouse and a dead bird :-( that I could have done without. On the upside found some original bits and pieces that we hadn't seen before. Looking forward to getting to know you better, it is nice to have a spot for "us girls".

Andrea
Hello Andrea! Congratulations on your Airstream! Too bad I missed your message; otherwise, I would have invited you to our rally in Alberta on the May long weekend.

Have a lot of fun this summer in your Airstream. I hope to see you down the road.

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #3048
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So Carol - how is your staycation working out - the place looks great..I can see you floating on your personal lake with a red merlot and umbrella attached to your floaty. Or maybe you should get one of those floating islands with the palm tree

I'm still holding out fairly well in my "tight" space..I think I just surpassed the longest at one time I have spent in the trailer - but that time was dog free with a very bad wrist as I recall - I can't believe I've been her 9 weeks already.

Starting to tackle little things that have been annoying me...Like the shower curtain - its plastic - so changed it out to one of those polyester ones so it will dry faster and not prone to mould.

Cleaned out the cleaning supply cupboard - whoohoo that was exciting. Picked up some 12 volt halogens I'm out 5 now - so will replace them in the morning.

I have an issue with the water heater again - it is faltering so I think I have to clean some sensor or another???

My neighbours are going to help me inspect my brakes and hubs - and get some parts I need ordered and then they said they would change them out right here for me - so I cut their grass today - they are all only weekenders.

This place is really quiet on the whole - but will see our loud it gets when the kids are off school.

Have decided to change out the 12volt motor only on the ventline bathroom fan - heck of a lot cheaper than the whole thing - and I know the blades are good - it's just the motor that is pouched - the bushings are going and it squeals intermittently.

No plans for any trips lately.

September Rally sounds like it might be a plan I could handle airbiscuit - depending on my money situation then.

Staycations seem to be the flavour of the day - but it is not all bad at all. I have never had better sleeps than I have in this trailer...in fact I can't seem to get myself up and out without 9-10 hours sleep these days - I thought as you got older you did not need as much sleep

Speaking of sleep - my little nest is calling me..Hope you are all well - and either heading down the road or at least thinking about it - or enjoying the aluminum not far from home - like your driveway - that is the next best thing really - it is so easy to imagine you are anywhere and still have that Airstream feeling...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #3049
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
This year will be a stay cation. My husband asked if I wanted the Airstream or a trip to Paris. I went for the Airstream of course. We have a quarter section of land in Manitoba that we try to spend most weekends at. I think we will take the AS out to it so we can work on it over the summer. I haven't done much the last few weeks as I haven't been well. My Dr gave me a big blast of prednisone last week and I seem to be finally on the mend. I am sitting in the AS trying to figure out where to start and daydreaming about the fun trips we will have!!
Word of advice - make sure you hubster does not get the polish bug....keep him on track with the restoration and get it all functional - it can be all shinny as heck but will be unusable without the work inside - where it really counts to get out and camp with.

Ha my "wasbund" is now kicking himself - should have spent the hours and hours and hours he spent polishing - actually fixing and installing all the parts we bought 4 years ago now for the 63 GT....He could actually be living in it - now or could have sold it and made some money for himself. Now it is a race to which happens first - the trailer being finished or the house sells and there goes his nice cushy RV garage that he built to work on trailers. Ha instead he worked out side polishing

PS hope you are feeling much better now!

Also what fridge model do you have in there? - I think I still have one of those turquoise shelfs from our old 69 - RM85 I think it was..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #3050
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
Hello Andrea! Congratulations on your Airstream! Too bad I missed your message; otherwise, I would have invited you to our rally in Alberta on the May long weekend.

Have a lot of fun this summer in your Airstream. I hope to see you down the road.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Thanks but we just got her the first weekend in May and need to do some work on her first. I was just in Saskatoon a week ago, unfortunately into emerg at RUH - fun spot to be on a Friday night. At least it reminded me why we moved from Vancouver!

You have a lot of fun too, hopefully we will cross paths, do you have a favourite spot to go?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #3051
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Word of advice - make sure you hubster does not get the polish bug....keep him on track with the restoration and get it all functional - it can be all shinny as heck but will be unusable without the work inside - where it really counts to get out and camp with.

Ha my "wasbund" is now kicking himself - should have spent the hours and hours and hours he spent polishing - actually fixing and installing all the parts we bought 4 years ago now for the 63 GT....He could actually be living in it - now or could have sold it and made some money for himself. Now it is a race to which happens first - the trailer being finished or the house sells and there goes his nice cushy RV garage that he built to work on trailers. Ha instead he worked out side polishing

PS hope you are feeling much better now!

Also what fridge model do you have in there? - I think I still have one of those turquoise shelfs from our old 69 - RM85 I think it was..
Thanks for the words of advice, we are working on the inside first. My husband is generally very practical plus I think a little overwhelmed with the thought of polishing (thankfully it's a smaller AS}

I will check on the fridge model, it is original along with almost everything in the trailer. The oven was never used and the broiler pan is pristine!

I am feeling better (thank you for asking) but still struggling a bit. I am back to work but I am too wiped out to work on the AS. Fingers crossed I am back to my old self soon!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #3052
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Camping in Saskatchewan

Quote:
Hi Lisa,

Thanks but we just got her the first weekend in May and need to do some work on her first. I was just in Saskatoon a week ago, unfortunately into emerg at RUH - fun spot to be on a Friday night. At least it reminded me why we moved from Vancouver!

You have a lot of fun too, hopefully we will cross paths, do you have a favourite spot to go?
Sorry to hear you were at RUH. I hope all is well.

Hopefully we'll get to see you at our spring rally next year. It will be somewhere in Saskatchewan.

This summer, we'll be looking to camp where there is water because we just got a Hobie tandem kayak. Otherwise, one of our favorite campgrounds is Outlook Regional Park (shhhh! Don't let too many know! It's hard to get a site there).

How about you? Any favorite camping areas?

Take care,
Lisa

Old 06-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #3053
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Wow..so what's up Michelle - you buying an airplane now and going to fly the world. It has been a very long time - I do hope that all is well with you?
I lost my FAA medical in March of 2008. I have not been in a general aviation plane since. I developed Neuroapthy in my legs and my hands. I though I was going to retire until the economy tanked.

I went back to school finally wanting a Masters in Computer Science. I have run out of money and now need a job.
The reason I am selling the 31 Classic is I cannot get it into many Federal, State and Local parks. Most have a limit of 25ft. I also have a Motorcycle to replace my Airplane. I would like to take it with me and the bed of the truck is not an option. Out front on a mount won't work either the bike is too heavy. So a Toy hauler is in my future. After I get a job....

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #3054
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
Sorry to hear you were at RUH. I hope all is well.

Hopefully we'll get to see you at our spring rally next year. It will be somewhere in Saskatchewan.

This summer, we'll be looking to camp where there is water because we just got a Hobie tandem kayak. Otherwise, one of our favorite campgrounds is Outlook Regional Park (shhhh! Don't let too many know! It's hard to get a site there).

How about you? Any favorite camping areas?

Take care,
Lisa
I have to tell you, when I was is RUH I overheard a Dr. ask a guy what was wrong. He said " I was stabbed four or five times", the Dr replied "where"? The guy replied " in Outlook" - Dr says " no, I mean where on your body?"

Anyway, thanks for the tip, we will check it out. We have been in SK three years today so have lots to explore still. We have camped near Preeceville, I liked Lady Lake regional park. It is small but quiet, nice lake to fish on. We have been at Good Spirit but I am yet to get a quiet nights sleep there. We mostly go to our property in Manitoba. It is really close to the Manitoba side of Duck Mountain Park.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #3055
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Quote:
I have to tell you, when I was is RUH I overheard a Dr. ask a guy what was wrong. He said " I was stabbed four or five times", the Dr replied "where"? The guy replied " in Outlook" - Dr says " no, I mean where on your body?"

Anyway, thanks for the tip, we will check it out. We have been in SK three years today so have lots to explore still. We have camped near Preeceville, I liked Lady Lake regional park. It is small but quiet, nice lake to fish on. We have been at Good Spirit but I am yet to get a quiet nights sleep there. We mostly go to our property in Manitoba. It is really close to the Manitoba side of Duck Mountain Park.
Oh my goodness! I have to laugh even though it's sad! Are you sure you weren't at a comedy club instead of RUH?

Good advice on Lady Lake and Good Spirit (I don't like noisy campgrounds). We'll check out Lady Lake.

Have a great summer!

Lisa

Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #3056
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Time to put another log on the fire. Had someone call us already to ask if the AS is for sale. Our little trailer has garnered a lot of attention since we got it. It is the only one in town, a neighbour's son really likes it - the kid's got taste :-)
Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #3057
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Bummed out right now. Huge windstorm last night and today - put the power out at 10:30 last night and stayed out until 7:30 tonight. That wasn't too bad. We had a big tree come down in the yard and land on the back of the AS. Poor little thing is in rough shape, not sure if it can be fixed. I just feel sick about it, thankfully no one was hurt so I guess I should look on the bright side.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #3058
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Oh no Missy, sooooo sorry to hear that!
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #3059
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
oh no

I hope that you will be able to have help with evaluating whether or not it can be fixed. I am so sorry you have to go through this ordeal.
Two years ago, we had 6 or 7 trees land on our 29 ft. Excella. Yours doesn't have any excess footage. That sick feeling is just horrendous. We were able to go to JC and have ours repaired.
I wish you the best of luck!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #3060
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Catching up..

Hey Michelle I missed your post - I'm sorry to hear about the turn of events. But you still sound very positive and that is a great thing. Life does throw us some crazy hard curve balls some times eh!

Toy Hauler sounds like the perfect way to go. I do hope you land yourself a nice job and can start putting the pennies away for your new toy.

Misty T - wow what rotten luck!!! We have been so lucky all those years living in the forest with trees landing on the boat and the trucks but never any of the airstreams we had parked there -

My Modpod was damaged by a tree but you would never know it - Factory repaired.

However, yours being a vintage - might be a little more testy to repair - can you post pics....

It is a horrible feeling though to see damage done to our babies that we have mostly searched and decided and persevered for so long to get...

Chin up - there is insurance - and you will always find another if it is not repairable...

PS I just posted photos of my AS over in the June photo Contest with a bit of my story of late...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415...t-91998-4.html Post #47