Sauquoit , New York
A scene from our window

This was take from our window. Cold, snowy and still beautiful

Old 02-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #198
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
A Winter Scene

I am going to try AGAIN. It worked one time when I posted a photo of the inside of our GT. Other tries NO. GT 6921 helped me get my Duck photo on the thread. I dislike giving up....am trying again.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #199
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Winter Scene

This is my last try. Have been trying. Here we go
Old 02-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #200
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
I got on the Silver Sisters Thread and it was probably 2/4. I decided today to go to the first thread. I did not realize what a great thread. SUPER.

You are all wonderful people. I am new to Airstream. And meeting people like you is wonderful. I think we all have many things in common. Interested in living life to it's fullest and enjoying experiences.

I am currently an owner of an Advertising Agency and teach Advertising at a Community College. Gardening, Sailing, Boating, Camping, Crocheting, Knitting, Making Rugs are a few of my interests. Happy to have met you all.

GT6921 you have a great project scheduled. Saw the photos of your 63 GT.
Later Aria
Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #201
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Good morning, Aria. You have a marvelous list of interests. How do you make your rugs? I used to weave rugs using a four harness floor loom. Perhaps you are hooking yours? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #202
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
G, I have made hooked. I have made braided. And yes, a Blind friend taught me to braid and loop. All the rugs I have made are fine. This latest method my friend Betty taught me is the best.

You braid once and then loop...front to back and back to front. It is not easy. There is no sewing together of the braids. I had a TV station come to the Adult Center where Betty demonstrated and it was a TV special in our area. She is a wonderful person and does fine work.

I am going to write my note, go to post window, then to additional options
to manage attachments. Browse upload return to post window and click submit reply. G can you point out something I am doing incorrectly?

Following the message I would not click post quick reply? Type a message and go to post reply. Or go to post reply on the previous thread?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Aria, you've lost me! Anyone who has been long on this forum would vouch that I am not computer savvy. Perhaps someone else will jump in to help you. I do almost all my posting with Quick Reply and I've never had it fail. I'll be watching to see what someone else suggests. . .~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 02-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Aria - it is okay - we all can see your photos and they look lovely - just kidding....but wanted to make you feel okay - many of us have had issues trying to post photos.

When you select photo from file then click upload - are you waiting for it to up load??? it takes a couple of seconds. In the window it will say "Please wait-uploading" once uploaded you will then see your filename in the sub window box called "current attachments. This means you have uploaded.

You must also select a file name - and not what you had mentioned to me before (folder).

Unless you see the file in the Manage Attachment window then they have not uploaded - which means you are not picking a file that is compatible with the list or the size is too big. But it usually tells you that- so I would suspect that you are not waiting long enough for the file to upload.

Try it again....

PS you can also edit your posts to after you have posted - and you can delete them too if you like if something does not go well

But like I said - we can just picture your pictures.....
Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #205
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
..... A question: what are you Rivettes using to take your bird pics? You are getting such good close ups. Are your feeders close by or are you using some magnification? I'm just a click and shoot picture taker--no knowledge or skill so some explanation and procedure would be good for me. Several years ago we bought a Canon PowerShot Pro90 I, 10X zoom, 2.6 mega pixels. .......~G
Hey Girl - that is a fine camera.....I am just using a Kodak Z740 10XZoom (38-380mm lens- for those SLR buffs)5.0 mega pixels - and I always shoot on "Best" mode as you just never know when you take a prize winning shot that needs to be blown up. My Dad shoot in low res all the time and wonders why they print like poop.

I don't do anything fancy like when I used to use my Nikon SLR back in the day. This camera has a zoom button that takes me through my 38-380 then digitally takes me another 10X - when you go into digital zoom you will loose some picture quality.

It has an auto focus - which on the most part is great - but sometimes it can not determine what the subject you are really taking is. Like the one of Haily I had posted a while back - she was out of focus and yet the bull rushers were - the phot was still kind of neat but not what I had intended.

The only thing I find with the digitals - if yours works like this - you need to depress the shutter but part way in order for the camera to focus once it is ready then click - mine will hunt sometimes - for the best focus shot - left to right or perfect centre. It is made for hmm me when I have a hangover tee hee - or "dumies" in the nice sence. Once you see the little green squares in the view finder (or on the LCD- as many use) then you are good to take your pic.

I have some other options like bumping up the light or bringing it down - to prevent over or under exposure of your pic. But the beauty of digital if you are familiar with Photoshop you can pretty much correct anything with the photo unless it is a total blur or you missed the subject all together - as Peter does many times.

I have a 1 gig memory card but have a Good habit of downloading after each shoot - and I delete the files upon download this keeps your memory card clean and prevents corruption of the card and potentially lost "once in a life time shots"

I just went out to see if I could take some shots to explain.....The camera has a hard time with lighting and where the subject is sometimes. This first shot it took the foreground suet feed and not the YBSS on the tree - so he ended up blurred.

The next one is at the top range of the 380mm zoom from my front door. Still not crisp like an SLR with manual focus. But I also had to bump up the exposure because it was asking for the flash to be open. - which gave it a bit too much in this photo.

The last one is bumped up into the 10X zoom - and you can see how the quality and clarity lessons and becomes almost grainy and not in focus

One additional note - when camera batteries are getting low - your picutre quality will diminish - so if you find you are not getting clear pics when you should then toss the batteries. My digial Energizer e's get recycled into my remote mouse. When they are too low for the camera they will operate other items. Friendly tip.

Because I miss my digital - I have this camera sound set to sound just like a real shutter - tee hee - don't like the bells and things.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6828.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	32128   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6833.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	32129  

Name:	100_6842.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	32130  
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
I don't have steps I can follow 1. What? 2. next etc. Will try
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airstream2006Ducks002.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	32147  
Old 02-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #207
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Airstream GT. I think it is where the file is located. Some go...some do not.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airstream2006Ducks003.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	32148  
Old 02-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #208
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
GT6921 you are such a help. Yes my photos are in a server. When I sent them to you I was able to move them and then I can post here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0001.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	32152  
Old 02-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #209
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, that makes good sense with the photos to explain. Thanks for taking the time to show ~G And Aria, we do see your pictures. Way to go!
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 02-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #210
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
GYou braid once and then loop...front to back and back to front. It is not easy. There is no sewing together of the braids.
Hey Aria,
That rug making method sounds awesome!! Lovely photos too! Glad you joined the online rally, hope to meet you someday at a real life rally!