Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #2841
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up Long long honeymoon

We ordered and received our 3 DVD set of Airstream video blogs from Sean and Kristy of the Long Long Honeymoon series. Not only is is an autographed copy wishing us great travels but it has arrived in time for our long long honeymoon of 40 years today!!! You betcha, there will be fireworks tonight. DH really likes his Airstream shirt too. Life is Good!
Happy 4th everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inthemail.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	677.3 KB
ID:	106261   Click image for larger version

Name:	12842_01.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	106262  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #2842
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hey Sharon, We should be in town-we won't be going to the mountains till a little later. We get back from the first trip Aug 1st. Just give me an idea when to be on the look out for you. You know we love having you, maybe we can get in some kayaking-I have two now. How is Peter doing? Safe travels, girl-stay away from knives!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #2843
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Great pictures Carol!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #2844
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
C.J. always has the best photos.. They kick butt!!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #2845
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
haha thank you Ralph and Laura. Those Bash pictures of yours and congratulations on the winning photo Laura, those are pretty splendiferous too!

photography
Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #2846
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Knoxville , TN
Thanks for the invite. I may be able to do the Dutchoven Rally in October,but will be in Montana/Alberta in late July.
Judy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #2847
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
well, hopefully this will work! LOL enjoy... Created on FACEinHOLE.com
Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #2848
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan

Name:	Loren.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	106880

That is super! I love it!! You make a right fine poster girl.

Congratulations, YOU CAN TOW IT Loren!!!!!!!!!!!

And also congratulations on your engagement. I think it's pretty cool to have an engagement rally and wedding rally. Have you set the wedding date?

Tow tow tow you tote
gently with your 'stream
airily airily airily airily
Life is but a dream

photography
Old 07-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #2849
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Yup, June 11, 2011. We haven't picked our destination for the honeymoon rally yet though. Maybe by December we will have that figured out! LOL!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #2850
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A June bride that is lovely.

photography
Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #2851
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Tonight is a beautiful night here in Michigan. I have started a campfire and the bugs are not pesky at all.

What are you doing tonight?

photography
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #2852
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, and wishing I was sitting by a campfire with my martini and/or wine. Don't have a "streamer" trip until next month, so for now I will imagine that I am with you in spirit. Enjoy, Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #2853
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
party

Big engagement party for Loren (Airbiscuit) today. We had a group of Airstream friends stop and join us. Fun, fun, fun...but hot as all get out. It rained about the time we were thinking a campfire might be tolerable. We had a great day...but now I am whooped! Feet up and enjoying the AC.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #2854
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Out West...

Well this is really the first time I have had more than a few hours to sit and relax as well as have a wifi signal.

First off lets get to the fantastic news!!!!

Our purpose of the trip was to get Peter a vacation on his way out to Edmonton for a full week of assessments to see if he will be an recipient in the Islet Transplant Program. He was selected as one of 20 applicants for the program but still had to be invited out for the assessment week. He had to have a slew of tests done on all sorts of things even before they gave him the green light to come out.

This has all happened so quickly - simply from him reading and article in the Canadian Health magazine about a woman at end stage Diabetes - that gave the contact for the program. He immediately called them and they hooked him up with the application on line. He ran around like made getting all the tests results they needed to approve him as an applicant.

He got a call the first week of june while I was on the road. So when I got home it was all re-pakcing and making travel plans to head out on the road.

We took about 9 days to travel through the states and hit all the tourist traps along the way I will post pics later on a bigger signal.

The weather in Edmonton was terrible but he managed to get in 3-4 games of golf while I cleaned!!! either the trailer, truck and laundry from the trip out.

So the good news you ask. All four team members gave him an excellent report and all his test are in the perfect range of what they are looking for. So he has been accepted and will be put on the donor list as soon as I return. I am going to cut my travel schedule by two weeks now and be home for the 10th of august.

We have decided that I will fly out with him when he gets the call and stay with him during the crucial first two weeks. Then if he is needed to stay longer his sister will sub me out so that I can get to school. I will have to work things out with my classes to get covered for two weeks off - if he does not get called earlier. No biggy I am sure and well worth it indeed.

I dropped Peter off at the airport and then headed to Lake Louise. Being the weekend and having the dogs with me - it was impossible to find a spot unless it was half way down the mountain - I had to pack up early in the morning so I needed a good nights rest so I missed out taking photos of the renouned green lakes - but saw plenty on my trip down from Lake Louise to Eureka Montana.

I am presently in Kallispel Mt at a walmart with a signal from who knows where. I will do some shopping later when it cools down and I can leave the girls in the trailer. I pick up my friend at the airport for a week of golf.

Then I head out on the 27th south to Denver to see Diane. And a few others if I can swing it.

My friend from Ohio has to work now and will not be coming out west - works fine as I have to head home that week now and will need a few days to get there.

Well that is all my news. It has been a lot of driving - almost 5000 miles thus far and about 3500 to get home still. The brakes will need doing when I get home =- and I need to have someone look at my trailer brakes while I am here in Kallispel they are feeling a bit soft so I suspect the magnets have worn out going through these mountains!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #2855
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That is great news Sharon. We are glad for Peter's being accepted into the program.

While you are out West looking up Diane, maybe go see Michelle (thecatsandi) and Donna, (Dieterdog) and Shari (insideout) and say Hi for us at home and show us pictures!!!

photography
Old 07-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #2856
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
finally

We finally have cooled down a little bit here in OH. Tonight we had a great campfire to end a good day. We have had visitors in our "courtesy parking" spots for a week or so. Michael Depraida, "Artstream", has been visiting. I asked him if he had any good designs for a women's tee shirt. So he whipped up one for us. Here is the link:
Custom Rally Art

We also have Bert and Janie Gildart in the other driveway. Bert is writing/ photographing in the Cuyahoga Valley NP. That is about 40 min. east of us. He is getting ready to write a piece for a travel magazine. His photos are going to be fabulous as usual. Talk about great Silver Sisters...his wife, Janie, is not only his life partner, but is his best editor in chief too. What a wonderful team. They have such great stories.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2010-07-25 19.47.54.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	107491   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-07-25 19.47.28.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	107492  

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #2857
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Great shot you guys, but we already have a store for the graphic. Now there is NO excuse for you two not to make a rally.

Here's the authentic Rivettes graphic and store link...

Rivettes

Ours was entirely a women's group effort done in 2006, I had the background with rivets, Steph chose Rosie as our role model, Jamie customized the text and set up the store while Georgia and Steph came up with our byline the Airesses of Sass, Sass standing for Savvy Airstream (Forum) Sisters Steering (Institute.) Note the lower right hand corner.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/interest-in-a-womans-rally-25669-3.html#post286908
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4997.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	107499   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3072-01.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	107501  

Attached Images

Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #2858
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Rally?

Rally? What rally?? Do we have one scheduled?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #2859
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, that is such good news for Peter. If you can, please tell how the Islets transplant works. It's not the whole pancreas? Our Steve has refused kidney/pancreas transplant though he qualified, like Peter, after all the testing, which truly is rigorous. He has opted for dialysis, but the idea of totally ending the diabetes after a lifetime of it is goosebumpy! Safe travels while on this trip. We just returned after two weeks on the shore of Lake Superior in northern Minnesota...so cooooool. And Missouri is SO hot and muggy in contrast. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #2860
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
No biggie on the plate...even if you never find it, I'd still like to meet! I should be around when you're in town, I will be still recovering from knee surgery. I'm wedging it in between getting back from International and going out for RMVAC...I figure it'll give me incentive to get back up and at 'em!

Keep in touch - let me know when & where and we'll try to work something out!

Shari
Well it has been terrible getting wifi this trip...right now is my first chance since my week in the glacier park.

I am in a KOA at Dubois MT and heading toward Denver in the morning - it is about a 5 hour drive - sorry for the heads up notice. drop me your address and if it is okay to visit - not sure when your Knee surgery is. If it is inconvenient - no worries - I am blowing through all my visits and even got Diane in the wrong State for heavens sake.

Trying to rush home now as Peter just got the call today that he is good to go with the last of his tests so I really don't want to make him wait - and I have over 2000 miles to go to get home.

Sorry no pics yet they will have to wait till I get a good signal - as it is I am having to now sit infront of the KOA office to get a signal and being eaten alive with bugs!!!!

I will pick up mail as soon as I find a hot spot in Denver sometime late tomorrow.

my email is spkallaste@sympatico.ca

Hope the timing is okay......
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote