Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #1975
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Nancy, your daughter has such a great range of photography. What a nice gallery. I see she has done serious work.

But my favorites are your scenics and closeups of flowers like the lilies and irises. Very pretty images. I like the quiet subjects. It's not the equipment but the photographer...your Olympus is working out very well from the quality of your great shots!

Duncan is a water dog I see. Our new Koa loves the water too. Looks like you and Richard are keeping busy and on the move to adventures in your Airstream. Hope we get to camp together some time.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #1976
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
So what is everyone doing these fine days I am sure lots are either getting in their last Rallies of the season or for some already well on the way to winterizing with threatening warnings of snow storms all around us.... this was thursday so we have had fair warning that it is coming
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0804.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	70191

Today is a rainy yucky day. My Mom loves Bread Pudding. I was going to bake yesterday but always something gets in the way if it is a nice day out to prepare for winter. And taking deliveries of the preliminary supplies for the foundation of the new garage.

After a quick step outside to see what was up...

Name:	DSC_0831.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	70192 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0834.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	70193
We have a bit too much aggregate in the way and the corner swinging around the garage was a bit shy in space so that was a good substitute of material - two more trees down (dead and dying cedars) and we have plenty of room. Peter just has to pull and level the aggregate ready for the garage floor to be poured now and he is working on the cement block - if it ever stops raining.

Name:	DSC_0826.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	70195
I got the grass all laid down between the new garage/drive and house and much of the gardens sorted for winter - a few more to go. Got the LB tidied inside ( she is acting as a bit of a shed for some of the things that need protection from the winter like my new bike and Dad's Lawnmower I moved her beside the Overlander while we will be building the garage I fear someone at some point will hit her so she is safely tucked away now - until the garage is up and she can go inside along with ModPod.

Our good health has returned just in the nick of time to get things done - now if we can just pace ourselves....and get through this winter un-scathed!!!!

....So I thought heck why not Bread Pudding indoors in the warmth!!!! and a visit later with the big surprise - so a double batch of Bread Pudding is baking as I type.

Name:	DSC_0838.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	70194

I follow somewhat the recipe in the Joy of Cooking book - but use hot cross buns and english muffins along with what ever other buns or bread I have. I don't use the stale stuff - eeuuu yuck. I skip the meringue and just whisk the egg whites and pour on top of the pudding. I use 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of the fruit cocktail and also dice up an apple. No nutmeg and sub cinnamon instead. It is such an easy recipe bake at 350 for 45 min and Yum. I can post the full recipe if anyone is interested.

Still playing with my music and might be working toward doing something constructive with it but has not come to me yet I am working on a new album called Increments of Life Some of the songs are available here for free download.

Increments of Life - Black Widow

This site offers it's own player so you can listen straight or download for later - if you scroll to the bottom of the page it lists other songs on the album - thus far or click on my name for all the compositions I have listed Some may stay and some may not - and never know if I will finish either....If you like to find new music this site is a great place to hang out and see what talent there is out there - many of whom will never ever make the charts but their music is so insightful and charming, some of it fun, some of it way out of this world and bad for the ears nevertheless a good listening hole....

Besides looking for a new house for Mom and Dad, considering a new breed of puppy for the parents - specifically for Mom's coming home present, dealing with lawyers and idiot neighbours Life is Great!...and will be even better when I can yank the Bread Pudding and share it with you all around a cozy - electric fire indoors cause I ain't sitting out side in this weather

So who has had a chance to sit in our new digs yet???? I'm thinking Sue's find was perfect eh for this winter....perhaps we can start decorating it with all the different crafts and talents we have among us...

Best wishes for everyone in safe travels for the snowbirds and extra hugs for those having to go through life's trials and tribulations....

Old 10-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #1977
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

Brad has pulmonary embolisms and will be on blood thinners to reduce further clotting. He was in the hospital for five days mostly in ICU. He is home and right back into the swing of things. So glad to have him home!!! He was ready to climb the hospital walls being that sedentary.
Wow Carol! That had to be scary. I am glad he is home. He needs to take it easy for a while....... Tie him to a chair or something.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #1978
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Pass a plate and cream please....

......dig in gals

Name:	DSC_0840.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	70196
Old 10-26-2008, 02:08 AM   #1979
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow!

I read this evening (or is that this morning) that one of the Silver Sisters is now a bona-fide WBCCI celebrity and has excelled beyond "Rivette Queen" to 2nd VP of the Metro Detroit Unit.

That is excellent! Laura Congratulations! - You will do great and what an inspiration to all those younger Airstreamers and woman too!

You have it in you to think outside the box. Think of all the obstacles people in their 20's to 30's even 40's face that prevent them from enjoying and participating in rallies and caravans and start tearing those obstacles down one at a time by example.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #1980
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Thanks for the support Sharon
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #1981
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
So much news here since my last stop!

Carol & Sharon, got you & your families in my thoughts. GRATS Laura! I feel like I say that every time I see you now!

My little AS is parked for the winter, but the renovations aren't stopping. Right now she's basically a half-plumbed aluminum tent! We're working on the electrical right now & it's really scary because I am not making the easily changeable decisions about layout anymore!

I still might snuggle up in a sleeping bag on the AS floor before it gets too cold, I've got that separation anxiety going
Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #1982
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Kudos Laura!!! Your are welcome.

Thanks Brock - we are moving a bit more positively forward these days... Mom had a fall on Saturday from her dialysis chair to her wheel chair there was only one nurse!!! they are supposed to have two until she is completely steady on her feet and strong enough to be consistent. Now she is worried that they will not release her but we are reassuring her. It was just a little trip literally to her butt - we all fall at one point or another. But it shook her up pretty good. She is having a tough time with her right side. We think it may be either nerve damage from the spinal block or could even be a series of mini strokes, egads what else to worry about eh?.....Bodies are a marvel but then a huge worry at the same time.

Stay fit and healthy all - take care of yourselves and your loved ones!!!!!!

Just sharing....for anyone who has to get through some "stuff" life throws at ya!!...

Idioms Amuck - click on link for song and lyrics.

.... the last bit of colour,

Name:	DSC_0790.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	70371
before our place is painted in a blanket of white....
Old 10-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #1983
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Catching up

Hi all,

I have been out of commission for a couple of weeks, first with a recurring intestinal problem which got solved for now and then just to make life interesting I fell backwards down a long flight of stairs and tore up my right knee and ankle! Nothing broken and it's getting better - so it's no big deal - just inconvenient.

I have been reading all the posts and empathizing with those of you coping with parents and others medical situations - been there and it's never fun or easy - best to you all.

I have especially enjoyed everyones photos and had a great time checking out Nancy R's picasa pages. It was so nice to see photos of places like Canyon De Chelly which gave some sense of scope as often all you see are a close up of the ruins. Thanks for making them available Nancy!

The Silver Schooner is about to be winterized so camping for this year is over - but she's right outside my kitchen door so I can see her and dream about next summer.

Cheers to all,
Old 10-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #1984
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Louisa - glad to hear that you are feeling better. Intestinal stuff is not very much fun at all.

Now you take really good care of your knee and ankle - make sure you keep up with the therapy and if you are not doing any and still at the rest and elevation stage then when it does come time - don't mess with it - it is the most important stage for full recovery especially at our ages, to avoid future recurring problems....

Good luck with your winterizing - are you getting a dealer to do it or are you doing it yourself?

I asked Steph what I should do (Peter too busy with other things) and she gave me a great step by step. - (Thanks Steph - all set now for the blizzards! Yikes)

I have been really bad - I thoroughly enjoyed Nancy's galleries and completely forgot to mention it - thanks for reminding me.....

Nancy did you hear that - and your daughter has such a talent as well. I am now in between which style I like the best - close ups or wide angle.

I guess not having the vast expanse before me here I have always found close ups more intriguing but since our holidays and seeing such vastness in the fields and oceans and the amazing skies I can really see the attraction to "widescape photography"

I have been remise in updating my own PBase Galleries and must make an effort to select from the 1000's I have taken this summer and fall from our impromptu purchase the ModPod...

Take care of yourself Louisa - are you dressing up your Jasper for Halloween - like in a white sheet

Not sure if the girls will let me dress them up again this year and make them look like silly shetland ponies and punkrockers But might do for a good laugh - and I sure could use a lot more laughter in my life right now....eh Lou - Loved your laughter e-mail of a while back...

Hey any ideas on where we could take our "virtual online rally".....we did not travel much last year - and the beauty is that we can travel anywhere in the world from right here.....

How about loading up our airstreams on the Cunard Line express ship and caravanning around Europe....anyone have stories of their travels overseas???
Old 10-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #1985
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Rehab

Sharon, know what you are going through with your mom. My mom is back in rehab too. Skilled nursing is keeping her safe enough, but she is still not mobile and too stubborn to stay in the chair. She goes to therapy for an hour a day, plus a little speech therapy to keep the cognition going. I go every day to spend time as the "cheerleader" to all of the elders who are in the rehab room when we get there. Some of them are all alone with no family to cheer them on. That takes up most of my morning. Sorry to hear that you have had to move on and give up on the lot on the lake. That bunch of saps that is stopping you should be dumped in the lake! It is too sad to see that dream home for your folks going away. But you need to march on and do what you need to do for you and Peter too.
Larry and I are going to try to do a little more camping if the weather will cooperated. Larry says salt is a no no, so we will stop when the salt flies onto the roads.
That bread pudding looks great! I am coming with a big crockpot full of broccoli/cheese soup. That will be yummy with some bagel chips! Maybe that will chase the rainy cold day a little.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #1986
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, sisters! It's been awhile since I've visited here, and as always, so much goes on in our lives. Carol and Sharon, best wishes with all the health concerns you and your families are dealing with. Carol, I can imagine the scary time you had with Brad and the embolisms...so stressy. I'm glad to hear he's home and active. Just try not to hover...that drives them crazy!! Sharon, you've had such a hard time. What a blessing that you have Peter to support you and share the tough times. It sounds as if your mother has chosen to undertake the HD--I'll have her in my prayers. And to get such a report from the committee on your house plans...%#^#^&%$! Somehow, I believe a place will appear that has your parents' names just splashed all over it--I hope so anyway, but it's sad to see the dream you had fade because of someone's nasty self-concerns For our own issues, our son Stephen who lives with us, has pretty severe disabilities from a lifetime of diabetes, found when he was only four years old...his kidneys are near failure so we (he, Max, and I) are going through some educational appointments with our local Dialysis Center to learn what is ahead if and when he goes into this and also some appointments with our university Transplant Center, considering kidney transplants. He's lived for years with slowly worsening kidney issues and this summer they suddenly tanked. He may have as much as a year or 18 months before doing one or the other, but we're adjusting to the ideas and looking into living donor possibilities with his brother and sisters. Thanks in advance for I know the kind of well wishes and support this group produces Now, enough of all that serious stuff! Brrrrr is right! We were at 27 degrees and heavy frost everywhere this am. Just yesterday I picked a surprise purple iris that bloomed in our garden...I laughed when I saw it and remembered the words...rage, rage at the dying of the light We pitched a lot of fireword on our campfires this past weekend at Bennett Springs SP and fished for trout, not catching a one because they all had their minds set on spawning instead of eating! Who could blame them. Stay warm, stay safe and well, and thanks for that bread pudding, Sharon! I never thought of adding cocktail to mine, but I do use lots of apple and cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum! This slide into the Arctic will have us all returning to bad weather baking! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #1987
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Nancy, your photos and those of your daughter are gorgeous. One of my favorites of hers: a tiny dragonfly caught pausing for just a moment amid the spring green grasses...took my breath away! Thanks for sharing all ~G There is so much to catch up on with all you talented ladies. Laura, you've jumped right into officerhood~wow! With your ideas and youth, you're just what the BIG CLUB needs. Go for it, girl, as we know you will! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #1988
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Thanks Georgia, Ill try to keep things going in the unit!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote